Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,188

Re: Trades, Transactions and Ideas Thread 

Post#201 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:57 am

thor19 wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:Just some random attempted neutral thoughts about the trade. I think Paul is the best player in the deal but why would Denver go all in right now? It makes no sense. Murray didn’t take the jump I had hoped he would but Denver has plenty of time. Let suppose Denver was willing to do the trade. I would absolutely take Murray. I dont know that he turns in to an all star but he fits Shai’s time line. It’s worth a shot from okc’s perspective and I think Denver should hold off or look elsewhere.

For the record, the last time Cp3 made an all star game was four months ago. Four is also where cp3 ranks in usage in the okc roster. The idea that cp3 needs to have the ball in his hands to be effective and would take it away from Jokic is a fallacy. In fact his usage his lower than both Jokic and Murray. Swapping Murray for Cp3 would actually put the balk in Jokic’s hands more often which is what Denver fans seem to want. I understand why Denver fans wouldn’t want to do the trade but let’s make sure the reasons are accurate.

You say my chicago trade is bad but denver will never make this trade unless they want to clean the house Murray contract is not the best one but is not cp3 contract also cp3 can be the best player this year but murray is only 23 years old and cp is 35 denver will never take cp3 and give us their second best player behind jokic, we can sell them cp3 next year if they dont get to the western confernce final, or the nba final, a team of cp3 , murray jokic, grant, porter jr is better that this year denver team, our best bet is to take harris , and barton or Plumlee with fillers, this way we can use harris we can use harris as six man or insurance if dennis is traded, barton can take the sf until bazley improved or we get someone better, and their contracts are smaller and more easy to move, I think the direction of the team will depend in gallinari, if we sign and traded him or he walk in free angency or if we sign him. For me that would be the first domino to fall

First, thanks for the response. Second, don’t shy away from using periods. Not trying to be a jerk but the above post is difficult to read. Lastly, I don’t think Denver goes in this direction because I don’t think they’ve been overly aggressive. They seem to be content to build with the guys they have and even hold on to them a little too long. However it’s all speculation.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#202 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:00 am

itzmrgigglez wrote:I don’t like this trade because I feel like Murray and SGA are at their best at point. They aren’t bad at SG and both shoot the the 3 decently but I would rather have shai at point and keep developing from there.

Murray is young but his contract just kills it for me. It would be worth a shot for us but it would eat up our cap space. Especially if we did the proposed trade of both Harris and Murray

In this situation I think overlap is good and one players abilities doesn’t take away from the other guy’s. Both can play off the ball. That’s a good thing, imo.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
thor19
Junior
And1: 65

Post#203 » by thor19 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:23 am

ThunderBolt wrote:
thor19 wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:Just some random attempted neutral thoughts about the trade. I think Paul is the best player in the deal but why would Denver go all in right now? It makes no sense. Murray didn’t take the jump I had hoped he would but Denver has plenty of time. Let suppose Denver was willing to do the trade. I would absolutely take Murray. I dont know that he turns in to an all star but he fits Shai’s time line. It’s worth a shot from okc’s perspective and I think Denver should hold off or look elsewhere.

For the record, the last time Cp3 made an all star game was four months ago. Four is also where cp3 ranks in usage in the okc roster. The idea that cp3 needs to have the ball in his hands to be effective and would take it away from Jokic is a fallacy. In fact his usage his lower than both Jokic and Murray. Swapping Murray for Cp3 would actually put the balk in Jokic’s hands more often which is what Denver fans seem to want. I understand why Denver fans wouldn’t want to do the trade but let’s make sure the reasons are accurate.

You say my chicago trade is bad but denver will never make this trade unless they want to clean the house Murray contract is not the best one but is not cp3 contract also cp3 can be the best player this year but murray is only 23 years old and cp is 35 denver will never take cp3 and give us their second best player behind jokic, we can sell them cp3 next year if they dont get to the western confernce final, or the nba final, a team of cp3 , murray jokic, grant, porter jr is better that this year denver team, our best bet is to take harris , and barton or Plumlee with fillers, this way we can use harris we can use harris as six man or insurance if dennis is traded, barton can take the sf until bazley improved or we get someone better, and their contracts are smaller and more easy to move, I think the direction of the team will depend in gallinari, if we sign and traded him or he walk in free angency or if we sign him. For me that would be the first domino to fall

First, thanks for the response. Second, don’t shy away from using periods. Not trying to be a jerk but the above post is difficult to read. Lastly, I don’t think Denver goes in this direction because I don’t think they’ve been overly aggressive. They seem to be content to build with the guys they have and even hold on to them a little too long. However it’s all speculation.

No offense taken. English is not my first language, and sometimes I dont organized my ideas correctly to write them down. Thats my bad. I am with you, dont think Denver made this trade, the only way is that the get out in the first round and hit the panic buttom and want a big change, and a win now move. But if I am Denver I will not give murray and harris unless okc give me picks. My bulls trade is more possible that this one and I know chicago is give to much too. Trading Cp3 is hard, not so many team need him or are willing to pay his contract. As I say the only two teams that I think can take him is 76ers and Knicks. And maybe reaching Bucks and Lakers. If the sixers trade for him we are taking their worst contract if we want picks, we can send cp3 and one of ferguson or diallo for hortford, picks, and richarson? Knicks, some news are saying Leon Rose is not impressed with Knox, maybe he want a trade. I think Leon Rose want to make a big splash and change Knicks culture. A way is if he take the OKC package of Gallo Cp3 and hope they develop rj barret, m robinson and point guard they dont trade between knitilika and smith jr. (Not saying we make a sign and trade for Gallo with the knicks, they can sign him in free angency)
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#204 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:42 am

Spoiler:
thor19 wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:
thor19 wrote: You say my chicago trade is bad but denver will never make this trade unless they want to clean the house Murray contract is not the best one but is not cp3 contract also cp3 can be the best player this year but murray is only 23 years old and cp is 35 denver will never take cp3 and give us their second best player behind jokic, we can sell them cp3 next year if they dont get to the western confernce final, or the nba final, a team of cp3 , murray jokic, grant, porter jr is better that this year denver team, our best bet is to take harris , and barton or Plumlee with fillers, this way we can use harris we can use harris as six man or insurance if dennis is traded, barton can take the sf until bazley improved or we get someone better, and their contracts are smaller and more easy to move, I think the direction of the team will depend in gallinari, if we sign and traded him or he walk in free angency or if we sign him. For me that would be the first domino to fall

No offense taken. English is not my first language, and sometimes I dont organized my ideas correctly to write them down. Thats my bad. I am with you, dont think Denver made this trade, the only way is that the get out in the first round and hit the panic buttom and want a big change, and a win now move. But if I am Denver I will not give murray and harris unless okc give me picks. My bulls trade is more possible that this one and I know chicago is give to much too. Trading Cp3 is hard, not so many team need him or are willing to pay his contract. As I say the only two teams that I think can take him is 76ers and Knicks. And maybe reaching Bucks and Lakers. If the sixers trade for him we are taking their worst contract if we want picks, we can send cp3 and one of ferguson or diallo for hortford, picks, and richarson? Knicks, some news are saying Leon Rose is not impressed with Knox, maybe he want a trade. I think Leon Rose want to make a big splash and change Knicks culture. A way is if he take the OKC package of Gallo Cp3 and hope they develop rj barret, m robinson and point guard they dont trade between knitilika and smith jr. (Not saying we make a sign and trade for Gallo with the knicks, they can sign him in free angency)

I agree with much of what you said. When it comes to discussing trades, there are two lines of discussion to take. First is, "would I personally like to see the trade done" and secondly, "do I think the trade is fair for both sides". My post about the CP3 to Denver trade was for the first line of reasoning and my post on Lauri was more about the second line of reasoning.

In regards to Harris and Murray, its easy to fall in love with the youth but if Harris continues to struggle and Murray doesn't ever take the next step forward, it will significantly lower the ceiling of their team. However if I'm Sam then I'm listening if Denver calls. I don't think Denver makes that phone call.

Now that the Bulls fired GarPax, I don't think Chicago calls either. I suspect this is going to be a very slow off season with teams only making moves if they have to. It could be years before the league gets back to normal unless a vaccine is found. It really sucks right now.
thor19
Junior
And1: 65

Post#205 » by thor19 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:53 pm

When the season restart we can sign someone else? Who do you want Shumpert or Gerald green ?
getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,308

Post#206 » by getrichordie » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:20 am

thor19 wrote:When the season restart we can sign someone else? Who do you want Shumpert or Gerald green ?

I'd personally roll the dice on Shumpert. Best case scenario, he provides some 3&D depth and he gets a taste of OKC culture and signs a cheap deal with us. He continues to show he still has game and we flip him for additional value.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#207 » by bondom34 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:43 pm

Dort is signed:

Read on Twitter

But more importantly:

Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

I'm so confused.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#208 » by ThunderBolt » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:24 pm

bondom34 wrote:Dort is signed:

Read on Twitter

But more importantly:

Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

I'm so confused.

