Woj: Some Players getting cold feet about playing in Orlando

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Re: Woj: Some Players getting cold feet about playing in Orlando 

Post#841 » by Ballerhogger » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:03 pm

at this point with even more players getting covid it might time not have the season.
Swish1906
Head Coach
And1: 10,560

Post#842 » by Swish1906 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:45 pm

Good decision

Read on Twitter
?s=19
HeatIn5
General Manager
And1: 18,357

Post#843 » by HeatIn5 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:59 pm

Ballerhogger wrote:at this point with even more players getting covid it might time not have the season.

Until Bron or Giannis sit out they'll play
Read on Twitter
Harry Garris
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,374

Post#844 » by Harry Garris » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:14 pm

C3H6N6O6 wrote:That is fine but those NBA players should be ready to lose a significant portion of their salary for doing it.

If NBA players are really serious then all of them should sit out because a lot of them have families. I just know that those same NBA players will not be happy losing money when NBA will lose money too.

You have to choose. It is not like NBA players are poor. Cancel the season and play the next one from December.

The problem I have with the idea that cancelling and delaying and putting off everything until later as a solution to the COVID problem is that it's not going to magically disappear in december. Covid is still going to exist, there isnt going to be a vaccine anytime in the near future, and the same players who have families now will still have them in December. The only thing that changes between now and Decemeber is that right now the NBA has an environment to play basketball in that's as safe and controlled as it's going to get. Delaying the NBA season is only a good idea if there is a legitimate reason to delay it, and right now there isnt one.
zshawn10
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,339

Post#845 » by zshawn10 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:19 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
levon
RealGM
And1: 23,128

Post#846 » by levon » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:38 pm

JustiseForMiami wrote:
Ballerhogger wrote:at this point with even more players getting covid it might time not have the season.

Bron vs Giannis 1:1 for all the marbles
TheGOATWill
Analyst
And1: 3,808

Post#847 » by TheGOATWill » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:42 pm

levon wrote:
JustiseForMiami wrote:

Bron 11-9 alternating possessions, 11-5 make it take it.
HeatIn5
General Manager
And1: 18,357

Post#848 » by HeatIn5 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:56 pm

TheGOATWill wrote:
levon wrote:
JustiseForMiami wrote:

Bron 11-9 alternating possessions, 11-5 make it take it.

Bron -2.5 would be the vegas open likely

Read on Twitter
sfernald
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,244

Post#849 » by sfernald » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:51 pm

orlando_joe wrote:
rockmanslim wrote:They should consider moving it to New York.

They had it bad, but look at how they've done since:

Read on Twitter

Whatever they did worked.

right they allready burned thru 31,000 dead.is that what worked?....its run its course might be the reason? ... the states being hit with big city it have not yet..its just now getting hit.....florida has 3100 dead....pretty simple..lets see when it goes thru all the states

I did a calculation that at roughly 500K dead in the US, we will start hitting the peak as we did in NY and then start heading downward. Gonna be ugly till then.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,663

Post#850 » by basketballRob » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:58 pm

sfernald wrote:
orlando_joe wrote:
rockmanslim wrote:They should consider moving it to New York.

They had it bad, but look at how they've done since:

Read on Twitter

Whatever they did worked.

right they allready burned thru 31,000 dead.is that what worked?....its run its course might be the reason? ... the states being hit with big city it have not yet..its just now getting hit.....florida has 3100 dead....pretty simple..lets see when it goes thru all the states

I did a calculation that at roughly 500K dead in the US, we will start hitting the peak as we did in NY and then start heading downward. Gonna be ugly till then.
I've heard an epidemiologist say the second wave could be five times worse than the first. We could have over 10k deaths per day. We'll probably end up with 600k to 1 million deaths.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach
And1: 3,579

Post#851 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:10 pm

basketballRob wrote:
sfernald wrote:
orlando_joe wrote:right they allready burned thru 31,000 dead.is that what worked?....its run its course might be the reason? ... the states being hit with big city it have not yet..its just now getting hit.....florida has 3100 dead....pretty simple..lets see when it goes thru all the states

I've heard an epidemiologist say the second wave could be five times worse than the first. We could have over 10k deaths per day. We'll probably end up with 600k to 1 million deaths.

