ImageImageImage

Miami Heat Regular Season Thread Vol. Iggy

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,453

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season Thread Vol. Iggy 

Post#1341 » by gom » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:05 pm

twix2500 wrote:
gom wrote:Look for Gabe Vincent & Kyle Alexander to play if other players test positive. Vincent hasn't played well for Miami but he has been great in the G-League. He just turned 24. In about 32 minutes per game, over 23 points a game, shooting 3's at over 40% and 90% from the stripe.
Everyone is expected to play. They will be quarantine for 2 weeks after testing positive

Sure. As long as covid cooperates I guess. My brother-in-law has tested positive for 8 weeks now. He has no symptoms now but sheds lots of virus. I missed contact by two hours. At my age (despite robust health) I would have a good chance to suffer serious effects.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
gom

Post#1342 » by gom » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:17 pm

Isaiah Hartenstein was released by the Rockets a few days ago. He is a 22 yo pf/c from Oregon with German nationality and was playing backup center for the Rockets in December before they went smaller. His 3-point shot hasn't evolved well but he does pass out of the post and gets blocks. He averaged 24 ppg and almost 14 rpg with their G-league affiliate. If we have an extra roster space next season, he might be worth a look.
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,206

Post#1343 » by twix2500 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:58 pm

gom wrote:
twix2500 wrote:
gom wrote:Look for Gabe Vincent & Kyle Alexander to play if other players test positive. Vincent hasn't played well for Miami but he has been great in the G-League. He just turned 24. In about 32 minutes per game, over 23 points a game, shooting 3's at over 40% and 90% from the stripe.
Everyone is expected to play. They will be quarantine for 2 weeks after testing positive

Sure. As long as covid cooperates I guess. My brother-in-law has tested positive for 8 weeks now. He has no symptoms now but sheds lots of virus. I missed contact by two hours. At my age (despite robust health) I would have a good chance to suffer serious effects.
Interesting. What does your brother do for work?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
gom

Post#1344 » by gom » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:21 pm

twix2500 wrote:
gom wrote:
twix2500 wrote:Everyone is expected to play. They will be quarantine for 2 weeks after testing positive

Brother-in-law. He is a mechanical engineer. He was in intensive care for two weeks at the end of April but got better. It's still not clear.

I know six people who have had covid in America and nine (NINE!) in Brazil. I don't know if any of the others are clear either but a few are quite sick.
Heat_Fan_87
RealGM
And1: 22,412

Post#1345 » by Heat_Fan_87 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:11 am

Read on Twitter

2nd hardest schedule
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,206

Post#1346 » by twix2500 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:23 am

gom wrote:
twix2500 wrote:
gom wrote:

Brother-in-law. He is a mechanical engineer. He was in intensive care for two weeks at the end of April but got better. It's still not clear.

I know six people who have had covid in America and nine (NINE!) in Brazil. I don't know if any of the others are clear either but a few are quite sick.
Hmmmm I'm gonna do some research on that. From my understanding after about 2 weeks the virus may be eliminated. Illness after that is due to the damage that is done or your own immune system is causing damage. If the virus still lingering then his immune response is not sufficient.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,703

Post#1347 » by DayofMourning » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:37 am

gom wrote:Isaiah Hartenstein was released by the Rockets a few days ago. He is a 22 yo pf/c from Oregon with German nationality and was playing backup center for the Rockets in December before they went smaller. His 3-point shot hasn't evolved well but he does pass out of the post and gets blocks. He averaged 24 ppg and almost 14 rpg with their G-league affiliate. If we have an extra roster space next season, he might be worth a look.

I agree. Was a fan of his predraft. Lots of tools.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1348 » by DayofMourning » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:08 am

Just had a 2021 off-season daydream.

Bam
Isaac
Butler
Duncan
Fox

Jalen
Okpala
Herro
Nunn

Would do bad things for that lineup.
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,828

Post#1349 » by Wiltside » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:23 am

Heat_Fan_87 wrote:
Read on Twitter

2nd hardest schedule

This was my immediate thought when seeing the schedule too. Normally we close with a softer schedule after doing our epic West Coast trip. We got shafted big time here.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
puppa bear
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,500

Post#1350 » by puppa bear » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:49 am

DayofMourning wrote:
gom wrote:Isaiah Hartenstein was released by the Rockets a few days ago. He is a 22 yo pf/c from Oregon with German nationality and was playing backup center for the Rockets in December before they went smaller. His 3-point shot hasn't evolved well but he does pass out of the post and gets blocks. He averaged 24 ppg and almost 14 rpg with their G-league affiliate. If we have an extra roster space next season, he might be worth a look.

I agree. Was a fan of his predraft. Lots of tools.

Same for me- I really wanted us to try to pick him up. If we can get him into the Leonard/KO mould he’d have a great chance of being a long-term rotation player on a good team. Gotta expand the range though (should have been a big part of his development plan)
BenoUdrihFTL
RealGM
And1: 23,487

Post#1351 » by BenoUdrihFTL » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:45 pm

Heat_Fan_87 wrote:
Read on Twitter

2nd hardest schedule

Maaaaann I was worried about this and here it is. Back in Feb I was scanning our remaining schedule and loving how many chit bottom of the barrel teams we had left with the sporadic strong team thrown it (and iirc most of those strong team games were at home)
HeatIn5
General Manager
And1: 18,357

Post#1352 » by HeatIn5 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:10 pm

But no Jokic game 1
Read on Twitter
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,289

Post#1353 » by goodboy » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:52 pm

So whos playing and goat dunker retired, sad.
Bright
ThaFranchize84
Junior
And1: 156

Post#1354 » by ThaFranchize84 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:00 pm

So question for the board, who is the best fit currently in NBA to put in the front court next to Bam (excluding the All NBA guys like Davis, Giannis, etc). Probably looking for someone that shoots the three well, can block shots and rebound at a decent rate. Trying to find a guy that the Heat can realistically either trade for or sign during one of the next two off seasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1355 » by DayofMourning » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:58 am

ThaFranchize84 wrote:So question for the board, who is the best fit currently in NBA to put in the front court next to Bam (excluding the All NBA guys like Davis, Giannis, etc). Probably looking for someone that shoots the three well, can block shots and rebound at a decent rate. Trying to find a guy that the Heat can realistically either trade for or sign during one of the next two off seasons.

Someone from Orlando.
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,828

Post#1356 » by Wiltside » Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:02 am

ThaFranchize84 wrote:So question for the board, who is the best fit currently in NBA to put in the front court next to Bam (excluding the All NBA guys like Davis, Giannis, etc). Probably looking for someone that shoots the three well, can block shots and rebound at a decent rate. Trying to find a guy that the Heat can realistically either trade for or sign during one of the next two off seasons.

I mean, if we are talking ideal fits, KAT is probably that guy. Whether he’s attainable, or we have the cap space/currency to get that done remains to be seen. Let alone the Jimmy/KAT angle.

On a much lower level, I’ve been advocating for trying to get Mo Bamba from Orlando. He doesn’t seem to be in their long term plans. Has all the tools we need (3pt stroke, rebounding and shot blocking), and could probably be had for a modest price at this point.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 24,961

Post#1357 » by eddieheatfan » Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:29 am

i wonder how many stars are going to sit this one out? depending on the teams this could be a big advantage for the heat.as construed this team is not advancing to the second round without help.
ThaFranchize84
Junior

Post#1358 » by ThaFranchize84 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:04 am

Wiltside wrote:

I mean, if we are talking ideal fits, KAT is probably that guy. Whether he’s attainable, or we have the cap space/currency to get that done remains to be seen. Let alone the Jimmy/KAT angle.

On a much lower level, I’ve been advocating for trying to get Mo Bamba from Orlando. He doesn’t seem to be in their long term plans. Has all the tools we need (3pt stroke, rebounding and shot blocking), and could probably be had for a modest price at this point.

I agree with Orlando being a trade partner. Maybe something around Bamba for Nunn and our 2020 pick. Gives them a young guard to pair with Fultz. Bamba would be a great fit next to Bam.

DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1359 » by DayofMourning » Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:22 am

Wiltside wrote:

Bam and Bamba. I mean, you can't go wrong with that.

What're you offering Orlando?
ThaFranchize84
Junior

Post#1360 » by ThaFranchize84 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:24 am

DayofMourning wrote:
Wiltside wrote:

Bam and Bamba. I mean, you can't go wrong with that.

What're you offering Orlando?

I really like that front court with Bam, Bamba and Jimmy. Versatility of offense and D.

I feel like Nunn and the 2020 pick gets it done. It gives Orlando a young guard to go with Fultz and a 1st Rd pick to draft someone to replace Bamba. What do you think? Just Nunn would get it done?

Return to Miami Heat