NBA 2020 Draft Prospects Thread

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,200

Re: NBA 2020 Draft Prospects Thread 

Post#201 » by babyjax13 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:22 pm

Here is a video breakdown of Jones. I think it is overly optimistic, but still useful. Looks like he can be a spot up shooter that can also drive if people overplay him, make decent passes, and might have more athleticism to unlock (has lost a significant amount of weight since getting to college).

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#202 » by babyjax13 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:42 pm

I think I like Nate Hinton in the first round, too. Plays with that Patrick Beverly/Jimmy Butler/Marcus Smart style outrage, and I love it. He's a 6-5 wing playing basically as their power forward and secondary innitiator.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,191

Post#203 » by Catchall » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:59 pm

babyjax13 wrote:I think I like Nate Hinton in the first round, too. Plays with that Patrick Beverly/Jimmy Butler/Marcus Smart style outrage, and I love it. He's a 6-5 wing playing basically as their power forward and secondary innitiator.

He does play incredibly hard.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
Catchall
RealGM

Post#204 » by Catchall » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:40 am

Bolmaro started at SF for Barcelona and shot 3/5 from 3pt to finish with 11 pts and 3 assists in just 15 mins of play.

He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
Catchall
RealGM

Post#205 » by Catchall » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:59 am

I can't honestly predict who the Jazz will draft this year. There are 10 - 12 guys they could conceivably end up with.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#206 » by babyjax13 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:41 am

I feel like there are a few "Jazz guys", though. Bolmaro and Xavier Tillman are the obvious ones to me. I also think Nate Hinton seems like someone we'd target. I like Grant Riller a lot, reminds me of Clarkson, but that seems like someone Quin would like more than the FO. It seems like he tried so hard to get scoring combo guards instead of true point guards and the FO didn't go with it. Pure speculation, of course, I just remember that he reportedly really wanted Lou Williams when he got traded to LAC, and also it sounded like he really wanted Clarkson, too.

JColl
Catchall
RealGM

Post#207 » by Catchall » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:32 am

babyjax13 wrote:I feel like there are a few "Jazz guys", though. Bolmaro and Xavier Tillman are the obvious ones to me. I also think Nate Hinton seems like someone we'd target. I like Grant Riller a lot, reminds me of Clarkson, but that seems like someone Quin would like more than the FO. It seems like he tried so hard to get scoring combo guards instead of true point guards and the FO didn't go with it. Pure speculation, of course, I just remember that he reportedly really wanted Lou Williams when he got traded to LAC, and also it sounded like he really wanted Clarkson, too.

I think the Jazz would take Theo Maledon, in part because he played with Rudy in France, and in part because he can fit next to Donovan Mitchell, both on and off the ball. He's probably a bit underrated at this point. I think they'd probably also take Josh Green if he's available. I think they'd go for Saddiq Bey too, but he isn't likely to be available.

I still like Bolmaro.

I'm not seeing it with Tillman. Nice passer for a player his size though.

Someone on the Jazzfanz board was saying there are questions surrounding Paul Reed and Jaden McDaniels related to their coachability and off-court behavior. He wouldn't specify what it was though.

If Brantley or Rayjon Tucker show something during the Orlando tourney, that could affect the direction the Jazz go in the draft.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#208 » by babyjax13 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:47 am

Catchall wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:I feel like there are a few "Jazz guys", though. Bolmaro and Xavier Tillman are the obvious ones to me. I also think Nate Hinton seems like someone we'd target. I like Grant Riller a lot, reminds me of Clarkson, but that seems like someone Quin would like more than the FO. It seems like he tried so hard to get scoring combo guards instead of true point guards and the FO didn't go with it. Pure speculation, of course, I just remember that he reportedly really wanted Lou Williams when he got traded to LAC, and also it sounded like he really wanted Clarkson, too.

I think the Jazz would take Theo Maledon, in part because he played with Rudy in France, and in part because he can fit next to Donovan Mitchell, both on and off the ball. He's probably a bit underrated at this point. I think they'd probably also take Josh Green if he's available. I think they'd go for Saddiq Bey too, but he isn't likely to be available.

I still like Bolmaro.

Someone on the Jazzfanz board was saying there are questions surrounding Paul Reed and Jaden McDaniels related to their coachability and off-court behavior. He wouldn't specify what it was though.

If Brantley or Rayjon Tucker show something during the Orlando tourney, that could affect the direction the Jazz go in the draft.

Maledon is a good call. Obviously we don't have the interview side, but that would explain why someone with Reed's talent is at DePaul. Heard it with McDaniels, part of the reason I have discounted him pretty hard. He shows poor court awareness, and if that's compounded with coachability issues, I just don't see a successful player in his first contract.

JColl
Catchall
RealGM

Post#209 » by Catchall » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:26 am

babyjax13 wrote:
Catchall wrote:

I still like Bolmaro.

Maledon is a good call. Obviously we don't have the interview side, but that would explain why someone with Reed's talent is at DePaul. Heard it with McDaniels, part of the reason I have discounted him pretty hard. He shows poor court awareness, and if that's compounded with coachability issues, I just don't see a successful player in his first contract.

