Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,535

Re: Nets Sign Tyler Johnson (WOJ) 

Post#2 » by Rich Rane » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:24 am

Took Marks 4 years, but he gets his man.
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#3 » by GTR11 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:41 am

Wow my BleacherCreature notification got me by surprise just as this news. Love it, absolutely great move by Marks. With LeVert and Kyrie missing time Tyler can be huge boost coming from bench. Just hope he's azz can stay healthy, he's another one that be missing 30+ games on a regular.
kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#4 » by kamaze » Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:44 am

Good addition he's a tough player.
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,480

Post#5 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:15 am

Good pick up. If the season does resume (I'm skeptical) he will be a good combo guard off of the bench.

Sucks that we had to waive Theo though but this was going to happen anyway with Chiozza taking his spot
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
clo12345
Freshman
And1: 19

Post#6 » by clo12345 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:41 am

I hope this doesn't eat up Chiozzas minutes
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#7 » by Prokorov » Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:13 pm

Paradise wrote:We finally got him.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

The Marksman always gets his man!

Crabbe, Dudley, now Johnson all on the second crack at it. we just need a deal to acquire marvin williams and it comes full circle :lol:
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#8 » by Prokorov » Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:14 pm

Sucks we lost pinson. he seemed to really have off-court value. would rather have dumped Musa or Chiozza.

Hope Johnson can get back to what he was pre-knee injury. he hasnt looked great since but has had more time with the suspension of play
NetsJets
Starter
And1: 639

Post#9 » by NetsJets » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:15 pm

Better late than never
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,480

Post#10 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:28 pm

Prokorov wrote:Sucks we lost pinson. he seemed to really have off-court value. would rather have dumped Musa or Chiozza.

Hope Johnson can get back to what he was pre-knee injury. he hasnt looked great since but has had more time with the suspension of play

Chiozza looks like a steal at that 3rd PG spot. Good call on TJ's injury, i remember now the last time i saw him he didn't look very explosive.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#11 » by MGrand15 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:05 pm

Chiozza looked good as a backup so I wonder what spot Tyler's gonna have in the rotation. I'm thinking he's just an emergency 3rd string guy in case of injuries.

For what it's worth, Phoenix and Miami fans seemed to not like him at all but in a smaller role, maybe he'll work better.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,535

Post#12 » by Rich Rane » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:49 pm

Prokorov wrote:Sucks we lost pinson. he seemed to really have off-court value. would rather have dumped Musa or Chiozza.

Pinson seems like a good guy, but at some point, on-court value has to matter as well. Watching him play, there were times I wanted to throw my remote at the TV, throw my monitor on the floor, throw my iPad at a wall, or throw my phone at a stranger.
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,557

Post#13 » by DarkXaero » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:02 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Paradise wrote:We finally got him.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

The Marksman always gets his man!

Crabbe, Dudley, now Johnson all on the second crack at it. we just need a deal to acquire marvin williams and it comes full circle :lol:
Expect an Otto Porter signing/trade after his current contract :lol:

Also, to others, I don't think Tyler Johnson is a PG, and it would be a mistake to use him as one. When I've watched him play, and his highlights in general, his strengths are playing off the ball. He moves really well off the ball, he cuts well, and he likes to catch & shoot. I didn't watch him much in Phoenix, but I had heard that they used him at PG, and his production was really poor there. I think this is a really solid pickup by Marks, because I do think that we can get Tyler Johnson back to his Miami Heat form, where he was a pretty decent rotation guard. Either way, a huge upgrade on who he's replacing on the roster (Pinson).
kamaze
General Manager

Post#14 » by kamaze » Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:34 pm

MGrand15 wrote:Chiozza looked good as a backup so I wonder what spot Tyler's gonna have in the rotation. I'm thinking he's just an emergency 3rd string guy in case of injuries.

For what it's worth, Phoenix and Miami fans seemed to not like him at all but in a smaller role, maybe he'll work better.

He broke out in Miami similar to the way Dinwiddie did. TJ went undrafted but Miami gave him a shot as a combo guard with Dragic. In Phoenix he was more of a point guard.
This is a good move as long as they keep Cheese to run the show for the second unit.

kamaze
General Manager

Post#15 » by kamaze » Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:41 pm

Rich Rane wrote:

Pinson seems like a good guy, but at some point, on-court value has to matter as well. Watching him play, there were times I wanted to throw my remote at the TV, throw my monitor on the floor, throw my iPad at a wall, or throw my phone at a stranger.

Broke my old TV throwing the remote at it when the team didn't fight when they should've imo these new models are sensitive. :lol:

Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,196

Post#16 » by Papi_swav » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:32 am

Great addition. He's a hustle player and a decent defender that we desperately needed, or at least he tries on that end. He can also do some good things on offense. We needed a guard defender that can defend the 1 and 2 or smaller type of guards and Tyler fits the bill. He's not as good as he once was but I'm happy we're giving him a chance. Chiozza is clearly our 3rd backup PG. Tyler can play some 2.
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,174

Post#17 » by Keith Van Horn » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:57 pm

Is this pickup only through the rest of the season?

Could this be Dinwiddie insurance too, as in we trade Dinwiddie during the offseason to get an upgrade elsewhere? I know TJ is more of a combo than a ball-handler, but maybe Levert/Chiozza play backup ball handler?
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#18 » by Prokorov » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:46 pm

Keith Van Horn wrote:Is this pickup only through the rest of the season?

Could this be Dinwiddie insurance too, as in we trade Dinwiddie during the offseason to get an upgrade elsewhere? I know TJ is more of a combo than a ball-handler, but maybe Levert/Chiozza play backup ball handler?

details of the contract havent been released yet.

given his injury history and time since he last played well i dont think this is any kind of insurance. more like depth for the restart

Return to Brooklyn Nets