ImageImageImageImageImage

So Giannis 2021 is looking good right now

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

ontnut
RealGM
And1: 8,037

Re: So Giannis 2021 is looking good right now 

Post#61 » by ontnut » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:12 pm

Psubs wrote:
ontnut wrote:
Psubs wrote:
If had 2 shots playing with another "star" in PG and not winning it all, why not team up with old friends and Giannis?

Would the Clippers do a sign and trade of Powell, Matt Thomas and a 1st pick?

PG FVV - TD
SG Kawhi - TD - Watson?
SF OG - Kawhi
PF Siakam - OG
C Giannis - Ibaka

:o

Lol would YOU, if you were the Clippers? That's the most laughable trade proposal for all the reasons.

lol would you sign and trade DeAngelo Russell for Kevin Durant?

I'm upset we didn't do anything with the Clippers for Kawhi. :cry:

Situations are different.
KD was leaving anyway, wanted to be in BK, and D'Angelo was averaging 21/4/7 in an all star year at age 22. Kawhi wants to be in LA. Kinda apples and oranges here.

Clippers didn't have anything left to trade after they made the move for PG...

What situation would you think of that the Clippers would want Powell, an end of bench player and a late 1st for a top 3 player in the league? Nevermind that the money doesn't work.
Raptorfan2012
Head Coach
And1: 4,259

Post#62 » by Raptorfan2012 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:15 pm

omar36 wrote:imo, all it comes down is to winning. he is def one of those dudes thats focused on being in the goat convo. if bucks win a ring, theres no way he leaves

now if they blow it this year and next year, lose early or in either year lose to us, yea theres a real chance we atleast get a meeting. but as of rn, bucks are the best team, he could make 250/5, why would he give that up? bc of masai? lol

Why wouldn't he leave the Bucks if they get a ring with them? Lebron has won rings with two teams and now looking for a ring with his third team. Same with Kawhi. Durant won two rings with GSW and got bored and bolted. Giannis can win a ring, leave the Bucks, and still be in GOAT conversation.

The supermax and what the Bucks roster will look come the 2021 offseason are bigger factors IMO, but also whether Giannis even wants to stay in Mil anymore. Like Kawhi and Durant, sometimes players just want to move to different environments.
Ado05
RealGM
And1: 5,931

Post#63 » by Ado05 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:25 pm

Because he's watching Giants of Africa? Lol
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,633

Post#64 » by Psubs » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:26 pm

Raptorfan2012 wrote:
omar36 wrote:imo, all it comes down is to winning. he is def one of those dudes thats focused on being in the goat convo. if bucks win a ring, theres no way he leaves

now if they blow it this year and next year, lose early or in either year lose to us, yea theres a real chance we atleast get a meeting. but as of rn, bucks are the best team, he could make 250/5, why would he give that up? bc of masai? lol

Why wouldn't he leave the Bucks if they get a ring with them? Lebron has won rings with two teams and now looking for a ring with his third team. Same with Kawhi. Durant won two rings with GSW and got bored and bolted. Giannis can win a ring, leave the Bucks, and still be in GOAT conversation.

The supermax and what the Bucks roster will look come the 2021 offseason are bigger factors IMO, but also whether Giannis even wants to stay in Mil anymore. Like Kawhi and Durant, sometimes players just want to move to different environments.

Middleton will be 29, Bledsoe 31 and George Hill 35 next summer and their bench players are nothing exciting. They better hit on the #18 pick this summer. Losing Brogdon was a huge mistake for the future (instead they re-structured Hill's contract and added old Wesley Matthews). Brogdon is still younger than the other starters and put up like 50/40/90. In Indiana the workload increased without Oladipo and he wasn't as good but he should've been the 3rd most important player on the Bucks and retained.
Psubs
RealGM

Post#65 » by Psubs » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:29 pm

ontnut wrote:
Psubs wrote:
ontnut wrote:Lol would YOU, if you were the Clippers? That's the most laughable trade proposal for all the reasons.

KD was leaving anyway, wanted to be in BK, and D'Angelo was averaging 21/4/7 in an all star year at age 22. Kawhi wants to be in LA. Kinda apples and oranges here.

What situation would you think of that the Clippers would want Powell, an end of bench player and a late 1st for a top 3 player in the league? Nevermind that the money doesn't work.

If Kawhi opts out and is a UFA, it would be the same situation as KD. I think getting Powell, Thomas and a late 1st pick is better than losing Kawhi for nothing. They would also get a trade exception for the difference in salaries.
SFour
RealGM
And1: 58,498

Post#66 » by SFour » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:47 pm

Psubs wrote:
ontnut wrote:
Psubs wrote:

If Kawhi opts out and is a UFA, it would be the same situation as KD. I think getting Powell, Thomas and a late 1st pick is better than losing Kawhi for nothing. They would also get a trade exception for the difference in salaries.

Clippers knew they were getting Kawhi as long as they found a way to secure the PG trade with the Thunder...they had zero reason to give the Raptors any sort of assets in a S&T for Kawhi, especially because the Thunder were about to clean them out.
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,731

Post#67 » by Johnny Bball » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:18 pm

Psubs wrote:
ontnut wrote:
Psubs wrote:
If had 2 shots playing with another "star" in PG and not winning it all, why not team up with old friends and Giannis?

Would the Clippers do a sign and trade of Powell, Matt Thomas and a 1st pick?

PG FVV - TD
SG Kawhi - TD - Watson?
SF OG - Kawhi
PF Siakam - OG
C Giannis - Ibaka

:o

Lol would YOU, if you were the Clippers? That's the most laughable trade proposal for all the reasons.

Raptors would have told them where to go. They needed cap space to make sure. They had to trade for PG though so that tells you what you need to know.
LJKO
RealGM
And1: 16,356

Post#68 » by LJKO » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:24 pm

Well Masai did promise us he will make us the liverpool of Basketball ^_^
jimmy keys
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,889

Post#69 » by jimmy keys » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:57 pm

Raptorfan2012 wrote:
-AirCanada- wrote:
Basketball_Jones wrote:It really is difficult to say if he'll stay in Milwaukee. I guess if they win a chip, he stays. If they don't, it's maybe 50/50. Doesn't seem like someone that wants to leave unfinished business. But hey, so was Durant.

Why is it so guaranteed that if they win he stays?

Yeah, I agree. One can argue if he wins in Mil, then maybe he feels he paid the city and their fans back by giving them their championship - similar to Kawhi's 'Enjoy the Moment'. I think its more what the Mil roster will look like heading into 2021-22, and also where Giannis really wants to go. Learning from the Top 5 players in the league like Lebron and Kawhi; they each have their own reasons why they chose to be in LA. I've been saying Masai cannot gut the team heading into 2021, because we still need to have a competitive roster that can appeal to Giannis.

Easier to walk away after winning because no one can criticize your decision. Plus that core is getting pretty old. All their main guys are 30+ by then except DDV.
sule
RealGM
And1: 34,205

Post#70 » by sule » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:15 pm

SurgeIblocka wrote:
Oakville_Raptor wrote:Wouldn't surprise me if Kawhi says F@ck LA and comes back if we're able to get Giannis.

No way Kawhi leaves LA again to come to Canada.His wife and family will make that decision.

He is enjoying the LA life.

I don't get why he wanted to go back to LA in the first place. The city's nice if you have money. But it's the same place his father was murdered in a cold-blooded fashion, same place his pregnant mother was later targeted (likely by the same people), and the police have yet to do anything about it.

I'd hate a place where the system doesn't support me and the people who destroyed my family are still running around free, maybe even showing up to games knowing they destroyed my family.

https://abc7.com/kawhi-leonard-kawhis-dad-murdered-clippers-players/5637192/

I'm sure he has his reasons, nor am I making a specific argument that he should've had to stay here. But I can see just about any other city being a better to live in than LA based on that past history alone. Especially when you have the money and celebrity he has. He'd live as comfortably anywhere in North America.
itbobby007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,827

Post#71 » by itbobby007 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:24 pm

OakleyDokely wrote:If he makes it to free agency, we will need Bobby to report the news.

I'll be ready
TheRealDeal
RealGM
And1: 11,819

Post#72 » by TheRealDeal » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:31 pm

itbobby007 wrote:
OakleyDokely wrote:If he makes it to free agency, we will need Bobby to report the news.

