ImageImageImageImageImage

Raps 2020 Picks (Prospect Watch, Update: Vecenie Mock Released)

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

HeadtopChunes
Head Coach
And1: 10,224

Re: Raps 2020 Picks (Prospect Watch, Update: Vecenie Mock Released) 

Post#1761 » by HeadtopChunes » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:42 pm

JShuttlesworth
General Manager
And1: 12,813

Post#1762 » by JShuttlesworth » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:02 pm

Part of me thinks we're all over thinking this and the first round pick is going to be Daniel Oturu.
RaptorsNorth
RealGM
And1: 13,757

Post#1763 » by RaptorsNorth » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:11 pm

Masai will pick somebody we’ve hardly heard about and it wouldn’t shock me if it was an African player. Remember they hired that lady to keep an eye on African talent.
“Elephant in the room : Nick Thibodeau” Board member seanbig :lol: :lol: :lol:

"THEY'RE SAYING US AND GOLDEN STATE ARE THE SUPER TEAMS" Knicks PG Derrick Rose :lol:
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,545

Post#1764 » by Psubs » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:07 pm

RaptorsNorth wrote:Masai will pick somebody we’ve hardly heard about and it wouldn’t shock me if it was an African player. Remember they hired that lady to keep an eye on African talent.

We've talked about them.

Jordan Nwora
Amar Sylla
Mamadi Diakite
Paul Eboua

https://www.wolfgangsport.com/2020/04/nba-draft-2020-projections-predicts-seven-nigerians-to-feature-as-africas-future-basketball-stars/

Whoa, they are all of Nigerian descent, particularly.
Dalek
RealGM
And1: 9,134

Post#1765 » by Dalek » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:41 pm

Psubs wrote:
RaptorsNorth wrote:Masai will pick somebody we’ve hardly heard about and it wouldn’t shock me if it was an African player. Remember they hired that lady to keep an eye on African talent.

We've talked about them.

Jordan Nwora
Amar Sylla
Mamadi Diakite
Paul Eboua

https://www.wolfgangsport.com/2020/04/nba-draft-2020-projections-predicts-seven-nigerians-to-feature-as-africas-future-basketball-stars/

It is Bobby doing the picking and I don't think it has to be an African player. They pick 2 way players who are gym rats who have progressed year after year.

To me, guys like Jalen Smith, Chris Smith, Devon Dotson, Elijah Hughes show a positive trend in that direction.

The only wrinkle may be that they take a college freshman because they like the upside and see something special about them (Nnaji, Stewart, Williams) which is fairly uncharted territory for Bobby.
Dalek
RealGM

Post#1766 » by Dalek » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:48 pm

I am really stuck between two C's that could end up at our 28 pick.

Zeke Nnaji because he is a great runner, quick leaper and can shoot it from a two to three levels.

Jalen Smith is the prototype that can step in for Boucher right away. He is mobile, can shoot off movement and plays fearlessly. He reminds me of Larry Sanders at VCU. He can move around like a SF.

Read on Twitter

My only reservations are I like Nnaji more because he has a thicker base. He moves people inside while Smith is not physically developed enough. He is narrow like Boucher is which worries me a bit.
Mark_83
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,138

Post#1767 » by Mark_83 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:07 am

I'm about 89% locked in on either Reed or Tillman at 28 (maybe both If we can buy an early 2nd).

Tillman set a NCAA record in box plus minus, and Reed's defensive stats and physical tools are elite.

I think Tillman can be like a Horford lite, and Reed can be the type of guy you can throw on a Giannis that would really be able to physically hang with him.

The best 1-on-1 defense I've ever seen on Giannis was Bam. Bam matches up well because he's got size (6'9), length (7'2), strength (242), and quickness.

Pascal has the size (6'9), length (7'3), quickness, but not the bulk (220).

OG has the length (7'2), strength (235), and quickness, but not the height (6'7).

I think Reed also matches up well in size (6'9), length (7'2) and quickness, and while he's only 220 like Siakam his frame looks like he can easily add another 10-15 pounds of muscle.
Mark_83
Assistant Coach

Post#1768 » by Mark_83 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:11 am

Psubs wrote:

We've talked about them.

Jordan Nwora
Amar Sylla
Mamadi Diakite
Paul Eboua

I think Sylla took himself out. But I take Diakite all day every day at 58 if he's there. I would even trade up in the second cause I know he wont make it there.
Psubs
RealGM

Post#1769 » by Psubs » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:04 am

Dalek wrote:I am really stuck between two C's that could end up at our 28 pick.

Zeke Nnaji because he is a great runner, quick leaper and can shoot it from a two to three levels.

Jalen Smith is the prototype that can step in for Boucher right away. He is mobile, can shoot off movement and plays fearlessly. He reminds me of Larry Sanders at VCU. He can move around like a SF.

My only reservations are I like Nnaji more because he has a thicker base. He moves people inside while Smith is not physically developed enough. He is narrow like Boucher is which worries me a bit.

For some reason Nnaji seems "soft" as a player.
Syd-TK3
RealGM
And1: 17,525

Post#1771 » by Syd-TK3 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:55 pm

Psubs wrote:

Yeah I'm actually surprised by the Nnaji love here, based on the bigs in our range he doesn't really interest me
JShuttlesworth
General Manager
And1: 12,813

Post#1772 » by JShuttlesworth » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:40 pm

Here's a cool video of Xavier Tillman, giving you a sense of who he is as a person. I know he has a decent following in this thread.

