ImageImageImage

Welcome to Boston Enes Kanter!

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Re: Welcome to Boston Enes Kanter! 

Post#461 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:32 am

Damn. He lost the title. Shortest title reign ever.
Elrod is Back
Starter
And1: 2,241

Post#462 » by Elrod is Back » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:01 am

cloverleaf wrote:I'm not so sure his support for Gulen is a good idea, but yeah, his heart is definitely in the right place with the camps--both in price and quantity. I'm sure he's making a real difference in a lot of kids' summers.

I also like his seeming openness to hanging with the rooks and all. Definitely a good team influence in that sense. Plus of course he has some big-man skills the team lacks otherwise. I am hoping that by the year's end Rob will have taken the starting spot from him, but he and Rob are both playing 20-25 minutes a game -- and Tacko is getting 5-6 situational minutes as well! (Theis to me is more of a backup 4 and injury-replacement/tiny-ball 5 this year.)

Don't sleep on Poirier. I really doubt Tacko gets minutes at all in 19-20, let alone ahead of Poirier.
LuckyLeprechaun
Rookie
And1: 1,333

Post#463 » by LuckyLeprechaun » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:57 am

Elrod is Back wrote:
cloverleaf wrote:I'm not so sure his support for Gulen is a good idea, but yeah, his heart is definitely in the right place with the camps--both in price and quantity. I'm sure he's making a real difference in a lot of kids' summers.

I also like his seeming openness to hanging with the rooks and all. Definitely a good team influence in that sense. Plus of course he has some big-man skills the team lacks otherwise. I am hoping that by the year's end Rob will have taken the starting spot from him, but he and Rob are both playing 20-25 minutes a game -- and Tacko is getting 5-6 situational minutes as well! (Theis to me is more of a backup 4 and injury-replacement/tiny-ball 5 this year.)

Don't sleep on Poirier. I really doubt Tacko gets minutes at all in 19-20, let alone ahead of Poirier.
If Tacko makes the team, there's a few guys he should be tried situationally against (Embiid). Obviously Poirier will be higher in the pecking order but I don't think Brad has ever DNPd a player all 82 games.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,941

Post#464 » by Parliament10 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:02 am

CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:Damn. He lost the title. Shortest title reign ever.

Read on Twitter
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
cloverleaf
General Manager
And1: 6,377

Post#465 » by cloverleaf » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:27 am

Elrod is Back wrote:

I really think you're wrong on Tacko--but of course we shall see. But no, I am not suggesting that Tacko will be ahead of Poirier on the depth chart, only that he will get some minutes. If all goes well Poirier IMO will be the standard third-stringer, but probably getting more equal time, at least to start the season. And hey, if you're right and he exceeds my expectations, staying among the top two options by the end of the year -- I really hope it is because he is that good and not because Rob and/or Enes has so underperformed.
cloverleaf
General Manager
And1: 6,377

Post#466 » by cloverleaf » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:54 am

ballup wrote:So I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but Brad may already have a way to build a defense with Kanter in mind. Use the scheme they ran when Sully was on the team.

If you don't remember or know what I'm talking about, what you do is you put strong pressure on the perimeter and funnel all drives into the middle. Kanter will roam the paint and box out for the board since rebounding is one of his strengths. Now of course there is a clear weakness where the team will give up rim protection and Kanter isn't as nimble/smart as Sully was. Plus 1/5 PnRs would still be an issue, which would be the case regardless.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

I could see that. Sully led the C's in ORB% and had a career 11.5 ORB% average to Kanter's 14.8% (they are closer on the defensive side). How many C's fans would have predicted KO with the long NBA career and big money to Sully's early wash out?

Then again, I see Sully made it to the NBA HoF:
Read on Twitter

(And doesn't look like he's in bad shape, for Sully.)
JHTruth
RealGM
And1: 2,511

Post#467 » by JHTruth » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:08 pm

cloverleaf wrote:
ballup wrote:So I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but Brad may already have a way to build a defense with Kanter in mind. Use the scheme they ran when Sully was on the team.

If you don't remember or know what I'm talking about, what you do is you put strong pressure on the perimeter and funnel all drives into the middle. Kanter will roam the paint and box out for the board since rebounding is one of his strengths. Now of course there is a clear weakness where the team will give up rim protection and Kanter isn't as nimble/smart as Sully was. Plus 1/5 PnRs would still be an issue, which would be the case regardless.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

I could see that. Sully led the C's in ORB% and had a career 11.5 ORB% average to Kanter's 14.8% (they are closer on the defensive side). How many C's fans would have predicted KO with the long NBA career and big money to Sully's early wash out?

Then again, I see Sully made it to the NBA HoF:
Read on Twitter

(And doesn't look like he's in bad shape, for Sully.)

Sully was a heck of a talent. Beast inside and was developing a shot. Just couldn't get in shape..
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,904

Post#468 » by FlatearthZorro » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:50 pm

Parliament10 wrote:
CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:Damn. He lost the title. Shortest title reign ever.

Read on Twitter

Kanter seems like a great dude. If he puts the effort into defense , he'll be a big time fan favorite.
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#469 » by Parliament10 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:19 am

Read on Twitter

Dude is staying in shape.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,192

Post#470 » by ConstableGeneva » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:36 pm

Enes Kanter profile:
Read on Twitter
░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#471 » by Parliament10 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:52 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Kanter is really a positive Guy to have around.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
celticgreenie
Junior
And1: 269

Post#472 » by celticgreenie » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:08 pm

Could Kanter be the better version of 09-10 Rasheed Wallace? More efficient post-up game, plays to his low-post strength by rarely taking 3s, better rebounder, much more left in the tank and not out of shape, etc.
31to6
RealGM
And1: 27,999

Post#473 » by 31to6 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:58 pm

Parliament10 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Kanter is really a positive Guy to have around.

Lol guy is 7’0” 250lb with professional athlete coordination and hands and yet his biggest blessing is that he’s got the gift of gab — lovable goofball. I want him to win a ring with us. Like, right now please.
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,872

Post#474 » by Curmudgeon » Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:09 pm

He's not a goofball. He's staqnding up to a despot in Turkey at great cost to himself and his family. He has moral courage, which doesn't preclude anyone from also having a sense of humor.

He's not the greatest center in the world (particularly on defense) but he's one of Ainge's best free agent signings.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,682

Post#475 » by Fencer reregistered » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:13 pm

Curmudgeon wrote:He's not a goofball. He's staqnding up to a despot in Turkey at great cost to himself and his family. He has moral courage, which doesn't preclude anyone from also having a sense of humor.

He's not the greatest center in the world (particularly on defense) but he's one of Ainge's best free agent signings.

While I agree with your views of him, I think the affectionate word "goofball" fits.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,872

Post#476 » by Curmudgeon » Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:22 pm

I just called my wife a goofball and she didn't think it was affectionate at all.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West

"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells

"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit

Return to Boston Celtics