ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks have claimed ex-Net Theo Pinson

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Reign23
RealGM
And1: 11,034

Re: Knicks have claimed ex-Net Theo Pinson 

Post#201 » by Reign23 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:10 am

moocow007 wrote:
Reign23 wrote:first no-d-chucker is gone. now dsj and randle.

Your man for the draft isn't Obi Toppin is it?

I don't know. didn't watch college ball at all this year. whats up with obi? I liked the youtube highlights.
formerly known as knickst4pe
Ray Williams
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,376

Post#202 » by Ray Williams » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:20 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:so, what the hell are we doing with pinson?

Trying to figure out how Clyde will pronounce Pinson and what rhymes go with his name

Pinson with the win, son.
knickstape4ever
Head Coach
And1: 7,026

Post#203 » by knickstape4ever » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:16 pm

B8RcDeMktfxC wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:
knickstape4ever wrote:
Read on Twitter

Its basically this right here. This is Brock Aller using this window to get a little tricky with contracts. No risk, but maybe something comes of it. Nothing really major in itself, but when you make a lot of small moves like this some of them are bound to pay off at some point.

100% behind this post. This kind of manoeuvre was something the previous regime just didn't seem to be able to consider. There's no guarantee at all that the Knicks benefit from it, but maybe it jostles the pieces a tiny amount that might, just might, end up being +EV for the Knicks.

the type of move I'm waiting to see is using cap space to acquire more picks. with covid's effect on the league revenue/salary cap, teams, we have an even bigger advantage being 1 of the few teams w/ available cap space
B8RcDeMktfxC
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#204 » by B8RcDeMktfxC » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:20 am

knickstape4ever wrote:
B8RcDeMktfxC wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:
Its basically this right here. This is Brock Aller using this window to get a little tricky with contracts. No risk, but maybe something comes of it. Nothing really major in itself, but when you make a lot of small moves like this some of them are bound to pay off at some point.

100% behind this post. This kind of manoeuvre was something the previous regime just didn't seem to be able to consider. There's no guarantee at all that the Knicks benefit from it, but maybe it jostles the pieces a tiny amount that might, just might, end up being +EV for the Knicks.

the type of move I'm waiting to see is using cap space to acquire more picks. with covid's effect on the league revenue/salary cap, teams, we have an even bigger advantage being 1 of the few teams w/ available cap space

This I agree with as well and I posted about it a couple of days ago - maybe on NBAbrothers "what should the Knicks do next?" thread on the General Board.

This is one way to overpay - just take longer term contracts that are now too expensive for smaller teams in exchange for the Knicks short term contracts. Iirc I was playing there with Tobias Harris for Randle (+Taj for cap purposes). But the names don't really matter .. the concept seems pretty good. And then you may have an all-star or a more solid core when 2021 rolls around and the FA class will be getting paid less than they expected before covid.
B8RcDeMktfxC
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#205 » by B8RcDeMktfxC » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:13 am

B8RcDeMktfxC wrote:
knickstape4ever wrote:
B8RcDeMktfxC wrote:100% behind this post. This kind of manoeuvre was something the previous regime just didn't seem to be able to consider. There's no guarantee at all that the Knicks benefit from it, but maybe it jostles the pieces a tiny amount that might, just might, end up being +EV for the Knicks.

This I agree with as well and I posted about it a couple of days ago - maybe on NBAbrothers "what should the Knicks do next?" thread on the General Board.

This is one way to overpay - just take longer term contracts that are now too expensive for smaller teams in exchange for the Knicks short term contracts. Iirc I was playing there with Tobias Harris for Randle (+Taj for cap purposes). But the names don't really matter .. the concept seems pretty good. And then you may have an all-star or a more solid core when 2021 rolls around and the FA class will be getting paid less than they expected before covid.

More generally, whilst I'm not sure this is the most prominent thread to make the point, "all kinds of interesting possibilities"* have opened up right now.

* cf. jump to 210secs/3min30sec at

Let's blindly hope that the Knicks, for the first time in 20 years, are going to be ahead of the game.
knickstape21
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,738

Post#206 » by knickstape21 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:39 am

knickstape4ever wrote:
B8RcDeMktfxC wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:

If you’ve ever played fantasy football it’s like dropping a WR3 on your bench for a backup RB on the waiver wire.

Sure the WR3 could plug in here and there with injuries and bye weeks, but stashing the backup RB could play BIG if the starter went down...
Zenzibar
General Manager
And1: 8,373

Post#207 » by Zenzibar » Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:10 pm

NY Knicks: A thank you letter to Theo Pinson

by Mark Wessol50 seconds ago Follow @Mark_Wessol

Dear Theo Pinson,

From all NY Knicks fans across the world, I would like to say thank you. Although your minutes on the court are limited, you continue to bring value to this team while being everyone’s biggest supporter.

The Knicks currently have 31 wins, and you have played a part in every single one.

Anyone who has watched or been to a Knicks game this year will know Theo is standing, clapping, dancing, and encouraging our guys for 48 minutes, truly bringing the energy we need. After every point we score, I find myself immediately looking at our bench, trying to catch a glimpse of Theo celebrating.

I wasn’t too sure what to think when the Knicks acquired him after waiving Allonzo Trier, but in a short period of time, Theo has become one of my favorite Knicks ever.

It’s almost like he is a part of the coaching staff who still will sprint to the scorer’s table to check into the game no matter the amount of time left.

A true professional.

The energy certainly does not go unnoticed either. Just look at what Reggie Bullock had to say about his teammate, throwing out the idea of New York offering Theo a long-term deal.

If it were up to me, Theo would get a lifetime contract to be a Knick, and uh…maybe we should extend Reggie to the same deal while we’re at it too.

Dear Theo Pinson, thank you from all of NY Knicks nation!
If anyone reading this happens to be a fan of any other NBA team, I am truly sorry that you don’t have a teammate like Theo on your squad.

You may be laughing at that statement, but like Theo said, “It’s different around here”, and I don’t expect outsiders to understand.

As long as I have been a Knicks fan, I don’t ever remember a group of guys being this close with one another than this 2020-2021 year. Sure, Iman Shumpert coming up with “Knickstape” was an awesome group of guys, but they were supposed to be there, winning 50 plus games.

This season, nobody expected New York to be a playoff team. They were supposed to be the laughing stock of the NBA, ya know just the usual.

That’s what makes it so much sweeter.

Whether it’s Julius Randle recognizing we have a “big 15” or the bench running to help pick up teammates who go crashing to the floor. Everyone on this roster is buying in and fighting for each other on a nightly basis, and Theo Pinson is to thank.

While we are on the topic of thank you’s, I also would love to extend a thank you to the team that plays in Brooklyn for letting Theo go and allowing us to grab him.

Again, Theo, thank you for everything you do on a nightly basis for this team, you are a real fan favorite.

So, what do we say Leon Rose and company, a lifetime contract for Theo Pinson? Let’s make it happen.

Sincerely,

Every single Knicks fan
Stop All Genocides
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,903

Post#208 » by cgf » Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:19 pm

I was genuinely scared that Theo had gotten waived when I saw this thread bumped.

"Longtime Knick legend, Theo Pinson" just sounds right.
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Return to New York Knicks