Vucevic to...

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

BFRESH44
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 10,820

Re: Vucevic to... 

Post#21 » by BFRESH44 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:46 pm

I'd give up the Heat's 2020 first rounder and Kelly Olynyk as a contract filler for Vucevic this summer. Miami would have cap space this summer to absorb the balance of the deal.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,602

Post#22 » by Skybox » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:21 pm

While poring over rosters, CHA is one of the teams that I thought might be a candidate for Vuc but their roster doesn't really interest me...assuming PJ Washington is not available here. No interest in Zeller at all and expirings may not be as intriguing for us as others. How abouthttps://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7303035 plus a 2020 pick swap?

ORL sends Vuc and 2020 frp (15)
CHA sends Batum, Monk, and 2020 frp (8)

Batum is interesting given his history with Evan, his offensive versatility, etc but, obviously has lost a lot of his appeal (maybe just the situation?), Monk has been a huge disappointment but could still be a flamethrower off the bench (with Ross, maybe on the ball?)-he shot awfully but is he NOT a shooter? IDK, the pick swap helps. No question Vuc bumps CHA up with their young guys and if Rozier takes off, they have a nice base...Not my favorite option for ORL, but I'd consider it.
Michaellam1987
Rookie
And1: 357

Post#23 » by Michaellam1987 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:23 pm

SAC may be a feasible destination as they can use Buddy Hield to trade for Vucevic. SAC updated their C position, and clear the logjam and avoid too much money tied on SG position after they resign Bogdanovic. ORL add more shooting and firepower to their G position. They no longer need to worry if Fournier will opt out and become FA, this also give more player time to Bamba to develop
Skybox
RealGM

Post#24 » by Skybox » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:24 pm

BFRESH44 wrote:I'd give up the Heat's 2020 first rounder and Kelly Olynyk as a contract filler for Vucevic this summer. Miami would have cap space this summer to absorb the balance of the deal.

I'd want more...one of the young guys that MIA probably won't add. Not a salary dump for ORL and the pick is meh.

Plus, it'd be tough to watch Vuc maul Bamba in the paint 4x next year. :oops:
NotACat
Veteran
And1: 1,300

Post#25 » by NotACat » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:30 pm

Skybox wrote:
scottyg wrote:I kinda want the bulls to get him for Wendall Carter and Felicios exp contract, I think Carter and Bamba and Issac could be a defensive nightmare for teams and young enough to grow together and think Vucevic and Markannen could build something sweet !

Not getting this at all from ORL's perspective. WCJ plays the same way as Vuc, but nowhere near as well. I'm interested in system change, not just dumping a good player for a similar but lesser guy and as expiring. Not sure how plodding WCJ plays 4 next to Bamba (who also can't play 4)...would be a bigger mess than now.

OPJ, if healthy, would be a huge upgrade over AG. We could flip AG for anything we want without worrying about the roster fit
Black Lives Matter
Skybox
RealGM

Post#26 » by Skybox » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:33 pm

Michaellam1987 wrote:SAC may be a feasible destination as they can use Buddy Hield to trade for Vucevic. SAC updated their C position, and clear the logjam and avoid too much money tied on SG position after they resign Bogdanovic. ORL add more shooting and firepower to their G position. They no longer need to worry if Fournier will opt out and become FA, this also give more player time to Bamba to develop

Maybe...I'm a little concerned that ORL, maybe, is more in need of an offensive creator more than just a gunner. Not sure where Hield would fit (unless Evan walks). I'd probably do it...what are the terms of Hield's new deal? Perhaps if we included Aminu vs Bjelica or a pick swap. The fact that superstar scorer Hield got benched on a team fighting for a playoff spot does concern me. On the surface, you'd think Hield is a perfect pairing with Fox...what's the problem?
Michaellam1987
Rookie
And1: 357

Post#27 » by Michaellam1987 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:59 pm

