ImageImageImageImageImage

Trades and Transactions thread - To the offseason!

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Richard4444
General Manager
And1: 5,974

Re: Trades and Transactions thread - To the offseason! 

Post#941 » by Richard4444 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:18 am

Polk377 wrote:A guy not many are talking about that I would be interested in getting is Buddy Hield. We need someone who can shoot the 3 at a high rate and Hield fits in with RJ and possibly Ball if he ends up on the Knicks. He just signed a 4 year deal that goes from 24 mil his 1st year and descending to 18 mil his last year. Sac is looking to move him if they are dead set on keeping Bogdonovic. Hield for Randle makes sense.

Everybody is talking about a Buddy Hield trade.

But the truth is Buddy is a important player for the Kings even as a 30 minute sixth player and he is not in a position to demand a trade. Randle is not needed by the Kings. They already have Bagley as a Scorer/Rebouder Big. We would have to give a lot to sweet the deal.
BAF Brooklyn - Pre-Season NBA 2K Simulation 2023 Champions.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Boucher/Morris/Baldwin Jr
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,348

Post#942 » by dakomish23 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:29 am

Oladipo’s 3PT shooting took a huge nosedive (worse than his rookie year) as did Brogdon’s (34% to 25%) after he came back. Once the shooting comes back to their expected averages, the pair should work better.

Can’t see them as a Randle destination. They already have an offense only big man. If they don’t have Sabonis, then it would def make sense.

To maximize Randle, you’d need a stretch big man who can protect the rim and they have one of the few in the league.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,478

Post#943 » by WargamesX » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:09 am

I still think we stick with Randle unless a good deal becomes available. His contract is short and doesn’t actually affect our ability to go after anyone this FA.
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
Rangers248
Ballboy
And1: 12

Post#944 » by Rangers248 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:20 pm

WargamesX wrote:I still think we stick with Randle unless a good deal becomes available. His contract is short and doesn’t actually affect our ability to go after anyone this FA.

I agree. When you look around, the only team I can see him possibly going to is Charlotte and I think they have other plans. I could see where Julius doesn't start but plays 30+ mins a night though
-YogiBiz-
Pro Prospect
And1: 686

Post#945 » by -YogiBiz- » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:49 pm

If we're talking about shooters we could target, why not Luke Kennard/Svi Mykhailiuk.
Richard4444
General Manager

Post#946 » by Richard4444 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:50 pm

WargamesX wrote:I still think we stick with Randle unless a good deal becomes available. His contract is short and doesn’t actually affect our ability to go after anyone this FA.

Randle will get into the way the teams progression. Playing as starter PF, Randle clogs the paint and makes very hard to slashers like RJ to penetrate the rim. Only if the next coach has the guts to make him the bench center.

Besides if we waive him next season, we are going to accumulate an extra 4M of dead cap space.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven
Richard4444
General Manager

Post#947 » by Richard4444 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:58 pm

-YogiBiz- wrote:If we're talking about shooters we could target, why not Luke Kennard/Svi Mykhailiuk.

People is under the impression that Luke is kind of soft on defense and doenst like to penetrate the paint as much he should.

Besides, he has a year left in Orlando and want to get paid. He could be a OK FA option to 2021 if we get a good deal. But I would not want to give assets to get him.

Svi looks like a low minutes role player but can evolve. He has one year left on his contract.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,083

Post#948 » by moocow007 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:54 pm

-YogiBiz- wrote:If we're talking about shooters we could target, why not Luke Kennard/Svi Mykhailiuk.

Luke Kenard is the only player on the Pistons that has any talent and that isn't basically at the tail end of his career. Who would you plan on trading to Detroit to get Kennard? Can't see any reason now that Troy Weaver is in charge of things in Detroit that the Pistons would be interested in Julius Randle.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#949 » by moocow007 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:58 pm

newyorker4ever wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
moocow007 wrote:
Where these the trades you were talking about yesterday?

If so here's my take...

