Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,866

Re: Political Roundtable Part XXVIII 

Post#1361 » by Wizardspride » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:17 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,334

Post#1362 » by dobrojim » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:06 pm

Pointgod wrote:
dobrojim wrote:https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/06/25/what-charles-bookers-run-tells-us-about-2020-election/

Not a very flattering view of McGrath painted here. Results Tuesday but I kinda feel
like maybe Booker would be the stronger candidate. Very likely in fact. And wouldn't
that just be perfect if he knocked off #moscowmitch.

Stay tuned

Booker’s come-from-behind campaign became a powerful way for millennials and others to channel their outrage about racism into a constructive political response. Alumni of Sen. Bernie Sanders’s campaign engaged in the race, activating their network. Booker — as people in Kentucky who had seen him in the legislature knew — has the warm, pulpit-ready personality to handle a bigger stage.

Booker adopted much of the Sanders agenda — Medicare-for-all, Green New Deal, universal basic income, path to citizenship and more — but on the campaign trail and in his late-arriving ads he sounded more like an old-school, kitchen-table Democrat advocating government action on health care and jobs that would help people “from the hood to the holler.”

He kept that promise, riding his bus into eastern Kentucky, where residents suffer from opioid addiction, covid-19-induced recession and the steady loss of coal jobs. Stories of his battle with diabetes helped him connect emotionally with folks who needed medication and health care and had neither. “He drew good crowds in the mountains,” said Matt Jones, a popular sports talk show host. “Voters appreciate it when you show up.”

Well as of now Booker is polling 14 points behind McConnell while McGrath is 20 points behind him so I don’t expect either of them to win. If Booker won it would be a good test to see just how popular Progressive policies are in red states since he’s pretty much aligned to Bernie, AOC etc.

I guess the campaign ads I seen only told me about more favorable polls.
Just went to RCP and they did not have anything current. Are you sure about
those number PG? From what I hear, Mitch has become a tiresome person in
much of KY. That said, we all know KY was a deep red state. Then again,
they just elected a dem gov.
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
dobrojim
RealGM

Post#1363 » by dobrojim » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:09 pm

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/workers-removed-thousands-of-social-distancing-stickers-before-trumps-tulsa-rally-according-to-video-and-a-person-familiar-with-the-set-up/2020/06/27/f429c3be-b801-11ea-9b0f-c797548c1154_story.html

No words.

The removal contradicted instructions from the management of the BOK Center, the 19,000-seat arena in downtown Tulsa where Trump held his rally on June 20. At the time, coronavirus cases were rising sharply in Tulsa County, and Trump faced intense criticism for convening a large crowd for an indoor political rally, his first such event since the start of the pandemic.

WallToWall
Veteran
And1: 937

Post#1364 » by WallToWall » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:59 pm

Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

Either his staff is incompetent for not informing the president, or quite competent in knowing what the presidents reaction would be.
Now that the president know this, or rather the public know that the president knows this, for him to not even respond, even with words, is an abomination.
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,675

Post#1365 » by Pointgod » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:12 am

dobrojim wrote:
Pointgod wrote:
dobrojim wrote:https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/06/25/what-charles-bookers-run-tells-us-about-2020-election/

Not a very flattering view of McGrath painted here. Results Tuesday but I kinda feel
like maybe Booker would be the stronger candidate. Very likely in fact. And wouldn't
that just be perfect if he knocked off #moscowmitch.

Stay tuned

Well as of now Booker is polling 14 points behind McConnell while McGrath is 20 points behind him so I don’t expect either of them to win. If Booker won it would be a good test to see just how popular Progressive policies are in red states since he’s pretty much aligned to Bernie, AOC etc.

I guess the campaign ads I seen only told me about more favorable polls.
Just went to RCP and they did not have anything current. Are you sure about
those number PG? From what I hear, Mitch has become a tiresome person in
much of KY. That said, we all know KY was a deep red state. Then again,
they just elected a dem gov.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/

It’s on 538. It doesn’t exactly inspire confidence but I’m sure the polls will tighten once a candidate is announced. People hate Mitch McConnell but Kentucky is still a deep red state and about 13% non white. I know that they recently elected a Democratic Governor, but he was closer to McGrath than Booker on the political spectrum and his win was based on the rare combination of name recognition and his opponent being a literal monster.

