Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,651

Avery Bradley will opt out of returning this season 

Post#1 » by dockingsched » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:33 am

Read on Twitter
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: Avery Bradley will opt out of returning this season 

Post#2 » by dockingsched » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:33 am

Read on Twitter
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
chefy
Head Coach
And1: 650

Post#3 » by chefy » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:50 am

cant believe we're actually signing JR freaking Smith lmao.

could be a blessing in disguise tho!

more power to Avery.

I disagree with him because I think he can use the NBA as a platform for the cause, but more power to him!
digcom99
Sophomore
And1: 70

Post#4 » by digcom99 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:34 am

chefy wrote:cant believe we're actually signing JR freaking Smith lmao.

could be a blessing in disguise tho!

more power to Avery.

I disagree with him because I think he can use the NBA as a platform for the cause, but more power to him!

It seems likes he's opting out because one of his children has respiratory issues. It's the right choice to not go. I wouldn't go either if my kid is in the at-risk category.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,185

Post#5 » by LAKESHOW » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:54 am

I have been droppin COOKS name from the beginning. Don't care who we pick up, or what moves we don't make. COOKs time is now. CHEMISTRY is KEY this late in the game. Hes already on the team, and regardless of his defensive shortcomings, its his opportunity. He has paid his dues and deserves his shot. Ive seen many a time when someone comes on board, with no chemistry and history with the guys. More often than not, its a difficult transition to make. But Cook is already there. Give the kid his shot, and well roll the dice with his skillset
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,445

Post#6 » by Slava » Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:24 am

I respect his choice. He was instrumental in the win over clippers before the break but over the full season KCP had been better as a starter and Caruso can handle more minutes as the back up.

I don't know what JR and Dion Waiters have left in the tank but both are microwave scorers who bring another dimension to the bench units that is more required than Bradley.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Spanish_Laker
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,010

Post#7 » by Spanish_Laker » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:59 am

Good riddance, I think the team will be fine with KCP, Caruso, Waiters, Rondo and JR Smith as the 1-2 players.
Banned after 15 years in this forum for no reason. Farewell RealGM users
mcscotty
Rookie
And1: 486

Post#8 » by mcscotty » Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:43 am

Hope KCP hasn't been hittin the sauce too hard during the lockdown.
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 19,472

Post#9 » by Mamba Mentality » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:55 pm

Major bummer but I'd be more upset if Dwight didn't commit. Between Green, KCP, and AC I think we have enough on the perimeter to ride this out.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by dockingsched » Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:52 pm

Fully support his decision, however if he didn’t intend to return this season, I don’t think he should’ve been playing any kind of role in that group that was pushing other players to not return either.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#11 » by Kilroy » Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:02 pm

dockingsched wrote:Fully support his decision, however if he didn’t intend to return this season, I don’t think he should’ve been playing any kind of role in that group that was pushing other players to not return either.

Ok, so it basically comes down to concerns for his son's health... Good to know... And given that, I agree that he should have had no part in trying to steer other players away.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,298

Post#12 » by Dr Aki » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:48 am

LAKESHOW wrote:I have been droppin COOKS name from the beginning. Don't care who we pick up, or what moves we don't make. COOKs time is now. CHEMISTRY is KEY this late in the game. Hes already on the team, and regardless of his defensive shortcomings, its his opportunity. He has paid his dues and deserves his shot. Ive seen many a time when someone comes on board, with no chemistry and history with the guys. More often than not, its a difficult transition to make. But Cook is already there. Give the kid his shot, and well roll the dice with his skillset

Cook is worse than a traffic cone on defence though.

Like F ratings all round on defence.

Read on Twitter
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#13 » by Landsberger » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:15 am

This is huge. Bradley was key in most of our wins. We trade experience for tattoos and chucking. This will be a huge loss for us I'm afraid. He's soundly out played Green in all but a handful of games.
BEazy
RealGM
And1: 2,483

Post#14 » by BEazy » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:44 am

KCP and Caruso need to step up. Hopefully Waiters surprises too.

Long Live The Black Mamba. Kobe Bean Bryant Laker For Life. 8/24
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,185

Post#15 » by LAKESHOW » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:20 am

Aki, sure, understood, I'm saying what your saying is all correct. But what I'm also saying we are deep deep deeeep in the 4th Qtr of the game. Bradley being unavailable is a major blow not only because he was a starter, but due to fact of the timing. What I'm saying is to bring in brand new dudes, train up the chemistry and bond with the guys is gonna be a trainwreck. JAX taught that philosophy.
So all I'm saying is, at this late stage, let's go with the guys we got in house and roll with what we got. Kcp, Caruso, cook etc step up and let's go
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,809

Post#16 » by TylersLakers » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:56 am

Not the end of the world at all. KCP's a better offensive player and gives 85% of what Bradley does defensively. And if we need a defensive guard, play Caruso more.

The rotation was already too big as is for the playoffs. Easier now.

KCP
Green
LeBron
AD
McGee

With Kuz, Caruso, Howard off the bench. If you need a 9th guy, you could go Morris or Waiters.
whitelight
Freshman
And1: 10

Post#17 » by whitelight » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:56 pm

Defensively it's going to hurt by not having Bradley and I understand what he has to do. I just hope it doesn't back to haunt us. I have seen this movie before a team losing a key player ends up losing in the playoffs. I mean what would had happen if we had Bynum and Ariza in 08 vs the C's we'll never know. Now I hope it doesn't come back to bite in this bubble. So Frank has work to do.
kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Post#18 » by kblo247 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:36 am

TylersLakers wrote:Not the end of the world at all. KCP's a better offensive player and gives 85% of what Bradley does defensively. And if we need a defensive guard, play Caruso more.

KCP
Green
LeBron
AD
McGee

With Kuz, Caruso, Howard off the bench. If you need a 9th guy, you could go Morris or Waiters.

This pretty much assures us of a couple of things.

Kuzma is the sixth man now, no bs or playing with his minutes like all year. Morris is going to be the 10th guy and play nightly now as opposed to trying to play 11. KCP is going to get paid this summer and clutch tax our ass after this. Dwight and Javale pretty much are guaranteed about 30 center minutes leaving the rest to AD. LeBron is LeBron hopefully and father time hasn't snuck up on him with yet another break to offset his rhythm. And playoff Rondo might really show up since he has had all this time off
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,298

Post#19 » by Dr Aki » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:09 am

Darren Collison please save us
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,809

Post#20 » by TylersLakers » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:34 pm

kblo247 wrote:
TylersLakers wrote:Not the end of the world at all. KCP's a better offensive player and gives 85% of what Bradley does defensively. And if we need a defensive guard, play Caruso more.

KCP
Green
LeBron
AD
McGee

This pretty much assures us of a couple of things.

Kuzma is the sixth man now, no bs or playing with his minutes like all year. Morris is going to be the 10th guy and play nightly now as opposed to trying to play 11. KCP is going to get paid this summer and clutch tax our ass after this. Dwight and Javale pretty much are guaranteed about 30 center minutes leaving the rest to AD. LeBron is LeBron hopefully and father time hasn't snuck up on him with yet another break to offset his rhythm. And playoff Rondo might really show up since he has had all this time off

Yep, Kuzma has to start playing 30 MPG. Period.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers