ImageImageImageImageImage

***Official Nets/NBA 2019-2020 Season Thread Part 2*** (Season has resumed)

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Should KD and Kyrie play?

Yes. Let's go for it and make the top tier teams piss themselves
71%
No. We should go out quietly like cowards.
29%

Total votes: 14

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Re: ***Official Nets 2019-2020 Season Thread Part 2*** (Season Resumes 7/31/20) 

Post#61 » by Prokorov » Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:18 pm

GTR11 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Stone wrote:When Atlantic City was being considered, wasn't it dismissed right away because of the high amount of Coronavirus cases?

Could you blame anyone for not wanting to go into a CV epicenter? I know I wouldn't..

At this rate it would be safer to have the players play games in Barclays and MSG than in Florida.

The season is going to be cancelled. Florida is headed in the wrong direction. 4000+ new cases Saturday. With the idiots down there hell bent on acting like everything is normal, I would not he shocked if their Healthcare system gets overwhelmed by mid July.

All of those idiots who keep talking **** about "if you're scared, stay home" are about to learn a hard lesson.

Also, if the NFL thinks they will be kicking off this year they are delusional. The Dolphins, Bucs, and Cardinals will not even be able to set foot in a stadium.

We really facing the fact that sports entertainment might be shot down till things get right. It all start with electing adequate people starting this Nov. It's chain reaction no way around it.

Would be enormous if the democracts could take the senate. there is a realistic path to take enough seats in coming elections. Although we are already seeing "malfunctions" of voting equipment in black areas of battleground states and an enomrous push by the GOP to end any kind of expansion on mail in voting
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,574

Post#62 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:35 pm

Prokorov wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
At this rate it would be safer to have the players play games in Barclays and MSG than in Florida.

The season is going to be cancelled. Florida is headed in the wrong direction. 4000+ new cases Saturday. With the idiots down there hell bent on acting like everything is normal, I would not he shocked if their Healthcare system gets overwhelmed by mid July.

All of those idiots who keep talking **** about "if you're scared, stay home" are about to learn a hard lesson.

Also, if the NFL thinks they will be kicking off this year they are delusional. The Dolphins, Bucs, and Cardinals will not even be able to set foot in a stadium.

We really facing the fact that sports entertainment might be shot down till things get right. It all start with electing adequate people starting this Nov. It's chain reaction no way around it.

Would be enormous if the democracts could take the senate. there is a realistic path to take enough seats in coming elections. Although we are already seeing "malfunctions" of voting equipment in black areas of battleground states and an enomrous push by the GOP to end any kind of expansion on mail in voting

The voter suppression in NY and KY was ridiculous yesterday and these are only the Dem primaries. :nonono:
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#63 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:38 pm

In less than 24 hours, both Jokic, Malcolm Brogdon, and a few other unnamed players on the Suns and another west team have all tested positive for the virus.

And down in Florida:

Adam Silver needs to tell the owners straight up that this plan is looking like complete madness.

MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#64 » by MGrand15 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:51 pm

The positive tests are pretty much expected at this point. That's why they're testing way before they go into the bubble.

I think the owners and the league are basically all in on the restart unless something disastrous happens like a crazy death rate in Florida - which is possible. Or the players get spooked by all this and more than half threaten to pull out. That's also in the cards. Not sure if it's the right move but they've laid down too much groundwork to pull out before it starts.

On the Nets side, I seriously doubt Wilson Chandler is going to Orlando so we're gonna have to sign a replacement forward. On Twitter, he's been pretty against all this for a bunch of reasons.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#65 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:34 am

MGrand15 wrote:The positive tests are pretty much expected at this point. That's why they're testing way before they go into the bubble.

I think the owners and the league are basically all in on the restart unless something disastrous happens like a crazy death rate in Florida - which is possible. Or the players get spooked by all this and more than half threaten to pull out. That's also in the cards. Not sure if it's the right move but they've laid down too much groundwork to pull out before it starts.

On the Nets side, I seriously doubt Wilson Chandler is going to Orlando so we're gonna have to sign a replacement forward. On Twitter, he's been pretty against all this for a bunch of reasons.

Watch this...this is what the NBA players are headed into:

Read on Twitter

:lol: I don't blame Wilson one bit.

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#66 » by Prokorov » Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:32 am

MrDollarBills wrote:In less than 24 hours, both Jokic, Malcolm Brogdon, and a few other unnamed players on the Suns and another west team have all tested positive for the virus.

And down in Florida:

Adam Silver needs to tell the owners straight up that this plan is looking like complete madness.

add Buddy Hield and Jabari parker. and this is before we even get all these guys in 1 place.

its going to be a mockery when the pacers win the title after lebron, giannis, harden, butler all dont play cause of covid infections or some crap like that

just scrap the season
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#67 » by MGrand15 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:35 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
MGrand15 wrote:The positive tests are pretty much expected at this point. That's why they're testing way before they go into the bubble.

