Kemba Walker or Kyle Lowry

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

jg77
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,422

Re: Kemba Walker or Kyle Lowry 

Post#41 » by jg77 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:44 pm

I'd rather have Kemba.
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,685

Post#42 » by Duffman100 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:46 pm

GiannisAnte34 wrote:if the thread is literally all Raptors posters, can it be moved to the Raptors board?

Better question is are you able to resist the urge to post / whine / complain in Raptors related posts?

So far, the answer is no.
WestbrookGOATed
Veteran
And1: 2,381

Post#43 » by WestbrookGOATed » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:50 pm

Kemba.
Stark
Junior
And1: 671

Post#44 » by Stark » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:58 pm

Well as most of the posters said Walker is the better scorer but Lowry's all around game is better. It kinda depends on the fit. For example for Orlando Kemba would be a better choice but for a team like Suns Lowry's defence and less ball dominant style would be better. However if i had to pick one i would choose Lowry. Kemba is a flashy scorer and can get you buckets but Lowry even though his shots are not fallin he impacts the game so many different ways. Sort of a player that you need if you are building a contender. Those type of intangibles, to me more important than a volume scorer. Both great players with big hearts tho.
docholliday99
Sixth Man
And1: 895

Post#45 » by docholliday99 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:06 pm

I've always been a Raptor fan and for me this is an interesting question. I really REALLY wanted TO to draft Walker back in 2011 instead of the lumbering JV. Loved KW then and thought he had all the tools to be a great player. Of course, the Raps didn't and then acquired Lowry in 2012 (turned out ok ;) ). It's interesting to me as I see Kemba to be a younger version of Lowry. Yes Kemba scores a couple more ppg and Lowry counters with a few more apg. Lowry definitely quarterbacks better, though Kemba doesn't really need to in Boston since Hayward, Brown and Tatum and can all create. Both have almost identical shooting percentages including EFG% and both are great defenders with Lowry having the edge. Today I would keep Lowry over Walker simply because Lowry has won it all, he knows what it takes to win and he brings those intangibles to a roster that he's clearly the captain and leader of (I only say this because Walker hasn't really had a chance to compete at that playoff level yet so I don't know how he'll respond).
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Post#46 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:09 pm

If I had to win today....I'd take Lowry.
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,064

Post#47 » by YogurtProducer » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:12 pm

Biggest argument is that Kemba is a better scorer but honestly... is he? Lowry scores 1.5 less points on significantly better efficiency (58.9TS vs 56.9) plus is better facilitator, defender, and pretty much every other aspect of basketball.
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
rtiff68
Veteran
And1: 3,709

Post#48 » by rtiff68 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:16 pm

I’d take Lowry, but it’s a comparison worth making. People acting like it’s a ridiculous question aren’t being objective.

When a franchise wins its first title, the best player on that team typically holds a very special spot in the hearts of that team’s fans, which can lead to said player being overrated by said fans.

Because Kawhi was a “1-and-done,” and Siakam was a recent addition, Lowry became the recipient of that “love.”

It’s funny, because Lowry was underrated for years. Now, not so much...
YogurtProducer
RealGM

Post#49 » by YogurtProducer » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:16 pm

Ill News wrote:Lowry's much more well-rounded than Kemba, and he's proven himself in last year's playoff run (even though his past playoffs were subpar).

Kemba's a better scorer, and that's about it.

His past playoffs were subpar? He was good in 2014, and then bad (shooting wise) in 2015 when he was injured against Washington. In 2016 in the ECF run, he had a massive elbow injury and was still pretty freakin' good in all aspects outside of shooting the ball.

Since then in 2017, 18, and 19 he has been pretty fantastic. 15/6 58.6TS%, 17/9 65.9TS%, and 14/6 57.6TS%. I saw a post (cannot confirm this) that he actually averaged 26 and 6 on 46% in elimination games as well over the last 5 years or something. This "poor playoff performer" label is just wrong
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
SFour
RealGM
And1: 58,388

Post#50 » by SFour » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:17 pm

Kemba is a better scorer, that's about it though...and he's done nothing in the playoffs. Last time Kemba was in the playoffs he averaged 22.7 points on 21.9 shots
YogurtProducer
RealGM

Post#51 » by YogurtProducer » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:17 pm

rtiff68 wrote:I’d take Lowry, but it’s a comparison worth making. People acting like it’s a ridiculous question aren’t being objective.

