TPE Trade Target Watch

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,828

Re: TPE Trade Target Watch 

Post#161 » by cdubbz » Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:28 am

HiRez wrote:
azwfan wrote:The only teams that jump out at me that may be willing to make a dollar saving move would be the Rockets, Philly, and maybe Orlando (?).

I doubt the Rox would deal with us, but I wouldn't mind Covington if they're getting cheap and there's a way. Looks like his contract is $11.3M for next year. That's the type of versatile bench player we could use with Iguodala gone.

That would be extreme for the Rockets to let go of RoCo. The team would literally just be Russ & James harden haha.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,238

Post#162 » by wco81 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:34 pm

Not likely but the Rockets owner's business is hurting from the pandemic lockdowns.
The Maestro
Sixth Man
And1: 52

Post#163 » by The Maestro » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:09 pm

wco81 wrote:Not likely but the Rockets owner's business is hurting from the pandemic lockdowns.

From what I’ve read, the Rockets ownership is in a world of hurt and probably shouldn’t have been allowed to even buy the team. They are gonna have to dump players.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,337

Post#164 » by KevinMcreynolds » Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:56 pm

The Maestro wrote:
wco81 wrote:Not likely but the Rockets owner's business is hurting from the pandemic lockdowns.

From what I’ve read, the Rockets ownership is in a world of hurt and probably shouldn’t have been allowed to even buy the team. They are gonna have to dump players.

floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
The Maestro
Sixth Man

Post#165 » by The Maestro » Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:17 pm

likashing
Head Coach
And1: 1,959

Post#166 » by likashing » Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:00 am

Why is Lacob’s group less hurt than others? With $1+B spent on building a stadium, where the predicted revenues from conferences and concerts etc and other events are now down the drain in the foreseeable future due to no vaccine and social distancing.

All their business were modeled after having 10-20k attendees cramped inside the stadium.
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#167 » by Scoots1994 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:26 pm

The Maestro wrote:

The team can probable get a loan with a plan to sell it to keep the players if it gets that bad.
The Maestro
Sixth Man

Post#168 » by The Maestro » Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:24 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:
The Maestro wrote:

The team can probable get a loan with a plan to sell it to keep the players if it gets that bad.

The NBA wants Fertitta to sell a stake in the franchise and bring in minority owners to raise capital but Fertitta has refused. He wants to be sole owner.
OptionZero
Starter
And1: 1,828

Post#169 » by OptionZero » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:19 pm

azwfan wrote:
OptionZero wrote:Given his injury history and how much money he's made, plus his lack of production, he's a negative value contract. They'd need to pay us to take him, which is unlikely

For the reserve guard spot, you want some reliability, otherwise whats the point? We aren't in developmental mode trying to take bad contracts that might improve, we're looking for someone with a better track record and/or way less cost.

Someone like Shabazz Napier will probably cost around the minimum and is good for 12 minutes a night running a second unit, and is also fungible if we find a better option or if Poole improves enough to take a backup PG job on a contender.

There's more drastic moves like Ricky Rubio, who is pretty proven. We know what he can do, and he may be superfluous to PHX depending what they wanna do (Draft a PG high, clear cap space to sign someone, etc)

Afaik PHX is pushing to make the playoffs next year - they dont want Booker to be the next superstar tired of losing and demanding a trade. I find it highly unlikely the Suns would deal Rubio for dollar savings and/or draft assets. I think they’d be more likely to deal an unproven player (or their pick) for a vet.

The only teams that jump out at me that may be willing to make a dollar saving move would be the Rockets, Philly, and maybe Orlando (?). Milwaukee has a huge salary cap figure but I dont think they can afford to look budget conscience to Giannis.

As the cap numbers are released there may be other teams but I’m not picturing a huge market. Hope I’m wrong.

Sarver is notoriously cheap and that franchise has changed directions with no rhyme or reason for the past . . . nearly a decade?
OptionZero
Starter

Post#170 » by OptionZero » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:20 pm

The Maestro wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:
The Maestro wrote:

The NBA wants Fertitta to sell a stake in the franchise and bring in minority owners to raise capital but Fertitta has refused. He wants to be sole owner.

texas trump took out some 30% loans to stay afloat

he might be the sole owner on paper but his **** is leverage to hell. Like taking out massive debt to buy a lambo. You might "own" the car but its really the bank's
OptionZero
Starter

Post#171 » by OptionZero » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:26 pm

cdubbz wrote:
HiRez wrote:
azwfan wrote:The only teams that jump out at me that may be willing to make a dollar saving move would be the Rockets, Philly, and maybe Orlando (?).

I doubt the Rox would deal with us, but I wouldn't mind Covington if they're getting cheap and there's a way. Looks like his contract is $11.3M for next year. That's the type of versatile bench player we could use with Iguodala gone.

That would be extreme for the Rockets to let go of RoCo. The team would literally just be Russ & James harden haha.

Look at their payroll. They're already headed that way

$131 already committed for next season for only 10 players

We know that egomanic isn't gonna pay the tax despite his hilarious proclamations otherwise.

The cap already gonna get wrecked, they're probably gonna have to artificially freeze the tax line at the same level it is now - $132M

So if you got $131M committed to 10 guys and the tax is $132M and you need minimum 13 players . . .

Tucker, Gordon, or Roco has to go. They'll probably deem Tucker untouchable given he's the key to their defense. Gordon has 4 years $75M (thats right . . $75M) STARTING next year, so good luck finding someone taking that remaining deal.

That leaves Roco who has a very reasonable $25m/2years left. Basically any contender would be happy to have him on that deal as a starter or key bench guy.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,238

Post#172 » by wco81 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:44 pm

Whatever the deal with his finances, he might have a hard time justifying a huge payroll if the Rockets don't make more noise in the playoffs.

That means at least the WCF and doing well probably.

If they compete well against the Lakers or Clippers, take either to at least 6 games, that's a reason to run it back with their roster.

But if they don't fare at least that well, why would he pay the luxury tax? They would in a sense be going backwards, carrying two super Max contracts, after swapping one for another super Max with I believe more years on the books.
OptionZero
Starter

Post#173 » by OptionZero » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:14 pm

Lets not forget that D'Antoni has no contract for next year bc Fertitta lowballed the crap out of him

And he's gonna be ITCHING to fire Darryl Morey the SECOND he can over the China thing. Adam Silver wasn't gonna let him do that for PR reasons but if HOU trips up AT ALL, Fertitta is gonna jump on that as cover

morey's got a guaanteed contract for several more years but he will certainly have a new job shortly thereafter and the offset clause will let Fertitta save a few bucks

I could totally see him getting a retread like JVG on a cheaper deal since JVG isn't in demand. If we're lucky he'll give JVG personnel control
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#174 » by Scoots1994 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:05 am

OptionZero wrote:Look at their payroll. They're already headed that way

$131 already committed for next season for only 10 players

We know that egomanic isn't gonna pay the tax despite his hilarious proclamations otherwise.

The cap already gonna get wrecked, they're probably gonna have to artificially freeze the tax line at the same level it is now - $132M

So if you got $131M committed to 10 guys and the tax is $132M and you need minimum 13 players . . .

Tucker, Gordon, or Roco has to go. They'll probably deem Tucker untouchable given he's the key to their defense. Gordon has 4 years $75M (thats right . . $75M) STARTING next year, so good luck finding someone taking that remaining deal.

That leaves Roco who has a very reasonable $25m/2years left. Basically any contender would be happy to have him on that deal as a starter or key bench guy.

I don't think the current CBA will let them leave the tax line where it is now without the cooperation of the NBAPA on cap smoothing, and right now the players relationship with the owners is not exactly strong. They'd probably love to have a work stoppage if pushed and hope to hold out.

On Fritata's finances, I absolutely think he's going to look for any excuse to slash his payroll, but he knows he can't do it for no reason and hope to keep the fans in Houston happy.
OptionZero
Starter

Post#175 » by OptionZero » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:13 pm

Fertitta's claims have never been based on reality. I would not be shocked in the least if he ordered Morey to cut payroll while simultaneously claiming he has been the most committed owner ever to winning and we all need to SHUT UP AND LISTEN
Bimbo_Coles
Pro Prospect
And1: 26

Post#176 » by Bimbo_Coles » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:29 am

Do you think HOU would move ROCO for our 2021 FRP? If so, that would make for a great offseason along with Edwards or Wiseman.
kingcong95
Junior
And1: 129

Post#177 » by kingcong95 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:10 am

Bimbo_Coles wrote:Do you think HOU would move ROCO for our 2021 FRP? If so, that would make for a great offseason along with Edwards or Wiseman.

So not only settle for a poor return, but also help their fanbase's most hated rival? Roco was acquired to epitomize their system, throwing him away like that would be PR suicide.
I'd go nuts if this happened, but surely even Fertitta isn't this desperate!
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#178 » by Scoots1994 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:16 pm

kingcong95 wrote:
Bimbo_Coles wrote:Do you think HOU would move ROCO for our 2021 FRP? If so, that would make for a great offseason along with Edwards or Wiseman.

So not only settle for a poor return, but also help their fanbase's most hated rival? Roco was acquired to epitomize their system, throwing him away like that would be PR suicide.
I'd go nuts if this happened, but surely even Fertitta isn't this desperate!

If he doesn't make payroll the NBA will take the team from him, and so far it sounds like he is refusing the NBA's advice so my guess is he's on a short leash with other owners.
CS707
Head Coach
And1: 6,276

Post#179 » by CS707 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:13 am

I’m sure this has been asked/answered already but I’m lazy - does the changed season timeline impact the TPE at all?
vetmin
Junior
And1: 131

Post#180 » by vetmin » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:25 am

gst8 wrote:I’m sure this has been asked/answered already but I’m lazy - does the changed season timeline impact the TPE at all?

Not really. The deadline just get pushed ahead to be in the same place relative to the new offseason dates

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to Golden State Warriors