ImageImageImageImageImage

NBA is Officially Back (Official Thread)

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

bballsparkin
RealGM
And1: 7,481

Re: NBA is Officially Back (Official Thread) 

Post#521 » by bballsparkin » Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:32 pm

Alfred wrote:

I made a Norman Powell highlight reel. Hopefully you guys enjoy.

Well done. You even put the McCaw pass in it. :D

What a crazy season for Norm.
bongmarley
Veteran
And1: 1,152

Post#522 » by bongmarley » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:09 pm

Are all 17 guys active to play in games or only 15
dgr81
General Manager
And1: 10,889

Post#523 » by dgr81 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:38 pm

Read on Twitter
Lord_Zedd
RealGM
And1: 19,786

Post#524 » by Lord_Zedd » Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:05 am

Read on Twitter

That's two with Sacramento
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,819

Post#525 » by LoveMyRaps » Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:37 am

Read on Twitter

Rondae getting dropped by Beasley.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 19,691

Post#526 » by Zeno » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:06 am

LoveMyRaps wrote:
Read on Twitter

Sadly the only thing I take from this video is I hope Beasley doesn’t have Covid, spraying his droplets all over the gym like that.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
Mikistan
RealGM
And1: 38,387

Post#527 » by Mikistan » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:42 pm

bballsparkin wrote:
Alfred wrote:

I made a Norman Powell highlight reel. Hopefully you guys enjoy.

Well done. You even put the McCaw pass in it. :D

What a crazy season for Norm.

I can't get over the hand finger pointing location on the thumbnail
dgr81
General Manager

Post#528 » by dgr81 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:48 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
dgr81
General Manager

Post#529 » by dgr81 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:55 pm

Read on Twitter
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,876

Post#530 » by OAKLEY_2 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:59 pm

dgr81 wrote:
Read on Twitter

I thought the world was moving towards defunding cops then abolishing them. This bubble thing is the weirdest sports scheme I have ever seen. Put most of the league in Epcot Centre or Seaworld then arm the perimeter to keep Uncle Dennis from Tampering.
dgr81
General Manager

Post#531 » by dgr81 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:02 pm

nba schedule show on espn
dgr81
General Manager

Post#532 » by dgr81 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:18 pm

Read on Twitter
Stromile12
Head Coach
And1: 13,238

Post#533 » by Stromile12 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:03 am

LoveMyRaps wrote:
Read on Twitter

That was hard to watch, Beasley really thinks he's MJ.
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 19,691

Post#534 » by Zeno » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:41 am

I'm wondering about all these minimum guys and especially two-guys on teams that make the 2nd round. Is Malcom Miller, Brissett or Watson really going to drop like 10 grand for a hotel room for friends and family to stay with them in the bubble. I guess it depends if a guy is married with children but, I wonder if a few of these friends and family rooms might be used on additional team personnel instead.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
The Duke
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,145

Post#535 » by The Duke » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:01 am

Zeno wrote:I'm wondering about all these minimum guys and especially two-guys on teams that make the 2nd round. Is Malcom Miller, Brissett or Watson really going to drop like 10 grand for a hotel room for friends and family to stay with them in the bubble. I guess it depends if a guy is married with children but, I wonder if a few of these friends and family rooms might be used on additional team personnel instead.

The might be a group discount and discount code available
hankscorpioLA
RealGM
And1: 10,007

Post#536 » by hankscorpioLA » Wed Jul 1, 2020 4:31 am

Not to put a damper on the excitement, but forget the bubble for a moment and consider what's happening outside it right now.

ntil now, the biggest risk to the NBA's plan appeared to be the potential for an outbreak inside the bubble. But with the numbers we are seeing in Florida over the past few days, that may drop to #2.

The number of Coronavirus cases in Orange County, Florida has more than tripled in the past two weeks, from 3,200 to a little over 10,000, with a positivity rate of over 15% during that time. Hospitalizations are also up, but it remains to be seen if they reach potential crisis levels.

