Astros Planning To Have Fans At Game In Texas

Moderator: TyCobb

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Astros Planning To Have Fans At Game In Texas 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:49 pm

Many Major League ballparks will likely remain closed to fans during the scheduled 60-game season, but the Houston Astros are already planning to welcome spectators.

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott has been saying for weeks that he wants to allow fans at Astros and Texas Rangers games. He has called for stadiums to be half-filled.

On Wednesday, Jim Crane was asked about hosting fans at Minute Maid Park and the Astros owner said \"that\'s the plan.\"

Via Alyson Footer/MLB

Raptors Realtor
Analyst
And1: 2,854

Re: Astros Planning To Have Fans At Game In Texas 

Post#2 » by Raptors Realtor » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:23 pm

Why am I not surprised it's the Astros of all teams... Their organizational judgement has been lacking for a few years now.
BulletToothTony
Ballboy
And1: 4

Post#3 » by BulletToothTony » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:27 pm

Jim Crane is the gift that keeps on giving whenever he speaks! What a guy. Forget the health and safety of people! I can't let my team operate at a loss this season. Yes, despite the fact that I'm a billionaire!

What an organization.
TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 515

Post#4 » by TheCage4 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:26 pm

I’m not against fans returning to games. They don’t have to obviously, but having the option to attend a game if you’re willing to adhere to safety protocols and assume the risk then so be it.
“And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.” -Alan Moore
agkagk
Analyst
And1: 1,879

Post#5 » by agkagk » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:37 am

BulletToothTony wrote:Jim Crane is the gift that keeps on giving whenever he speaks! What a guy. Forget the health and safety of people! I can't let my team operate at a loss this season. Yes, despite the fact that I'm a billionaire!

What an organization.

Sometimes I look at the way America treats the sick, elderly and poor and wonder if the USA is “capitalism run a muck”?

....then I read stuff like this and go; oh yeah....
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#6 » by The_Hater » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:00 pm

TheCage4 wrote:I’m not against fans returning to games. They don’t have to obviously, but having the option to attend a game if you’re willing to adhere to safety protocols and assume the risk then so be it.

It’s a bad idea on every level imaginable, especially in a place like Houston, Texas where things are running out of control. For some reason common sense is no longer common in the United States.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by TheCage4 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:45 am

The_Hater wrote:
TheCage4 wrote:I’m not against fans returning to games. They don’t have to obviously, but having the option to attend a game if you’re willing to adhere to safety protocols and assume the risk then so be it.

It’s a bad idea on every level imaginable, especially in a place like Houston, Texas where things are running out of control. For some reason common sense is no longer common in the United States.

Are people being forced to attend? No. It’s called free-will, and if people are allowed to demonstrate, loot and riot by the hundreds and thousands without consequence (especially after the country was shut down), why can they not attend a baseball game where safety guidelines will be in place?

You are correct, there is no more common sense.
“And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.” -Alan Moore
440BB
Bench Warmer
And1: 811

Post#8 » by 440BB » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:27 pm

One sick person without a mask in the beer line during the late inning rush could infect dozens of people, who will then go home and spread this further. Bars are being closed again in that state. ICU's are reaching overflow status. Makes sense.
"I think Halle Berry is pretty in church and in the grocery store" - Troy Weaver
BulletToothTony
Ballboy
And1: 4

Post#9 » by BulletToothTony » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:21 pm

TheCage4 wrote:
The_Hater wrote:

Are people being forced to attend? No. It’s called free-will, and if people are allowed to demonstrate, loot and riot by the hundreds and thousands without consequence (especially after the country was shut down), why can they not attend a baseball game where safety guidelines will be in place?

So, you would welcome people to buy tickets to attend a baseball game all because other people (protesters) protested against police brutality?
TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by TheCage4 » Wed Jul 1, 2020 10:08 pm

BulletToothTony wrote:
TheCage4 wrote:
The_Hater wrote:

So, you would welcome people to buy tickets to attend a baseball game all because other people (protesters) protested against police brutality?

I’m saying that you cannot condemn a person or people from trying to have any semblance of normal life, like attending a baseball game, and condone large gatherings of demonstrations.

I’m not talking about the cause, which is just, I’m talking about public health. Sporting events would have health checks and safety protocols to adhere by, while large crowds in the streets are a free for all. It’s a comparison in safety, not issue.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#11 » by The_Hater » Thu Jul 2, 2020 1:57 am

TheCage4 wrote:
BulletToothTony wrote:
TheCage4 wrote:

I’m saying that you cannot condemn a person or people from trying to have any semblance of normal life, like attending a baseball game, and condone large gatherings of demonstrations.

I’m not talking about the cause, which is just, I’m talking about public health. Sporting events would have health checks and safety protocols to adhere by, while large crowds in the streets are a free for all. It’s a comparison in safety, not issue.

I’m not condemning the people who want to foolishly attend a baseball game and expose theMselves and their families to this virus, I’ve already seen plenty of these foolish people going to church, Trump rallies and crowded bars and beaches the last few weeks. But I can certainly condemn the billionaire Owner of an MLB team for deciding to expose thousands of people to the virus all in the name of increased ticket sales and revenue. I also condemned Trump, many church pastors and some state governors for acting equally irresponsibly. Making it even more foolish, the city in question is Houston which has become one of the virus hotspots in the country. Shame on Jim Crane for helping extend the pandemic instead of taking measures to help end it.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion