List: Covid19-Bois

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

CoP
Head Coach
And1: 9,295

Re: List: Covid19-Bois 

Post#161 » by CoP » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:57 pm

nedleeds wrote:
LKN wrote:
gipper08 wrote:Once we get to 50-75 nba players who had the virus and none of them even are admitted to the hospital then will you guys finally admit this virus' lethality is overblown?

Imagine posting garbage like this after well over 100,000 people have died.

You better stop making diarrhea jokes then. Far more people, and more children alone die from it than the Covids.

Diarrhea jokes? Let me ask you something, when you clicked "Submit" on this post, did you think it was relevant or clever in any way?
TheSheriff
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,219

Post#162 » by TheSheriff » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:57 pm

jason bourne wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:The NBA is finished as is all sports professional and college. Looks like the kids will have to find some other way to go to college now, no more athletic scholarships! Maybe they will have to learn to read and do math or find other ways to make money!!

The NBA has around 5% of players testing positive which may be higher than the normal population, but the numbers were skewed by Rudy Gobert and his clowning. Take out he and Donovan Mitchell. It is still high, but there may be others who didn't take it seriously.

These are players who tested positive this week. The cluster around the Utah Jazz should have tested negative, given they become infected approximately 3 months ago, then went into quarantine. These players likely became infected much later through community transition.
levon
RealGM
And1: 23,023

Post#163 » by levon » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:02 pm

Florida hit 9000 cases yesterday. If they don't lock down stricter than any state has so far by July 4th, things are gonna look really bleak when the NBA restarts.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 10,792

Post#164 » by eyeatoma » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:03 pm

The NBA will have to require Disney staff to stay in the bubble the way things are going, or they'll absolutely create an outbreak.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk
D.Brasco
General Manager
And1: 9,186

Post#165 » by D.Brasco » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:11 pm

levon wrote:Florida hit 9000 cases yesterday. If they don't lock down stricter than any state has so far by July 4th, things are gonna look really bleak when the NBA restarts.

It's Florida they are not gonna do ****. NBA would have been better off picking almost any other state to have their bubble.
Side beard
Analyst
And1: 2,297

Post#166 » by Side beard » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:39 pm

Imagine doing NBA season in state that got memes about people doing weird things on daily basis.
Sofia
GOTB: Mean Girls
And1: 30,568

Post#167 » by Sofia » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:45 pm

eyeatoma wrote:The NBA will have to require Disney staff to stay in the bubble the way things are going, or they'll absolutely create an outbreak.

Isn’t their union not allowing mandatory testing for Disney staff? Asymptomatic staff could pass basic screening and go in and start serving food to entire teams.
President of the Grady Dick Fanclub - top ****
President of the Pharmcat Fanclub
President of the GreatWhiteStiff Fanclub - go stiffies!
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,914

Post#168 » by basketballwacko2 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:39 pm

xdrta+ wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:
I don't know where you get your numbers from, but the CDC History of the 1918 Flu Pandemic estimates there were about 675,000 deaths in the US.
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resources/1918-pandemic-h1n1.html

Wow reading is essential isn't it. I said 2017-18 flu season! Try reading slick. :lol:

Oh, my mistake. I thought you were talking about something relevant. The flu season is totally irrelevant to the pandemic.

Oh ok I guess being an illiterate jerk is your excuse.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,914

Post#169 » by basketballwacko2 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:49 pm

CoP wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:So can the Flu. In the 2017-18 Flu season there were about 70,000 Americans killed by the Flu, there were at least 45 million cases of flu. No lockdowns, no shutdown of sports, no media hysteria.

There have been 120k deaths in 3 months from COVID, and that number keeps climbing. The tally is not done. In the month of April, more people likely died from COVID in the US than any other cause. And that was WITH the shutdown. There was a shutdown precisely to avoid hundreds of thousands and perhaps millions more deaths.

Yeah 120k dead, thanks to state Governors like NY, MI, NJ, PA and IL requiring nursing homes to take these "Covid" patients back while infected, knowing that the Homes were not equipped to isolate contagious patients, I'm talking about Cuomo in particular. We don't even have an accurate number of the people who died in NY becuase of that stupid decision. It was like throwing a match into a pile of dry leaves. This is the same guy who said he needed 40,000 ventilators, who had a 1000 bed hospital created for him at the Javits center, had a huge hospital ship sent to NY Harbor and barely used either.