I'll be ready

Harcore Fenton Mun
RealGM
And1: 7,725

Post#73 » by Harcore Fenton Mun » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:41 pm

Not that I think Kawhi leaves, but this can't be emphasized enough. Paul George is 6-42 with 4 seconds or less.

Look what they gave up for him...he's the "anti-clutch".
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,857

Post#74 » by LoveMyRaps » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:49 pm

This will be Kevin Rashidi stealing everything Bobby reports on this board and tweeting it while taking all the credit.

In Masai We Trust :meditate:
FluLikeSymptoms
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,578

Post#75 » by FluLikeSymptoms » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:57 pm

Sources tell us no, YOU are the one who is guessing.
Roco14
Sixth Man
And1: 3,551

Post#76 » by Roco14 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:04 pm

sule wrote:
SurgeIblocka wrote:
Oakville_Raptor wrote:Wouldn't surprise me if Kawhi says F@ck LA and comes back if we're able to get Giannis.

No way Kawhi leaves LA again to come to Canada.His wife and family will make that decision.

I don't get why he wanted to go back to LA in the first place. The city's nice if you have money. But it's the same place his father was murdered in a cold-blooded fashion, same place his pregnant mother was later targeted (likely by the same people), and the police have yet to do anything about it.

I'd hate a place where the system doesn't support me and the people who destroyed my family are still running around free, maybe even showing up to games knowing they destroyed my family.

I'm sure he has his reasons, nor am I making a specific argument that he should've had to stay here. But I can see just about any other city being a better to live in than LA based on that past history alone. Especially when you have the money and celebrity he has. He'd live as comfortably anywhere in North America.

When you are a major sports figure like Kawhi, it's not about comfort, logistics, or safety. You have those things wherever you choose to go. The deciding factor for him was likely being around his loved ones, which at the end of the day is arguably the most important thing in one's life, especially when money is not a concern.
JustWin wrote:Masai when asked about the teams problems and if he plans on making a move:

"Uhhh, dis a tuff one guiys.. hehe"
Psubs
RealGM

Post#77 » by Psubs » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:37 pm

Harcore Fenton Mun wrote:Not that I think Kawhi leaves, but this can't be emphasized enough. Paul George is 6-42 with 4 seconds or less.

Look what they gave up for him...he's the "anti-clutch".

Pacer fans knew this, thus they were okay with Oladipo and Sabonis for him. PG was their Derozan.
jimmy keys
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,889

Post#78 » by jimmy keys » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:57 pm

sule wrote:
SurgeIblocka wrote:

What's the best city in the world? Where you're from for 99.99% of people. People love what they know. Simple as that. LA is the #1 free agent destination either way.
lobosloboslobos
RealGM
And1: 17,824

Post#79 » by lobosloboslobos » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:30 am

tdotrep2 wrote:
-AirCanada- wrote:
Harcore Fenton Mun wrote:He identifies as African. Not Greek so much, despite the name.

he embraces both

but yeah saying he has no african connection is ignorant

im just curious as to why its relevant with him abandoning milwaukee and coming here next year.

Hmm. Maybe you haven't been paying attention.

The Raptors team president is Masai Ujiri, a Nigerian. He is also the #1 NBA executive. He is also the only African running an NBA team and an African basketball hero.

Masai has signed more Africans to the Raptors than any other NBA team. We currently have 3 of our top 7 rotation players who are African: Pascal Siakim (Cameroon), Serge Ibaka (Congo) and OG Anunoby (Nigerian).

Also there are over 100,000 Africans in Toronto.

It was Masai and Giannis' African connection that led to Masai helping Giannis and his family immigrate to Greece so Giannis could pursue his basketball career as a teen.

see a thread...?

also Milwaukee is racist af
rapsdontlie
Pro Prospect
And1: 985

Post#80 » by rapsdontlie » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:41 am

Adrian_05 wrote:Because he's watching Giants of Africa? Lol

Ikr... Rap fans even hijacked his tweeter post; based on that one tiny comment.

Even if we do have a chance of getting Giannis, I'm sure all of this annoying behaviour will just scare him away. :banghead:

(I'm sure it also played a part in Kawhi not resigning too)

Return to Toronto Raptors