ImageImageImage

Fantasy Trade Thread 2019-2020 Post Season

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,444

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread 2019-2020 Post Season 

Post#561 » by youngcrev » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:31 am

VDT wrote:There is a thread on the trade board about the worse contracts in the league. Guess which is the only team that has two (out of nine in total) players in the list.

Rockets with Westbrook and Gordon?
Wilfried
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,884

Post#562 » by Wilfried » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:43 am

youngcrev wrote:
VDT wrote:There is a thread on the trade board about the worse contracts in the league. Guess which is the only team that has two (out of nine in total) players in the list.

Was thinking about Magic (Vucevic and Gordon)

We probably overpaid, but the thing is that the players aren't that bad. Our overpaid players at least aren't John Wall, Paul, Westbrook, Griffin or other Andrew Wiggins-type players
youngcrev
RealGM

Post#563 » by youngcrev » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:35 pm

Wilfried wrote:
youngcrev wrote:

Was thinking about Magic (Vucevic and Gordon)

We probably overpaid, but the thing is that the players aren't that bad. Our overpaid players at least aren't John Wall, Paul, Westbrook, Griffin or other Andrew Wiggins-type players

Not the case at this very moment, but Portland with Dame and CJ will likely be up there in the near future.

After this season CJ has 4 years, 129M remaining (he'll be 29 before the start of next season)

Dame's got 5 years 228M (he'll be 30 in a month)
youngcrev
RealGM

Post#564 » by youngcrev » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:34 pm

Negrodamus wrote:I think if this postseason is a bust, which it most likely looks to be, then we should finally look into a trade revolving around CJ McCollum for Tobias Harris. Sorry for the trite trade suggestion, but it's time to stop screwing around with our "huge" lineup fantasy and grab a vet guard who can take over games offensively and commands respect in the locker room. The trade likely won't relieve the cap situation, which is likely to be rough next year, but it helps fix the team dynamic immensely.

I'm hoping Horford will be moveable for cap relief next year, but I'm struggling to figure out who would want him at this price...

I think Houston is probably the most sensible landing spot for Horford, particularly if they get a new coach (or if they get dominated by size in the playoffs). I think he'd fit great as a defensive, pick and pop big with Harden/Westbrook. Add Cov to that mix and I think you've got a core that can compete for a title with the right moves around the margins. Morey hasn't had much of a problem finding rotation guys for cheap.

A Gordon/Tucker package works salary-wise. Gordon's contract is ugly too, but at least he'd fit here. He's got that 4-point type range to open things up for Jo and Ben. I also think he's more capable at creating on the ball that playing with Harden allows. Tucker gives them an always valuable 3+D archetype forward that could potentially play some 5 in a Ben Simmons based lineup.
smittybanton
Sixth Man
And1: 398

Post#565 » by smittybanton » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:56 pm

Al Horford has been in the eye of the storm. For good reason. When he shoots well, the Sixers win. When he shoots poorly, the Sixers lose.

So in predicting the very near future, the question becomes whether Al Horford will shoot 32.7% over the next three years like he did pre-All Star game this year, or his typical career 36.1% mark and maybe even better?

I think the latter, and that Sixers can win a championship if Ben Simmons and Joel Embiid are healthy, Al Horford hits threes consistently, Shake Milton proves to be capable backup point guard, and either Matisse Thybulle becomes an adequate shooter or Korkmaz becomes an adequate defender.

Why am I still in Al's camp?

A. Without Al Horford, the Sixers do not have a competent backup center. That was our downfall against Toronto. +46 with Joel on the floor, -46 with him off. Al Horford is a better backup five than Norvelle Pelle or Kyle Oquinn. The game slows down and becomes more physical in the playoffs. Regardless whether its the Clippers or the Lakers or Milwaukee or Toronto, each of those teams has a great deal of size to defend against. With all the clamor about 3pt shooting, rebounding correlates to winning more than any other stat.

B. Without Al Horford, the Sixers do not have a competent replacement center for when Joel is hurt or needs rest. Joel missed 20 out of our 65 games. We went 11-9 with Horford at center. In the eleven wins, Horford shot 38.1%. In the 9 losses, he shot a putrid 21%. Remember that some of those losses, we were without Joel and Ben. None of the trades Sixers fans propose involve getting a competent backup center in return. Boggles the mind.

C. Most importantly, the Sixers win when Al Horford shoots well. The Sixers are 14-7 in games where Al Horford played center and hit 33% or better from 3pt line. As a stretch four, the Sixers 20-10 in games when Al Horford hits 33% or better from the 3pt.

D. Al Horford has been shooting well since the All-Star break, 38.6% since the All-Star game, and 39.1% over the last five games.

Which is more likely, that Al Horford's slump is due to adjusting to a new city and team and new role as a catch-and-shoot, 3-and-D wing player? Or that Horford simply forgot how to shoot, and that his recent improvement is just a flash in the pan instead of a sign that he's adjusted?

You don't have to be a homer to believe the former is more probable than the latter. If Al Horford shoots 36% or better for the rest of his contract, the Sixers will win big and all will be forgiven.

That said, draft Vernon Carey to come up behind him. Not impressed by the other prospect fives post-lottery, like Jalen Smith or the kid from Minnesota. We missed out on Daniel Gafford last year, and Mitchell Robinson the year before.

#runitback
youngcrev
RealGM

Post#566 » by youngcrev » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:21 pm

smittybanton wrote:
Spoiler:
Al Horford has been in the eye of the storm. For good reason. When he shoots well, the Sixers win. When he shoots poorly, the Sixers lose.

So in predicting the very near future, the question becomes whether Al Horford will shoot 32.7% over the next three years like he did pre-All Star game this year, or his typical career 36.1% mark and maybe even better?

I think the latter, and that Sixers can win a championship if Ben Simmons and Joel Embiid are healthy, Al Horford hits threes consistently, Shake Milton proves to be capable backup point guard, and either Matisse Thybulle becomes an adequate shooter or Korkmaz becomes an adequate defender.

Why am I still in Al's camp?

A. Without Al Horford, the Sixers do not have a competent backup center. That was our downfall against Toronto. +46 with Joel on the floor, -46 with him off. Al Horford is a better backup five than Norvelle Pelle or Kyle Oquinn. The game slows down and becomes more physical in the playoffs. Regardless whether its the Clippers or the Lakers or Milwaukee or Toronto, each of those teams has a great deal of size to defend against. With all the clamor about 3pt shooting, rebounding correlates to winning more than any other stat.

B. Without Al Horford, the Sixers do not have a competent replacement center for when Joel is hurt or needs rest. Joel missed 20 out of our 65 games. We went 11-9 with Horford at center. In the eleven wins, Horford shot 38.1%. In the 9 losses, he shot a putrid 21%. Remember that some of those losses, we were without Joel and Ben. None of the trades Sixers fans propose involve getting a competent backup center in return. Boggles the mind.

C. Most importantly, the Sixers win when Al Horford shoots well. The Sixers are 14-7 in games where Al Horford played center and hit 33% or better from 3pt line. As a stretch four, the Sixers 20-10 in games when Al Horford hits 33% or better from the 3pt.

D. Al Horford has been shooting well since the All-Star break, 38.6% since the All-Star game, and 39.1% over the last five games.

Which is more likely, that Al Horford's slump is due to adjusting to a new city and team and new role as a catch-and-shoot, 3-and-D wing player? Or that Horford simply forgot how to shoot, and that his recent improvement is just a flash in the pan instead of a sign that he's adjusted?

You don't have to be a homer to believe the former is more probable than the latter. If Al Horford shoots 36% or better for the rest of his contract, the Sixers will win big and all will be forgiven.

That said, draft Vernon Carey to come up behind him. Not impressed by the other prospect fives post-lottery, like Jalen Smith or the kid from Minnesota. We missed out on Daniel Gafford last year, and Mitchell Robinson the year before.

#runitback

There's a gigantic gap between not addressing the backup center at all like last year and paying a guy 25+M a year to do it.

As for those shooting numbers, feels kind cherry picked, and not all that statistically significant.

Horford's a very good backup center, but that's not a very hard position to fill, and the team has far bigger needs to address.

Bringing up that Embiid plus/minus stat drives me crazy in defense of the signing because it completely ignores that they weakened their starting lineup so much to do so.
youngcrev
RealGM

Post#567 » by youngcrev » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:06 pm

Applying that same stat to the overall team, the Sixers shot .362 from 3 on the year. In games that they shot at or above that level, they were 22-10. Could cherry pick it a bit say when they shot .350 or better they were 26-10.

Or at 33% or better, 30-15 (an identical pace to your Horford mark).
Olabikkel
Freshman
And1: 15

Post#568 » by Olabikkel » Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:17 pm

Bleacherreport posted article 1 offseason trade every nba team should consider. Some of the trades featured 76ers.

1. Charlotte al horford z. Smith 2020 1 rnd pick
Phi rozier and zeller.

Think philly should accept if this comes along.

2. Dallas al horford
Phi d. Wright d. Powell j. Jackson.

Also a nobrainer for philly imo. Maybe try to flip Jackson right away. But i don't see why dallas would offer this one. Think phi should attach at least one pick.

3. Phi Gordon house and mclemore
Houston horford

Saw this one with Gordon and trucker earlier.
Good deal for philly also but Will Houston even offer this or want some pick /picks?

4. Sacr harris
Phi barnes Joseph 2020 2nd rnd pick.

Mmm you get rid of bad contract harris but it makes you a little bit weaker. But if you cant get rid of horford, maybe phi have to take a deal like this. More flexibility and less commited money in the future.

5. Was harris, thybulle, horford, z. Smith, milton, 2020 and 2022 1 rnd pick.
Phi beal and wall

Phi would give up a lot. A lot of money commited upcoming 3 years.
Starting 5 wall beal Simmons Jrich and embiid.
Bench korkmaz Scott rookie picks and vet min.
But this offer probably wont Come.

Came up with possible trade if horford can't be traded and Nyk doesnt get another big fish.
Nyk harris
Phi portis, payton and knox.
youngcrev
RealGM

Post#569 » by youngcrev » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:25 am

I wouldn't do most of those
SparksFly87
Assistant Coach
And1: 395

Post#570 » by SparksFly87 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:32 am

Horford, Josh Richardson, Zhaire Smith and a pick bringing back Buddy Hield.

Embiid/ Pelle
Tobias
Thybulle/ ____/ Shayok
Hield/ Korkmaz
Simmons / Shake

Get some shooters ...........
Olabikkel
Freshman
And1: 15

Post#571 » by Olabikkel » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:30 pm

If phi decides to trade away embiid shake it up completely

Embiid and horford and scott to Orlando

Vucevich, Gordon, ross and Bamba to philadelphia

Then send Gordon and jrich to portland
Get cj mccollum and maybe some pick.

Or even better Gordon and jrich to phoenix (+picks probably )
Get booker

Simmons, pick, vet min
Booker or mccollum, milton, korkmaz
Ross, thybulle, Robinson (?)
Harris, pick, vet min
Vucevich, Bamba, pelle

Defense some what weaker, hopefully Bamba can improve to even better Defense player and improve offense. Nice shooting team and i think Simmons especially would thrive in this team.
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,957

Post#572 » by ankle420breaker » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:10 am

Hard pass on that Orlando trade.

Sent from my SM-G970U using RealGM mobile app
youngcrev
RealGM

Post#573 » by youngcrev » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:38 pm

Just deal Horford+ for the best (likely overpaid) guard you can find. CP3, Holiday, Conley, LaVine, McCollum, Hield, Rozier, Eric Gordon, Schroder... work your way though the list until someone wants to deal. I'm guessing SOMEONE will want Horford. He's still a solid veteran that can defend and shoot from the center spot and help teams win games
smittybanton
Sixth Man

Post#574 » by smittybanton » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:05 pm

Given Ben and Josh as the starters along with the number of young promising guards we have--Shake Milton, Matisse Thybulle, Zhaire Smith, Furkan Korkmaz, Mariel Shayock, Vasilije Micic--I"d like to deal one of them and a pick for Mohammed Bamba on a buy-low move. I still think he will grow into his body and become a '3-and-d' backup five. Ben Simmons has to play with centers who can shoot. But we also need defense when Joel is on the pine. Bamba, Gafford, Claxton, Giles, Chriss.
smittybanton
Sixth Man

Post#575 » by smittybanton » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:06 pm

Gafford cant shoot. But his defense and rebounding is sublime.
youngcrev
RealGM

Post#576 » by youngcrev » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:32 pm

smittybanton wrote:Given Ben and Josh as the starters along with the number of young promising guards we have--Shake Milton, Matisse Thybulle, Zhaire Smith, Furkan Korkmaz, Mariel Shayock, Vasilije Micic--I"d like to deal one of them and a pick for Mohammed Bamba on a buy-low move. I still think he will grow into his body and become a '3-and-d' backup five. Ben Simmons has to play with centers who can shoot. But we also need defense when Joel is on the pine. Bamba, Gafford, Claxton, Giles, Chriss.

I don't imagine the Magic are looking to sell low on Bamba. I also don't know how promising I'd say most of those guards look. I'd say it's actually the teams greatest need.
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant
And1: 935

Post#577 » by 51X3RF4N » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:44 pm

BullyKing wrote:
51X3RF4N wrote:
Dez wrote:Just on the Simmons to Chicago trades.

What type of players would Philly be looking for? Would a replacement PG need to be the best player coming back?

I don't know how to get the financials to work (and I know a lot of teams could beat the offer) but it would be based around Coby White, Lauri Markkanen and our 1st for Simmons.

I feel there's enough there to get Philly to not automatically hang up the phone.
If Simmons is going to Chicago, then I expect LaVine and Markkanen as a starting point.

Even then you're still only talking about two quarters for a dollar. There's really nothing on Chicago that remotely gets me excited about trading Simmons.
I would ask for much more, obviously, such as Chandler Hutchinson and the Bulls next available 1st round pick, unprotected.

But the basis of building around Zack, Joel, Tobias, Matisse and Josh with a bench of Horford, Lauri, Hutch, Kork and Shake feels like a nice blend of youth and depth and an alpha scorer. Plus with a future pick coming, could be a better deal than keeping Ben who won't shoot?
Your Future Sixers

C- Embiid/?
PF- ?/?
SF- ?/?
SG- ?/?
PG- ?/?
youngcrev
RealGM

Post#578 » by youngcrev » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:15 pm

51X3RF4N wrote:
BullyKing wrote:
51X3RF4N wrote:If Simmons is going to Chicago, then I expect LaVine and Markkanen as a starting point.

Even then you're still only talking about two quarters for a dollar. There's really nothing on Chicago that remotely gets me excited about trading Simmons.
I would ask for much more, obviously, such as Chandler Hutchinson and the Bulls next available 1st round pick, unprotected.

But the basis of building around Zack, Joel, Tobias, Matisse and Josh with a bench of Horford, Lauri, Hutch, Kork and Shake feels like a nice blend of youth and depth and an alpha scorer. Plus with a future pick coming, could be a better deal than keeping Ben who won't shoot?

Quality > quantity. Give me a dollar over a whole bunch of loose change. Also not really sure how you manage the minutes of that frontcourt, or whether it would fiscally make sense to keep all of them.

Not to mention, Lavine at PG feels like a nightmare.
Phillyboy
Analyst
And1: 19

Post#579 » by Phillyboy » Sat Jul 4, 2020 12:27 am

Many times there's been discussion about targeting a volume wing scorer as a third star that would go a long way in solving our spacing, matchups and on court chemistry issues. A number of guys have been mentioned and one of them, Victor Oladipo just fell off my radar.

If he's not going to play then I must assume he's still hurt to some degree even after all this time. Maybe for good. This team has a bad history for trading for or signing big names and getting damaged goods (Bynum, Brand, Webber, Ruland. etc). These moves only resulted in actually setting us back even further. Too bad. I was really looking forward to monitoring Oladipo's play. A healthy Oladipo would have looked good in a Sixer uniform.

The problem is that if we're looking to get a guy who fits the bill without trading either Embiid or Simmons to do it the list just got one name shorter. And it was a short list to start with.
Be a thinker. Not a stinker- Apollo Creed
ProcessDoctor
General Manager
And1: 5,155

Post#580 » by ProcessDoctor » Sat Jul 4, 2020 11:09 am

Phillyboy wrote:Many times there's been discussion about targeting a volume wing scorer as a third star that would go a long way in solving our spacing, matchups and on court chemistry issues. A number of guys have been mentioned and one of them, Victor Oladipo just fell off my radar.

If he's not going to play then I must assume he's still hurt to some degree even after all this time. Maybe for good. This team has a bad history for trading for or signing big names and getting damaged goods (Bynum, Brand, Webber, Ruland. etc). These moves only resulted in actually setting us back even further. Too bad. I was really looking forward to monitoring Oladipo's play. A healthy Oladipo would have looked good in a Sixer uniform.

The problem is that if we're looking to get a guy who fits the bill without trading either Embiid or Simmons to do it the list just got one name shorter. And it was a short list to start with.

Idk if that necessarily means he’s injured. He might just be wanting to avoid re-injury. However, I do agree with your sentiment of avoiding him unless he came cheaper in a S&T. He seems like a disappointment waiting to happen.
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Council
Oubre/Batum/Martin
Harris/Covington/Wilson
Embiid/Reed/Bamba

Return to Philadelphia 76ers