Skybox wrote:
Michaellam1987 wrote:SAC may be a feasible destination as they can use Buddy Hield to trade for Vucevic. SAC updated their C position, and clear the logjam and avoid too much money tied on SG position after they resign Bogdanovic. ORL add more shooting and firepower to their G position. They no longer need to worry if Fournier will opt out and become FA, this also give more player time to Bamba to develop

Maybe...I'm a little concerned that ORL, maybe, is more in need of an offensive creator more than just a gunner. Not sure where Hield would fit (unless Evan walks). I'd probably do it...what are the terms of Hield's new deal? Perhaps if we included Aminu vs Bjelica or a pick swap. The fact that superstar scorer Hield got benched on a team fighting for a playoff spot does concern me. On the surface, you'd think Hield is a perfect pairing with Fox...what's the problem?

Hield’s contract is 94m for 4 years, so similar salary per year as compared to Vucevic. The main concept here is about roster fit. Hield is a scorer, that can get 20+ points easily when given sufficient usage. He is below average defensively and hence you can imagine not a good fit with Fox, who also need ball on his hand to be effective and also not a good defender. On the other hand, Fultz/Hield may fit each other better, Hield can share more ball handling and Fultz can help cover Hield’s defensive weakness. With Hield, you can simply let Evan leave if he really opts out, and can trade him for some assets in return if he opts in and become an expiring contract. I believe ORL is really in a difficult position to determine whether to resign Evan or not, with Hield, this problem is solved.
orlando_joe
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,659

Post#28 » by orlando_joe » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:31 pm

this magic fan would rather sign fournier for less then hield..hield is looking like a real bad contract..heck i like ross better at half cost and a yr less at least he knows his roll..a 6th man
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,584

Post#29 » by pacers33granger » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:51 pm

BFRESH44 wrote:I'd give up the Heat's 2020 first rounder and Kelly Olynyk as a contract filler for Vucevic this summer. Miami would have cap space this summer to absorb the balance of the deal.

Wouldn't that put a damper on 2021 free agency though? And beyond that, seems expensive for someone who would be a backup.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,744

Post#30 » by gswhoops » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:14 pm

Vuc is a hard player to value. He’s obviously good and could help a lot of teams. OTOH, he’s a highly-paid non-superstar at a rapidly devaluing position, and his defensive issues make it hard for me to see how a team could really go far with him as a featured player

I think the most we could offer is Wiggins and our 2021 first, and I’d imagine that’s a pretty easy pass from Orlando.
Skybox
RealGM

Post#31 » by Skybox » Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:05 pm

Another option...SAS may not be "a player away" but, if Pop wants to take another shot, he might like this. I really like it for both teams with a variety of timelines, present and future considered for both..https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7303115

ORL sends Vuc and opt-in Fournier
SAS sends opt-in Derozan, Patty Mills, Lonnie Walker

Spurs come back strong with savvy veteran team, threats from all spots including LMA, Rudy Gay, Murray, Bellinelli, heady young guys like White and Murray, shooting ace with Forbes and, possibly, Keldon Johnson makes them forget Walker's flashes. These guys move the ball, know how to get buckets and trust Pop's plan to get them in contention for a year or two. DeRozan really didn't fit with Pop. Mills does but his salary is big for a backup and SAS have a couple young guys ready to supplant him. I could see Vuc and Evan really flourishing with Pop taking advantage of their versatile skill sets and veteran savvy. This could be a fun team to watch (for a year or two) which would be Pop's timeline.

