Nets, Blazers and Spurs, Take 2

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,423

Nets, Blazers and Spurs, Take 2 

Post#1 » by ecuhus1981 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:10 am

The last time I tried this setup, the feedback was that SAS was over-served, at POR's expense. I hope this helps, let me know!

https://tradenba.com/trades/0buxg68hC

NETS TRADE LEVERT/DINWIDDIE/JORDAN FOR DEROZAN/COLLINS/WHITE
Brooklyn gets their 3rd star, and adds to their youth core. I know that DJ has a ton of FO sway as the 3rd member for the Kevin/Kyrie trio. I do think that if push comes to shove, Marks will make the best long-term organizational decision and keep Jarrett. Zach adds
a stretch dimension to the frontcourt, and can play alongside or in a platoon with Allen. Derrick is not Spencer, but he actually may fit better next to our stars, assuming said stars are healthy.

BLAZERS TRADE MCCOLLUM/ARIZA/COLLINS FOR ALDRIDGE/LEVERT/DINWIDDIE
Portland breaks up their redundant, undersized backcourt tandem for a long, versatile and more balanced attack. Spencer and Caris can make up for the scoring load of CJ, and provide more playmaking and defense collectively. LMA is not in his heyday, and POR fans are right to say that they are not overly excited about a reunion. Still, his P&P skillset would fit their needs to a T.

SPURS TRADE DEROZAN/ALDRIDGE/WHITE FOR MCCOLLUM/ARIZA/JORDAN
San Antonio enters a new era, and builds around a fire-and-ice backcourt duo of McCollum and Murray. DeAndre can deputize as a starting C until Jakob is ready, and Trevor is a solid mentor.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
Resistance
General Manager
And1: 3,364

Re: Nets, Blazers and Spurs, Take 2 

Post#2 » by Resistance » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:19 am

I thought that having DAJ on the roster was part of the pitch by the Nets to get Durant ad Irving to sign last summer.

I don't know if the defense would be very good with DDR and Irving on the floor together.
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,252

Post#3 » by JRoy » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:28 am

ecuhus1981 wrote:The last time I tried this setup, the feedback was that SAS was over-served, at POR's expense. I hope this helps, let me know!

Brooklyn gets their 3rd star, and adds to their youth core. I know that DJ has a ton of FO sway as the 3rd member for the Kevin/Kyrie trio. I do think that if push comes to shove, Marks will make the best long-term organizational decision and keep Jarrett. Zach adds
a stretch dimension to the frontcourt, and can play alongside or in a platoon with Allen. Derrick is not Spencer, but he actually may fit better next to our stars, assuming said stars are healthy.

Portland breaks up their redundant, undersized backcourt tandem for a long, versatile and more balanced attack. Spencer and Caris can make up for the scoring load of CJ, and provide more playmaking and defense collectively. LMA is not in his heyday, and POR fans are right to say that they are not overly excited about a reunion. Still, his P&P skillset would fit their needs to a T.

San Antonio enters a new era, and builds around a fire-and-ice backcourt duo of McCollum and Murray. DeAndre can deputize as a starting C until Jakob is ready, and Trevor is a solid mentor.

Hard pass for POR.

Give up the best player and address none of our roster issues, taking on a pair of guards and a fossil.

No thank you.

Heavily slanted to SA.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,201

Post#4 » by Godaddycurse » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:31 am

ecuhus1981 wrote:

Jakob is a free agent. He wasn't extended after his rookie deal expired if i remember correctly.. I don't think this trade moves the needle for the spurs. They are taking on long term $$$ but will still miss the playoffs so it seems pointless to do. Might as well let the vets expire and rebuild instead.
PDX MM
Veteran
And1: 959

Post#5 » by PDX MM » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:00 am

Zero interest in bringing LMA back to Portland. Send him somewhere else and get us a starting SF.
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,423

Post#6 » by ecuhus1981 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:06 am

PDX MM wrote:Zero interest in bringing LMA back to Portland. Send him somewhere else and get us a starting SF.

You get a starting SF with LeVert, AND you get LaMarcus as well.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
Myth
General Manager
And1: 8,380

Post#7 » by Myth » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:22 am

I don't hate, but I don't think Portland says yes either. Portland likely pushes for a protected 1st from the Nets who likely expecting to be a top 10 team next year (Maybe top 20 protected for 2 years and then convert to 2 2nds if not conveyed). I doubt Spurs are giving up a pick as they were previously rumored to be seeking picks for Aldridge and this is the closest they have been to a rebuild in over 20 years.
JRoy
RealGM

Post#8 » by JRoy » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:26 am

I do hate it.

Dinwiddie backs up DL, LMA is what, 3rd string center?

And we give up 3 starters without addressing a single need.

DOA
Edrees wrote:

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
PDX MM
Veteran
And1: 959

Post#9 » by PDX MM » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:29 am

ecuhus1981 wrote:
PDX MM wrote:Zero interest in bringing LMA back to Portland. Send him somewhere else and get us a starting SF.

I thought LeVert was a guard but that doesn't change my mind with LMA. If it is my call I still say no unless you find a 3rd team to take him.
jredsaz
General Manager
And1: 2,788

Post#10 » by jredsaz » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:38 am

PDX MM wrote:
ecuhus1981 wrote:

I thought LeVert was a guard but that doesn't change my mind with LMA. If it is my call I still say no unless you find a 3rd team to take him.
I think LeVert is being overrated here. Advanced offensive stats arent pretty. The argument would be he hasnt ever played with a guy like Dame that could open up his game. Help him be more efficient.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach
And1: 3,577

Post#11 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:11 pm

Is the star in this deal Derrick white? Because Derozan is nowhere close to a star and isn’t even better than Dinwiddie at this point. He’s also an utterly terrible fit with Brooklyn. This trade makes the Nets worse for no reason.

The Nets aren’t looking to downgrade and won’t be moving Jordan as long as KD and Kyrie are here.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#12 » by Prokorov » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:05 pm

ecuhus1981 wrote:The last time I tried this setup, the feedback was that SAS was over-served, at POR's expense. I hope this helps, let me know!

Jordan likely not being trade aside, the nets are sucking value away here. The spurs/blazers would just cut the nets out...

The spurs would easily take Collins over Jordan/ariza. and the blazets would easily take white/derozan over levert/dinwiddie.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#13 » by Prokorov » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:08 pm

ecuhus1981 wrote:

Levert is an oft injured ball dominant player with avg to below avg defense, mediocure shooting, poor finishing at the rim, and is overall very inefficienct

he doesnt come close to being a starting calbur SF, especially on a team with a ball dominant G like lillard and he is an enormous downgrade from mccullum who would be headed out
JRoy
RealGM

Post#14 » by JRoy » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:24 pm

Prokorov wrote:
ecuhus1981 wrote:

Levert is an oft injured ball dominant player with avg to below avg defense, mediocure shooting, poor finishing at the rim, and is overall very inefficienct

he doesnt come close to being a starting calbur SF, especially on a team with a ball dominant G like lillard and he is an enormous downgrade from mccullum who would be headed out

Yeah the deal is good for SA only
Edrees wrote:

Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,201

Post#15 » by Godaddycurse » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:40 pm

JRoy wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
ecuhus1981 wrote:You get a starting SF with LeVert, AND you get LaMarcus as well.

Yeah the deal is good for SA only

i'd argue its bad for SA too because it leaves them in no man's land for next 3 years. McCollum doesn't fit the timeline of the rest of their roster and i doubt he will lead them into the playoffs.
pad300
Sixth Man
And1: 383

Post#16 » by pad300 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:28 pm

So SAS trades out for worse players( Mccollum < Derozan, Ariza < White, Aldridge<= Jordan) on longer contracts (Mcollum has 4 years after this one, and Jordan has 3) and sends out young talent (white) as well... Sure that makes sense...
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach
And1: 3,577

Post#17 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:14 pm

pad300 wrote:So SAS trades out for worse players( Mccollum < Derozan, Ariza < White, Aldridge<= Jordan) on longer contracts (Mcollum has 4 years after this one, and Jordan has 3) and sends out young talent (white) as well... Sure that makes sense...

McCollum is a much better player than Derozan and Derrick White at 26 averaging 10 PPG isn’t necessarily a young talent but otherwise I agree.

Return to Trades and Transactions