NBA To Employ Local, State, Federal Police, Former Special Ops Forces To Secure Bubble

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

NBA To Employ Local, State, Federal Police, Former Special Ops Forces To Secure Bubble 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:39 pm

The NBA revealed to its players that they will use local, state and federal law enforcement, plus former special operations forces to secure its bubble in Orlando.

The NBA will hold its return-to-play on the Walt Disney World campus in which players will be required to stay without leaving until their team is eliminated from playoff contention.

Games will begin on July 28th and run through October 13th.

Via Tim Bontemps/ESPN

Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,764

Re: NBA To Employ Local, State, Federal Police, Former Special Ops Forces To Secure Bubble 

Post#2 » by Dennis 37 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:25 am

Please make sure that they all have memorized Masai Ujiri's face.
Maxpainmedia:
"NYC has the **** most Two Faced fans, but we ALL loved IQ,, and that is super rare, I've been a Knicks fan for 37 years, this kid is a star and he will snap in Toronto"
ToJoBuckets
Freshman
And1: 10

Re: NBA To Employ Local, State, Federal Police, Former Special Ops Forces To Secure Bubble 

Post#3 » by ToJoBuckets » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:15 am

ahhh yes more levels of risk.......... I see that you know your Judo well
bronxballa
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#4 » by bronxballa » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:23 pm

Dear Commissioner,
This isn't the time for the NBA to play. 16 players test positive! Common, what does that tell you. We, the sports fans have lived without sports for months now. We can continue for a couple of months more. Scratch this season, it is not worth it. There will always be an * for the team that wins it.

This is all about leaving money on the table. It has nothing to do with the fans. Y'all want your money. Watching an NBA game without the hoopin and hollarin of the fans is like going to the playground to watch a pickup game, who cares? If I'm watching and a player hits a big three, the fans screaming pumps me up more. STOP this!

Begin the 20-21 season if you can at its regular time. We the fans, at least this fan is turned off by what you are doing. This isn't about the integrity of the game, it is about MONEY!
Kevin Willis
RealGM
And1: 7,925

Post#5 » by Kevin Willis » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:03 pm

bronxballa wrote:Dear Commissioner,
This isn't the time for the NBA to play. 16 players test positive! Common, what does that tell you. We, the sports fans have lived without sports for months now. We can continue for a couple of months more. Scratch this season, it is not worth it. There will always be an * for the team that wins it.

This is all about leaving money on the table. It has nothing to do with the fans. Y'all want your money. Watching an NBA game without the hoopin and hollarin of the fans is like going to the playground to watch a pickup game, who cares? If I'm watching and a player hits a big three, the fans screaming pumps me up more. STOP this!

Begin the 20-21 season if you can at its regular time. We the fans, at least this fan is turned off by what you are doing. This isn't about the integrity of the game, it is about MONEY!

- 16 is not a lot out of 302. That's 5%. Let's not exaggerate
- Money is what drives this league and there are some important milestones that need to be met. We don't the CBA can be scrapped. We don't want the cap to drastically go down. We don't want owners to start selling their teams. All these have an indirect impact on fanbases.
- In terms of fans going crazy that's always fun but this will be like summer league and people watch that every year. People watch basketball for the players, not the fans.
- You as a fan might not care about a delay in the game but the casual fans might not come back. They might not buy tickets or merchandise or watch on TV. If done successfully this can set-up basketball as the only sport to watch in the pandemic. If done right this can appeal to a whole new fanbase with fans from other sports watching. Just do it right.
- Yes it's about money. However this bubble is going to be incredibly secure. Probably will be safer in there than walking around in Texas or Arizona. I wish I was in that bubble, safer than out here where I can get the virus going grocery shopping.
- There are some big narratives that need to be played out around the LA teams, Giannis, Houston, Phily, etc. You drop a season you impact legacies, rivalries et al.
Ska needs to make a comeback.

Return to Wiretap Discussion