ImageImageImageImageImage

So Giannis 2021 is looking good right now

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,823

Re: So Giannis 2021 is looking good right now 

Post#41 » by LoveMyRaps » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:05 pm

Read on Twitter

Man whooped out the African accent. He's coming home! 8-)
The video foreshadows Jon Horst when Giannis leaves the Bucks ''don't leave me, don't leave me'' loool
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
tanuki1031
Starter
And1: 3,348

Post#42 » by tanuki1031 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:05 pm

Man, we're really going to see some mad science when Nurse and crew get to coach two or all three of Siakam/Giannis/Embiid in a proper setting.
PT416
Assistant Coach
And1: 6,243

Post#43 » by PT416 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:12 pm

bruh if we get giannis i will get so hard in my piannis
LoveMyRaps
RealGM

Post#44 » by LoveMyRaps » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:15 pm

The number of Nigerian immigrants to Canada has tripled in the last five years

For the fifth year in a row, more Nigerians emigrated to Canada than the year before as data published by the Canadian government shows the number of Nigerians issued permanent resident permits has tripled since 2015.

The rise in Nigerian immigrants heading to Canada reflects the North American country’s push to expand its labor force and lower the average age of its workers as its population advances in years. In 2019, Canada welcomed 341,000 immigrants in total (about 10,000 more it targeted) as part of its immigration policy to attract skilled workers.

For middle-class Nigerians increasingly looking to emigrate, Canada holds appeal for several reasons. Its ongoing drive to increase skill-based immigration offers a legal and long-term path not just to residency permits but also citizenship.

For Nigerians who can afford to relocate, the chance for their children to access better education standards —and the future opportunities that come with it—has also proven to be a major factor. Like most other immigrant groups, Nigerians moving to Canada mostly settle in Ontario.

Canada is projected to welcome nearly 700,000 immigrants over the next two years.

https://qz.com/africa/1801529/over-12000-nigerians-moved-to-canada-in-2019/

Meanwhile in America...

Nigeria had the biggest drop in visitors to the US last year as Trump’s visa policies took hold

The United States has recently banned Nigerians from receiving immigration visas as part of a new wave of restrictions from the Trump administration’s already long history of tough immigration clampdowns on Nigeria.

The travel measures taken against Nigeria by the United States last year are starting to have a clear and, potentially, long-term effect.

Data from the US travel and tourism office shows Nigeria recorded the largest global drop-off in visitors to the US. As of October 2019, 34,000 fewer Nigerians traveled to the US compared to the previous year—a 21% drop. After a sustained period of growth between 2011 and 2015, the number of Nigerian visitors to the US started to plateau in 2016 until the big drop-off last year.

https://qz.com/africa/1801529/over-12000-nigerians-moved-to-canada-in-2019/
howlin mad axer
Starter
And1: 1,479

Post#45 » by howlin mad axer » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:24 pm

-AirCanada- wrote:
howlin mad axer wrote:As some of you have pointed out Giannis isn't African he is Greek, even if Greece didn't want to acknowledge him for many years. I would also like to point out that Toronto is no more Africa than any American city, I do not understand why Raptors fans think these African players are going to want to come to Canada as if it is some kind of homecoming.

Nothing funnier to me then someone trying to tell someone else their nationality. Giannis has expressed his Africa pride many times in various instances.

Also "Toronto is no more Africa than any American city" get out more my man

In Canada about a tenth of the country is black, and in the United States about a tenth is black as well. Obviously they are of different origins, in that most USA blacks trace their ancestry back to slavery and in Canada blacks that didn't get here by the underground railroad ended up as more recent immigrants from Africa and the Caribbean. Culturally African-Canadians are more "African", while African-Americans have developed a very different culture, "soul" type culture.
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,733

Post#46 » by Basketball_Jones » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:30 pm

It really is difficult to say if he'll stay in Milwaukee. I guess if they win a chip, he stays. If they don't, it's maybe 50/50. Doesn't seem like someone that wants to leave unfinished business. But hey, so was Durant.
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
LoveMyRaps
RealGM

Post#47 » by LoveMyRaps » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:39 pm

For those that haven't' gotten a chance to watch the documentary, its highly recommended.

https://www.netflix.com/ca/title/80148225?trkid=13747225&s=i

Masai did a marvelous job. Probably brought Giannis to tears.
-AirCanada-
Pro Prospect
And1: 847

Post#48 » by -AirCanada- » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:54 pm

howlin mad axer wrote:
-AirCanada- wrote:
howlin mad axer wrote:As some of you have pointed out Giannis isn't African he is Greek, even if Greece didn't want to acknowledge him for many years. I would also like to point out that Toronto is no more Africa than any American city, I do not understand why Raptors fans think these African players are going to want to come to Canada as if it is some kind of homecoming.

Nothing funnier to me then someone trying to tell someone else their nationality. Giannis has expressed his Africa pride many times in various instances.

Also "Toronto is no more Africa than any American city" get out more my man

In Canada about a tenth of the country is black, and in the United States about a tenth is black as well. Obviously they are of different origins, in that most USA blacks trace their ancestry back to slavery and in Canada blacks that didn't get here by the underground railroad ended up as more recent immigrants from Africa and the Caribbean. Culturally African-Canadians are more "African", while African-Americans have developed a very different culture, "soul" type culture.

lmao
-AirCanada-
Pro Prospect

Post#49 » by -AirCanada- » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:55 pm

Basketball_Jones wrote:It really is difficult to say if he'll stay in Milwaukee. I guess if they win a chip, he stays. If they don't, it's maybe 50/50. Doesn't seem like someone that wants to leave unfinished business. But hey, so was Durant.

