Total votes: 42

Roddy B for 3
Analyst
And1: 1,039

Re: consensus big board -- who is #29? 

Post#41 » by Roddy B for 3 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:31 pm

clyde21 wrote:
Roddy B for 3 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:Stewy has an elite wingspan and is plenty mobile, strong as an ox too, he has a + physical profile for sure so not really sure where these size/athletic question marks are coming from tbh

I assume your replying to me.

You asked a direct question. I gave my personal, direct answer to that, direct question.

I'll ask you. Do you have Wiseman higher than Stewart? If so, why?

Wiseman is #6
Stewy is #10

both tier 3

and that's my point, per this poll Wiseman is a top 3 prospect but Stewy barely even top 30

why?

Are you asking, me? Because I quoted that same question from you and answered it about 2 posts ago.
7/1/2019
(I broke a mirror on 7-1-2012)
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,126

Post#42 » by clyde21 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:48 pm

Roddy B for 3 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
Roddy B for 3 wrote:
I assume your replying to me.

You asked a direct question. I gave my personal, direct answer to that, direct question.

I'll ask you. Do you have Wiseman higher than Stewart? If so, why?

Wiseman is #6
Stewy is #10

both tier 3

and that's my point, per this poll Wiseman is a top 3 prospect but Stewy barely even top 30

why?

Are you asking, me? Because I quoted that same question from you and answered it about 2 posts ago.

and i wasn't satisfied with your answer, that's why you came back and asked me where i rank them...
Roddy B for 3
Analyst

Post#43 » by Roddy B for 3 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:57 pm

clyde21 wrote:
Roddy B for 3 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
Wiseman is #6
Stewy is #10

both tier 3

why?

and i wasn't satisfied with your answer, that's why you came back and asked me where i rank them...

Why do you have Wiseman higher than Stewart?
7/1/2019
Roddy B for 3
Analyst

Post#44 » by Roddy B for 3 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:29 pm

clyde21 wrote:
Roddy B for 3 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
Wiseman is #6
Stewy is #10

both tier 3

why?

This is the best way for me to word this, what kind of impact do you think Stewart will have at the NBA level? Do you think he will have a 10+ year career and play 20+ mpg? Do you think he'll be a Kennith Faried/Montrez Harrell type? Do you see a future all-star?

Right now I see a future 3rd or 4th big, with a worst case scenario of being a 5th big who loses interest and slowly fades out of NBA relevance.

Ideally I think he should play on well constructed 2nd units as a get buckets guy.

I basically see a guy who will play at the level Amar'e Stoudamire played for Dallas, but with less rest games and less injury issues.
7/1/2019
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,126

Post#45 » by clyde21 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:29 pm

Roddy B for 3 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
Roddy B for 3 wrote:

better size, better rebounder, more of a lob/verticle threat, but the variance does is small, they're in the same tier, like 2 or 3 players apart

not the same thing as having one top 3 and the other not even in the top 30 :lol:
Roddy B for 3
Analyst

Post#46 » by Roddy B for 3 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:11 am

clyde21 wrote:
Roddy B for 3 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

better size, better rebounder, more of a lob/verticle threat, but the variance does is small, they're in the same tier, like 2 or 3 players apart

not the same thing as having one top 3 and the other not even in the top 30 :lol:

We'll I have Wiseman #1 and Stewart 18-25(ish). We agree on what their differences , basically are we just disagree on the magnitude of those differences or on the importance of the value of those differences.
7/1/2019
Roddy B for 3
Analyst

Post#47 » by Roddy B for 3 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:33 am

getrichordie wrote:
Spoiler:
Roddy B for 3 wrote:
getrichordie wrote:
Actually. Just wanted to ask you a question. I don't think getting into everything you said is worth it, so yeah, I'll just ask a question.

You okay, bro?

Arrogance again. I called you out and that means their must be something wrong with me.

I was trying to do three things with that post, explain the way I believe the draft should be looked at, let you know that players you have ranked 45+ are basically players you don't see an NBA future for (so who cares if you have them 45 or 61) , and to let you know the only reason I'm openly telling you what your doing that's wrong and why what your doing is wrong is because if your arogant tone on this board.

You ask, "you ok, bro?" Like their has to be something wrong with me for doing that. I'm just fine, bro. I got off work and had an hour to kill, i was going to watch DBZ or light you up, I decided to light you up.

Once again, their were only two players who made an impact last year from the 2019 class that I didn't scout and you have about 8 of your top 50 I didn't scout. Bro I'll tell you right now, those 8 guys aren't going to all be players in the NBA.

You have guys ranked 35 in your board you believe "have a high floor". That's so silly, DeAndre Hunter had a high floor, Rui Hachimura had a high floor. To have a high floor as an NBA prospect means lock first round pick.

But I wrote a long article going at you and I did that because I was bored and had time to kill. Your arrogance immediately goes to thinking, "He must be having a hard time". As if to completely invalidate my points.

I'm saying you post with an arrogant attitude and I can't wait to see you miss over and over again. And if you stay on this board, believe me, when your arrogant in the 2023 draft I'll remind you how wrong you were on the 2020 draft.

Everyone is going to be wrong on guys. This isn't a perfect science.

If you are going to call me arrogant, be specific. Provide examples. Don't generalize.

Honestly not sure who you are referencing as having a high floor at 35, but it seems you are making assumptions about how I think about prospects. That's weird. Can you please be more specific?

I provided multiple examples in this very thread. In fact the post you quoted calls it out very word for word. I assume your trying to save face on an internet forum or else your a dull and/or dense individual. To make it clear, when I see you being arrogant (which is frequently) I'll give you and "And-1".

So when you get an "And-1" from me that's me answering you question to be more specific about the times your being arrogant. If you want to continue talking about this fell free to DM me.

And since I predict you will either reply "wow a month later bro" or you will ignore me because I already called out your "wow a month later bro" statement, I'll go ahead and tell you why I posted this. You were being clearly arrogant in the second comment of the "draft comparison" thread a ballboy made, and put a good amount of time in. You were arrogant saying "try to be more accurate", like dude obviously the guy was "trying to be accurate" and just because you disagree dosent mean you have a crystal ball. You didn't even have the eggs to set you own comparisons. Your just bored and trying to belittle people with a false sense of confidence in your NBA scouting ability.

So, Because I respect the mods on this subfourm and I don't want to get in trouble here, I'm flatly saying I won't respond to you with anything outside of bball talk on this forum from now on. But know, if you get an "And-1" from me it is 100% because your post was showing arrogance, again. And again, YOU asked me to provide specific examples, so you'll get them asap after I read your post, if I see arogance in your post.

One again, respect to the mods. I'll drop it and if you want to continue the conversation know that it will only happen if you DM me.

Return to NBA Draft