ImageImageImageImageImage

Leon Rose first player move as President

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Fury
RealGM
And1: 14,850

Re: Leon Rose first player move as President 

Post#41 » by Fury » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:28 am

bballoctober wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
Fury wrote:Marlo?

the wire might be my favorite show of all time.

I was watching that show and
Spoiler:
I couldn't understand why Marlo killed that girl (I think her name was Devaughn)

SPILLLERS!
knickstape21
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,738

Post#42 » by knickstape21 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:36 am

Just love the mentality behind the signing even if he never pans out.

Lightning quick (we need speed), can shoot the 3 ball (lord knows we need shooters and spacing), plays with tremendous heart, and the Auburn fan base loves the kid. Will have a ton of people rooting for him!
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,352

Post#43 » by F N 11 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:38 am

Making Mitch and Wooten look like they ain’t even there lol.

CEO of the not trading RJ club.
Polk377
General Manager
And1: 5,363

Post#44 » by Polk377 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:43 am

This is the same guy who smoked us in the summer league down the stretch against Phoenix. Kid dominated the G-league and likely would have gotten a call up if Phoenix didn't have a team full of guards. I'm all for stealing away potential diamonds in the rough.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 81,776

Post#45 » by thebuzzardman » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:46 am

F N 11 wrote:I believe in Walt Perrin. He can shoot and attack. It’s about time we start getting all around players.

Is this more Perrin's area or Zanin?

I think you are right with Perrin, as he'd have more data based on college career.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 81,776

Post#46 » by thebuzzardman » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:51 am

Kind of a Nate Robinson X Avery Johnson vibe
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 13,610

Post#47 » by KnicksGadfly » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:05 am

King of Canada wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

Yeah, season 1 is the single best season of tv ever made.

I dunno, season 4 was my favorite. Crushed my soul.
Zenzibar
General Manager
And1: 8,235

Post#48 » by Zenzibar » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:11 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Ray Williams wrote:

He's a fcking midget

Wack post my Dude.
Zenzibar
General Manager
And1: 8,235

Post#49 » by Zenzibar » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:37 am

thebuzzardman wrote:
F N 11 wrote:I believe in Walt Perrin. He can shoot and attack. It’s about time we start getting all around players.

I think you are right with Perrin, as he'd have more data based on college career.

Some guys here don't know where they stashed their remote controls have the time and talking like they're in the know.

Walt Perrin and Frank Zanin are the illest pairing in the NBA, the top executive scouts from Utah AND OKC.

This is what Kobe had to say about Frank Zanin:

Read on Twitter

Leon Rose has absolutely gotten executives from the best basketball MINDS pool in the game.

These Knicks' execs have their pulse and eyes EVERYWHERE and therefore have NO DOUBTS that Jared Harper is a baller.

The following is a beat writer for the Atlanta Hawks. He actually went Nostrodamus.

2019 NBA draft scouting report: Jared Harper
By Zach Hood

https://www.peachtreehoops.com/2019/5/14/18566088/jared-harper-atlanta-hawks-nba-draft-scouting-report-profile-auburn

Before the 2019 NBA Draft arrives, Peachtree Hoops will break down more than 70 available prospects with an eye toward what the Atlanta Hawks may look to do in late June.

This installment centers on Auburn guard Jared Harper.

Jared Harper was an enormous part of Auburn’s miraculous run to the Final Four in 2019, fueling the Tigers in some of the biggest moments of the NCAA Tournament. He scored 26 points to silence the Kentucky Wildcats in the Elite 8, and averaged over 16 points per game for the tournament as a whole. Harper, while undersized (he’s listed at 5’11), made a living off of isolation, ranking in the top third of his draft class in points per possession in isolation situations. He ranked even higher in efficiency off passes in isolation possessions, hinting that he is a willing sharer of the basketball when the opportunity for himself to score is not present.

