Image ImageImage Image

Just Sad, "Chicago sees deadliest Memorial Day weekend in four years"

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

Ccwatercraft
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,591

Re: Just Sad, "Chicago sees deadliest Memorial Day weekend in four years" 

Post#1082 » by Ccwatercraft » Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:06 pm

logical_art wrote:
Repeat 3-peat wrote:
Read on Twitter

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/weekly-nyc-shootings-soar-358-over-last-year-data-shows/2478075

Not a fan of the headline with the stat, being as it cherry picked one particular week. Next week it might read "shootings down 60%"
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,762

Post#1083 » by WindyCityBorn » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:53 pm

Ccwatercraft wrote:
logical_art wrote:
Repeat 3-peat wrote:
Read on Twitter

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/weekly-nyc-shootings-soar-358-over-last-year-data-shows/2478075

Not a fan of the headline with the stat, being as it cherry picked one particular week. Next week it might read "shootings down 60%"

It's ridiculous either way. There is no hope for Chicago inner city.
Ccwatercraft
Assistant Coach

Post#1084 » by Ccwatercraft » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:31 pm

WindyCityBorn wrote:
Ccwatercraft wrote:

Yes, its ridiculous, it's been ridiculous for some time, I gave up hope a long time ago, which is why I moved away. Crime,schools,taxes were huge incentives to get the hell out.

I have serious doubts that any amount of money thrown at the problem will solve the issues they have. It feels like its rotten to the core and far too many people want to blame the system. Its deeper than that.
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,494

Post#1085 » by dice » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:03 am

Ccwatercraft wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
Ccwatercraft wrote:

Yes, its ridiculous, it's been ridiculous for some time, I gave up hope a long time ago, which is why I moved away.

you lived in inner city chicago?
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
dice
RealGM

Post#1086 » by dice » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:03 am

skip to 10:40:

the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
Ccwatercraft
Assistant Coach

Post#1087 » by Ccwatercraft » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:28 am

dice wrote:
Ccwatercraft wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:

Yes, its ridiculous, it's been ridiculous for some time, I gave up hope a long time ago, which is why I moved away.

You dont have to live in the "inner" city to decide that there are better options out there for a family.
dice
RealGM

Post#1088 » by dice » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:35 am

Ccwatercraft wrote:
dice wrote:
Ccwatercraft wrote:

You dont have to live in the "inner" city to decide that there are better options out there for a family.

so you really have no better insight on chicago poverty than someone who lives in timbuktu

everybody knows that there are better options for a family than living in a bad chicago neighborhood. much better. many if not most of those who live in such neighborhoods don't want to be there
Ccwatercraft
Assistant Coach

Post#1089 » by Ccwatercraft » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:24 pm

dice wrote:
Ccwatercraft wrote:
dice wrote:you lived in inner city chicago?

so you really have no better insight on chicago poverty than someone who lives in timbuktu

everybody knows that there are better options for a family than living in a bad chicago neighborhood. much better. many if not most of those who live in such neighborhoods don't want to be there

Every post I read from you tends to be argumentative, I think you just really enjoy picking fights by antagonizing people until you finally get a rise out of them.

Sorry, but I don't enjoy those types of games, go poke some other bear please.
dice
RealGM

Post#1090 » by dice » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:07 am

Ccwatercraft wrote:
dice wrote:
Ccwatercraft wrote:

Every post I read from you tends to be argumentative, I think you just really enjoy picking fights by antagonizing people until you finally get a rise out of them.

Sorry, but I don't enjoy those types of games, go poke some other bear please.

you flat out said that you moved from chicago because you had given up on the inner city ever improving. nobody who doesn't live in and/or frequent those neighborhoods moves from chicago for that reason. don't make obviously false representations if you're not prepared to be called out on them. you've probably never even met anyone from one of those neighborhoods. and no, getting derrick rose's autograph doesn't count

is a story about your best friend from fuller park up next?
dice
RealGM

Post#1092 » by dice » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:05 am

logical_art wrote:https://www.tabletmag.com/sections/news/articles/new-truth-rationalism-religion

i don't like everything about that article, but there's a lot of truth in it
dice
RealGM

Post#1093 » by dice » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:11 am

i'd love to see someone tear down a robert e. lee statue and replace it with a spike lee statue. alas, the cost and logistics issues
2018C3
Pro Prospect
And1: 539

Post#1094 » by 2018C3 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:11 am

Tearing down any piece of art is stupid. I agree, and support the removal of many from public places, but they should be placed in a museum with context to describe its history to teach future generations what happened.
2018C3
Pro Prospect
And1: 539

Post#1095 » by 2018C3 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:15 am

All the Pharaohs had slaves, and the pyramids were built using them. I see nobody suggesting we blow them up, or burn the mummies.

History needs to be preserved, but correct context needs to be added to teach future generations of all the injustices in human history,

The Usa has brutal past, and I do not deny that. Intellectually correct the history books, and teach students what actually occurred without the sugar coating, and also why it was wrong.
Bluewaterheaven
Assistant Coach
And1: 664

Post#1096 » by Bluewaterheaven » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:46 pm

This is just horrible:

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/breaking/ct-child-shot-20200627-azxdl66q3farlf2g5syd3f4zea-story.html

Edit: 18 killed this weekend. After a relatively slow start and two good years of significant decreases in homicides, Chicago is now quickly on pace to hit 2016 homicide numbers.
Unknown wrote:Dwarves laugh when they run because the grass tickles their balls.
musiqsoulchild
RealGM
And1: 6,354

Post#1097 » by musiqsoulchild » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:00 pm

2018C3 wrote:All the Pharaohs had slaves, and the pyramids were built using them. I see nobody suggesting we blow them up, or burn the mummies.

History needs to be preserved, but correct context needs to be added to teach future generations of all the injustices in human history,

The Usa has brutal past, and I do not deny that. Intellectually correct the history books, and teach students what actually occurred without the sugar coating, and also why it was wrong.

Imagine that...slavery was resolved almost 4000 years ago in Egypt.

We havent even reached 200 years without slavery.

And the Egyptian slaves went and formed their own land - Canaan. In sharp contrast to the slaves of the past here...whose greatgrandchildren and grandchildren have to see the oppressors statue even when they go to a public park.

A park for which they also pay taxes to help maintain.
musiqsoulchild
RealGM

Post#1098 » by musiqsoulchild » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:03 pm

Bluewaterheaven wrote:This is just horrible:

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/breaking/ct-child-shot-20200627-azxdl66q3farlf2g5syd3f4zea-story.html

Edit: 18 killed this weekend. After a relatively slow start and two good years of significant decreases in homicides, Chicago is now quickly on pace to hit 2016 homicide numbers.

It is horrible.
Ccwatercraft
Assistant Coach

Post#1099 » by Ccwatercraft » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:27 pm

musiqsoulchild wrote:
2018C3 wrote:All the Pharaohs had slaves, and the pyramids were built using them. I see nobody suggesting we blow them up, or burn the mummies.

And the Egyptian slaves went and formed their own land - Canaan. In sharp contrast to the slaves of the past here...whose greatgrandchildren and grandchildren have to see the oppressors statue even when they go to a public park.

4000 years ago, also known as 1889.

got it.
musiqsoulchild
RealGM

Post#1100 » by musiqsoulchild » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:15 pm

Ccwatercraft wrote:
musiqsoulchild wrote:

4000 years ago, also known as 1889.

got it.

Huh?

The conversation was about Slavery and Statues.

And how it relates to the Sphinx

Return to Chicago Bulls