Cavs sign Jordan Bell

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

RyderMike
Assistant Coach
And1: 6,799

Cavs sign Jordan Bell 

Post#1 » by RyderMike » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:25 pm

Read on Twitter

Cavs prepping for the bubble that they are not in.

(I know it's for next year)
twozeroMM
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,717

Re: Cavs sign Jordan Bell 

Post#2 » by twozeroMM » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:32 pm

I still remember all the hype this man got when her got drafted to the Warriors and people were saying it as unfair that they can just buy a player like him.
CIN-C-STAR
Head Coach
And1: 16,280

Post#3 » by CIN-C-STAR » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:37 pm

Who doesn't want a big that can't shoot or protect the rim? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
"I'd rather have Kevin Love spacing out to the three point line than anything (Karl) Malone brings"
:lol: :lol: :lol:
HeatIn5
General Manager
And1: 18,357

Post#4 » by HeatIn5 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:40 pm

CIN-C-STAR wrote:Who doesn't want an undersized big that can't shoot or protect the rim? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fixed
Read on Twitter
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,373

Post#5 » by JonFromVA » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:34 pm

RyderMike wrote:
Read on Twitter

Cavs prepping for the bubble that they are not in.

(I know it's for next year)

I suspect some details are missing, like 2 years with minimal guarantees.
CS707
Head Coach
And1: 6,270

Post#6 » by CS707 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:43 pm

Shame this guy was such a knucklehead. He looked like a steal for a minute.
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,222

Post#7 » by Dan Z » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:08 pm

twozeroMM wrote:I still remember all the hype this man got when her got drafted to the Warriors and people were saying it as unfair that they can just buy a player like him.

Bulls fans, including myself, were upset about selling that pick. Not because of Bell himself, but because it was the start of a rebuild and the team was selling off picks.
birdlives_ma
Senior
And1: 779

Post#8 » by birdlives_ma » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:12 pm

gst8 wrote:Shame this guy was such a knucklehead. He looked like a steal for a minute.

Yeah, I was surprised he washed out. He looked a little like Dray’s successor with the passing and switchiness. I think winning a ring his first year might have done him in...
rtiff68
Veteran
And1: 3,709

Post#9 » by rtiff68 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:33 pm

I really thought he would gain more traction in the league early on.

It’s hard to call a 2nd round pick a disappointment, but he definitely disappointed me.
LivingLegend
Head Coach
And1: 7,745

Post#10 » by LivingLegend » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:06 pm

Dont hate it, he will have easy opportunity for playing time to try to regain his rookie form. Plus the Cavs are in desperate need of any type of forward who can play even a hint of defense.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,239

Post#11 » by xdrta+ » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:12 pm

LivingLegend wrote:Dont hate it, he will have easy opportunity for playing time to try to regain his rookie form. Plus the Cavs are in desperate need of any type of forward who can play even a hint of defense.

That's not Bell.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#12 » by The_Hater » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:13 pm

twozeroMM wrote:I still remember all the hype this man got when her got drafted to the Warriors and people were saying it as unfair that they can just buy a player like him.

Based on skill, size and athletic ability he should be an NBA rotation player, unfortunately bball IQ and coachability often don’t expose themselves until much later.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#13 » by The_Hater » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:19 pm

LivingLegend wrote:Dont hate it, he will have easy opportunity for playing time to try to regain his rookie form. Plus the Cavs are in desperate need of any type of forward who can play even a hint of defense.

Just at a glance he’s at minimum behind Drummond, Love and Nance on the big man depth chart and the Cavs have made noise about re-signing Thompson as well. And unfortunately for him, Bell has only proven to be a terrible defender in his NBA career thus far. It’s a flyer for the Cavs but there’s a lot of good reasons he was unemployed for months.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
dc
Head Coach
And1: 8,563

Post#14 » by dc » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:31 pm

It's too bad on Bell. The guy has ability but unfortunately has a lot of Anthony Randolph-itis in him.

He thinks he deserves a bigger role than the one he's been getting. To his credit, he did work hard on his game in the summer, but he automatically thought this would translate into an expanded role and minutes. When he didn't get the role he wanted, he started complaining.

That was a lot coming from a 2nd round pick. At least Magic Randolph was a lotto pick (though late).
Brian Geltzeiler: You see Mark Jackson getting a head coaching job as early as next year?

Adrian Wojnarowski: Not if people make calls on him. Not if an organization is doing their homework and knows all the things he brings with him.
jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 9,341

Post#15 » by jwise44 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:32 pm

Cavs (and Detroit) are in a position that they should be taking chances on any young player with ability and hope they hit. So they might as well sign someone like bell and hope they can mold him into what everyone thought he could bw
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,239

Post#16 » by xdrta+ » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:38 pm

Can anyone explain why the Cavs felt a need to fill up their roster now? It's a long time until next season, or even training camp. Who knows what the draft will look like, who will be available, etc. I don't get it.
OfficialRef
Starter
And1: 2,418

Post#17 » by OfficialRef » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:53 pm

Haven't watched his games but if hes pretty much like his Warrior days then he should be out of the league.
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,373

Post#18 » by JonFromVA » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:55 pm

xdrta+ wrote:Can anyone explain why the Cavs felt a need to fill up their roster now? It's a long time until next season, or even training camp. Who knows what the draft will look like, who will be available, etc. I don't get it.

The Cavs aren't afraid to throw around a little money that benefits a player in exchange for a degree of control over that player and the flexibility to package them in a deal as filler and/or cut them if necessary.

Also have to pay attention to the agents involved sometimes ...
CS707
Head Coach
And1: 6,270

Post#19 » by CS707 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:24 pm

birdlives_ma wrote:
gst8 wrote:Shame this guy was such a knucklehead. He looked like a steal for a minute.

Yeah, I was surprised he washed out. He looked a little like Dray’s successor with the passing and switchiness. I think winning a ring his first year might have done him in...

He got into the Draymond, KD social circle pretty quickly and I think he started acting like he already made it. Supposedly those guys had to drag him to practice at times and eventually got tired of him.
dc
Head Coach
And1: 8,563

Post#20 » by dc » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:47 pm

gst8 wrote:He got into the Draymond, KD social circle pretty quickly and I think he started acting like he already made it. Supposedly those guys had to drag him to practice at times and eventually got tired of him.

-Yeah, he skipped out on "optional practices", not knowing that it's actually code word for "optional for veterans only".

-He actually had a heart to heart talk with Durant. He was surprised at the level of love/commitment KD had for the game. He was like "Damn, I love basketball, but I don't love it that much."

-Kerr yelled at him constantly for not hustling/not running the floor.

-Acted like a drunk idiot (well, he was drunk) during the championship parade. Igoudala told him to quit acting like an immature @sshat.

It's too bad. He has the ability to be a quality rotation player (and sometimes starter) in the league. Just thinks he's better than he really is and that he's more important than that role that's been given to him. I think the vets were really impressed by him at first. David West expressed surprise that he was a 2nd round pick.
Brian Geltzeiler: You see Mark Jackson getting a head coaching job as early as next year?

Adrian Wojnarowski: Not if people make calls on him. Not if an organization is doing their homework and knows all the things he brings with him.

Return to The General Board