All of which is to say that the odds of the NBA actually pulling this off have dropped substantially in the past week.
The absurd mystery of the strange forces of existence.
The Duke
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,145

Post#537 » by The Duke » Wed Jul 1, 2020 2:37 pm

hankscorpioLA wrote:Not to put a damper on the excitement, but forget the bubble for a moment and consider what's happening outside it right now.

ntil now, the biggest risk to the NBA's plan appeared to be the potential for an outbreak inside the bubble. But with the numbers we are seeing in Florida over the past few days, that may drop to #2.

The number of Coronavirus cases in Orange County, Florida has more than tripled in the past two weeks, from 3,200 to a little over 10,000, with a positivity rate of over 15% during that time. Hospitalizations are also up, but it remains to be seen if they reach potential crisis levels.

All of which is to say that the odds of the NBA actually pulling this off have dropped substantially in the past week.

I would disagree that the chance of a "bubble shutdown", has increased substancially due to increase positive in positive tests in the general public.

The bubble will be safer than any other grocery\store\building in Orange County
hankscorpioLA
RealGM

Post#538 » by hankscorpioLA » Wed Jul 1, 2020 6:52 pm

The Duke wrote:
hankscorpioLA wrote:Not to put a damper on the excitement, but forget the bubble for a moment and consider what's happening outside it right now.

I would disagree that the chance of a "bubble shutdown", has increased substancially due to increase positive in positive tests in the general public.

The bubble will be safer than any other grocery\store\building in Orange County

The level of safety inside the bubble is one factor. The availability of hospital and ICU beds outside of it is the other. When the situation was stable, there was no reason to worry about such things. But now the situation is anything but stable. Now there are a whole host of potential external factors in play.

And let's be honest...you can call it a bubble, but it's really more like a net in that it is reasonable to expect some people get out and some people get in.

Don't get me wrong. I am 100% rooting for the NBA to pull this off. But this whole thing has been a high wire act from the start. And the winds just started blowing.
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,331

Post#539 » by WuTang_OG » Thu Jul 2, 2020 1:44 pm

So this isn't really a bubble because they are allowing park employees to come in and out

Why couldn't they treat this as a 'ship cruise tour' and pay these employees an increase but tell them they have to stay in the bubble and cant leave.

The only thing that should be coming in and out are food deliveries. 1 truck, 2 guys - make them wear hazmat suits

Theoretically this should work especially if they are testing the players 3 times a week and sterilizing constantly.
hankscorpioLA
RealGM

Post#540 » by hankscorpioLA » Thu Jul 2, 2020 3:19 pm

WuTang_OG wrote:So this isn't really a bubble because they are allowing park employees to come in and out

Why couldn't they treat this as a 'ship cruise tour' and pay these employees an increase but tell them they have to stay in the bubble and cant leave.

The only thing that should be coming in and out are food deliveries. 1 truck, 2 guys - make them wear hazmat suits

Theoretically this should work especially if they are testing the players 3 times a week and sterilizing constantly.

I'm not convinced, only because nothing like this has ever been attempted before. I'm not sure people appreciate the unprecedented nature of what the NBA is trying to do.

To me, the biggest issue is not the physical security and protection measures. It's the psychological aspect that concerns me. I have no doubt that the vast majority of NBA players will have no issues getting through this. But I similarly have no doubt that, for a small minority, that will not be the case.

We have roughly 300 players coming to Orlando. Of those 300, how many do you think have substance abuse issues? How many have anger management issues? How many are entitled millionaires who think the rules don't apply to them? 10? 20? More? I have no idea. But they will be there. And they will be powderkegs waiting to go off. Now ask how many other people inside the bubble may have similar issues? And that's just one set of potential obstacles.

That is why this all has the feel of something we will look back on and say, "it looked good on paper and it seemed like everything was going fine until X happened. How did we not see that coming?"

Return to Toronto Raptors