Luckily there are enough competent governors who, despite this administration’s negligence, would shut down their states before we get to that worst case scenario.
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#852 » by basketballRob » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:17 pm

TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
basketballRob wrote:
sfernald wrote:

Luckily there are enough competent governors who, despite this administration’s negligence, would shut down their states before we get to that worst case scenario.
It's eventually going to spread to 60-70% of the population. You can slow it down.

Read on Twitter
?s=19

TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach

Post#853 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:21 pm

basketballRob wrote:
TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
basketballRob wrote:I've heard an epidemiologist say the second wave could be five times worse than the first. We could have over 10k deaths per day. We'll probably end up with 600k to 1 million deaths.

It's eventually going to spread to 60-70% of the population. You can slow it down.

Read on Twitter
?s=19

That’s in the absence of a vaccine sometime in 2021. Things are looking very promising on that front.
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#854 » by basketballRob » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:25 pm

TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
basketballRob wrote:
TheBrooklynKidd wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=19

That’s in the absence of a vaccine sometime in 2021. Things are looking very promising on that front.
If they have a huge fall wave, it could wash right through the country.

nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,632

Post#855 » by nzahir » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:25 pm

Say Florida gets much scarier in terms of the virus next math, what other places could even host the playoffs?

Vegas?
CA? (also ramping up in cases)
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach

Post#856 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:42 pm

basketballRob wrote:
TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
basketballRob wrote:It's eventually going to spread to 60-70% of the population. You can slow it down.

Read on Twitter
?s=19

The fall wave isn’t something that happens by chance. It happens because of the incompetence of the government/individuals.

We see the liberal states taking serious measures to prevent further outbreaks and the conservative states will follow suit after they see their hospitals overwhelmed this summer.
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#857 » by basketballRob » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:13 pm

TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
basketballRob wrote:
TheBrooklynKidd wrote:

The fall wave isn’t something that happens by chance. It happens because of the incompetence of the government/individuals.

We see the liberal states taking serious measures to prevent further outbreaks and the conservative states will follow suit after they see their hospitals overwhelmed this summer.
It's going to eventually infect 60-70% it doesn't matter what their political affiliation is.

Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,241

Post#858 » by Catchall » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:19 pm

basketballRob wrote:
TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
basketballRob wrote:I've heard an epidemiologist say the second wave could be five times worse than the first. We could have over 10k deaths per day. We'll probably end up with 600k to 1 million deaths.

Read on Twitter
?s=19

If only President Trump hadn't gone to Wuhan to conduct experiments with bat coronaviruses...
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
Bakomagic
Bench Warmer
And1: 890

Post#859 » by Bakomagic » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:30 pm

Clyde Frazier wrote:
Read on Twitter

Welp.

Wouldn't it be better for the NBA bubble if Disney World was not open to the public ?

Maybe they should use staff to work the bubble one week on (without leaving) and two weeks off and then rotate them. then they can better mitigate the spread of Covid in the bubble.
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#860 » by basketballRob » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:36 pm

Bakomagic wrote:
Clyde Frazier wrote:
Read on Twitter

Welp.

Wouldn't it be better for the NBA bubble if Disney World was not open to the public ?

Maybe they should use staff to work the bubble one week on (without leaving) and two weeks off and then rotate them. then they can better mitigate the spread of Covid in the bubble.
The resorts are closed to everyone except the NBA so they'll have plenty of rooms for the workers. I don't see a problem, a big percentage of them are interns from Asia and Europe that stay in Disney owned resort just off the main property. They bus them over every day.

Return to The General Board