What do you think of Hampton for the Jazz?
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#210 » by babyjax13 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:59 pm

Catchall wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:
Catchall wrote:

I still like Bolmaro.

What do you think of Hampton for the Jazz?

I'd be interested, but I don't think he will be in our draft range.

JColl
Catchall
RealGM

Post#211 » by Catchall » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:06 am

Are we overlooking Tyler Bey for the Jazz? If he can transition to playing on the perimeter and knock down his shots, he could be similar to Trevor Ariza. They have similar measurables, athleticism and defensive instincts.

Also, Theo Maledon has sneaky SGA potential.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#212 » by KqWIN » Wed Jul 1, 2020 6:39 am

I like Tyler Bey. Seems like a Mo Harkless type player to me. Would be great to get some players who are just here to play hard.
Catchall
RealGM

Post#213 » by Catchall » Wed Jul 1, 2020 4:39 pm

KqWIN wrote:I like Tyler Bey. Seems like a Mo Harkless type player to me. Would be great to get some players who are just here to play hard.

He strikes me as a lighter, slightly quicker version of Larry Nance Jr., but if he can develop his shooting and ball skills he could blossom into a legit 2-way wing. It's hard to tell because most of his scoring at Colorado was on cuts and post ups.

The conventional wisdom is that Patrick Williams is going to develop because he's younger, but it's not out the question for Bey to expand his game in similar ways.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#214 » by KqWIN » Wed Jul 1, 2020 4:59 pm

Catchall wrote:
KqWIN wrote:I like Tyler Bey. Seems like a Mo Harkless type player to me. Would be great to get some players who are just here to play hard.

He strikes me as a lighter, slightly quicker version of Larry Nance Jr., but if he can develop his shooting and ball skills he could blossom into a legit 2-way wing. It's hard to tell because most of his scoring at Colorado was on cuts and post ups.

The conventional wisdom is that Patrick Williams is going to develop because he's younger, but it's not out the question for Bey to expand his game in similar ways.

Personally I'm not as concerned with how they can develop as an offensive player. Maybe this is too shortsighted, but right now I think we need a defensive playmaker from the 4 position. Or wing position, really anyone who can provide some help and create turnovers. We stretched the limits of Gobert+4 guys who do nothing on defense too far imo. A plain, good athlete could help us on offense too even if he's not so skilled. Outside of Gobert we're mostly undersized and/or not athletic.

I like Brantley and Morgan for their ability to create turnovers and make plays defensively. I wouldn't mind throwing Bey in the mix and hoping one of them pans out.
Catchall
RealGM

Post#215 » by Catchall » Wed Jul 1, 2020 5:12 pm

KqWIN wrote:
Catchall wrote:

Personally I'm not as concerned with how they can develop as an offensive player. Maybe this is too shortsighted, but right now I think we need a defensive playmaker from the 4 position. Or wing position, really anyone who can provide some help and create turnovers. We stretched the limits of Gobert+4 guys who do nothing on defense too far imo. A plain, good athlete could help us on offense too even if he's not so skilled. Outside of Gobert we're mostly undersized and/or not athletic.

I like Brantley and Morgan for their ability to create turnovers and make plays defensively. I wouldn't mind throwing Bey in the mix and hoping one of them pans out.

Maledon or Bolmaro could also be disruptive on the perimeter. Josh Green looks to be a decent defender. The Jazz might have a playmaking 4 in Brantley. It's a bit too early to tell.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#216 » by babyjax13 » Tue Jul 7, 2020 3:07 am

Catchall wrote:
KqWIN wrote:
Catchall wrote:

Maledon or Bolmaro could also be disruptive on the perimeter. Josh Green looks to be a decent defender. The Jazz might have a playmaking 4 in Brantley. It's a bit too early to tell.

I don't think Maledon will ever be a plus defender, he seems like a poor athlete.

JColl
Catchall
RealGM

Post#217 » by Catchall » Wed Jul 8, 2020 7:19 pm

babyjax13 wrote:
Catchall wrote:
KqWIN wrote:

I don't think Maledon will ever be a plus defender, he seems like a poor athlete.

I think he's as athletic as SGA or NAW.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
Catchall
RealGM

Post#218 » by Catchall » Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:05 pm

It looks like Paul Reed is taking some of the hitch out of his jump shot. If he can hit his spot-ups, he becomes a really attractive prospect.

He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#219 » by babyjax13 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:36 pm

Catchall wrote:It looks like Paul Reed is taking some of the hitch out of his jump shot. If he can hit his spot-ups, he becomes a really attractive prospect.

Still super ugly, but that is a lot better.

JColl
Catchall
RealGM

Post#220 » by Catchall » Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:49 pm

This looks like a pretty deep 2nd round this year. I like Tillie, Nnaji, Nwora, Hughes, Butler, Kispert, Pritchard, Perry, Tre Jones, Mason Jones, and at least a couple other guys to make NBA rotations. Add Hinton and Jalen Harris from Nevada.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh

Return to Utah Jazz