Image ImageImage Image

OT: COVID-19 thread #2

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Dresden
RealGM
And1: 5,864

Re: OT: COVID-19 thread #2 

Post#2001 » by Dresden » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:50 pm

musiqsoulchild wrote:
TheStig wrote:
PlayerUp wrote:
Well we're all entitled to our own opinions. Nobody is wrong.

You have to impeach when a crime is done but why they rushed the investigation and didn't follow the money and get his tax returns is the crazy part. The investigation was completely rushed and how a president can stonewall the whole thing is insane. Their chance for succeeding was putting together the whole puzzle and totality. Not the dog and pony show the house did.

The point if it was to do a dog and pony show.

The point wasnt to actually get him out of office. You cant without the Senate.

I think the point of it was for the House to say to the president "Just because the Senate will cover your ass no matter what you do, we're still going to do our jobs as required by the Constitution".
PrimzyBulls81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,226

Post#2002 » by PrimzyBulls81 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:52 pm

DuckIII wrote:
ImSlower wrote:People like Primzy are why America has 25% of the half-a-million worldwide deaths, with 4% of the world's population.

Masks arent going to save the world overnight. But tens of thousands of people who have COVID without realizing it have inadvertently saved lives by walking past uninfected people in the store, and that ugly itchy mask held hust enough infected spittle in that the person happily wandered on to the chips aisle.

Many others like Primzy have inadvertently spread the disease, because social distancing is for liberals and masks make them look less cool. Or something.

The oxygen / CO2 excuse is absolutely absurd. Our surgeons and painters don't have a shorter life expectancy because of their daily mask use. Using that as a reason to endanger your community is embarrassing.

People like you infuritate me, Primzy. I want my uncle back. My coworker. My best friend's dad. My dozen or so New Yorkers I directly knew who lost someone. Just wear a stupid mask. It takes 5 seconds. Come together and who the **** knows maybe we can do something right.

I appreciate the effort here but people like Primzy are selfish truth deniers. It’s become cool and even admirable to a large contingent of our society to be an aggressive and open dumb ass. And this isn’t limited to masks.

Well read my last post..
Dresden
RealGM

Post#2003 » by Dresden » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:00 pm

I've seen the video's of the experiments they do with colored particles being blown out through a mask v. without a mask, that show how much particulate matter is captured by a mask. No matter what kind of mask you have, the cloth fibers are tight enough and large enough that they will block a certain amount of the particulates being exhaled. So right there, you have some protection, because quite a bit of what could be virus laden particulates are being stopped from entering the environment. And it's the large particles that get expelled when you sneeze or cough that are the real culprits.

Secondly, the virus cannot live for very long on a cloth surface, studies have shown that. So it's not true that if you infect your mask, and then put it on the next day, you are putting a virus laden mask. The masks are thin enough that any moisture in them quickly gets wicked out into the air, so that any virus living in them will also dry out and die.
Dresden
RealGM

Post#2004 » by Dresden » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:03 pm

Also, wearing an N95 will certainly protect YOU from getting sick. It may not prevent you from getting other sick, but it does provide YOU with protection. And again, they do also offer some degree of protection to others because if you sneeze or cough, a large majority of the particles will get blown right into the cloth surface of the mask and be trapped there. Some will also escape through the vents, but most of the large particles will get trapped. So again, they are far, far better than not wearing anything.
musiqsoulchild
RealGM
And1: 6,354

Post#2005 » by musiqsoulchild » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:08 pm

PrimzyBulls81 wrote:mask here,mask there.. these masks are pure BS and only profit for some companies, but protection from them,is very very poor! basic higiene is the key here,social distancing and that sick people dont walk around like zombies

Part of basic hygiene during a Pandemic is to wear a cloth covering.

That's the whole point of masks.

A perfectly "healthy" person could be a major carrier of COVID 19.

That's exactly the point of wearing masks, washing hands and walking 6 feet apart.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,578

Post#2006 » by DuckIII » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:46 pm

PrimzyBulls81 wrote:
ImSlower wrote:People like Primzy are why America has 25% of the half-a-million worldwide deaths, with 4% of the world's population.

Masks arent going to save the world overnight. But tens of thousands of people who have COVID without realizing it have inadvertently saved lives by walking past uninfected people in the store, and that ugly itchy mask held hust enough infected spittle in that the person happily wandered on to the chips aisle.

Many others like Primzy have inadvertently spread the disease, because social distancing is for liberals and masks make them look less cool. Or something.

The oxygen / CO2 excuse is absolutely absurd. Our surgeons and painters don't have a shorter life expectancy because of their daily mask use. Using that as a reason to endanger your community is embarrassing.

People like you infuritate me, Primzy. I want my uncle back. My coworker. My best friend's dad. My dozen or so New Yorkers I directly knew who lost someone. Just wear a stupid mask. It takes 5 seconds. Come together and who the **** knows maybe we can do something right.

Im not American, I live in Europe.. I take care of hygiene, distancing and I wear mask, not because of me, but others.. But covid19 is.... Well its not natural and It came from labs.

That post above about masks, its not mine mine, its copy pasted as one version of looking on things.

1. Your country of origin is irrelevant to spreading garbage information.

2. Whether you wrote the garbage information is irrelevant to you spreading garbage information.

3. The origin of COVID-19, whatever it is, is irrelevant to taking steps to curbing its spread.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
Dresden
RealGM

Post#2007 » by Dresden » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:05 pm

COVID 19 certainly could be "natural". Many viruses have made the leap from affecting animals to affecting also humans. It just takes the right mutation. That is basic science. They still can't pinpoint the exact origin of this virus, but all signs lead to it having come from bats that occurred "naturally" in the wild, and then made the jump to humans because of a particular mutation it developed. It happens- just look up "zoonotic" viruses.
Dresden
RealGM

Post#2008 » by Dresden » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:10 pm

Study: 100% face mask use could crush second, third COVID-19 wave

By Mike Moffitt, SFGATE Updated 12:56 pm PDT, Friday, June 12, 2020

A new modeling study out of Cambridge and Greenwich universities suggests that face masks may be even more important than originally thought in preventing future outbreaks of the new coronavirus.

To ward off resurgences, the reproduction number for the virus (the average number of people who will contract it from one infected person) needs to drop below 1.0. Researchers don’t believe that’s achievable with lockdowns alone. However, a combination of lockdowns and widespread mask compliance might do the trick, they say.

“We show that, when face masks are used by the public all the time (not just from when symptoms first appear), the effective reproduction number, Re, can be decreased below 1, leading to the mitigation of epidemic spread,” the scientists wrote in the paper published Wednesday by the Proceedings of the Royal Society A.

The modeling indicated that when lockdown periods are combined with 100% face mask use, disease spread is vastly diminished, preventing resurgence for 18 months, the time frame that has frequently been cited for developing a vaccine. It also demonstrated that if people wear masks in public, it is twice as effective at reducing the R number than if face coverings are only worn after symptoms appear.

The masks don’t have to be top-of-the-line surgical or respirator masks. Homemade coverings that catch only 50 percent of exhaled droplets would provide a “population-level benefit,” they concluded.

As has been well-publicized, wearing a mask primarily protects others from yourself, rather than the other way around. It is not a sign that you consider others a danger.

Science Focus quoted the study’s lead author, Dr Richard Stutt, as saying, “Our analyses support the immediate and universal adoption of face masks by the public.”
ImSlower
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,426

Post#2009 » by ImSlower » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:35 pm

Welcome to the forum, migelr. You certainly have an interesting distribution of teams you follow. I am a pretty big pot proponent, but if you're an actual person and not a forum bot, I don't think that CBD is 'protecting' anyone from an airborne virus, no. It certainly might assist with pain mediation among those battling it, although I certainly wouldn't recommend smoking whle battling a pulmonary threat.
TheStig
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Post#2010 » by TheStig » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:57 pm

musiqsoulchild wrote:
TheStig wrote:
PlayerUp wrote:
Well we're all entitled to our own opinions. Nobody is wrong.

You have to impeach when a crime is done but why they rushed the investigation and didn't follow the money and get his tax returns is the crazy part. The investigation was completely rushed and how a president can stonewall the whole thing is insane. Their chance for succeeding was putting together the whole puzzle and totality. Not the dog and pony show the house did.

Yo absolutely could if you did a though and deep investigation. Let me remind you, the republicans and Ken star started a investigation into a business deal and the house impeached clinton about lying about an affair. Where was the deep investigation on trump?
TheStig
RealGM

Post#2011 » by TheStig » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:04 pm

Dresden wrote:
musiqsoulchild wrote:
TheStig wrote:You have to impeach when a crime is done but why they rushed the investigation and didn't follow the money and get his tax returns is the crazy part. The investigation was completely rushed and how a president can stonewall the whole thing is insane. Their chance for succeeding was putting together the whole puzzle and totality. Not the dog and pony show the house did.

I think the point of it was for the House to say to the president "Just because the Senate will cover your ass no matter what you do, we're still going to do our jobs as required by the Constitution".

This is a valid point. But there is also a point where you find the smoking gun and they can't cover it up or deny it. But you can't do that if you rush through impeachment.
PlayerUp
Analyst
And1: 1,847

Post#2012 » by PlayerUp » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:35 pm

In other Trump news

- Iran issues arrest warrant for President Trump and 35 others over Qassem Soleimani killing.

- Reddit banned r/The_Donald along with 2000 other subreddits (Trump supporters run it, not Trumps team)

- Twitch temporarily suspended Donald Trump for hate speech. This comes after Dr Disrespect was banned Friday - https://www.twitch.tv/donaldtrump (Not sure who runs this)

The 2nd half of 2020 is going to get interesting and not interesting in a good way :/
moorhosj
Junior
And1: 350

Post#2013 » by moorhosj » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:18 pm

PlayerUp wrote:In other Trump news

- Iran issues arrest warrant for President Trump and 35 others over Qassem Soleimani killing.

- Reddit banned r/The_Donald along with 2000 other subreddits (Trump supporters run it, not Trumps team)

- Twitch temporarily suspended Donald Trump for hate speech. This comes after Dr Disrespect was banned Friday - https://www.twitch.tv/donaldtrump (Not sure who runs this)

The 2nd half of 2020 is going to get interesting and not interesting in a good way :/

In much, much bigger news, Trump knew Russia was the paying Taliban bounty's for dead American soldiers.
Not only did he do nothing, he decided to invite them back into the G-7.

There is no bottom with this guy. It only gets worse.

NPR - https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwilubL80KfqAhUTZjUKHd_xCjIQ0PADegQICRAT&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.npr.org%2F2020%2F06%2F29%2F884611485%2Fcongress-unites-to-demand-answers-from-trump-on-russian-bounties-in-afghanistan&usg=AOvVaw3PH442OugiRfFY6u14CUeC

Fox - https://www.foxnews.com/politics/top-congressional-conservatives-demand-answers-from-white-house-on-reports-russia-paid-taliban-to-kill-us-troops
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,536

Post#2014 » by dice » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:18 pm

TheStig wrote:
Dresden wrote:
musiqsoulchild wrote:

This is a valid point. But there is also a point where you find the smoking gun and they can't cover it up or deny it. But you can't do that if you rush through impeachment.

they've been trying to get to trump's financials since before he was elected. the impeachment would be ongoing if that was the goal. and nothing in his financials would have proved what he was being impeached for anyway. it was a simple and blatant quid pro quo. illegally hold up congressionally appropriated military aid to a US ally at war with russia until they manufacture dirt on the upcoming election opponent. whistleblower files report, aid immediately released. the transcript of the phone call only solidified the intent. the smoking gun was already there
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
Dresden
RealGM

Post#2015 » by Dresden » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:28 pm

dice wrote:
TheStig wrote:
Dresden wrote:

they've been trying to get to trump's financials since before he was elected. the impeachment would be ongoing if that was the goal. and nothing in his financials would have proved what he was being impeached for anyway. it was a simple and blatant quid pro quo. illegally hold up congressionally appropriated military aid to a US ally at war with russia until they manufacture dirt on the upcoming election opponent. whistleblower files report, aid immediately released. the transcript of the phone call only solidified the intent. the smoking gun was already there

I agree a longer investigation would have likely produced even more evidence. As would have going to court to get subpoenas enforced. But it would have dragged on through this next election, which is why the dems decided for a more speedy process. It still should have been enough.
musiqsoulchild
RealGM
And1: 6,354

Post#2016 » by musiqsoulchild » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:34 pm

There is a mass hypnosis of the country right now.

Say that I make my friend Lasagna for dinner. Trump tweets that Lasagna is BAD. It's an elite conspiracy.

Immediately my friend says "Lasagna is bad..its evil...its against my freedoms!!!"

Meanwhile, I have a pot of Lasgna in my hand...wondering what the hell just happened.

This pretty much is what's going on with Masks.

This isnt a debate about Guns or Racism. There are no TWO sides to it.

The ONLY narrative that is rampant is the Non-Mask narrative. There is no other side to this.

I wish someone would actually talk to me like I was a little child and explain if I am missing something here. Because I dont know what's going on with masks now. And why people are fighting cloth coverings.
2018C3
Pro Prospect
And1: 539

Post#2017 » by 2018C3 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:49 pm

musiqsoulchild wrote:There is a mass hypnosis of the country right now.

Say that I make my friend Lasagna for dinner. Trump tweets that Lasagna is BAD. It's an elite conspiracy.

Immediately my friend says "Lasagna is bad..its evil...its against my freedoms!!!"

Meanwhile, I have a pot of Lasgna in my hand...wondering what the hell just happened.

The ONLY narrative that is rampant is the Non-Mask narrative. There is no other side to this.

I wish someone would actually talk to me like I was a little child and explain if I am missing something here. Because I dont know what's going on with masks now. And why people are fighting cloth coverings.

Its because both party's political leaders are being very stupid, and are playing to view points that they think will help them get elected. Getting elected is the primary goal here for both parties, and not one that aligns with what is best for the average American.

I support masks, I believe they are a good idea!

It goes both ways, you have to listen to opposing views to fully understand what is fully going on. Virus numbers are now up, and a few weeks ago people, businesses, and churches were being condemned in public opinion, they were arrested for congregating in groups.

Once the protests started this was all but ignored. Both party's are playing the American people, and its amazing to see how well misguided one sided information is working.

The position of not wearing masks is stupid, Its ok for me to say this. Everyone needs to take a step back, and realize why this all happening. Its just plans to alienate the American people against each other, and get more votes.
TheStig
RealGM

Post#2018 » by TheStig » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:54 pm

Dresden wrote:
dice wrote:
TheStig wrote:This is a valid point. But there is also a point where you find the smoking gun and they can't cover it up or deny it. But you can't do that if you rush through impeachment.

I agree a longer investigation would have likely produced even more evidence. As would have going to court to get subpoenas enforced. But it would have dragged on through this next election, which is why the dems decided for a more speedy process. It still should have been enough.

And they literally only made a fool of themselves and lent credence (not my belief but common) to the witch hunt arguements. They threw everything at him and it was all superficial.

I wouldn't hire those morons to prosecute a parking ticket!
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#2019 » by DuckIII » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:05 pm

PlayerUp wrote:The 2nd half of 2020 is going to get interesting and not interesting in a good way :/

I’m a little a little scared, frankly. First time in my life.

I was already concerned that if Trump lost there may be some degree of violence, particularly if he fought the results and claimed fraud. Which I would fully expect him to do, and expect his lunatic base to respond as they desperately want to do - by playing army.

But now I’m as much or even more worried about violence if he wins. The recent spread of destructive forms of civil disobedience in the form of toppling monuments and structure fires has me concerned that violence is becoming viewed as a necessity. And sadly a part of me thinks they might be right.

I worry one way or another, as Orwellian as 2020 has already been, we ain’t seen nothin’ yet.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#2020 » by DuckIII » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:08 pm

2018C3 wrote:
musiqsoulchild wrote:There is a mass hypnosis of the country right now.

Its because both party's political leaders are being very stupid, and are playing to view points that they think will help them get elected. Getting elected is the primary goal here for both parties, and not one that aligns with what is best for the average American.

I support masks, I believe they are a good idea!

It goes both ways, you have to listen to opposing views to fully understand what is fully going on. Virus numbers are now up, and a few weeks ago people, businesses, and churches were being condemned in public opinion, they were arrested for congregating in groups.

Once the protests started this was all but ignored. Both party's are playing the American people, and its amazing to see how well misguided one sided information is working.

The position of not wearing masks is stupid, Its ok for me to say this. Everyone needs to take a step back, and realize why this all happening. Its just plans to alienate the American people against each other, and get more votes.

I don’t agree with many of your posts on political/social topics, but a-freakin-men. Absolutely god damn right.

Return to Chicago Bulls