Tillman and Oturu are my two favourite bigs in our range.
Psubs
RealGM

Post#1773 » by Psubs » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:55 pm

Syd-TK3 wrote:
Psubs wrote:

Yeah I'm actually surprised by the Nnaji love here, based on the bigs in our range he doesn't really interest me

Ya, I see Bebe 2.0, maybe he becomes a rich man's version of him.
Syd-TK3
RealGM
And1: 17,525

Post#1774 » by Syd-TK3 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:58 pm

Psubs wrote:
Syd-TK3 wrote:
Psubs wrote:

Ya, I see Bebe 2.0, maybe he becomes a rich man's version of him.

He's not really like Bebe. Lucas was way longer, a good shot blocker and a underated passer. Nnaji's rim protection is basically non existent. He's more of a hustle/athletic guy with good pick and pop shooting
Mark_83
Assistant Coach

Post#1775 » by Mark_83 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:41 pm

Syd-TK3 wrote:
Psubs wrote:

I'm in the same boat. Not really a big fan, and I've watched quite a bit of him since I heard our scouts were watching him at a game.
Dalek
RealGM

Post#1776 » by Dalek » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:22 am

Syd-TK3 wrote:
Psubs wrote:

I think it might just be me who likes Nnaji. To me he is easily plugs in as a high energy big out of the gate. Key is he is not a guy you have to play as a drop back big on defense -- he can play scramble defense without an issue.

Look at his mobility:
Read on Twitter

His motor is also elite for a big man:
Read on Twitter

His offense has shown some ability as a pick and pop guy, coupled with his post scoring with either hand. He also has shown pretty solid flashes as a three point shooter. I can't really find too many flaws with him. I mean he was a freshman who came in pretty much an unknown who ended up with a better season than the other two lottery type prospects he played with.
BoyzNTheHood
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,683

Post#1777 » by BoyzNTheHood » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:56 am

JShuttlesworth wrote:Here's a cool video of Xavier Tillman, giving you a sense of who he is as a person. I know he has a decent following in this thread.

Tillman and Oturu are my two favourite bigs in our range.

He's such an impressive guy. The more responsibility you give him the better he does. He's the type of player that would stay with the same franchise for their entire career and end up being one of the all-time fan favourites. Just a dependable, reliable, stand-up guy who just happens to be a beast on the court as well.
deeps6x wrote:I guarantee you that (Jaylen) Brown and (Kris) Dunn are drafted OUT of the top 5.
HeadtopChunes
Head Coach

Post#1778 » by HeadtopChunes » Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:40 am

Dalek wrote:
Syd-TK3 wrote:
Psubs wrote:

I think it might just be me who likes Nnaji. To me he is easily plugs in as a high energy big out of the gate. Key is he is not a guy you have to play as a drop back big on defense -- he can play scramble defense without an issue.

Look at his mobility:
Read on Twitter

His motor is also elite for a big man:
Read on Twitter

His offense has shown some ability as a pick and pop guy, coupled with his post scoring with either hand. He also has shown pretty solid flashes as a three point shooter. I can't really find too many flaws with him. I mean he was a freshman who came in pretty much an unknown who ended up with a better season than the other two lottery type prospects he played with.

Same I like Nnaji, most mobile big in the class. Good finisher and good shooting prospect. Rim Protection can be taught and is more than block numbers. Could be a Richauln Holmes type player.
Mark_83
Assistant Coach

Post#1779 » by Mark_83 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:47 am

I don't know why but I have a feeling Josh Green might drop close to our pick. What do you guys think of his game? Well-built 6'6 with a 6'10 wingspan, and elite athleticism. Very good defender and can handle and make plays on offense. Didn't shoot great early, but improved a lot to close out the season, and his shooting form looks pretty good.

I'm still leaning big, but you gotta go BPA if it's there. Imagine the fits a combo of Green, OG, and Siakam would give teams on defense. Would be a good replacement for Norm if we let him go as he has better size than TDIII to guard wings.
HeadtopChunes
Head Coach

Post#1780 » by HeadtopChunes » Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:20 am

Mark_83 wrote:I don't know why but I have a feeling Josh Green might drop close to our pick. What do you guys think of his game? Well-built 6'6 with a 6'10 wingspan, and elite athleticism. Very good defender and can handle and make plays on offense. Didn't shoot great early, but improved a lot to close out the season, and his shooting form looks pretty good.

I'm still leaning big, but you gotta go BPA if it's there. Imagine the fits a combo of Green, OG, and Siakam would give teams on defense. Would be a good replacement for Norm if we let him go as he has better size than TDIII to guard wings.

I'd be fine with taking him but I disagree with he can handle. I don't think he has much of a handle at all. His offense is pretty concerning to me IMO. Bad finisher despite his athleticism, okay shooter, and bad handle for a perimeter player. He's basically all transition offense and wide-open 3s right now.

The defense is good but IDK if it's super impactful at 6'5, depends on whos on the board but for our team at 28 still not a bad pick as a possible role player.

Return to Toronto Raptors