ORL benefits immediately with DD's scoring and Mills is a very solid backup/mentor to Fultz. Lonnie Walker is the guy I really want. I think he benefits from playing with (and eventually replacing) Derozan. He creates plays, he gets to the rim, he can shoot from all over and he's super athletic. As always, a lot depends on Bamba clicking but this roster has a lot of firepower and future upside. Listed in traditional positions but lots of interchangeability...
Fultz/Mills/MCW
DeRozan/Walker
Isaac/TRoss/#15
Gordon/Okeke/Aminu
Bamba/Birch (I could also see some variations with Aminu or Isaac shifting to Center and also probably pickup a "goon" vet)
Jack Dempsey
Pro Prospect
And1: 514

Post#32 » by Jack Dempsey » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:10 pm

Lonnie Walker has Superstar potential. That would be huge for Orlando but I can't see the Spurs being interested in trading him, epsecially not for Vuc & Evan. And DeRozan isn't worth it at all.
Skybox
RealGM

Post#33 » by Skybox » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:12 pm

Jack Dempsey wrote:Lonnie Walker has Superstar potential. That would be huge for Orlando but I can't see the Spurs being interested in trading him, epsecially not for Vuc & Evan. And DeRozan isn't worth it at all.

I was hoping the Spurs wouldn't notice I snuck him in there :wink:

Or that Pop would sellout his team for an all-in old guy run at a ring, future be damned!
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,594

Post#34 » by NYG » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:46 am

What about a non-extended Hayward for Vuc 1 for 1?
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,288

Post#35 » by Godaddycurse » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:58 am

Jack Dempsey wrote:Lonnie Walker has Superstar potential. That would be huge for Orlando but I can't see the Spurs being interested in trading him, epsecially not for Vuc & Evan. And DeRozan isn't worth it at all.

I mean the guy shot well from 3 and is young, but with a TS of 51.5%/PER 11/BPM -3.2, I'm not sure i see superstar potential..?
Creativetran
Senior
And1: 281

Post#36 » by Creativetran » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:23 pm

I would definitely be down for this even though I think Vucevic is the better player. The problem is we seen enough of this guy on the Magic, it's time to go in another direction even though he's our best player.
Skybox
RealGM

Post#37 » by Skybox » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:55 pm

NYG wrote:What about a non-extended Hayward for Vuc 1 for 1?

I'd have to think that agents must talk about likelihood of re-signing. No guarantees but a little hint re: likelihood...if he was willing to give ORL serious consideration, I'd do it. I think he'd be great in ORL and would reclaim his All-Star profile and make the young bigs look great with his smart play and scoring ability.

Cap room is not ORL's highest priority at this point, but that would be worst scenario and, unless Hayward was dead set against ORL life, I'm confident he'd like the organization, the community, the taxes, etc
Bentley1225
RealGM
And1: 1,562

Post#38 » by Bentley1225 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:09 pm

Ive always toyed with thought of a deal involving DeRozan/Mills/Future 1st for Vucevic/Ross/Future 2nds

Fultz/Mills/2nd
DeRozan/1st/Frazier
Isaac/Fournier/Iwundu
Gordon/Aminu/Clark?
Bamba/FA?/Birch

Murray/White/2nd
Ross/Walker/FA?
Gay/Johnson/1st
Aldridge/Lyles?/Samanic
Vucevic/Poeltl/Metu
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,152

Post#39 » by zaymon » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:09 pm

Bentley1225 wrote:Ive always toyed with thought of a deal involving DeRozan/Mills/Future 1st for Vucevic/Ross/Future 2nds

Fultz/Mills/2nd
DeRozan/1st/Frazier
Isaac/Fournier/Iwundu
Gordon/Aminu/Clark?
Bamba/FA?/Birch

Murray/White/2nd
Ross/Walker/FA?
Gay/Johnson/1st
Aldridge/Lyles?/Samanic
Vucevic/Poeltl/Metu

There is no spacing in that lineup you proposed for orlando. There is also no need to give up anything for derozan given his contract and situation in san antonio.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
Magic_Johnny12
RealGM
And1: 8,454

Post#40 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:04 pm

The sad reality is Bamba isn’t ready to start and Orlando desperately needs scoring so by default Vucevic fills that void.

I think Gordon will be dealt a lot sooner than we ever consider dealing Vucevic unfortunately. I tend to agree we need to figure out that before any Vucevic trades
PM me if you can help a brotha finally get an AVI.

Return to Trades and Transactions