ImageImageImage

2020 Offseason Speculation, free agency, summer trades (keep draft prospect talk in draft thread)

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Would you prefer a regular season from Christmas to late June and playoffs late June to late August?

Yes, move season back
73%
No, leave as is
27%

Total votes: 41

Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,815

Re: 2020 Offseason Speculation, free agency, summer trades (keep draft prospect talk in draft thread) 

Post#2321 » by Saberestar » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:30 pm

Read on Twitter
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,713

Re: 2020 Offseason Speculation, free agency, summer trades (keep draft prospect talk in draft thread) 

Post#2322 » by basketballRob » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:37 pm

ImNotMcDiSwear wrote:
starbosa10 wrote:
nevetsov wrote:
Oubre = Gordon (arguably)
Baynes >> Birch
Suns 1st > Magic 1st

No thanks.

Also isn't Baynes going to be a FA?

Yeah, Baynes can't be included in any trades. I also don't think the draft picks should be involved. If the teams want to exchange Oubre and Gordon, just let it be those two. To date, Oubre's been the better player, though Aaron's shown flashes of having more to his game. My issue with a straight up trade (if we're just talking about the players) is the steal and block numbers, where Oubre's way ahead.

But the real issue is the contracts. Oubre wants an extension, but in this environment, what will be able to get? Aaron's already locked up on a big ol' contract - is he worth the money, especially in this new environment? Sure, we could lose Oubre for nothing, but then, presumably, we'd have the financial room to make something happen. Would Orlando be just as happy pushing Gordon's contract to the curb as they'd be re-signing Oubre to a big extension? I think it's at least plausible. Plus, we exchange Oubre for Gordon and we're immediately out more cap space this summer. We have enough holes in our roster to fill, so I prefer to keep that FA cash, maybe even try to get more of it.

I don't see what else ORL has to offer and no reason at all to exchange the #10 for the #15. Truly, I see no reasonable deal that can be made between our franchises.
No way I'd trde AG straight up for Oubre. I think AG is better and could potentially break out. I'd have to have a sweetener, like swapping picks.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
ImNotMcDiSwear
General Manager
And1: 6,087

Post#2323 » by ImNotMcDiSwear » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:40 pm

basketballRob wrote:
ImNotMcDiSwear wrote:
starbosa10 wrote:Also isn't Baynes going to be a FA?

Yeah, Baynes can't be included in any trades. I also don't think the draft picks should be involved. If the teams want to exchange Oubre and Gordon, just let it be those two. To date, Oubre's been the better player, though Aaron's shown flashes of having more to his game. My issue with a straight up trade (if we're just talking about the players) is the steal and block numbers, where Oubre's way ahead.

But the real issue is the contracts. Oubre wants an extension, but in this environment, what will be able to get? Aaron's already locked up on a big ol' contract - is he worth the money, especially in this new environment? Sure, we could lose Oubre for nothing, but then, presumably, we'd have the financial room to make something happen. Would Orlando be just as happy pushing Gordon's contract to the curb as they'd be re-signing Oubre to a big extension? I think it's at least plausible. Plus, we exchange Oubre for Gordon and we're immediately out more cap space this summer. We have enough holes in our roster to fill, so I prefer to keep that FA cash, maybe even try to get more of it.

I don't see what else ORL has to offer and no reason at all to exchange the #10 for the #15. Truly, I see no reasonable deal that can be made between our franchises.
No way I'd trde AG straight up for Oubre. I think AG is better and could potentially break out.

And yet, all it would take is moving up five spots in the draft for you to pull the trigger? Who you targeting?
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#2324 » by basketballRob » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:00 am

ImNotMcDiSwear wrote:
basketballRob wrote:
ImNotMcDiSwear wrote:

No way I'd trde AG straight up for Oubre. I think AG is better and could potentially break out.

And yet, all it would take is moving up five spots in the draft for you to pull the trigger? Who you targeting?
I like Okoro. Minnesota could potentially trade their pick and James Johnson for Ag and our pick. We have potentially 4 PF's next year with Isaac, Okeke, and Aminu.

Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,478

Post#2325 » by Ghost of Kleine » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:25 am

basketballRob wrote:
ImNotMcDiSwear wrote:
starbosa10 wrote:Also isn't Baynes going to be a FA?

No way I'd trde AG straight up for Oubre. I think AG is better and could potentially break out. I'd have to have a sweetener, like swapping picks.

That's cool, No big deal. Take care, Buh Bye. :D
ImNotMcDiSwear
General Manager

Post#2326 » by ImNotMcDiSwear » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:35 am

basketballRob wrote:
ImNotMcDiSwear wrote:
basketballRob wrote:No way I'd trde AG straight up for Oubre. I think AG is better and could potentially break out.

I like Okoro. Minnesota could potentially trade their pick and James Johnson for Ag and our pick. We have potentially 4 PF's next year with Isaac, Okeke, and Aminu.