Congratulations. You posted the two most interesting tweets that we've had in the last 4 months in the same post.
Galloisdaman
Analyst
And1: 2,167

Post#209 » by Galloisdaman » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:12 pm

Does anyone remember how bad CP3 looked to start the season. Does anyone know for sure why?
My eyes glaze over when reading alternative stat (not advanced stat) narratives that go many paragraphs long. If you can not make your point in 2 paragraphs it may not be a great point. :D
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#210 » by getrichordie » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:13 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
bondom34 wrote:Dort is signed:

Read on Twitter

But more importantly:

Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

I'm so confused.

Congratulations. You posted the two most interesting tweets that we've had in the last 4 months in the same post.

https://www.change.org/p/oklahoma-city-thunder-fans-change-the-oklahoma-city-thunder-branding-logo-to-velveeta-cheese?recruiter=701882762&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=psf_combo_share_initial&utm_term=tap_basic_share&recruited_by_id=5ca9d0a0-140e-11e7-ad53-dbcefd08cefb
[twitter] @thunderdustin
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#211 » by getrichordie » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:08 pm

How much did OKC pay in luxury tax in these years?

2016-17
2017-18
[twitter] @thunderdustin
Mattv
Junior
And1: 33

Post#212 » by Mattv » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:00 pm

Okc needs to go get Allonzo Trier with there open 2way spot.
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,498

Post#213 » by Kizz Fastfists » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:56 pm

Galloisdaman wrote:Does anyone remember how bad CP3 looked to start the season. Does anyone know for sure why?

I always speculated that he didn't realize he was going to be coaching. It took him a while to figure out that he had to be the coach and then it took the team a while to learn how to play basketball instead of standing around watching Russ. We know that Donovan doesn't coach based on PG's comments when he re-signed.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#214 » by getrichordie » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:30 pm

Kizz Fastfists wrote:
Galloisdaman wrote:Does anyone remember how bad CP3 looked to start the season. Does anyone know for sure why?

I always speculated that he didn't realize he was going to be coaching. It took him a while to figure out that he had to be the coach and then it took the team a while to learn how to play basketball instead of standing around watching Russ. We know that Donovan doesn't coach based on PG's comments when he re-signed.

Do what?

Are you talking about how George asked Donovan to stop running plays for him?

If so, that is in no way indicative of Donovan not being a good coach. It's called superstars have the luxury of preference.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant

Post#215 » by Kizz Fastfists » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:00 pm

getrichordie wrote:How much did OKC pay in luxury tax in these years?

2016-17
2017-18

$0 in '16-'17
$25.4M in '17-'18

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2019/04/recent-history-of-nba-taxpaying-teams.html
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#216 » by getrichordie » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:02 pm

So $86M+ in luxury taxes the previous two seasons?
[twitter] @thunderdustin
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant

Post#217 » by Kizz Fastfists » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:13 pm

getrichordie wrote:Do what?

If so, that is in no way indicative of Donovan not being a good coach. It's called superstars have the luxury of preference.

I'm talking about something PG said when he resigned. Not telling Donovan that he is incapable of running plays and that Donovan should just be letting them play a pickup game. Although, that would play into it. The players telling Donovan to stop coaching and just let hem play and Donovan letting the kids run the school just showed that he is weak. We knew that there wasn't any real coaching from watching the Russ show where players just stood around watching. PG just actually said it out loud when he resigned. Which, ironically, is why he demanded a trade a year later.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#218 » by ThunderBolt » Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:26 pm

Cp3 is the opposite of Russ in that he doesn’t force the issue. Sometimes that’s for better and sometimes for worse. Overall I love the guy but I think he was a little unsure what to expect being here. After he figured out he was relatively content being here, he played better.
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#219 » by getrichordie » Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:07 am

Kizz Fastfists wrote:
getrichordie wrote:Do what?

I'm talking about something PG said when he resigned. Not telling Donovan that he is incapable of running plays and that Donovan should just be letting them play a pickup game. Although, that would play into it. The players telling Donovan to stop coaching and just let hem play and Donovan letting the kids run the school just showed that he is weak. We knew that there wasn't any real coaching from watching the Russ show where players just stood around watching. PG just actually said it out loud when he resigned. Which, ironically, is why he demanded a trade a year later.

Please do tell what PG said when he "resigned."
[twitter] @thunderdustin
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#220 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:26 am

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder