ImageImageImageImageImage

NBA is Officially Back (Official Thread)

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

nabbs
RealGM
And1: 19,365

Re: NBA is Officially Back (Official Thread) 

Post#481 » by nabbs » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:38 pm

Read on Twitter

2018 My Top Guys (no particular order): Doncic, JJJ, Zhaire Smith, Miles Bridges, Knox, Wendell, Bamba, Ayton, Sexton, Brown, Huerter, Okogie, Svi,
rocky_da_best
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,850

Post#482 » by rocky_da_best » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:59 pm

nabbs wrote:
Read on Twitter

Good decision. Wizards aren't making the playoffs anyway
nabbs
RealGM
And1: 19,365

Post#483 » by nabbs » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:12 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

2018 My Top Guys (no particular order): Doncic, JJJ, Zhaire Smith, Miles Bridges, Knox, Wendell, Bamba, Ayton, Sexton, Brown, Huerter, Okogie, Svi,
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 19,782

Post#484 » by Zeno » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:53 pm

nabbs wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

So this is actually happening. Wonder how the ones who stayed in the states are getting down there from their locations all over the states. They sending the MLSE plane to pick up Kyle, Marc and the rest? I know Dewan is already down there. The transport part of this might be the most dangerous part covid-wise.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
RealGM
And1: 66,480

Post#485 » by 720 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:04 pm

Hey guys, so like my ac started leaking because of a kinked hose and so the apartment unit below me has a huge hole in their living room ceiling. It could have all been prevented if the super just came and inspected properly. Anyways, my ac is what caused all this damage.

I am going to call my home insurance company tomorrow to see what they’ll cover, I just want to know. Should I go down to the unit below me and talk to them or should I just contact my insurance and let everything go from there? People are telling me to not talk to the owners below me for legal reasons but I feel bad about what happened to them, they bought their apartment recently (overpaid too btw) and I just feel so down about it.
Zeno
RealGM

Post#486 » by Zeno » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:15 pm

720 wrote:Hey guys, so like my ac started leaking because of a kinked hose and so the apartment unit below me has a huge hole in their living room ceiling. It could have all been prevented if the super just came and inspected properly. Anyways, my ac is what caused all this damage.

I am going to call my home insurance company tomorrow to see what they’ll cover, I just want to know. Should I go down to the unit below me and talk to them or should I just contact my insurance and let everything go from there? People are telling me to not talk to the owners below me for legal reasons but I feel bad about what happened to them, they bought their apartment recently (overpaid too btw) and I just feel so down about it.

I’m a little confused, this is an apartment or a condominium? You have renter’s insurance or home insurance? Also is your unit damaged or just the one below yours?
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
RealGM

Post#487 » by 720 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:24 pm

Zeno wrote:
720 wrote:Hey guys, so like my ac started leaking because of a kinked hose and so the apartment unit below me has a huge hole in their living room ceiling. It could have all been prevented if the super just came and inspected properly. Anyways, my ac is what caused all this damage.

I’m a little confused, this is an apartment or a condominium? You have renter’s insurance or home insurance? Also is your unit damaged or just the one below yours?

Sorry, it’s a condo. I have home insurance, we own it. Damage is in both units but ours is minor (leakage below the floorboard), they have a huge hole in their ceiling, looks like it’ll cost around 2-3 grand to fix their stuff.

Based off what the super told me we’re probably going to be held accountable for both units’ damages.

I have yet to contact my insurance though. Will do first thing tomorrow.
Zeno
RealGM

Post#488 » by Zeno » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:39 pm

720 wrote:
Zeno wrote:

Sorry, it’s a condo. I have home insurance, we own it. Damage is in both units but ours is minor (leakage below the floorboard), they have a huge hole in their ceiling, looks like it’ll cost around 2-3 grand to fix their stuff.

Based off what the super told me we’re probably going to be held accountable for both units’ damages.

Sorry, I actually don’t know the protocol’s with condo damage. I assume maintenance for the air conditioner is your responsibility and not the super’s, right? My air conditioner just broke this morning so I guess I felt some air conditioner bad luck solidarity or something that caused me to respond. anyway, hopefully someone here with a clue jumps in give you useful advice...Good luck.

Please advise….

Dan G.
RealGM

Post#489 » by 720 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:45 pm

Zeno wrote:
720 wrote:
Zeno wrote:I’m a little confused, this is an apartment or a condominium? You have renter’s insurance or home insurance? Also is your unit damaged or just the one below yours?

Sorry, I actually don’t know the protocol’s with condo damage. I assume maintenance for the air conditioner is your responsibility and not the super’s, right? My air conditioner just broke this morning so I guess I felt some air conditioner bad luck solidarity or something that caused me to respond. anyway, hopefully someone here with a clue jumps in give you useful advice...Good luck.

Thanks man, my ac broke last summer. Now this summer this leakage crap. I mainly feel bad for my neighbours below me. I just hope my ac doesn’t leak again. We’ve seemingly addressed the issue but I am scared to turn it back on and leave it on for an extended period of time.
Lord_Zedd
RealGM
And1: 19,793

Post#490 » by Lord_Zedd » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:55 pm

Add Trevor Ariza to the list of players not playing.

Read on Twitter
TheRealDeal
RealGM
And1: 11,821

Post#491 » by TheRealDeal » Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:18 am

Lord_Zedd wrote:Add Trevor Ariza to the list of players not playing.

I wonder how many of these guys on non-playoff teams thought the season was over and went full offseason mode
rocky_da_best
Assistant Coach

Post#492 » by rocky_da_best » Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:58 am

TheRealDeal wrote:

I wonder how many of these guys on non-playoff teams thought the season was over and went full offseason mode

Most of them. I definitely don't like the fact that they are restarting but I think the NHL had it right with just scrapping the regular season altogether. This 8 game play-in **** is stupid.
2019nbachamps
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,551

Post#493 » by 2019nbachamps » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:59 am

rocky_da_best wrote:
TheRealDeal wrote:

Most of them. I definitely don't like the fact that they are restarting but I think the NHL had it right with just scrapping the regular season altogether. This 8 game play-in **** is stupid.

Agree with you play-in is a waste of time but it's more of a way of getting players in shape for playoffs rather. LeBron said a few months ago he estimated it would take around 6 games and 1 month for guys to get back into the swing of things. This was the NBA's way of heeding the advice of players and appeasing teams that want a shot at a playoff spot.
rocky_da_best
Assistant Coach

Post#494 » by rocky_da_best » Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:54 am

2019nbachamps wrote:
rocky_da_best wrote:
TheRealDeal wrote:

Agree with you play-in is a waste of time but it's more of a way of getting players in shape for playoffs rather. LeBron said a few months ago he estimated it would take around 6 games and 1 month for guys to get back into the swing of things. This was the NBA's way of heeding the advice of players and appeasing teams that want a shot at a playoff spot.

No reason you can't have playoff teams assemble in their home cities, get an extended training camp, and even potentially 1-2 "pre season" games against the other conference so you aren't gaining an advantage of playing someone within your own conference and seeing their sets in person. And you don't have b.s. "bubble teams" showing up that dont want to be there anyway. Problem solved.
Mr Fitzhume
Junior
And1: 650

Post#495 » by Mr Fitzhume » Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:07 am

Read on Twitter
TheAlchemist
General Manager
And1: 8,235

Post#496 » by TheAlchemist » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:41 am

Mr Fitzhume wrote:
Read on Twitter

Our Guys are just such good people. They all buy in together and work hard together.

I pray to God for all their health and pray that they don't interact with anyone in Florida that does have COVID.
The Duke
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,150

Post#497 » by The Duke » Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:42 am

Mr Fitzhume wrote:
Read on Twitter

Let's go oooo!
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,760

Post#498 » by Basketball_Jones » Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:44 pm

720 wrote:
Zeno wrote:

Oh you're covered bro, liability coverage. Call them ASAP though, lol.
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
RealGM

Post#499 » by 720 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:33 pm

Basketball_Jones wrote:
720 wrote:
Zeno wrote:I’m a little confused, this is an apartment or a condominium? You have renter’s insurance or home insurance? Also is your unit damaged or just the one below yours?

Oh you're covered bro, liability coverage. Call them ASAP though, lol.

Yeah dude I called. Now I have a big decision to make. So they’re saying since water leaked under my floorboards they think it should be removed and replaced (in the living room and my bedroom).

This would take a week to repair and I’ll probably have to pay the 1000 dollar deductible. Or I could just tell them to put a bunch of humidifiers in those rooms and not have to feel with all repair work.

Also I don’t know if I should take the cash settlement or just let the insurance company hire their own crew and fix everything.
SwiftyV
Sixth Man
And1: 1,682

Post#500 » by SwiftyV » Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:52 pm

2019nbachamps wrote:
rocky_da_best wrote:
TheRealDeal wrote:

The "seeding games" as the NBA calls it is ALSO a ton about money. These scheduled games will allow most teams to meet their regional sports network contracts meaning they'll get a ton of money. These games are going to minimize the amount of money that players have/could have lost because of some of these lost games.

Return to Toronto Raptors