Ya know, the difference between Oubre and James Johnson is, like, a lot.

Is cool. Thanks for starting a conversation.
cberry78
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,420

Post#2327 » by cberry78 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:49 am

Saberestar wrote:
Read on Twitter

8-0, no problem. We got this.
"Never argue with an idiot. You'll never convince the idiot that you're correct, and bystanders won't be able to tell who's who." - Mark Twain
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#2328 » by basketballRob » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:50 am

ImNotMcDiSwear wrote:
basketballRob wrote:
ImNotMcDiSwear wrote:

They have a much higher pick.

Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,410

Post#2329 » by Revived » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:04 am

Read on Twitter

Lol Suns don’t get a mention in this article either and nobody even realizes it :lol:
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,176

Post#2330 » by Frank Lee » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:37 am

cberry78 wrote:
Saberestar wrote:
Read on Twitter

Well, considering 7 of the 8 games wont mean anything to the opposition other than a seeding spot... sure, we might win a few. But we essentially have no shot as we dont play any of the teams needed to leap frog into the 9th slot. As I said before, we are nothing but warm body practice fodder.

Risk but no reward. Yay NBA
What ? Me Worry ?
Revived
RealGM

Post#2331 » by Revived » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:19 am

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
Read on Twitter

Trier might be worth claiming and giving a look.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app

Definitely an upgrade over any bench scoring option we have. Plus chemistry with Ayton as well.
King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,221

Post#2332 » by King4Day » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:59 am

Revived wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:
Read on Twitter

Definitely an upgrade over any bench scoring option we have. Plus chemistry with Ayton as well.

I can't believe they waived him. Just a year ago he actually had value. What happened to him?
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
Revived
RealGM

Post#2333 » by Revived » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:11 am

King4Day wrote:
Revived wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:
Read on Twitter

I can't believe they waived him. Just a year ago he actually had value. What happened to him?

New York Knicks happened to him.
AtheJ415
Head Coach
And1: 5,356

Post#2334 » by AtheJ415 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:36 am

I'd take a flier on Trier but probably would prefer getting back into the back of the 2nd for Myles Powell next year.
darmani
Starter
And1: 2,731

Post#2335 » by darmani » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:23 am

It's not a great sign when someone gets cut by the New York **** Knicks to create a roster spot to claim Theo **** Pinson. We don't have any cap space left to claim Trier (he has a surprisingly big contract for an end of the bench scrub) so we can only sign him to a contract if he clears waivers. BTW, he's a Rich Paul client.
"Can’t talk basketball with everybody" - Devin Booker
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,038

Post#2336 » by sunsbg » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:35 am

cberry78 wrote:
Saberestar wrote:
Read on Twitter

Or they cancel the season just before the Mavs game again. Quite fitting for this season.

I'm mostly looking for some entertainment coming from the games against Doncic. Maybe good the first game is not vs Mavs, so the players are a bit more focused already played a game, especially in this no fans environment.
Revived
RealGM

Post#2337 » by Revived » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:52 am

darmani wrote:It's not a great sign when someone gets cut by the New York **** Knicks to create a roster spot to claim Theo **** Pinson. We don't have any cap space left to claim Trier (he has a surprisingly big contract for an end of the bench scrub) so we can only sign him to a contract if he clears waivers. BTW, he's a Rich Paul client.

Knicks aren’t known to make well thought out decisions though.

And I don’t think Trier will be a savior of any kind but he has potential to be a valuable scorer off the bench like Crawford or Barbosa.
nevetsov
Head Coach
And1: 1,709

Post#2338 » by nevetsov » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:00 am

Frank Lee wrote:But we essentially have no shot as we dont play any of the teams needed to leap frog into the 9th slot. As I said before, we are nothing but warm body practice fodder.

True Frank, but I think a few of the teams immediately above us have lots of games between them? Which means some of them *have* to lose. So in theory if we win out we'll jump up a few places at least.
ImNotMcDiSwear
General Manager

Post#2339 » by ImNotMcDiSwear » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:40 pm

Revived wrote:
King4Day wrote:
Revived wrote:Definitely an upgrade over any bench scoring option we have. Plus chemistry with Ayton as well.

New York Knicks happened to him.

This is the same conversation teams have been having about the young players we've been letting go over the last several years. "The Phoenix Suns happened to" Quese, Dragan, Jackson.

We'll be using ORL as a team tryout, it seems to me. Hopefully Trier or someone else will show themselves to be worthy of minutes for us next season. Because man, we sure could use some kind of bench.
Fo-Real
General Manager
And1: 4,911

Post#2340 » by Fo-Real » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:18 pm

basketballRob wrote:
ImNotMcDiSwear wrote:
basketballRob wrote:I like Okoro. Minnesota could potentially trade their pick and James Johnson for Ag and our pick. We have potentially 4 PF's next year with Isaac, Okeke, and Aminu.

They have a much higher pick.

Its a lottery, things CAN happen you know?!?!

Return to Phoenix Suns