If they had protected the elderly and worried less about the people who were not sick going out to dinner I'm guessing the death toll would be 1/2 what it is. Nearly 50% of all deaths came from nursing homes and assisted living. But in those 5 states the elderly were treated as throw away people. It is a culture's duty to take care of it's elderly.
prophet_of_rage
RealGM
And1: 6,614

Post#170 » by prophet_of_rage » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:54 pm

MadDogSHWA wrote:
Profound23 wrote:
MadDogSHWA wrote:
There is no actual evidence of this. If I'm wrong - post the evidence.

1.) I am a RN who works on a covid unit. I have seen it first hand. Multiple people readmitting with it.

This is not science.

Profound23 wrote:
MadDogSHWA wrote:

2.) Dr. Fauci himself has stated this is not one of those one and done diseases.

This is not science.

Profound23 wrote:
MadDogSHWA wrote:

Here is one case alone where someone caught it 3 times in 2 months. https://fox6now.com/2020/05/04/houston-man-tests-positive-for-covid-19-three-times-over-two-months/

This is not science.
That response is nonsense.

Sent from my SM-N970W using Tapatalk
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,346

Post#171 » by Johnny Bball » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:58 pm

https://www.axios.com/florida-single-day-increase-coronavirus-cases-a6d5578b-527c-4be4-88e6-eb7289a7be97.html?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=organic&utm_content=1100&fbclid=IwAR1ZB3vJOlCNliKLxTaMFryr2L2rVPj_MYrPwYdprKAv5HeW7tvQKlGUOMU

9000 new cases in Florida today. I guess making the new cases line vertical is one way to flatten the curve. Only Florida would think it's the right way.

Will it take a ton more deaths from these cases for people to stop posting the stupid **** about how it's just the flu? Well, you shouldn't have to wait long and lets hope karma isn't a real thing.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,396

Post#172 » by Profound23 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:08 am

prophet_of_rage wrote:
MadDogSHWA wrote:
Profound23 wrote:

1.) I am a RN who works on a covid unit. I have seen it first hand. Multiple people readmitting with it.

This is not science.

Profound23 wrote:
2.) Dr. Fauci himself has stated this is not one of those one and done diseases.

This is not science.

Profound23 wrote:
Here is one case alone where someone caught it 3 times in 2 months. https://fox6now.com/2020/05/04/houston-man-tests-positive-for-covid-19-three-times-over-two-months/

This is not science.

Thank you because.....

CoP
Head Coach
And1: 9,295

Post#173 » by CoP » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:17 am

basketballwacko2 wrote:
CoP wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:So can the Flu. In the 2017-18 Flu season there were about 70,000 Americans killed by the Flu, there were at least 45 million cases of flu. No lockdowns, no shutdown of sports, no media hysteria.

There have been 120k deaths in 3 months from COVID, and that number keeps climbing. The tally is not done. In the month of April, more people likely died from COVID in the US than any other cause. And that was WITH the shutdown. There was a shutdown precisely to avoid hundreds of thousands and perhaps millions more deaths.

Yeah 120k dead, thanks to state Governors like NY, MI, NJ, PA and IL requiring nursing homes to take these "Covid" patients back while infected, knowing that the Homes were not equipped to isolate contagious patients, I'm talking about Cuomo in particular. We don't even have an accurate number of the people who died in NY becuase of that stupid decision. It was like throwing a match into a pile of dry leaves. This is the same guy who said he needed 40,000 ventilators, who had a 1000 bed hospital created for him at the Javits center, had a huge hospital ship sent to NY Harbor and barely used either.

If they had protected the elderly and worried less about the people who were not sick going out to dinner I'm guessing the death toll would be 1/2 what it is. Nearly 50% of all deaths came from nursing homes and assisted living. But in those 5 states the elderly were treated as throw away people. It is a culture's duty to take care of it's elderly.

I'm sorry, are we on a new topic now? I thought we were talking about you complaining about lockdowns. Do you now agree, as medical professionals have asserted, that the lockdowns have saved hundreds of thousands if not millions of lives? From link

Two new papers published in the journal Nature say that lockdowns put in place to slow the spread of the coronavirus were highly effective, prevented tens of millions of infections and saved millions of lives.
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,645

Post#174 » by LoveMyRaps » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:23 am

Canada should've hosted the NBA return. Then there would be a single person worried even a bit about a player potentially contracting the virus. Only 172 new cases today in all of Canada. The NBA was considering Toronto at one point, don't know why the backed off. Fortunately, the NHL were smart enough to resume their play in Canada.
In the last 14 days, the highest number of reported daily new cases in TORONTO was 70.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
MrGrim
Junior
And1: 293

Post#175 » by MrGrim » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:56 am

Profound23 wrote:
prophet_of_rage wrote:
MadDogSHWA wrote:
This is not science.

This is not science.

This is not science.

Thank you because.....

I'm probably going to regret pointing this out, but that article doesn't say the guy caught COVID again; it says he was symptomatic for over two months and was still testing positive. In other words, he never recovered from his initial illness. If you read the article, it says he was feeling better but still not 100 percent as of the beginning of May, which is when the article was written. The article also said the doctors weren't sure if he was still contagious because a positive test result could just mean there was still viral RNA in his body but no active viruses that could infect others. Everything I wrote about is from the article and the doctors quoted within the article. If you don't believe me, click on the link and read it for yourself.

Overall, it seems like people are having trouble with reconciling two simultaneously true facts about the disease:

1) It is a novel disease that will cause a greater than normal number of people 20+ to have at least a very unpleasant illness that may take a couple months to fully recover and may even be fatal, particularly for those who are over 60 years old and/or have a pre-existing condition such as obesity or diabetes.

2) For people of the age and health profile of the average NBA player, the chances of death or even long term damage are fairly remote. Those chances are not nonzero, but they are remote enough that a cautiously optimistic forcast for the situation might predict that the NBA will get through the disease without any players suffering more than a flu-like illness.

In any case, it appears both the NBA and MLB are prepared to accept that at least some players will contract COVID during their seasons. Hopefully none of the players develop serious complications.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 10,792

Post#176 » by eyeatoma » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:20 am

Sofia wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:The NBA will have to require Disney staff to stay in the bubble the way things are going, or they'll absolutely create an outbreak.

Isn’t their union not allowing mandatory testing for Disney staff? Asymptomatic staff could pass basic screening and go in and start serving food to entire teams.

No idea, but I would not be surprised if a union is what keeps the NBA from running a safe restart.
prophet_of_rage
RealGM

Post#177 » by prophet_of_rage » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:02 am

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-0965-6

For those of you who need science. The antibodies last a finite amount of time. Meaning there is a chance of reinfection.

prophet_of_rage
RealGM

Post#178 » by prophet_of_rage » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:05 am

TheDiesel36 wrote:
Profound23 wrote:
MadDogSHWA wrote:
This is not science.

This is not science.

This is not science.

The definition of science is: the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behaviour of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment.

In my evidence-based practice, I witnessed on multiple occasions people catching the coronavirus after recovery. Dr. Fauci, who is a physician and immunologist tells you he has also seen this numerous times. Healthcare is based off science which is an evidence-based study. Not sure how much more science you need than that, but if that isn't good enough for you it is pretty simple. Go find some people who have COVID without a mask or washing your hands until you catch it, recover, and once you test negative again, go around more people who have COVID for the same amount of time without a mask or washing your hands. That will handle the "experiment" part of science since observation wasn't enough for you.

I think this is exactly his/hers point. What you just laid out is anecdotal experience, literally at the bottom of epidemiological hierarchy of evidence. PCR test is fairly reliable, but even then it can post false positives and it also depends on a viral load to yield a positive result and that can fluctuate even after the symptomatic phase is over and PCR can pick that spike up, which is why to be proclaimed healthy a lot of European countries require two or even three negative PCR tests to proclaim the parient virus free and even THEN it is not a guarantee. And there are bound to be people with slight immunodeficits that could catch it and get symptomatic again, but Im guessing that is a miniscule percentage. But ofc no way to know without solid EBM.

And what I have heard from Dr. Fauci is, that there is logical belief there is going to be lasting immunological response in most of a population because other coronaviruses act that way, but of course nobody can be sure yet. Which is an absolutely sound statement. The guy has been great throughout.
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-0965-6

LKN
General Manager
And1: 15,580

Post#179 » by LKN » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:11 am

Glad to see the posters on RealMD think they should be debating an actual RN working a Covid unit over their professional experience.

This place never gets old.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,199

Post#180 » by bondom34 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:53 am

LKN wrote:Glad to see the posters on RealMD think they should be debating an actual RN working a Covid unit over their professional experience.

This place never gets old.

Between this thread and the noose experts (who apparently know more than people who actually investigated )who are suddenly Will Cain fans it's quite the experience.

This is like the guy they interviewed on TV who said he had a family member die and another hospitalized but didn't want to wear a mask because he didn't know what to believe. Just...try to be safe instead of not and then even having that possibility. That's why this is still really bad a lot of places.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO

Return to The General Board