I don’t see McConnell losing but the GOP doesn’t have unlimited funds. If McConnell has to focus his money to his race that means less for other candidates. I can see McConnell dropping dead weight like McSally, Gardner and Susan Collins (ha!). Really wish Abrams could get in the race in Georgia. Two open seats and I think Abrams could help turnout the vote. Beyond that there are a lot of competitive races in the Senate.
dobrojim
RealGM

Post#1366 » by dobrojim » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:49 am

I think there is a fair chance the dems will sweep the two senate races in GA. (knock on wood)
Ossoff definitely.

gtn130
Analyst
And1: 2,740

Post#1367 » by gtn130 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:55 pm

Read on Twitter

Trump is already calling it fake news, and right wing media is playing along. There will be incontrovertible evidence that Trump was briefed on this and did nothing, but it won't matter because the MAGA shitheads and their enablers don't actually gaf about THE TROOPS and it's always been a bunch of virtue signaling. All that matters is that Nate gets his ethnostate and MAGA idiots are enshrined as first class citizens
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1368 » by Ruzious » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:01 pm

gtn130 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Trump is already calling it fake news, and right wing media is playing along. There will be incontrovertible evidence that Trump was briefed on this and did nothing, but it won't matter because the MAGA shitheads and their enablers don't actually gaf about THE TROOPS and it's always been a bunch of virtue signaling. All that matters is that Nate gets his ethnostate and MAGA idiots are enshrined as first class citizens

Trying to do intelligence work for the Trump admin must be literally the most unrewarding job in the US.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,352

Post#1369 » by doclinkin » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:49 pm

Of course this will occasion a full hunt and kill squad

...inside the West Wing looking for 'leakers'

This treasonous human clot needs to be excised. We need his tax returns and he needs to be prosecuted. If he is unelectable he will probably try to find a Kilingon defense where he can sweep the chess board and raging that "this game has no honor" (sorry: "its rigged!!!) then storm off in a rage, quit before November, so Mike Pence proactively pardon him for anything he might have done that has not yet been prosecuted. Or might yet do.
JWizmentality
RealGM
And1: 5,093

Post#1370 » by JWizmentality » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:31 pm

Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

Tim Scott is such a pathetic human being.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#1371 » by montestewart » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:45 pm

doclinkin wrote:Of course this will occasion a full hunt and kill squad

...inside the West Wing looking for 'leakers'

This treasonous human clot needs to be excised. We need his tax returns and he needs to be prosecuted. If he is unelectable he will probably try to find a Kilingon defense where he can sweep the chess board and raging that "this game has no honor" (sorry: "its rigged!!!) then storm off in a rage, quit before November, so Mike Pence proactively pardon him for anything he might have done that has not yet been prosecuted. Or might yet do.

A prospective pardon. What a brilliant idea! A get out of jail free card when he kills a BLM protester on 5th Avenue in front of Trump Tower.
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#1372 » by Wizardspride » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:51 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,626

Post#1373 » by pancakes3 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:57 pm

Post removed. Personal attacks.
Bullets -> Wizards
gtn130
Analyst

Post#1374 » by gtn130 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:35 pm

Read on Twitter

Incredibly normal thing innocent people would do. No coverup here. Libs have been owned! This is Nate's MAGA fever dream.
gtn130
Analyst

Post#1375 » by gtn130 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:36 pm

Do you guys think Nate is into QAnon?
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,626

Post#1376 » by pancakes3 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:46 pm

"I don't believe in QAnon but you're crazy if you don't think that there are thousands of entrenched Washington elites, who are for lack of a better term the "Deep State" that are doing whatever they can to frustrate the presidency of Donald Trump for the simple reason that he cannot be bought or controlled." - A couple of other Nate-types I know
Bullets -> Wizards
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#1377 » by Wizardspride » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:39 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#1378 » by Wizardspride » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:47 am

Read on Twitter
?s=19

:o

Read on Twitter
?s=19
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#1379 » by Wizardspride » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:24 am

Read on Twitter
?s=19
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1380 » by Ruzious » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:12 pm

JWizmentality wrote:
Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

Tim Scott is such a pathetic human being.

But even a shlub like Scott had to call Trump's tweet indefensible. I mean... people like Howard Cosell and Jimmy the Greek got fired from SPORTS JOBS... because of comments no worse than what Trump's tweeted and said. Oops, he did it again. Guess what - his people approve of these oops'. They might as well wear white sheets all the time.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams

Return to Washington Wizards