ImageImageImage

Miami Heat Regular Season Thread Vol. Iggy

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,600

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season Thread Vol. Iggy 

Post#1361 » by DayofMourning » Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:43 am

ThaFranchize84 wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:
Wiltside wrote:
I mean, if we are talking ideal fits, KAT is probably that guy. Whether he’s attainable, or we have the cap space/currency to get that done remains to be seen. Let alone the Jimmy/KAT angle.

On a much lower level, I’ve been advocating for trying to get Mo Bamba from Orlando. He doesn’t seem to be in their long term plans. Has all the tools we need (3pt stroke, rebounding and shot blocking), and could probably be had for a modest price at this point.

Bam and Bamba. I mean, you can't go wrong with that.

What're you offering Orlando?

I really like that front court with Bam, Bamba and Jimmy. Versatility of offense and D.

I feel like Nunn and the 2020 pick gets it done. It gives Orlando a young guard to go with Fultz and a 1st Rd pick to draft someone to replace Bamba. What do you think? Just Nunn would get it done?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm very intrigued by Bamba, and I think that package gets Orlando to listen. I think he isn't the sure thing they expected, but do they really want to bank on Vuce and let him go? I'd expect they'd like to see another year before they move him.

For us, if Jalen Smith is available at 23, which seems like a big if, then he's actually more interesting. He's got quicker feet and is a bit more explosive. He may lack Bambas sheer length but hes bouncy. More today's prototype big.

Doubt Nunn is real good value for anyone until he gets consistent and learns how to play D. He's essentially a microwave only when on, but he was extremely streaky this year.
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,750

Post#1362 » by Wiltside » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:07 am

DayofMourning wrote:
Wiltside wrote:
ThaFranchize84 wrote:So question for the board, who is the best fit currently in NBA to put in the front court next to Bam (excluding the All NBA guys like Davis, Giannis, etc). Probably looking for someone that shoots the three well, can block shots and rebound at a decent rate. Trying to find a guy that the Heat can realistically either trade for or sign during one of the next two off seasons.

I mean, if we are talking ideal fits, KAT is probably that guy. Whether he’s attainable, or we have the cap space/currency to get that done remains to be seen. Let alone the Jimmy/KAT angle.

On a much lower level, I’ve been advocating for trying to get Mo Bamba from Orlando. He doesn’t seem to be in their long term plans. Has all the tools we need (3pt stroke, rebounding and shot blocking), and could probably be had for a modest price at this point.

Honestly, Nunn and an FRP is an overpay based on production to date. Bamba will have extension and option decisions coming too. It’s realistically possible ORL declines his option, although perhaps unlikely.

Don’t we have a lot of open capspace this offseason? Couldn’t we conceivably deal our FRP to ORL and take back the Bamba related salary?

Whether they’d do it remains to be seen, but if the deal was #23 for Bamba, sign me up. Nunn included gives me pause. Would probably rather wait it out and try get him cheap at the deadline.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
ThaFranchize84
Junior
And1: 156

Post#1363 » by ThaFranchize84 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:26 am

DayofMourning wrote:
ThaFranchize84 wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:

I really like that front court with Bam, Bamba and Jimmy. Versatility of offense and D.

I feel like Nunn and the 2020 pick gets it done. It gives Orlando a young guard to go with Fultz and a 1st Rd pick to draft someone to replace Bamba. What do you think? Just Nunn would get it done?

I'm very intrigued by Bamba, and I think that package gets Orlando to listen. I think he isn't the sure thing they expected, but do they really want to bank on Vuce and let him go? I'd expect they'd like to see another year before they move him.

For us, if Jalen Smith is available at 23, which seems like a big if, then he's actually more interesting. He's got quicker feet and is a bit more explosive. He may lack Bambas sheer length but hes bouncy. More today's prototype big.

Doubt Nunn is real good value for anyone until he gets consistent and learns how to play D. He's essentially a microwave only when on, but he was extremely streaky this year.