He was also one of the better pick-and-roll ball handlers in the class, ranking towards the top of the class in points per possession in pick-and-roll situations, both in his own scoring and finding his teammates. Given Harper’s lack of height, he was heavily reliant on shotmaking, and was effective shooting the ball in his final season for the Tigers. The junior ranked towards the top of the class in points per possessions on jumpers, averaging over a point per shot attempt. This number becomes more impressive when you realize 205 of his reported 229 jump shots were from three-point range. Factor in that Harper was elite in pull-up situations as a junior at Auburn, and you’re looking at a potential sixth man weapon at the next level, though his lack of height makes things tricky.

The easiest comparison for Harper that instantly comes to mind when you watch him play is Terry Rozier of the Boston Celtics. However, Rozier stands at 6’1 with a 6’8 wingspan, making him considerably longer than the former Auburn Tiger. Even without a reliable wingspan measurement on record for Harper, it’s tough to imagine he can impact the game on the defensive end in a positive way at his height. Harper gets his points from beyond the arc, and seemingly would rather pull-up in his own rhythm than shoot off of a pass from a teammate, two Rozier-type qualities. Harper will likely have to be more prolific than Rozier (career 35.4%) from deep to provide enough value to make up for the defensive liability he will almost certainly be from day one at 5’11, but that may not be such a stretch given the improvement he made over his collegiate career. It’s also worth noting that Harper’s assist percentage for his junior season was nearly double the mark Rozier has posted throughout his career with the Celtics.

Harper profiles as a potential back-up point/sixth man type of player, probably breaks into the NBA on a two-way contract, potentially as the third point guard for a rebuilding club that lacks veteran depth at the position. The fit in Atlanta is tough given the fact that Trae Young also lacks size, but that didn’t stop Travis Schlenk from bringing in Jaylen Adams after the 2018 NBA Draft. Harper profiles as a much more explosive prospect than Adams, and he has another gear he can get to athletically as well. If Schlenk liked Adams, he should like Harper more.

Due to his freakish athleticism, it feels like Harper is definitely going to be an NBA player of some sort at this stage, while it’s completely up in the air at this point as to where he’s one of the sixty selections at the 2019 NBA Draft or not. ESPN currently has Harper right on the bubble, ranking him as the 61st-best prospect overall, 8th at the point guard position. The two things about Harper to really keep in mind when it comes to whether Atlanta would pick him up or not are his lack of size and his shooting ability. His lack of size, as mentioned earlier, makes him nearly impossible to deploy next to Young in the backcourt. While that may not really matter in the second round/two-way category, it’s something worth being aware of. His shooting, however, is probably what draws a general manager like Travis Schlenk to him the most.

Schlenk has shown that he highly values shooting on draft night, with three of his four first-round picks in his first two drafts being players that were regarded as borderline elite shooters at their position. Ironically, John Collins’ shooting was probably the reason he slipped to 19 in the 2017 NBA Draft, and now he’s one of the more consistent frontcourt three-point shooting options around the league, especially if you compare him to other big men with his age and experience.

Frankly, the concerns of Harper’s fit next to Young are somewhat irrelevant with the lack of guarantee associated with the area in the draft Harper would be picked. If he goes undrafted, Atlanta should absolutely have his name circled on their list of two-way candidates, as he will be one of the better players not drafted in that scenario. Wherever Harper lands, expect him to put up numbers in any G League time he sees, and expect him to be aggressive no matter what level he is playing at.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,352

Post#50 » by F N 11 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:42 am

Agreed he is like that Rozier Devonte type. Can shoot off the dribble. Shifty and athletic.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#51 » by br7knicks » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:49 am

:cry:
HarthorneWingo wrote:Ha, he's my height. Great job, Leon. Kadeem was 6'5" and could PLAY DEFENSE AND PENETRATE. He would be the perfect 3rd string guard. :noway:

We already have Lamar Peters. Has Leon even seen him play yet?

Yeah, I get the move. But Allen was one of the few players I liked because he played defense, and played correctly that is conducive to winning basketball.

