ImageImageImageImageImage

[Bontemps] How the Toronto Raptors are turning Fort Myers into a test for the NBA's Walt Disney World bubble

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

And1Skip
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,725

[Bontemps] How the Toronto Raptors are turning Fort Myers into a test for the NBA's Walt Disney World bubble 

Post#1 » by And1Skip » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:22 pm

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29376652/how-toronto-raptors-turning-fort-myers-test-nba-walt-disney-world-bubble

"I feel really safe here," Raptors coach Nick Nurse told ESPN. "We've got a great setup, and I feel good, man."
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,545

Re: [Bontemps] How the Toronto Raptors are turning Fort Myers into a test for the NBA's Walt Disney World bubble 

Post#2 » by Psubs » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:26 pm

Raptors are first ones in a Florida bubble but start playing on the 3rd day....

There was some locker room issues with the Clippers earlier this season, I wonder how the time off and the situation will affect them.
d00lttle
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,346

Re: [Bontemps] How the Toronto Raptors are turning Fort Myers into a test for the NBA's Walt Disney World bubble 

Post#3 » by d00lttle » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:34 pm

Raptors bought to go back to back by being elite at social distancing and washing their hands. You think Nurse is drawing X's and O's? That's checkers. He's out here playing chess by getting his guys to never touch their face.
bape_lovers
RealGM
And1: 17,872

Post#4 » by bape_lovers » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:21 pm

hell yea..our players would be wearing goggles and anti sweat face mask

d00lttle wrote:Raptors bought to go back to back by being elite at social distancing and washing their hands. You think Nurse is drawing X's and O's? That's checkers. He's out here playing chess by getting his guys to never touch their face.

Credit to JaysRule, Detective
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 21,755

Post#5 » by ItsDanger » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:22 pm

It's really the location staff that will be the biggest variable. From what we know, this aspect appears very questionable in regards to maintaining a bubble.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
Tofubeque
RealGM
And1: 14,160

Post#6 » by Tofubeque » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:25 pm

At first I was annoyed the Raptors would have to fly down early and be in quarantine longer than other teams, but it’s probably an advantage really. This is basically extra practice time.
props Turbozone
RaptorsNorth
RealGM
And1: 13,757

Post#7 » by RaptorsNorth » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:41 pm

Psubs wrote:Raptors are first ones in a Florida bubble but start playing on the 3rd day....

There was some locker room issues with the Clippers earlier this season, I wonder how the time off and the situation will affect them.
don’t care about clippers to be honest. I’m
More worried about the Lakers with Lebron still adding talent and the fact RJ Smith is a Raptor killer in the playoffs.
“Elephant in the room : Nick Thibodeau” Board member seanbig :lol: :lol: :lol:

"THEY'RE SAYING US AND GOLDEN STATE ARE THE SUPER TEAMS" Knicks PG Derrick Rose :lol:
Harcore Fenton Mun
RealGM
And1: 7,672

Post#8 » by Harcore Fenton Mun » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:46 pm

If we get lucky and don't get sick. We're going to stomp these fools.

We're clearly focused and on point.
Syd-TK3
RealGM
And1: 17,525

Post#9 » by Syd-TK3 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:05 pm

RaptorsNorth wrote:
Psubs wrote:Raptors are first ones in a Florida bubble but start playing on the 3rd day....

More worried about the Lakers with Lebron still adding talent and the fact RJ Smith is a Raptor killer in the playoffs.

We match up way better with the Lakers than the clippers. If we can shake off our "lebronto" fear we have a better chance of beating them
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,545

Post#10 » by Psubs » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:07 pm

d00lttle wrote:Raptors bought to go back to back by being elite at social distancing and washing their hands. You think Nurse is drawing X's and O's? That's checkers. He's out here playing chess by getting his guys to never touch their face.

Imagine Hornacek in today's NBA!?!?!!?!? :talkhand:

tdotrep2
RealGM
And1: 25,333

Post#11 » by tdotrep2 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:10 pm

any vids of the workouts? probably not but worth asking
niQ
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 29,164

Post#12 » by niQ » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:20 pm

Psubs wrote:

Imagine Hornacek in today's NBA!?!?!!?!? :talkhand:

As long as Ibaka stops kissing the ball after every free throw we should be golden.

OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,829

Post#13 » by OAKLEY_2 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:03 pm

RaptorsNorth wrote:

OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,829

Post#14 » by OAKLEY_2 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:08 pm

Last thing this team needs to do as defending champs is let a part time scrub like J.R. Smith get inside their heads. This ain't the Casey Raps. Miami scares me most. Dominant wing, Dominant big, pesky guard who is twice as good as Bledsoe snd the scrub points of the Lakers and Clips. Yeah I said it the East scares me more than the west.
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,690

Post#15 » by Basketball_Jones » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:10 pm

Clippers destroyed us in the regular season and they have playoff Kawhi. Lebron isn’t as dangerous nowadays and can actually be contained.
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,137

Post#16 » by Raps in 4 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:59 pm

Kawhi coming back to join Giannis after his contract is up.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,137

Post#17 » by Raps in 4 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:59 pm

Basketball_Jones wrote:Clippers destroyed us in the regular season and they have playoff Kawhi. Lebron isn’t as dangerous nowadays and can actually be contained.

The Clippers are going to run away with the title unless they suffer a catastrophic injury. No team comes close to them in talent.

The Lakers have comparable top-end talent but a weak supporting cast.

The Bucks have a comparable supporting cast but lack the top-end talent (they only have one star).

Between these 3 teams, I hope the Bucks win it, but I just don't see anyone beating LAC right now.
Brinbe
RealGM
And1: 35,272

Post#18 » by Brinbe » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:50 pm

we got a close-knit group of guys, being together for a good amount of time to practice and bond even more will pay dividends down the road. confident in this team to do the best they can. helps that we finally have a fully healthy lineup available
Mikistan
RealGM
And1: 38,333

Post#19 » by Mikistan » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:59 am

This team is still a team of destiny
casual_raps_fan
Pro Prospect
And1: 616

Post#20 » by casual_raps_fan » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:39 am

Mikistan wrote:This team is still a team of destiny

Something just seems different about our current group of guys this season compared to... really anything that I've seen. They are on a mission and everybody from front office, coaching staff, players are in it together.

Return to Toronto Raptors