Should the NBA reduce the number of teams in the restart to 16 due to the increase in COVID-19 cases?

Barcs
Veteran
And1: 712

Re: Should the NBA reduce the number of teams in the restart to 16 due to the increase in COVID-19 cases? 

Post#2 » by Barcs » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:15 pm

Just cancel it and start a new season.
SELL THE TEAM, JIM!!! :curse:
RipCityKJ
Senior
And1: 205

Re: Should the NBA reduce the number of teams in the restart to 16 due to the increase in COVID-19 cases? 

Post#3 » by RipCityKJ » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:11 am

Teams are not even supposed to head to Florida until July 14th by that time and the way things are going Florida could see a daily average of 15-20k new cases. At this point they need to cancel or if must go on then pick another location in a state or even another country that's better prepared.
Orlock78
Junior
And1: 10

Post#5 » by Orlock78 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:32 pm

So increased testing reveals the virus is more common than previously thought...shocking.
DarthDiggler69
General Manager
And1: 2,368

Post#6 » by DarthDiggler69 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:30 pm

Cancel the season, start the lottery and draft ASAP and go back to work in Sept more prepared for COVID-19 games because Im sure its still gonna be around. Next season still can be saved
SeanDaRyan
Junior
And1: 130

Post#7 » by SeanDaRyan » Wed Jul 1, 2020 4:14 am

RipCityKJ wrote:Teams are not even supposed to head to Florida until July 14th by that time and the way things are going Florida could see a daily average of 15-20k new cases. At this point they need to cancel or if must go on then pick another location in a state or even another country that's better prepared.

Raptors have been in Florida for days now, because of the boarder they had to spend 2 weeks in quarantine
3ptLion
Freshman
And1: 15

Post#8 » by 3ptLion » Wed Jul 1, 2020 5:15 pm

Ding, ding, ding... we have a winner. I agree.

The season is over Adam Silver and the owners need to stop pretending otherwise.

DarthDiggler69 wrote:Cancel the season, start the lottery and draft ASAP and go back to work in Sept more prepared for COVID-19 games because Im sure its still gonna be around. Next season still can be saved
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#9 » by jason bourne » Thu Jul 2, 2020 10:21 am

SeanDaRyan wrote:
RipCityKJ wrote:Teams are not even supposed to head to Florida until July 14th by that time and the way things are going Florida could see a daily average of 15-20k new cases. At this point they need to cancel or if must go on then pick another location in a state or even another country that's better prepared.

Raptors have been in Florida for days now, because of the boarder they had to spend 2 weeks in quarantine

That's hurrible. Still think Vegas was the way to go. Hardly any COVID-19 there and it's milder. No quarantine either.
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
Furinkazan
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Post#10 » by Furinkazan » Thu Jul 2, 2020 12:26 pm

reduce it to zero...
destroy the nba completely
BigTex
Senior
And1: 79

Post#11 » by BigTex » Fri Jul 3, 2020 9:04 pm

I always thought Nevada was a better choice. And reward the city for hosting the Summer League, though it's really it's own reward now that it's grown so much.

But this looks more chancy each day that goes by. It's going to be a close run damned thing no matter what they do, and I'm still not conviced that they can pull it off. But I understand the financial pressure they're under. Billions are literally on the table. So I understand their determination to get it done. And that benefits both the player and the owners.
dan-man
Sixth Man
And1: 364

Post#12 » by dan-man » Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:21 pm

Barcs wrote:Just cancel it and start a new season.

The Lakers veto that notion.
Bentley1225
RealGM
And1: 1,562

Post#13 » by Bentley1225 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:36 pm

BigTex wrote:I always thought Nevada was a better choice. And reward the city for hosting the Summer League, though it's really it's own reward now that it's grown so much.

But this looks more chancy each day that goes by. It's going to be a close run damned thing no matter what they do, and I'm still not conviced that they can pull it off. But I understand the financial pressure they're under. Billions are literally on the table. So I understand their determination to get it done. And that benefits both the player and the owners.

100% agree. Why they didnt have 2 hub cities is beyond me much like the NHL when they have conducted the summer league there for years and have the infrastructure in place already to house multiple teams.

Return to Polls Discussion