Did get a little trigger happy towards the end, tho. Still, I get the move, but I like kadeem
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,168

Post#52 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:49 am

br7knicks wrote::cry:
HarthorneWingo wrote:Ha, he's my height. Great job, Leon. Kadeem was 6'5" and could PLAY DEFENSE AND PENETRATE. He would be the perfect 3rd string guard. :noway:

Yeah, I get the move. But Allen was one of the few players I liked because he played defense, and played correctly that is conducive to winning basketball.

Did get a little trigger happy towards the end, tho. Still, I get the move, but I like kadeem

What do you know about the midget?

He's going to get killed on the 1/5 PnR. It'll be all day long.
POSTING POLICIES:
1. Posts are dictated but not proofread most of the time. It depends.
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
br7knicks

Post#53 » by br7knicks » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:50 am

Zenzibar wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

Some guys here don't know where they stashed their remote controls have the time and talking like they're in the know.

Walt Perrin and Frank Zanin are the illest pairing in the NBA, the top executive scouts from Utah AND OKC.

This is what Kobe had to say about Frank Zanin:

Read on Twitter

Leon Rose has absolutely gotten executives from the best basketball MINDS pool in the game.

These Knicks' execs have their pulse and eyes EVERYWHERE and therefore have NO DOUBTS that Jared Harper is a baller.

The following is a beat writer for the Atlanta Hawks. He actually went Nostrodamus.

2019 NBA draft scouting report: Jared Harper
By Zach Hood

https://www.peachtreehoops.com/2019/5/14/18566088/jared-harper-atlanta-hawks-nba-draft-scouting-report-profile-auburn

Before the 2019 NBA Draft arrives, Peachtree Hoops will break down more than 70 available prospects with an eye toward what the Atlanta Hawks may look to do in late June.

This installment centers on Auburn guard Jared Harper.

Jared Harper was an enormous part of Auburn’s miraculous run to the Final Four in 2019, fueling the Tigers in some of the biggest moments of the NCAA Tournament. He scored 26 points to silence the Kentucky Wildcats in the Elite 8, and averaged over 16 points per game for the tournament as a whole. Harper, while undersized (he’s listed at 5’11), made a living off of isolation, ranking in the top third of his draft class in points per possession in isolation situations. He ranked even higher in efficiency off passes in isolation possessions, hinting that he is a willing sharer of the basketball when the opportunity for himself to score is not present.

He was also one of the better pick-and-roll ball handlers in the class, ranking towards the top of the class in points per possession in pick-and-roll situations, both in his own scoring and finding his teammates. Given Harper’s lack of height, he was heavily reliant on shotmaking, and was effective shooting the ball in his final season for the Tigers. The junior ranked towards the top of the class in points per possessions on jumpers, averaging over a point per shot attempt. This number becomes more impressive when you realize 205 of his reported 229 jump shots were from three-point range. Factor in that Harper was elite in pull-up situations as a junior at Auburn, and you’re looking at a potential sixth man weapon at the next level, though his lack of height makes things tricky.

The easiest comparison for Harper that instantly comes to mind when you watch him play is Terry Rozier of the Boston Celtics. However, Rozier stands at 6’1 with a 6’8 wingspan, making him considerably longer than the former Auburn Tiger. Even without a reliable wingspan measurement on record for Harper, it’s tough to imagine he can impact the game on the defensive end in a positive way at his height. Harper gets his points from beyond the arc, and seemingly would rather pull-up in his own rhythm than shoot off of a pass from a teammate, two Rozier-type qualities. Harper will likely have to be more prolific than Rozier (career 35.4%) from deep to provide enough value to make up for the defensive liability he will almost certainly be from day one at 5’11, but that may not be such a stretch given the improvement he made over his collegiate career. It’s also worth noting that Harper’s assist percentage for his junior season was nearly double the mark Rozier has posted throughout his career with the Celtics.

Harper profiles as a potential back-up point/sixth man type of player, probably breaks into the NBA on a two-way contract, potentially as the third point guard for a rebuilding club that lacks veteran depth at the position. The fit in Atlanta is tough given the fact that Trae Young also lacks size, but that didn’t stop Travis Schlenk from bringing in Jaylen Adams after the 2018 NBA Draft. Harper profiles as a much more explosive prospect than Adams, and he has another gear he can get to athletically as well. If Schlenk liked Adams, he should like Harper more.

Due to his freakish athleticism, it feels like Harper is definitely going to be an NBA player of some sort at this stage, while it’s completely up in the air at this point as to where he’s one of the sixty selections at the 2019 NBA Draft or not. ESPN currently has Harper right on the bubble, ranking him as the 61st-best prospect overall, 8th at the point guard position. The two things about Harper to really keep in mind when it comes to whether Atlanta would pick him up or not are his lack of size and his shooting ability. His lack of size, as mentioned earlier, makes him nearly impossible to deploy next to Young in the backcourt. While that may not really matter in the second round/two-way category, it’s something worth being aware of. His shooting, however, is probably what draws a general manager like Travis Schlenk to him the most.

Schlenk has shown that he highly values shooting on draft night, with three of his four first-round picks in his first two drafts being players that were regarded as borderline elite shooters at their position. Ironically, John Collins’ shooting was probably the reason he slipped to 19 in the 2017 NBA Draft, and now he’s one of the more consistent frontcourt three-point shooting options around the league, especially if you compare him to other big men with his age and experience.

Frankly, the concerns of Harper’s fit next to Young are somewhat irrelevant with the lack of guarantee associated with the area in the draft Harper would be picked. If he goes undrafted, Atlanta should absolutely have his name circled on their list of two-way candidates, as he will be one of the better players not drafted in that scenario. Wherever Harper lands, expect him to put up numbers in any G League time he sees, and expect him to be aggressive no matter what level he is playing at.

That's a lot of analysis. Did you get this from his mother? Damn

Actually. This guy is from the suns, right? Doesn't KT do scouting work for them? He might know a bunch about him
RIP, magnumt '19

HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#54 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:52 am

F N 11 wrote:Making Mitch and Wooten look like they ain’t even there lol.

Summer league? :roll:
POSTING POLICIES:
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
br7knicks

Post#55 » by br7knicks » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:52 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:

Like, Nate Robinson small? I see 5'11, but Nate Robinson wasn't 5'9
RIP, magnumt '19

HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#56 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:53 am

br7knicks wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

But at least Nate was a powerhouse supernatural athlete. Is that this guy? And even then, Nate would get killed on defense in today's game.
POSTING POLICIES:
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#57 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:57 am

Zenzibar wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Ray Williams wrote:

He's a fcking midget

Wack post my Dude.

You can't handle my prose? :lol:

I'm known for doing that once in a while. Sorry.
POSTING POLICIES:
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,175

Post#58 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:11 am

br7knicks wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Nate Robinson is 3' 9" to be exact
SelbyCobra
General Manager
And1: 17,806

Post#59 » by SelbyCobra » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:41 am

King of Canada wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

Yeah, season 1 is the single best season of tv ever made.

My wife and I go through shows after we put the kids to bed. We'll watch an episode together and call it a night. At the outset of COVID we decided to do a rewatch of The Wire from start to finish. We dove back in and it was every bit as good as I remembered - the magnificent storytelling and characters were fresh all over again. We got through season one, and began the long slog through season two so we could get back to the towers in 3-5. About a month ago we put the kids to bed, sit down to watch episode 3 of season two, and...it costs money. I spent about 10 minutes logging out of our account and logging back in thinking there was some glitch.

Nope. Amazon pulled The Wire from Prime at midnight the night before in the middle of everyone staying at home. I was so pissed. Turns out I wasn't the only one though!

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Gravy
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,445