ImageImageImageImageImage

NY Knicks 2020 Draft Big Board #6 Pick - 24 Hours to VOTE!

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Who is #6 on the your big board for the Knicks?

Poll ended at Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:07 pm

Obi Toppin
15%
Onyeka Okongwu
13%
Tyrese Haliburton
36%
Cole Anthony
6%
Devin Vassell
17%
Isaac Okoro
4%
Kira Lewis
4%
Other (Write in comments)
6%

Total votes: 53

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,216

NY Knicks 2020 Draft Big Board #6 Pick - 24 Hours to VOTE! 

Post#1 » by mpharris36 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:07 pm

The game is simple. There will always be a list of players you can vote on plus one write in option called "other" if you feel the BPA for the knicks isn't able to be voted on. Every day I will tally see who had the most votes and that player will be off the board. Then we will go down #2 and #3 pick ect.....Once someone comes off the list and they win I will add another player to the list (maybe based on write-in options)

You can comment below on why your voting for the above player you selected. Lets also try to keep this Knicks related since a general big board probably doesn't make sense. This game is if you are the knicks GM what would your big board consist of.

NY Knicks Consensus Big Board:

#1 - LaMelo Ball
#2 - Anthony Edwards
#3 - James Wiseman
#4 - Killian Hayes
#5 - Deni Avdija
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,126

Re: NY Knicks 2020 Draft Big Board #6 Pick - 24 Hours to VOTE! 

Post#2 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:37 pm

It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
jvsimonetti0514
General Manager
And1: 7,776

Post#3 » by jvsimonetti0514 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:42 pm

Here’s where the big board gets really interesting. There’s probably like 10 guys that can go here and none of them would be a bad choice either. My pick is Cole Anthony. Microwave scorers always have roles in the NBA. I think he was held back by the lack of spacing and talent on UNC. Colby White had similar struggles to Cole in the same system and had a great rookie year and I’m expecting the same thing to happen here.
I'm apart of a Knicks podcast! You Should check it out!
youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWW9GUVpNULS97PyptXXU4w
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#4 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:46 pm

jvsimonetti0514 wrote:Here’s where the big board gets really interesting. There’s probably like 10 guys that can go here and none of them would be a bad choice either. My pick is Cole Anthony. Microwave scorers always have roles in the NBA. I think he was held back by the lack of spacing and talent on UNC. Colby White had similar struggles to Cole in the same system and had a great rookie year and I’m expecting the same thing to happen here.

Coby white shot 39% from the field. How is that great? He ended the season nicely but the majority of the season he was awful

He was also one of the worst defenders in the league by far
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Zenzibar
General Manager
And1: 8,286

Post#5 » by Zenzibar » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:13 pm

Obi Toppin is the likely pick here but I will begin my write-ins for Tyrell Terry which fills our biggest need, a franchise point guard.

Stop All Genocides
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 49,977

Post#6 » by Deeeez Knicks » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:15 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:
I think i like Vassell or Haliburton a little better then Deni. They are all kinda close. Overall, i am not sure i am buying Deni has way more upside then tjose guys either.

I may actually lean towards Haliburton for his passing. Even if hes not a high usage pg, there could be some upside as an all around player.

Maybe overall, Onyeka is the best available. I haven't really watched enough of him tbh. Think he is someone that will probably go before our pick, unless we move up. And if we move upwe will probably take someone else.

I think all your points are fair and totally understand your point. I personally obviously have faith in Frank a lot so I think a lot of what Haliburton currently brings Frank also brings for this team. Outside of the shooting which Haliburton already has a track record for a much better shooter).

But if Frank say gets to 35% and lets says early on Haliburton is 38-40% is that enough of a difference without major gaps in all the other areas (passing, defense, basketball iq). To warrant picking him?

I guess if you are someone that doesn't believe in Franks development I think its very fair then to want to select Haliburton that high.

Just responding back to this point, I would not give up on Frank or even Knox, but I dont think we should let them effect our draft decision either. It's tough to project either to be a dependable/good starter at this point. I think Frank can be a solid bench utility guy that can come in and provide some defense..maybe Knox can improve and be a stretch/scoring F off the bench. They should def get more opportunities and a consistent role, just not sure they are good starters.

In terms of Haliburton, he could end up being kind of a Lonzo Ball/Brogdon type which would be great to have and a huge upgrade. He has his flaws, but the things he does well he does really really well and would help us a ton. He looks like the 2nd best passer in the draft and I am buying that his shot will be good. Very high IQ and feel for the game...checks a lot of boxes. Think he would be a really great fit next to RJ too. He gives us some flexibility too in that can still pair another higher usage/aggressive guard next to them and it could work.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
bigfnjoe96
General Manager
And1: 3,948

Post#7 » by bigfnjoe96 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:20 pm

Obi, Obi, Obi....Image

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#8 » by Deeeez Knicks » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:21 pm

Overall, anyone but Obi though. The guy I least want. After watching years of Curry, Kanter, Randle, etc trying to defend the paint and perimeter on switches and getting torched...I really dont want Obi man. Dont think his offensive game is good enough to make up for it, unless you surround him with studs or play him off the bench. Just dont like bigs like that. They always burn us and are never as valuable as their numbers....especially in todays NBA. Just doesnt make sense for the Knicks at all.
Mavs
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 19,917

Post#9 » by blueNorange » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:35 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:

mitch and obi the poor mans lob city.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#10 » by Deeeez Knicks » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:37 pm

Haliburton is a beast in transition...would be fun watching him, RJ and Mitch run.

Read on Twitter

Then add Cade next year? :o
Read on Twitter
Mavs
jvsimonetti0514
General Manager
And1: 7,776

Post#11 » by jvsimonetti0514 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:42 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
jvsimonetti0514 wrote:Here’s where the big board gets really interesting. There’s probably like 10 guys that can go here and none of them would be a bad choice either. My pick is Cole Anthony. Microwave scorers always have roles in the NBA. I think he was held back by the lack of spacing and talent on UNC. Colby White had similar struggles to Cole in the same system and had a great rookie year and I’m expecting the same thing to happen here.

Coby white shot 39% from the field. How is that great? He ended the season nicely but the majority of the season he was awful

He was also one of the worst defenders in the league by far

I’ll take the L on that. I just remember him having a bunch of 20+ scoring nights before the season got cancelled.
I'm apart of a Knicks podcast! You Should check it out!
youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWW9GUVpNULS97PyptXXU4w
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#12 » by mpharris36 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:28 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:
I think i like Vassell or Haliburton a little better then Deni. They are all kinda close. Overall, i am not sure i am buying Deni has way more upside then tjose guys either.

I may actually lean towards Haliburton for his passing. Even if hes not a high usage pg, there could be some upside as an all around player.

Maybe overall, Onyeka is the best available. I haven't really watched enough of him tbh. Think he is someone that will probably go before our pick, unless we move up. And if we move upwe will probably take someone else.

I think all your points are fair and totally understand your point. I personally obviously have faith in Frank a lot so I think a lot of what Haliburton currently brings Frank also brings for this team. Outside of the shooting which Haliburton already has a track record for a much better shooter).

But if Frank say gets to 35% and lets says early on Haliburton is 38-40% is that enough of a difference without major gaps in all the other areas (passing, defense, basketball iq). To warrant picking him?

I guess if you are someone that doesn't believe in Franks development I think its very fair then to want to select Haliburton that high.

Just responding back to this point, I would not give up on Frank or even Knox, but I dont think we should let them effect our draft decision either. It's tough to project either to be a dependable/good starter at this point. I think Frank can be a solid bench utility guy that can come in and provide some defense..maybe Knox can improve and be a stretch/scoring F off the bench. They should def get more opportunities and a consistent role, just not sure they are good starters.

In terms of Haliburton, he could end up being kind of a Lonzo Ball/Brogdon type which would be great to have and a huge upgrade. He has his flaws, but the things he does well he does really really well and would help us a ton. He looks like the 2nd best passer in the draft and I am buying that his shot will be good. Very high IQ and feel for the game...checks a lot of boxes. Think he would be a really great fit next to RJ too. He gives us some flexibility too in that can still pair another higher usage/aggressive guard next to them and it could work.

Understand the logic for sure. I probably have him in the 7 range. So I don't think we differ. I guess I do like Deni upside a bit more which is why I had him above Haliburton but do understand the logic right around this area.

I think im just voting for OO here because I think at this point its too much value to pass up. But if it was a pick between them both I think the Knicks would pick Haliburton due to fit purposes.

ROSTER

RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,290

Post#13 » by RHODEY » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:40 pm

I picked Onyeka Okongwu high floor yet also has a high ceiling. Overlooked because his game isnt sexy - but hell be productive from day one.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,871

Post#14 » by Jeff Van Gully » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:50 pm

RHODEY wrote:I picked Onyeka Okongwu high floor yet also has a high ceiling. Overlooked because his game isnt sexy - but hell be productive from day one.

agreed. a lot of people mad they don't have bam adebayo on their team...
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#15 » by mpharris36 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:51 pm

for anyone voting other I would really appreciate you guys putting it in the comment section so that I can add those players next time or if eventually it gets to a point where it will later where other might get highest ranking I need to be able to calculate what the "others" are.

ROSTER

3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#16 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:55 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
RHODEY wrote:I picked Onyeka Okongwu high floor yet also has a high ceiling. Overlooked because his game isnt sexy - but hell be productive from day one.

I dont see Bam in him though. He's more of a mobile Wendell Carter
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,871

Post#17 » by Jeff Van Gully » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:03 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:

i see that. a little more athletic/above the rim than wendell? but def big, sets good screens, uses his strength similarly.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#18 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:11 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:

i see that. a little more athletic/above the rim than wendell? but def big, sets good screens, uses his strength similarly.

