ImageImageImageImage

In retrospect, do you wish we traded Dwight Howard somewhere else?

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,908

Re: In retrospect, do you wish we traded Dwight Howard somewhere else? 

Post#21 » by drsd » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:59 am

Bensational wrote:I love the mental exercise of retrospective basketball management.

Management looked at Lopez as a path to mediocrity. The Magic went full tank instead. It did not work out. But the Brooklyn trade would have led to a probable 8-seed every year for 6 years.

bigdogdylan5
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,077

Post#22 » by bigdogdylan5 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:32 pm

The reality is we probably couldn’t have done better after he shot our leverage to hell with only accepting lakers or nets. We should have did what the jazz did as soon as soon as they smelled Williams wanting out they didn’t mess around. That might even be in the summer of 2010 we get peak value after the decline just started and maybe attach Lewis to that deal. That would have taken a gm with some serious brass balls but we could have gotten Harden or Curry. Instead we doubled down with a wildly immature superstar an obviously declining lewis and then the Worst collection of trades ever in 2010-2011 season.
Fine print disclaimer for Fultz:
I am high on Markelle Fultz. Yes I understand he is not perfect and needs to shoot more and better and turn the ball over less. I would really like to see him play one more year… and I did and he sucks time to move on.
Max Power
Head Coach
And1: 1,204

Post#23 » by Max Power » Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:54 pm

I agree whole heartedly Big Dog. I’m the end it was the best deal we could have gotten because of Howard’s list. It was a downward spiral no matter what once we traded Lewis and Hedo and Vince Carter. Had we kept Hedo and Lewis after the ‘09 Finals I believe a Howard trade would have kept the Magic afloat as a low seed if Van Grundy had been kept.
You look confused...let me fill you in.
bigdogdylan5
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,077

Post#24 » by bigdogdylan5 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:07 pm

It’s Monday morning QBing obviously but the trade wasn’t awful we just didn’t get the draft picks we needed for rebuild what irks me more to this day is the ibaka and biz **** and giving up on a hard working Oladipo too early. I have been listening to the ringer redraftables and it’s interesting with some these guys you have to be patient.
Fine print disclaimer for Fultz:
I am high on Markelle Fultz. Yes I understand he is not perfect and needs to shoot more and better and turn the ball over less. I would really like to see him play one more year… and I did and he sucks time to move on.

Return to Orlando Magic