ImageImageImageImageImage

2019-2020 College/Draft thread (Part 6) -LOTTO 8/20 DRAFT 10/16!

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,549

2019-2020 College/Draft thread (Part 6) -LOTTO 8/20 DRAFT 10/16! 

Post#1 » by mpharris36 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:57 pm

continued
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,133

Re: 2019-2020 College/Draft thread (Part 6) -LOTTO 8/25 DRAFT 10/15! 

Post#2 » by KnicksGadfly » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:12 pm

After several months of waiting, playing Tankathon, and watching videos, the day is August 25th. Knicks drop to the 10th seed.

What do you do?
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,384

Post#3 » by robillionaire » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:13 pm

https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/29344259/nba-draft-lottery-potential-picks-odds-every-team

Spoiler:
New York Knicks | Average pick: 5.5
No. 1 pick odds: 9.0% | Top-three pick odds: 27.6%

If they land in the top four, they should pick ...

No. 1: LaMelo Ball

No. 2: Anthony Edwards

No. 3: Deni Avdija

No. 4: Isaac Okoro

Most likely pick: Deni Avdija | F

In the midst of a rebuilding process now headed by new management, the Knicks have more needs than are likely to be addressed with a single draft pick.

One school of thought would be to pick the player with the most star power, which would lead them in the direction of Ball or Edwards. Neither player is a great fit, but a franchise that hasn't made the playoffs in seven years can't afford to pass on talent in favor of fit.

But if Knicks do want a player who complements some of the promising young talent assembled by the previous regime -- namely RJ Barrett, Kevin Knox II and Mitchell Robinson -- the likes of Avdija, Okoro, and to a lesser extent Okongwu, could make plenty of sense. Okoro's defensive versatility, selfless style of play and considerable upside probably would make him fit well with Barrett in a supersized wing duo. -- Givony
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,384

Post#4 » by robillionaire » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:15 pm

I had him 5th on my board, better get on the okoro train givony is on there and it is leaving the station
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,223

Post#5 » by Deeeez Knicks » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:16 pm

Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#6 » by Deeeez Knicks » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:18 pm

KnicksGadfly wrote:After several months of waiting, playing Tankathon, and watching videos, the day is August 25th. Knicks drop to the 10th seed.

What do you do?

Mavs
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#7 » by mpharris36 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:20 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:buckets

plays like a combination of fred vanvleet with a little lou williams (his ability to get to the FT line and score).

the big question will his level of competition and skill set translate to when he takes a huge leap to the NBA from the colonial athlete conference.

ROSTER

Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#8 » by Deeeez Knicks » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:46 pm

mpharris36 wrote:

plays like a combination of fred vanvleet with a little lou williams (his ability to get to the FT line and score).

the big question will his level of competition and skill set translate to when he takes a huge leap to the NBA from the colonial athlete conference.

Yea, some question marks but could be a nice pickup in the late first or second round if he pans out. Haliburton/Grant/RJ could be a fun combo if we came away from the draft with that.
Mavs
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#9 » by mpharris36 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:00 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

Yea, some question marks but could be a nice pickup in the late first or second round if he pans out. Haliburton/Grant/RJ could be a fun combo if we came away from the draft with that.

yeah if they go with someone that isnt a ball dominant option with there first pick. Haliburton/Deni someone like that I think someone like Riller could be an option in the later round. Obviously if you get more Ball or Hayes he probably doesn't hold the same value it kinda all depends on how the draft shakes out.

ROSTER

Strick
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,447

Post#10 » by Strick » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:18 pm

I want Tyrell Terry on the team. Doesn’t need to dominate the ball control but is lights out shooting. He moves excellently without the ball. He is someone this team could seriously use. And he wouldn’t someone who holds the ball so long that RJ and others get frozen out. His size is a concern and he’ll need to be hidden in defense but he’s a sniper from 3
RGM Knicks BAF- Minnesota Timberwolves

PG: Coby|Ivey|Bones
SG: Monk|Dinwiddie|Smith Jr
SF: B Miller|Jalen J|Cissoko
PF: Paolo|Obi|Walker
C: SenGOON|Koloko|____
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#11 » by mpharris36 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:23 pm

Strick wrote:I want Tyrell Terry on the team. Doesn’t need to dominate the ball control but is lights out shooting. He moves excellently without the ball. He is someone this team could seriously use. And he wouldn’t someone who holds the ball so long that RJ and others get frozen out. His size is a concern and he’ll need to be hidden in defense but he’s a sniper from 3

unfortunately I don't think you will be able to hide him on defense. ATL can't hide Trae Young and he is a genious offensive player. Terry would literally need to put up that kind of production to warrant that kind of playing time.

Otherwise he's kinda stuck as an instant offense guy off the bench.

ROSTER

Strick
Lead Assistant

Post#12 » by Strick » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:23 pm

Read on Twitter

If we have to trade up with our second first I’m all for it.

Strick
Lead Assistant

Post#13 » by Strick » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:27 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
Strick wrote:I want Tyrell Terry on the team. Doesn’t need to dominate the ball control but is lights out shooting. He moves excellently without the ball. He is someone this team could seriously use. And he wouldn’t someone who holds the ball so long that RJ and others get frozen out. His size is a concern and he’ll need to be hidden in defense but he’s a sniper from 3

unfortunately I don't think you will be able to hide him on defense. ATL can't hide Trae Young and he is a genious offensive player. Terry would literally need to put up that kind of production to warrant that kind of playing time.

True. I do think he’ll get stronger and I honestly think he looks taller than Trae even though they are listed very similarly. It would be fun to see him with any combo of Frank and RJ. All 3 could handle the ball and not be content sitting along the 3 pt arc. RJ and Frank are solid defensively at least (Frank being very good and RJ was a very pleasant surprise on that end I thought). Then have a rim protector like Mitch. Tyrell would be a liability on defense for sure but he’s incredibly smart and I think will become “more” serviceable on that end. He would do wonders for the spacing on this team

3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,378

Post#14 » by 3toheadmelo » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:40 pm

Add a poll!
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#15 » by mpharris36 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:46 pm

Strick wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

True. I do think he’ll get stronger and I honestly think he looks taller than Trae even though they are listed very similarly. It would be fun to see him with any combo of Frank and RJ. All 3 could handle the ball and not be content sitting along the 3 pt arc. RJ and Frank are solid defensively at least (Frank being very good and RJ was a very pleasant surprise on that end I thought). Then have a rim protector like Mitch. Tyrell would be a liability on defense for sure but he’s incredibly smart and I think will become “more” serviceable on that end. He would do wonders for the spacing on this team

I hear ya and that is why I'm leaning more towards someone like Desmond Bane

a little more positional versatility because he has an NBA body. His knock is that he would be two years older than Terry. But he shot 44% on high volume...nearly making 3 3's per game. He is also someone that can put the ball on the floor and has pretty good vision.

ROSTER

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#16 » by mpharris36 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:48 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:Add a poll!

what type of poll before were you thinking when we don't know where we are picking?

Do you want to do one if we had the first pick who would we pick

or

Do you want to do what the NBA draft board does. Just make a big board. List out a bunch of players and rank them and then we can slowly build a Knicks realgm consensus big board?

ROSTER

3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#17 » by 3toheadmelo » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:57 pm

mpharris36 wrote:

what type of poll before were you thinking when we don't know where we are picking?

or

Do you want to do what the NBA draft board does. Just make a big board. List out a bunch of players and rank them and then we can slowly build a Knicks realgm consensus big board?

Let’s do something that isn’t predictable. I am sure everybody will vote for Lamelo if we won the 1st pick.

We can do multiple things. Like one poll could be Hayes vs Haliburton, Cole and Kira.

Another one could be best big man of the draft. Wiseman vs Onyeka and Toppin.

Who should the Knicks pick at #4

Stuff like that.
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#18 » by mpharris36 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:01 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

or

Let’s do something that isn’t predictable. I am sure everybody will vote for Lamelo if we won the 1st pick.

We can do multiple things. Like one poll could be Hayes vs Haliburton, Cole and Kira.

Stuff like that.

well lets say we did this "knicks" big board voting. So I would put 5-10 names and say have a "other" write in option and then give 24 hours for people to vote then the player with the highest # of votes go off the big board. And we can have a discussions about it. Like it might be easy early but when you start getting to pick 4-5 and such we probably will have a lot of variety...might be cool to see.

I know the NBA draft board does something similar but we can do this more "knicks centric" big board. I'll give it a shot and see how many people we have.

ROSTER

3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#19 » by 3toheadmelo » Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:08 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

or

Stuff like that.

well lets say we did this "knicks" big board voting. So I would put 5-10 names and say have a "other" write in option and then give 24 hours for people to vote then the player with the highest # of votes go off the big board. And we can have a discussions about it. Like it might be easy early but when you start getting to pick 4-5 and such we probably will have a lot of variety...might be cool to see.

I know the NBA draft board does something similar but we can do this more "knicks centric" big board. I'll give it a shot and see how many people we have.

I guess we can try that
Zenzibar
General Manager
And1: 8,372

Post#20 » by Zenzibar » Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:11 pm

The more I look at the 27th pick, the more I'm thinking it's going to be involve in a nice trade.
Stop All Genocides

Return to New York Knicks