1. Randle, Brazdeikis, 2021 Dallas 1st for Oladipo

I would do this from the Knicks standpoint. Oladipo is a risk for sure because of health issues but if he wasn't you'd not be able to get for just this package I don't think. The cost to risk ratio is minimal for the Knicks. Brazdeikis is a good story and all but I don't see him ever playing for the Knicks and never really being anything more than a solid role player for some team in the NBA. Baring some significant injuries to Doncic and Porzingis I expect that Dallas 1st rounder to be bottom 15. That's the range where you find role players. So Randle plus 2 role players in all likelihood for a chance that Oladidpo can return to All-Star form (he's just 27) is worth it.

For the Pacers? They honestly may be better of just seeing what Oladipo can give them to start the season and then trade him at the deadline if that's their intent.

2. Randle for Cody Zeller

Not really a fan of this trade for reasons already specified.

Yes, Zeller fits better. But that's because role players rarely impact a team enough to be considered in either extreme and by default, he's viewed less negatively, especially from afar. I would expect that the Hornets include another asset of some sort for this to be more realistic for me.

3. Randle for Aaron Gordon

Aaron Gordon is tantalizing and he can put up some aerial shows. He's built like an NBA beast and you can argue pretty easily that that system in Orlando really didn't fit his game. He defends and he can score enough to keep defenders honest. His problem is that he just can't create shots for himself. And he's clearly less talented than Randle. So on this team he's also going to continue to struggle.

If the Knicks were able to get someone like CP3 to run the point then absolutely I'd do this deal cause Gordon IMO has a very wide window of how good and impactful he can be based on the system he's put in. The value level for both guys are about the same so it's a matter of who do you think will fit better and Gordon probably fits better for the Knicks.

4. Randle for Gary Harris, future 1st

I don't think it's worth taking on that extra year of Gary Harris' contract if all the Knicks are going to get is one of the worst 1st round picks in the draft. Harris needs to volume shoot to be effective. He needs the ball in his hands and be doing the same type of things that Knick fans complain about about Randle to be effective. No real reason if you didn't want Randle why you would want a SG version of him for an extra year at $20 million? Just for a most likely bottom of the 1st round draft pick?

5. Randle for Patty Mills, Trey Lyles, Derrick White

Pass. Who are the Knicks going to drop from the roster? I've never understood the fascination with Patty Mills. He's got mediocre athleticism, mediocre skills and a mediocre game. Trey Lyles is almost useless. Derrick White? Eh...not enough.

Thanks, nice takes, I agree for the most part with one exception. I would be all over that trade with the Spurs, Derrick White has stud potential IMO.

And Gary Harris plays defense so he can't be a smaller version of J.Randle.

Julius Randle has a better career DWS and is only 1 point higher in defensive rating than Harris. Both him and Harris are negatives in DBPM. So what defensive player are you talking about? Both players bread and butter are on the offensive end and both guys need to have the ball to be successful.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#950 » by moocow007 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:00 pm

Richard4444 wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
Richard4444 wrote:
I dont think any of these trades are viable (excepting the Zellers trade). They all favors the Knicks.

Anyway, I dont like the Spurs trade and the Zellers trade would be the last resort to get rid of Randle.

I have to disagree, I believe the Orlando and Denver trades are fair deals... and you could even argue the Knicks give up more talent.

ic.

Gordon has a lot more value than Randle. And Denver would not give a pick to get Randle.

If Gordon was on the Knicks instead of Randle, he'd have struggled even more so it's relative.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,439

Post#951 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:47 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Free Palestine
8516knicks
Head Coach
And1: 4,815

Post#952 » by 8516knicks » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:33 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

See you and raise you --

"So, that summer, the Knicks made a trade they seemingly thought would get them past the Pacers by dealing for Andrea Bargnani from the Toronto Raptors. In exchange, the Knicks traded Marcus Camby, Steve Novak, their 2016 first-round pick, and two future second-round picks."
Richard4444
General Manager

Post#953 » by Richard4444 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:48 pm

moocow007 wrote:
Richard4444 wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
I have to disagree, I believe the Orlando and Denver trades are fair deals... and you could even argue the Knicks give up more talent.

ic.

