Image ImageImage Image

NBA Trade Thread

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Bulls619sd
Sophomore
And1: 23

Re: NBA Trade Thread 

Post#1561 » by Bulls619sd » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:34 am

Rose2Boozer
Starter
And1: 646

Post#1562 » by Rose2Boozer » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:48 am

Bulls619sd wrote:https://sportsmockery.com/2020/06/blake-griffin-and-derrick-rose-to-chicago/

Blake Griffin is well paid. I would love to see the Pistons continue to pay him.

38,957,028(PO)
ROLES & HOLES
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,523

Post#1563 » by Andi Obst » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:48 am

Bulls619sd wrote:https://sportsmockery.com/2020/06/blake-griffin-and-derrick-rose-to-chicago/

This is obviously based on nothing but pure speculation, but I still find it hilarious that the article questions whether Detroit would actually do this. What's the over/under for the time Detroit's new GM takes to accept that deal? 0.00005 seconds?
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,639

Post#1564 » by sco » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:35 pm

Little Nathan wrote:

This is obviously based on nothing but pure speculation, but I still find it hilarious that the article questions whether Detroit would actually do this. What's the over/under for the time Detroit's new GM takes to accept that deal? 0.00005 seconds?

I sounds too snarky to say both guys are on their last legs. I could see teams looking to stash a couple quality, but low regular season use, vets for a deep playoff run. I find it funny to say that Rose looks much more durable than Griffin, who looks all but done.
:clap:
Ayman78
Sophomore
And1: 51

Post#1565 » by Ayman78 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:00 pm

Is it possible to trade Thad Young and possibly Thomas Satoranský to free up cap space to sign Fred VanVleet? While I don't see Auturis and Mark making major moves this offseason, but bringing in VanVleet in to start at the PG would be huge. Adding the drafting of a player like Dani Avdija would really round out a bright future depending upon coaching selection. I like a depth chart going into next season of the following:

PG: Vanvleet
SG: Lavine
SF: Porter
PF: Markkanen
C: Carter
6th: White
7th: Avidija
8th: Gadford
9th: Dunn(?)
sco
RealGM

Post#1566 » by sco » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:42 pm

Ayman78 wrote:Is it possible to trade Thad Young and possibly Thomas Satoranský to free up cap space to sign Fred VanVleet? While I don't see Auturis and Mark making major moves this offseason, but bringing in VanVleet in to start at the PG would be huge. Adding the drafting of a player like Dani Avdija would really round out a bright future depending upon coaching selection. I like a depth chart going into next season of the following:

I love FVV, but I doubt it will be possible to move enough space in light of cap changes...others who actually know what they are talking about can really answer.
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,913

Post#1567 » by ChettheJet » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:14 am

VanVleet would be the one FA I'd be willing to make a move to get this year. After seeing if he would be interested I would at least look for some way to trade Porter to clear the space, second round swaps or something to help it work but he would make for an excellent 3 guard rotation. Sign and trade Dunn, see who wants Valentine. I'd be willing to start Hutchison for a year and let him sink or swim or if he gets hurt then he'd be gone, hope Satoransky can fill in

Then next year buyout Young and Felicio, make a decision on Markkanen, Satoransky, Kornet and make a move in free agency for a SF or a PF to go with this year and next year's FRPs. That would be a quick revamp of the roster and go as far as it takes us.
drosereturn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,495

Post#1568 » by drosereturn » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:24 am

Ayman78 wrote:Is it possible to trade Thad Young and possibly Thomas Satoranský to free up cap space to sign Fred VanVleet? While I don't see Auturis and Mark making major moves this offseason, but bringing in VanVleet in to start at the PG would be huge. Adding the drafting of a player like Dani Avdija would really round out a bright future depending upon coaching selection. I like a depth chart going into next season of the following:

This is the type of move they should make. By doing this, you develop young talent while being able to attract FAs and AD takes notice.
I dont want a bunch of 20 yr olds all at the starting lineup, taking my turn your turn.
Vanvleet is a great shortgap and long term as well I would sign him 4/60.
Lamelo will be a future superstar Bull. Book it. Lavar for president!
sco
RealGM

Post#1569 » by sco » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:37 am

Showtime23 wrote:

This is the type of move they should make. By doing this, you develop young talent while being able to attract FAs and AD takes notice.
I dont want a bunch of 20 yr olds all at the starting lineup, taking my turn your turn.
Vanvleet is a great shortgap and long term as well I would sign him 4/60.