When a franchise wins its first title, the best player on that team typically holds a very special spot in the hearts of that team’s fans, which can lead to said player being overrated by said fans.

Because Kawhi was a “1-and-done,” and Siakam was a recent addition, Lowry became the recipient of that “love.”

People give Lowry more respect than they did in 2017 when he was a 22/7 and 62TS% player and was arguably one of the best top 10-12 players in the league.
rtiff68
Veteran
And1: 3,709

Post#52 » by rtiff68 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:32 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:
rtiff68 wrote:I’d take Lowry, but it’s a comparison worth making. People acting like it’s a ridiculous question aren’t being objective.

People give Lowry more respect than they did in 2017 when he was a 22/7 and 62TS% player and was arguably one of the best top 10-12 players in the league.

...and that’s a bit of a stretch, and kind of proves my point (because, without even looking, I’m pretty positive that you’re a Raptors’ fan).

I would say he was definitely closer to 20th than 10th.
Braggins
RealGM
And1: 8,144

Post#53 » by Braggins » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:42 pm

They are about the same level and who you take for your team is more about fit/need than anything.

People holding it against Kemba that he hasn't done anything in the playoffs are being kind of absurd, though. The three best players hes played with his entire career are Al Jefferson, Nic Batum, and Jeremy Lamb (Lamb was literally the 2nd best player the last two years in CHA)... Hes played exactly one season for a franchise that wasn't a complete dumpster fire and they are on a 55 win pace and besides Milwaukee have as good a shot as anyone in their conference of making it to the finals. Its not like the Celtics team is stacked or anything either and they are actually doing better with Kemba than a lot of people expected.

Lowry is a fantastic player whos been underrated for years, but so is Kemba.
Braggins
RealGM
And1: 8,144

Post#54 » by Braggins » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:47 pm

Lets just marvel at the fact that two years ago most people on here would scoff at the idea that either were even in the same league as Kyrie.
GiannisAnte34
Starter
And1: 1,817

Post#55 » by GiannisAnte34 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:52 pm

Duffman100 wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:if the thread is literally all Raptors posters, can it be moved to the Raptors board?

Better question is are you able to resist the urge to post / whine / complain in Raptors related posts?

My post count would need to be significantly higher if your claim was true, given that there are dozens of Raptors threads on a weekly basis on the General Board, I mean Raptors General Board

Good attitude as a moderator though, very professional

Keep that same energy the next time a thread that has nothing to do with the Raptors morphs into a Raptors tangent
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors

Post#56 » by Duffman100 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:55 pm

GiannisAnte34 wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:

My post count would need to be significantly higher if your claim was true, given that there are dozens of Raptors threads on a weekly basis on the General Board, I mean Raptors General Board

Checks the last 10 pages. Don't see that many. Clearly you have an obsession where you invade every thread and troll.

But yeah, it's my attitude that's the problem
GiannisAnte34
Starter

Post#57 » by GiannisAnte34 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:56 pm

Duffman100 wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:

Checks the last 10 pages. Don't see that many. Clearly you have an obsession where you invade every thread and troll.

Oh you must be confused. I edited my post to include threads that in fact do not have anything to do with the Raptors but inevitably become Raptors topics
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors

Post#58 » by Duffman100 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:58 pm

GiannisAnte34 wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:

Oh you must be confused. I edited my post to include threads that in fact do not have anything to do with the Raptors but inevitably become Raptors topics

Ooph, losing 4 in a row really took its toll eh?
GiannisAnte34
Starter

Post#59 » by GiannisAnte34 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:59 pm

Duffman100 wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:

Ooph, losing 4 in a row really took its toll eh?

Ah I see, so as a moderator it's okay for you to devolve into antagonizing

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1972287
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1972362
ThumbsUpBaby
Head Coach
And1: 10,824

Post#60 » by ThumbsUpBaby » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:03 pm

Kyle Lowry is the better player while Kemba is the better scorer. In the long run, I'd keep Kemba. But if I wanted my team to win this year? Lowry would be the better option.

Return to The General Board