Gordon has a lot more value than Randle. And Denver would not give a pick to get Randle.

If Gordon was on the Knicks instead of Randle, he'd have struggled even more so it's relative.

I am under the impression that Gordon is light, plays faster than Randle, has better ball handling and plays better defense. Gordon is less strength and he is a worse scorer and rebounder. Gordon could be a worse player than Randle, but I think he could be a better fit as a PF. I think Gordon could improve his outside shot as well.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,281

Post#954 » by RHODEY » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:30 pm

Richard4444 wrote:
moocow007 wrote:
Richard4444 wrote:

I am under the impression that Gordon is light, plays faster than Randle, has better ball handling and plays better defense. Gordon is less strength and he is a worse scorer and rebounder. Gordon could be a worse player than Randle, but I think he could be a better fit as a PF. I think Gordon could improve his outside shot as well.

Right he could be a better fit, but earlier you said Gordon "has a lot more value than Randle" and now you say he could be a worse player. So if you believe that ,where does Gordon's "a lot more" value come from?
Richard4444
General Manager

Post#955 » by Richard4444 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:22 pm

RHODEY wrote:
Richard4444 wrote:
moocow007 wrote:

Right he could be a better fit, but earlier you said Gordon "has a lot more value than Randle" and now you say he could be a worse player. So if you believe that ,where does Gordon's "a lot more" value come from?

I think Gordon is easier to fit in NBA teams than Randle. Nobody wants a PF like Randle, heavy, paint clog and dont play D.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,348

Post#956 » by dakomish23 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:20 pm

Read on Twitter
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
knickstape4ever
Head Coach
And1: 7,026

Post#957 » by knickstape4ever » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:40 pm

my preference would be to sit out FA (as in no big time/multi-yr signings), roll w/ the young players since 2021 considered a good, deep draft

but based on some of Leon's comments during his Breen interview, and the report from Begley where he said Rose wanted to end the playoff drought next season, the FO has different plans

If the do go the competitive route, I'd really like to try to land Malik Beasley or Bogdan Bogdanovic, both are RFA's making it tricky, but their shooting would play well off of RJ, Mitch.....and Ball (I'm trying to speak it into existence)

At PF, Wood would be an improvement over Randle, but I don't love his fit either. IMO at the 4 we need a stretch big, and while Wood shot well from 3 last season, it was on limited attempts (just 2.3 per game). We need a Bertans, Gallinari, Morris type (despite age for the latter 2)

I actually loved Mook, and was torn to see him traded. on the one hand, it was the smart thing to do; he was an expiring and we need to accumulate picks. on the other hand, he was probably the best FA signing we've had in years. I like the idea of pulling an Aroldis Chapman: trading him at the deadline, only to re-sign him in the offseason. Mook is the perfect 4 in today's game IMO: he's can shoot the 3 w/ volume, and has a post game (both skills play well off of Mitch)
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,042

Post#958 » by 3toheadmelo » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:42 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Wouldn’t mind going after him if we don’t get a guard in the draft
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#959 » by moocow007 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:58 pm

Richard4444 wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
Richard4444 wrote:

I think Gordon is easier to fit in NBA teams than Randle. Nobody wants a PF like Randle, heavy, paint clog and dont play D.

I can guarantee you that if Gordon was the guy expected to carry this team cause it was him with the 3 year $60 million contract the Knicks offense would have struggled even more than it did cause he's not able to do anything for himself offensively and needs shot creators to create opportunities for him (see what the Knicks absolutely did not have) and Knicks fans will have been blaming him for the bulk of the teams failures.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#960 » by moocow007 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:59 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Wouldn’t mind going after him if we don’t get a guard in the draft

Not for anywhere near the max I wouldn't.

Return to New York Knicks