ImageImageImageImageImage

Moar COVID 19 talk.

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 28,567

Re: Moar COVID 19 talk. 

Post#161 » by Fat Kat » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:49 pm

Just drove past a youth football camp practice here in Arlington TX. Obviously no mask. Buckle up folks. We’re in for a long ride.
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,169

Post#162 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:55 pm

robillionaire wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Thepaintismine wrote:
Ouch Bro! I don't think Trump said dat! :lol:

I B more worried about the Governors who forced old folks with CV19 into nursing homes. That added at least 20,000 deaths!
Outright murder yo!

Yo! Take yo right wing bullsh*t somewhere else

ballboy been posting his trumpian propaganda ever since registering lol

Thepaintismine is taking this ribbing like a champ! :lol: I think he deserves a promotion.
POSTING POLICIES:
1. Posts are dictated but not proofread most of the time. It depends.
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,177

Post#163 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:58 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:Oh my lord. Floridians are crazy

Omg. Get a load of the woke christian lunatic at the beginning of the clip.

Did they find the best collection of maniac karens to testify? Holy sh*t.

Like I've been saying all along, it is a chit show down here. I wear a gas mask with two N95 filters on the rare occasion I step into a store, because Florida is crawling with knuckle draggers who think they are exercising their freedom by not wearing a mask. Almost everyone I speak to locally has still got their head up their azz.

The Tampa Bay area is turning into the one of the hot zones outside of Miami-Dade Country and it is exponentiating here from hundreds of new daily cases to thousands.

What I expect this to mean is any efforts at containment in other parts of the country will be corrupted by the growth of these hot zones around the country. It basically takes 90-95% of people wearing masks in public to flatten the curve and, frankly, too many Americans just don't give a damn.

Europe is flipping us off now and saying hey knuckle draggers you're not welcome here.

The only potential upside now is if herd immunity is a thing, then we're well on our way to achieving it. All along, I assumed that 10-20x the people were infected vs. those confirmed. Now the CDC is saying it is 5-10X so I figure my 10X guesstimate was on the money.

Nationally, we've had 31M tested and over 2.5M infections and 127k Dead.

So on a 10X factor, that may project to over 25M infected and 1.25M dead if these hot zones continue and then spread it everywhere else which seems likely IMO.

Last thing, Florida is suppressing data still as far as I can tell. They fired their chief statistician for fighting back against DeSantis' demands to suppress covid data. And I recently read that Florida is keeping the death count low by only documenting deaths in the ICU and not people who obviously succumbed to covid under less controlled circumstances.

The medical system in Arizona is on the brink. Florida looks like it is next.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#164 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:27 pm

The virus is more dangerous than we thought. Scientists just now beginning to understand the full nature of it.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/scientists-just-beginning-to-understand-the-many-health-problems-caused-by-covid-19_n_5ef77886c5b6acab28426268
POSTING POLICIES:
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#165 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:17 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:The virus is more dangerous than we thought. Scientists just now beginning to understand the full nature of it.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/scientists-just-beginning-to-understand-the-many-health-problems-caused-by-covid-19_n_5ef77886c5b6acab28426268

I keep telling people who refuse to listen to protect themselves, because it is not just who dies from this, but also how many end up with lifelong health issues due to organ damage.

This is still "just the flu" to large parts of the population, so even when they see the numbers soaring they are still under the false impression this is just about whether or not they have the sniffles for a couple of weeks.

The lies coming out the WH and Fox News caused great damage because so many people are stupid enough to keep repeating bad info from several months ago and they make zero efforts to upgrade their knowledge.
SARGO127
General Manager
And1: 3,077

Post#166 » by SARGO127 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:01 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,436

Post#167 » by j4remi » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:24 pm

Helpful site here, you can search by state or county and get some useful information quickly:

https://www.covidactnow.org/?fbclid=IwAR06tl53mWnVWow_4kPbSaPfx87uTTiytnQWkiz0OzdyIHvfltYIEYqisxg&s=58173
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,608

Post#168 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:15 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:Oh my lord. Trump supporters are crazy

Fixed

Another one
Read on Twitter
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
EnigmatiC
General Manager
And1: 1,435

Post#169 » by EnigmatiC » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:42 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:Oh my lord. Trump supporters are crazy

Fixed

Another one
Read on Twitter

The real scary part here is these people are voters :o
Fat Kat
RealGM

Post#170 » by Fat Kat » Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:06 am

All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
drekwins
Head Coach
And1: 4,116

Post#171 » by drekwins » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:06 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:The virus is more dangerous than we thought. Scientists just now beginning to understand the full nature of it.