Yeah pretty much. Still a good player. I prefer Obi over him though but I can see the argument for Onyeka
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#19 » by mpharris36 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:15 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:

he def isn't Bam. But Bam was not Bam in college either. He avg under 1 assit per game and here was BAM's scouting reports:

DraftExpress: “Adebayo is a shade undersized for a center, but has the length and athleticism to compensate, as well as a chiseled frame that will allow him to hold his own against NBA big men from day one. He also possesses impressive mobility and agility for his size, which he uses to be the first big man down the floor in transition or switch onto guards in the half-court. … At this point, Adebayo’s offensive game is unrefined, doing most of his damage around the basket. … The development of Adebayo’s skill-level will be a significant factor in his ability to carve out an important role in the NBA.”

The Crossover: “He’s got a great build, works hard on the glass, plays above the rim and doesn’t eat up a ton of touches in order to do his job. That much should translate. He’s made up for a lack of post skills with effort to this point. On the defensive end he’s a work in progress, but has the ability to make an impact protecting the basket with some added polish. If Adebayo’s jumper improves, there could be another level of role player potential here.”

The Ringer: “Projects as an energy big man but needs to improve his awareness and proper technique to stay on the floor. … Quick and explosive leaper with good hands and coordination at the rim. Runs the floor hard. … May never be part of his game, but upside is there if he develops his jumper.”

Draft Express which I think we both agree on is probably the most informative draft analysis on the internet. I think if you replaced "adebayo" with Okongwu in the first word. There are nearly identical.

They both both very well for players there size. They are able to switch and potential guard all 5 positions on the floor. Both cam out of college with solid touch around the rim but questions about shooting potential and it wasn't like Bam was this outstanding passer in college. Part of that could have been due to Callipari system minimizing his players talent for the overall team. But in terms of defense, rebounding, mobility, fluidity, they are very simlar.

Whether OO can develop the certain skills that Bam did after he got in the league. That is all up to interpretation at this point. But as a physical specimine they are very much alike.

ROSTER

3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#20 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:24 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:

he def isn't Bam. But Bam was not Bam in college either. He avg under 1 assit per game and here was BAM's scouting reports:

DraftExpress: “Adebayo is a shade undersized for a center, but has the length and athleticism to compensate, as well as a chiseled frame that will allow him to hold his own against NBA big men from day one. He also possesses impressive mobility and agility for his size, which he uses to be the first big man down the floor in transition or switch onto guards in the half-court. … At this point, Adebayo’s offensive game is unrefined, doing most of his damage around the basket. … The development of Adebayo’s skill-level will be a significant factor in his ability to carve out an important role in the NBA.”

The Crossover: “He’s got a great build, works hard on the glass, plays above the rim and doesn’t eat up a ton of touches in order to do his job. That much should translate. He’s made up for a lack of post skills with effort to this point. On the defensive end he’s a work in progress, but has the ability to make an impact protecting the basket with some added polish. If Adebayo’s jumper improves, there could be another level of role player potential here.”

The Ringer: “Projects as an energy big man but needs to improve his awareness and proper technique to stay on the floor. … Quick and explosive leaper with good hands and coordination at the rim. Runs the floor hard. … May never be part of his game, but upside is there if he develops his jumper.”

Draft Express which I think we both agree on is probably the most informative draft analysis on the internet. I think if you replaced "adebayo" with Okongwu in the first word. There are nearly identical.

They both both very well for players there size. They are able to switch and potential guard all 5 positions on the floor. Both cam out of college with solid touch around the rim but questions about shooting potential and it wasn't like Bam was this outstanding passer in college. Part of that could have been due to Callipari system minimizing his players talent for the overall team. But in terms of defense, rebounding, mobility, fluidity, they are very simlar.

Whether OO can develop the certain skills that Bam did after he got in the league. That is all up to interpretation at this point. But as a physical specimine they are very much alike.

I said in the other college thread that Bam was making these same plays in high school. In UK, Calipari told him to play strictly as a rim runner.
DSJ even said it himself
Smith and Adebayo were teammates on several AAU teams growing up in North Carolina, one of which was coached by Smith’s father. Adebayo’s polymorphism doesn’t surprise Smith, but he doubted whether the world would ever get to see it.

“My dad was always telling him, ‘When you come out and play with us, show them your game. Shoot the jumper. You can push the ball up the court because you can make the right play,’” Smith said. “You see him throwing lobs and stuff now? He’s been capable of doing that. It’s good that he’s in a system that allows him to do it.”

Bam in his very first summer league was doing exactly what he's doing right now too. Bam has always been this guy. Ive been posting clips of him that called him point Bam in the BAF thread since way before this season.

Oneyka has a lot more freedom than Bam did in UK but still isn't showing the guard skills that Bam has. They're really both different players.

Return to New York Knicks