Why is it so guaranteed that if they win he stays?
-AirCanada-
Pro Prospect

Post#50 » by -AirCanada- » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:57 pm

Harcore Fenton Mun wrote:
tdotrep2 wrote:yea dog, i duno what this has to do with anything but giannis 2021 baybeeee

He identifies as African. Not Greek so much, despite the name.

he embraces both

but yeah saying he has no african connection is ignorant
tdotrep2
RealGM
And1: 25,353

Post#51 » by tdotrep2 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:01 pm

-AirCanada- wrote:
tdotrep2 wrote:yea dog, i duno what this has to do with anything but giannis 2021 baybeeee

he embraces both

im just curious as to why its relevant with him abandoning milwaukee and coming here next year.
...c.a.p...
Starter
And1: 503

Post#52 » by ...c.a.p... » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:10 pm

-AirCanada- wrote:

he embraces both

Exactly, I'm born and raised in Ontario. However, I identify more with my Indian heritage and roots than I do with hockey and maple syrup. I do think of myself as "Indo-Canadian", emphasis on the INDO being first.
DerrickRose16 wrote:
Wade is basically Ben Gordon without the 3-point shooting. Sure, he's been a pretty good defender this year, so that would upgrade, but I'd rather have Gordon because he's cheaper and can hit those threes
ontnut
RealGM
And1: 8,030

Post#53 » by ontnut » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:12 pm

Oakville_Raptor wrote:Wouldn't surprise me if Kawhi says F@ck LA and comes back if we're able to get Giannis.

That would 100% surprise me.
ontnut
RealGM
And1: 8,030

Post#54 » by ontnut » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:15 pm

Psubs wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:
Oakville_Raptor wrote:Wouldn't surprise me if Kawhi says F@ck LA and comes back if we're able to get Giannis.

Uh... it would surprise Me and probably almost everyone else that Leonard would say **** LA. Nah man, never. If he didn’t stay after all that The first time, why would he ever come back. Move on.

If had 2 shots playing with another "star" in PG and not winning it all, why not team up with old friends and Giannis?

Would the Clippers do a sign and trade of Powell, Matt Thomas and a 1st pick?

PG FVV - TD
SG Kawhi - TD - Watson?
SF OG - Kawhi
PF Siakam - OG
C Giannis - Ibaka

:o

Lol would YOU, if you were the Clippers? That's the most laughable trade proposal for all the reasons.
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,658

Post#55 » by Johnny Bball » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:16 pm

Fwiw... I don't think Giannis will come here. I presume most UFA's do not (I don't think opinions change that fast) and that he won't be any different. We will try. But I'm not going to be confused when it doesn't happen.
omar36
Analyst
And1: 4,708

Post#56 » by omar36 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:21 pm

imo, all it comes down is to winning. he is def one of those dudes thats focused on being in the goat convo. if bucks win a ring, theres no way he leaves

now if they blow it this year and next year, lose early or in either year lose to us, yea theres a real chance we atleast get a meeting. but as of rn, bucks are the best team, he could make 250/5, why would he give that up? bc of masai? lol
galeon110
Analyst
And1: 629

Post#57 » by galeon110 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:24 pm

omar36 wrote:imo, all it comes down is to winning. he is def one of those dudes thats focused on being in the goat convo. if bucks win a ring, theres no way he leaves

now if they blow it this year and next year, lose early or in either year lose to us, yea theres a real chance we atleast get a meeting. but as of rn, bucks are the best team, he could make 250/5, why would he give that up? bc of masai? lol

Strikes me as a sentimental guy. So yes, based on their history and what Masai's done for his family and their people, it will be because of Masai.
SurgeIblocka
Head Coach
And1: 5,254

Post#58 » by SurgeIblocka » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:33 pm

No way Kawhi leaves LA again to come to Canada.His wife and family will make that decision.

He is enjoying the LA life.
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,623

Post#59 » by Psubs » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:55 pm

ontnut wrote:
Psubs wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:

Uh... it would surprise Me and probably almost everyone else that Leonard would say **** LA. Nah man, never. If he didn’t stay after all that The first time, why would he ever come back. Move on.

If had 2 shots playing with another "star" in PG and not winning it all, why not team up with old friends and Giannis?

Would the Clippers do a sign and trade of Powell, Matt Thomas and a 1st pick?

PG FVV - TD
SG Kawhi - TD - Watson?
SF OG - Kawhi
PF Siakam - OG
C Giannis - Ibaka

:o

Lol would YOU, if you were the Clippers? That's the most laughable trade proposal for all the reasons.

lol would you sign and trade DeAngelo Russell for Kevin Durant?

I'm upset we didn't do anything with the Clippers for Kawhi. :cry:
Raptorfan2012
Head Coach
And1: 4,256

Post#60 » by Raptorfan2012 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:10 pm

-AirCanada- wrote:
Basketball_Jones wrote:It really is difficult to say if he'll stay in Milwaukee. I guess if they win a chip, he stays. If they don't, it's maybe 50/50. Doesn't seem like someone that wants to leave unfinished business. But hey, so was Durant.

Why is it so guaranteed that if they win he stays?

Yeah, I agree. One can argue if he wins in Mil, then maybe he feels he paid the city and their fans back by giving them their championship - similar to Kawhi's 'Enjoy the Moment'. I think its more what the Mil roster will look like heading into 2021-22, and also where Giannis really wants to go. Learning from the Top 5 players in the league like Lebron and Kawhi; they each have their own reasons why they chose to be in LA. I've been saying Masai cannot gut the team heading into 2021, because we still need to have a competitive roster that can appeal to Giannis.

Return to Toronto Raptors