I keep telling people who refuse to listen to protect themselves, because it is not just who dies from this, but also how many end up with lifelong health issues due to organ damage.

This is still "just the flu" to large parts of the population, so even when they see the numbers soaring they are still under the false impression this is just about whether or not they have the sniffles for a couple of weeks.

The lies coming out the WH and Fox News caused great damage because so many people are stupid enough to keep repeating bad info from several months ago and they make zero efforts to upgrade their knowledge.

I really don't trust the red states to report accurate death numbers. Abbott and DeSantis are shaking in their pants, knowing full well that their reputation is tied to the outcome of the virus.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#172 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:36 am

drekwins wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

I really don't trust the red states to report accurate death numbers. Abbott and DeSantis are shaking in their pants, knowing full well that their reputation is tied to the outcome of the virus.

DeSantis reputation is already ruined among any sentient Floridian which is admittedly a minority of the state's population.

It has been reported by numerous people from hospitals or leaked by state officials that DeSantis has blocked as much data as he could, but the surge is overwhelming so he can only suppress a portion of it. It's too big now to minimize it.

I'd bet the amount of covid deaths in Florida are at least double what has been reported since that is the key number DeSantis tried to suppress the most. We know that 40% or more of covid deaths come from assisted living facilities and it appears those numbers were suppressed in Florida. Considering this state is a retirement home, I'd say that means thousands of covid deaths in Florida are not accounted for.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#173 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:45 am

drekwins wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

They should go down and go down quickly. They let the inmates runs the asylum and this is the result. They're incompetent Trump cocksuckers who sell their own people out for a buck.
POSTING POLICIES:
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#174 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:46 am

Fat Kat wrote:Image

Perfect!
POSTING POLICIES:
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 81,784

Post#175 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:17 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
drekwins wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

DeSantis reputation is already ruined among any sentient Floridian which is admittedly a minority of the state's population.

It has been reported by numerous people from hospitals or leaked by state officials that DeSantis has blocked as much data as he could, but the surge is overwhelming so he can only suppress a portion of it. It's too big now to minimize it.

I'd bet the amount of covid deaths in Florida are at least double what has been reported since that is the key number DeSantis tried to suppress the most. We know that 40% or more of covid deaths come from assisted living facilities and it appears those numbers were suppressed in Florida. Considering this state is a retirement home, I'd say that means thousands of covid deaths in Florida are not accounted for.

Yo B, but wut about does non sentient people!
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#176 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:33 am

thebuzzardman wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
drekwins wrote:

Yo B, but wut about does non sentient people!

Oh, you mean these guys?

They Got an Upgrade

Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#177 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:38 am

Just a thought:

NYC was the site of large demonstrations, but perhaps enough of the participants wore masks thus preventing a larger surge in cases.

Maybe this mask thing is not such a bad idea after all.
Thepaintismine
Sophomore
And1: 96

Post#178 » by Thepaintismine » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:20 pm

robillionaire wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Thepaintismine wrote:
Ouch Bro! I don't think Trump said dat! :lol:

I B more worried about the Governors who forced old folks with CV19 into nursing homes. That added at least 20,000 deaths!
Outright murder yo!

Yo! Take yo right wing bullsh*t somewhere else

ballboy been posting his trumpian propaganda ever since registering lol

What does what those peeps have to do with Trump? I am mixed on a lot o politics.
They did some bad shizz against some oldies in nursing homes.
That has nuttin to do with Trumpy.
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 40,643

Post#179 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:42 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Fat Kat
RealGM

Post#180 » by Fat Kat » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:26 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
drekwins wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

They should go down and go down quickly. They let the inmates runs the asylum and this is the result. They're incompetent Trump cocksuckers who sell their own people out for a buck.

Return to New York Knicks