You raise a good point. I wonder what FVV's market value will be. I expect some team to over pay for him. Look for the Knicks to offer 4/$100.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,064

Post#1570 » by MrSparkle » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:04 pm

Geez. The FVV talk has to end immediately. Fortunately we have a very good FO now who will not invest big cap-space into a 30+yo undersized scoring PG on a team with 6 score-first/create-later PGs and no wings or reliable defensive forwards.
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,523

Post#1571 » by Andi Obst » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:11 pm

I like VanVleet a lot, especially on his current contract and in the situation he is in. I doubt I will like him as much in a primary role while making 15+ mil a year.
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
StunnerKO
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,143

Post#1572 » by StunnerKO » Wed Jul 1, 2020 1:29 pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,839

Post#1573 » by TheSuzerain » Wed Jul 1, 2020 1:33 pm

StunnerKO wrote:Image

Guards as bad offensively as Dunn is simply aren't viable in any sort of playoff setting. I just don't see the point.
sco
RealGM

Post#1574 » by sco » Wed Jul 1, 2020 5:46 pm

TheSuzerain wrote:
StunnerKO wrote:Image

Guards as bad offensively as Dunn is simply aren't viable in any sort of playoff setting. I just don't see the point.

Agree. I just don't think you can be as bad as Dunn is with his shooting and be a viable NBA rotation player. IMO Sato and Arci are way better as a PG. Unfortunately, neither are enough of an offensive player to play him next to Dunn off the bench. A bench of Arci/Sato, Dunn, Hutch, Thad, Gafford might go scoreless for long stretches, despite good defense.

Dunn is also too injury prone to invest in.
Ayman78
Sophomore
And1: 51

Post#1575 » by Ayman78 » Thu Jul 2, 2020 3:16 am

MrSparkle wrote:Geez. The FVV talk has to end immediately. Fortunately we have a very good FO now who will not invest big cap-space into a 30+yo undersized scoring PG on a team with 6 score-first/create-later PGs and no wings or reliable defensive forwards.

He's 26 and he is a 6+ assist type of player that plays near elite level defense. He's also a very good 3pt shooter. He really has all of the tools to be a lead gaurd and has championship experience. His price tag really is the only thing that might make him a bad idea. However, what other free agent target would not only be viable for Chicago and have the same talent level or better?

Vanvleet and a healthy in-shape Otto Porter Jr. at 26 years old are young enough and veteran enough to be considered viable options for long term pieces for this rebuilding process. Getting this team to playoff caliber team will allow for a more thorough evaluation of key players and attracting high profile free agents.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 6,981

Post#1576 » by Chi town » Thu Jul 2, 2020 3:29 am

No way Raps let FVV is walk. They will overpay. He will replace Lowry and is long term player with Pascal and OG.
sco
RealGM

Post#1577 » by sco » Thu Jul 2, 2020 12:35 pm

Again, I do expect teams to pull up the truck for Fred, but not the Bulls, not this season.
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,913

Post#1578 » by ChettheJet » Thu Jul 2, 2020 6:20 pm

Over on the trade board there's one discussion about Darius Garland CLE for Knox NYK and saying they're both busts or not and one is better than the other.

How about (and the numbers match)

Dunn to CLE so they get a strong defender behind Sexton on that qualifying offer

Valentine and his expiring deal to NYK as a stable veteran

Garland and Knox to the Bulls
they get a PG who could play next to Lavine, White or Satoransky, on a rookie contract under control if he works out well they can let Satoransky go, after this year. Knox competes for minutes with Hutchison behind Porter or allows them to trade Young and have Porter slide over behind Markkanen and the better of the two young guys gets the SF minutes

It's straightforward not complicated by trying to dump Felicio or adding draft picks
sco
RealGM

Post#1579 » by sco » Thu Jul 2, 2020 6:26 pm

ChettheJet wrote:Over on the trade board there's one discussion about Darius Garland CLE for Knox NYK and saying they're both busts or not and one is better than the other.

How about (and the numbers match)

Dunn to CLE so they get a strong defender behind Sexton on that qualifying offer

Valentine and his expiring deal to NYK as a stable veteran

Garland and Knox to the Bulls
they get a PG who could play next to Lavine, White or Satoransky, on a rookie contract under control if he works out well they can let Satoransky go, after this year. Knox competes for minutes with Hutchison behind Porter or allows them to trade Young and have Porter slide over behind Markkanen and the better of the two young guys gets the SF minutes

It's straightforward not complicated by trying to dump Felicio or adding draft picks

I doubt either team answers the phone.
drosereturn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,495

Post#1580 » by drosereturn » Thu Jul 2, 2020 6:29 pm

Chi town wrote:No way Raps let FVV is walk. They will overpay. He will replace Lowry and is long term player with Pascal and OG.

No its not that simple. They have Giannis (supermax) in mind which is why they will preserve cap space. A top GM would exploit that situation and poison pill like Morey did with Asik. I hope AK takes note here.

The Raptors also have to pay OG, Powell, Davis big money and already maxed Siakam so they dont have infinite money. Lose Lowry, theres a big dropoff from Vanvleet. Pick your poison.

I dont know whats the market rate for FVV but a lottery team like the Bulls should bid 15-20, exact amount Raptors will be uncofortable with. Cap experts can do figure out over the summer. You become a top team by taking other teams prime asset and playing in the same conference, other teams loss is your gain.
Lamelo will be a future superstar Bull. Book it. Lavar for president!

Return to Chicago Bulls