ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks have claimed ex-Net Theo Pinson

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Re: Knicks have claimed ex-Net Theo Pinson 

Post#181 » by MaseInYourFace » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:56 pm

god shammgod wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:Hopefully there is a bigger game being played, as this feels like Trier got traded for LFT.

maybe this was a favor to rich paul, with the hope he'll push lamelo here or trae young who just signed with him and is supposedly unhappy in atlanta and wants a big market

Possibly since that would mean they know Trier can play and getting him out of the way would make our guard situation look even more open that it already is. But we still pretty much letting a decent player we invested some money and time into go for nothing which still kinda bothers me.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,881

Post#182 » by GONYK » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:58 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:
F N 11 wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:
Its basically this right here. This is Brock Aller using this window to get a little tricky with contracts. No risk, but maybe something comes of it. Nothing really major in itself, but when you make a lot of small moves like this some of them are bound to pay off at some point.

Trier wasn’t coming back anyway. Good move

Yeah the incoming admin isn't to blame for what happened with Trier but I feel like prior leadership totally botched Trier's situation. There was no reason Trier shouldn't have gotten heavy minutes on a terrible knicks team.

Other than being the worst defender on the team and almost never passing the ball?
MaseInYourFace
RealGM

Post#183 » by MaseInYourFace » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:59 pm

GONYK wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:
F N 11 wrote:Trier wasn’t coming back anyway. Good move

Yeah the incoming admin isn't to blame for what happened with Trier but I feel like prior leadership totally botched Trier's situation. There was no reason Trier shouldn't have gotten heavy minutes on a terrible knicks team.

Other than being the worst defender on the team and almost never passing the ball?

He's a scorer for the bilionth time. The whole knicks team is trash on defense except for Frank and MItch.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#184 » by GONYK » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:13 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:
GONYK wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:

He's a scorer for the bilionth time. The whole knicks team is trash on defense except for Frank and MItch.

If you make no effort to fit in the team concept, I think it makes sense that the team doesn't play you.

We're talking about him like we invested anything in him asset wise, which we didn't at all, and that he would have garnered anything on the market if we didn't cut him.

Who was going to trade for his $5M contract when he never proved to be able to contribute to a style of play that acknowledges that there are 4 other players on the court? Or when he gave back all his points on the other end?

Trier provided some fun moments in a dark season, but he never even tried to play winning basketball. He was essentially useless off ball as well.

Unless you are going to build around him, which you can't because he doesn't pass, there's no real way to get him on the floor.

We were going to lose him for nothing anyway.
MaseInYourFace
RealGM

Post#185 » by MaseInYourFace » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:18 pm

GONYK wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:
GONYK wrote:Other than being the worst defender on the team and almost never passing the ball?

If you make no effort to fit in the team concept, I think it makes sense that the team doesn't play you.

We're talking about him like we invested anything in him asset wise, which we didn't at all, and that he would have garnered anything on the market if we didn't cut him.

Who was going to trade for his $5M contract when he never proved to be able to contribute to a style of play that acknowledges that there are 4 other players on the court? Or when he gave back all his points on the other end?

Trier provided some fun moments in a dark season, but he never even tried to play winning basketball. He was essentially useless off ball as well.

Unless you are going to build around him, which you can't because he doesn't pass, there's no real way to get him on the floor.

So then be consistent with that. Plenty of guys on the Knicks played for theirs and got minutes.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,006

Post#186 » by god shammgod » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:18 pm

GONYK wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:
GONYK wrote:Other than being the worst defender on the team and almost never passing the ball?

why did we play bobby portis then ? or randle for that matter ? these "rules" didn't really apply to everyone. hell, rj was guilty of this a lot too if we're being honest.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#187 » by GONYK » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:19 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:
GONYK wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:

So then be consistent with that. Plenty of guys on the Knicks played for theirs and got minutes.

No argument there. There are players on still on the team that I'd cut by the end of the day if I could.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#188 » by GONYK » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:20 pm

god shammgod wrote:
GONYK wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:

why did we play bobby portis then ? or randle for that matter ? these "rules" didn't really apply to everyone. hell, rj was guilty of this a lot too if we're being honest.

I'd cut Portis and Randle for Pinson as well
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,333

Post#189 » by Phish Tank » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:41 pm

Trier was hot doo doo.... wouldn’t pass the ball, didn’t shoot enough threes, too selfish, didn’t defend, the list goes on. Teammates couldn’t stand his ball hogging ways. He took the paycheck and didn’t improve one aspect of his game. His high TS means squat when the rest of his game is trash. Also didn’t help that his handlers (mom, aunt, etc) are all super annoying on social media. Fans overrated his true value. He’s a min player at best.

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 81,786

Post#190 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:09 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:
F N 11 wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:
Its basically this right here. This is Brock Aller using this window to get a little tricky with contracts. No risk, but maybe something comes of it. Nothing really major in itself, but when you make a lot of small moves like this some of them are bound to pay off at some point.

Trier wasn’t coming back anyway. Good move

This kind of ignores the fact that Scott Perry was a part of the prior administration and now is part of the current administration.

Anyway, just kidding around. I doubt Perry is the #1 decision maker anymore.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,682

Post#191 » by Jeff Van Gully » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:22 pm

so, what the hell are we doing with pinson?
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,682

Post#192 » by Jeff Van Gully » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:23 pm

Phish Tank wrote:Trier was hot doo doo.... wouldn’t pass the ball, didn’t shoot enough threes, too selfish, didn’t defend, the list goes on. Teammates couldn’t stand his ball hogging ways. He took the paycheck and didn’t improve one aspect of his game. His high TS means squat when the rest of his game is trash. Also didn’t help that his handlers (mom, aunt, etc) are all super annoying on social media. Fans overrated his true value. He’s a min player at best.

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums

i think he has more potential, but i agree that there are factors clearly holding him back.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 99,643

Post#193 » by mpharris36 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:29 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:so, what the hell are we doing with pinson?

it sounds like his contract is structured in a way where it is interesting for Brock Aller for potential trades
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
Knick4Real
General Manager
And1: 7,153

Post#194 » by Knick4Real » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:36 pm

mpharris36 wrote:

it sounds like his contract is structured in a way where it is interesting for Brock Aller for potential trades

THIS!

Don't overthink it.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,180

Post#195 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:05 pm

Trying to figure out how Clyde will pronounce Pinson and what rhymes go with his name
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#196 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:06 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:
F N 11 wrote:Trier wasn’t coming back anyway. Good move

This kind of ignores the fact that Scott Perry was a part of the prior administration and now is part of the current administration.

Anyway, just kidding around. I doubt Perry is the #1 decision maker anymore.

Perry's duties are now:

"you said half & half and two sugars, right?"
MaseInYourFace
RealGM

Post#197 » by MaseInYourFace » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:18 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:

Trying to figure out how Clyde will pronounce Pinson and what rhymes go with his name

Well I doubt he gets to play...
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#198 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:28 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

Well I doubt he gets to play...

does that make him Mr. Grey?
B8RcDeMktfxC
General Manager
And1: 5,355

Post#199 » by B8RcDeMktfxC » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:52 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
knickstape4ever wrote:
Read on Twitter

100% behind this post. This kind of manoeuvre was something the previous regime just didn't seem to be able to consider. There's no guarantee at all that the Knicks benefit from it, but maybe it jostles the pieces a tiny amount that might, just might, end up being +EV for the Knicks.
B8RcDeMktfxC
General Manager
And1: 5,355

Post#200 » by B8RcDeMktfxC » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:55 pm

GONYK wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:
GONYK wrote:

No argument there. There are players on still on the team that I'd cut by the end of the day if I could.

whaow. just killing it. :D

Return to New York Knicks