Read on Twitter

Bruh :lol: :lol:

I need to find a job in Canada
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#68 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:39 am

MGrand15 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Read on Twitter

Bruh :lol: :lol:

I need to find a job in Canada

I want out too :lol:

well, I don't know where you are, but here in NJ we were at 172 cases today, which is I think a new low since things got really bad. if we can trend downwards towards double digits that will be a huge relief. my sister who works at robert wood johnson hospital told me that there's only 12 covid patients in their hospital currently, which is amazing considering how things started.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#69 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:43 am

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:In less than 24 hours, both Jokic, Malcolm Brogdon, and a few other unnamed players on the Suns and another west team have all tested positive for the virus.

And down in Florida:

add Buddy Hield and Jabari parker. and this is before we even get all these guys in 1 place.

its going to be a mockery when the pacers win the title after lebron, giannis, harden, butler all dont play cause of covid infections or some crap like that

just scrap the season

If the NBA was willing to take 16 teams up to the lesser impacted areas of the country or even abroad, I could see this working. But Orlando??

All it will take is one big name player getting sick to stop the entire show. No one will consider the champion this year legitimate if that happens.

The NBA is trying to handle this like my job is while they are trying to get people to warm up to the idea of returning to the office. they act like 1 infection is no big deal. No one is buying that.

One infection could and most likely will equal several other infections.

I feel like if this country had true leadership that put safety above everything else, business leadership would fall in line and not try to pull this crap.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#70 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Jul 6, 2020 5:10 pm

Read on Twitter

Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

***Official Nets 2019-2020 Season Thread Part 2*** (Season Resumes 7/31/20) 

Post#71 » by Paradise » Tue Jul 7, 2020 4:27 pm

So, what’s the roster looking like? We have two open spots to replace Spencer and Will.

Tyler Johnson / Cheeze
Caris / Temple
Harris / TLC / Musa
Prince / Rodi / Anderson
Allen / ??

Read on Twitter
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#72 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jul 7, 2020 4:40 pm

Paradise wrote:So, what’s the roster looking like? We have two open spots to replace Spencer and Will.

Tyler Johnson / Cheeze
Caris / Temple
Harris / TLC / Musa
Prince / Rodi / Anderson
Allen / ??

Read on Twitter

Looks like we'll be keeping our lottery pick.

TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,599

Post#73 » by TheNetsFan » Tue Jul 7, 2020 8:11 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Paradise wrote:So, what’s the roster looking like? We have two open spots to replace Spencer and Will.

Tyler Johnson / Cheeze
Caris / Temple
Harris / TLC / Musa
Prince / Rodi / Anderson
Allen / ??

Read on Twitter

Washington won't win enough games to make that happen.
Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#74 » by Claud » Tue Jul 7, 2020 8:55 pm

TheNetsFan wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Tyler Johnson / Cheeze
Caris / Temple
Harris / TLC / Musa
Prince / Rodi / Anderson
Allen / ??

Read on Twitter

Washington won't win enough games to make that happen.

No Beal either.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,878

Post#75 » by Hello Brooklyn » Tue Jul 7, 2020 9:04 pm

Man this is going to be a sorry team.

We will make the playoffs and get absolutely SMOKED by Giannis.
3pt_chucker
Head Coach
And1: 2,002

Post#76 » by 3pt_chucker » Tue Jul 7, 2020 11:05 pm

Probably not worth it to make the playoffs. The roster looks decimated and there will be very little chemistry throughout the squad.

Only positive might be more reps/experience for Caris, Rodi, Musa, Allen.

EDIT:

Of course Prince is out too. :lol: :(
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#77 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Jul 8, 2020 12:47 am

This is a disaster.

GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#78 » by GTR11 » Wed Jul 8, 2020 11:31 am

I don't want to send Caris or anyone else out there to begin with but do understand what nba trying to do. Imo it's premature, wait it out and get more data. It's all about next season.
Even if we lose out we still won't be able to miss PO. You can't even evaluate Caris or JV. I say send L.I Nets out there and hope for best.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#79 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:40 pm

Bol Bol is in the starting line up for Denver next to Jokic and he's looking pretty decent. Damn looks like we missed out, we could have had him for nothing.

Stone
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,463

Post#80 » by Stone » Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:04 pm

I only saw the highlights the Nuggets-Wizards game, but yeah Bol Bol put up some impressive numbers....6 blocks and double double. Plus he's just a kid learning the game. Small sample but I liked what I saw.

I thought we were going to choose Bol with our pick. I'm happy with Nic, I think Nic and Bol have a good shot at being all time top ten second round picks.
The man who sleeps on the floor can never fall out of bed........Martin Lawrence

Return to Brooklyn Nets