Jalen smith is very intriguing and if he is there at 23 that would be a no- brainer. IfWith regards to if Orlando would deal Bamba for someone like Nunn I am interested to see what they say on the trades board. I will post. Outside of the Giannis pipe dream it seems the Heat are interested in a number of guards ( Oladipo, , Holiday,etc.) If we were able to get one of those guys and add them to a lineup of Bam, Bamba, Butler, and Robinson that would be lethal.

Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,332

Post#1364 » by Bishop45 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:28 pm

Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1365 » by DayofMourning » Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:42 pm

Wiltside wrote:Honestly, Nunn and an FRP is an overpay based on production to date. Bamba will have extension and option decisions coming too. It’s realistically possible ORL declines his option, although perhaps unlikely.

Don’t we have a lot of open capspace this offseason? Couldn’t we conceivably deal our FRP to ORL and take back the Bamba related salary?

Whether they’d do it remains to be seen, but if the deal was #23 for Bamba, sign me up. Nunn included gives me pause. Would probably rather wait it out and try get him cheap at the deadline.

I think Orlando lets him get another year under his belt. Unfortunately for them, they haven't developed many players into anything more than solid role players. Oladipo, for example. He leaves and shortly thereafter becomes an allstar. Speaking of, how does that Oladipo trade look in hindsight? Oladipo, Ilyasova, and Sabonis for Serge Ibaka. Got damn, that's a bad trade. Baaaad.

Orlando is just not that great at making good choices on players, player development, or putting a player in the best position to succeed. Their best player in the past 15 years of drafting is JJ Reddick. 15 years. And JJ blew up AFTER he left the Magic. That team is no bueno mi amigos.
dean456
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,252

Post#1366 » by dean456 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:02 pm

I don't feel like adding more younger players to this already young roster would be the right move. Bam, Herro, Nunn, Robinson Okpala, Silva and DJJr already enough young prospects.

Also instead of trading Nunn (Who will be a low value cap hold, high value player in 2021) or whoever we could just target a fair few 2020 FA players and give a good one year rental while they wait to get one last big payday next season when the salary cap is higher and more teams have money.

My top target would be Serge Ibaka.
- Raptors team similar to ours with a defensive minded squad and team oriented offense.
- Already played with Siakam who Bam shares similarities with.
- Ibaka has a lot of playoff and finals experience in his time with OKC and TOR.
- Poaching him from Toronto would make a conference rival that is also targeting Giannis weaker next season.
- He's a serviceable to good 3pt shooter with a career 36% and 39% this past season.
- He's not the same shot blocker he was earlier in his career he is still a very capable shot blocker/interior presence.

He and Bam would in my opinion have a really good balance of covering both the paint and the perimeter in a lot of different situations. While Serge isn't the quickest most versatile perimeter defender he still wont get scorched near as much as Leonard or Olynyk would.

I'd trade youthful and athletic players for more experienced proven players any day of the week when trying to compete.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1367 » by DayofMourning » Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:08 pm

Consequently, Miami is regarded as one of the best teams at player development. This has been tempered moreso by their overall disdain for draft picks. You better be good at player development when your pool of bench talent (heck, starters!) is from the G League.

Also, for comparison, the Heat have added just 4 first rounders in the past 15 years. Beasley, Justise, Bam, and Herro. Beasley was a numbnuts and ruined his career by being too aloof. Justise couldn't stay on the court. Bam is an allstar and building block. Herro with that sweeet stroke perfectly suited for today's long range shenanigans. Batting .500 I think.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1368 » by DayofMourning » Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:16 pm

dean456 wrote:I don't feel like adding more younger players to this already young roster would be the right move. Bam, Herro, Nunn, Robinson Okpala, Silva and DJJr already enough young prospects.

Also instead of trading Nunn (Who will be a low value cap hold, high value player in 2021) or whoever we could just target a fair few 2020 FA players and give a good one year rental while they wait to get one last big payday next season when the salary cap is higher and more teams have money.

My top target would be Serge Ibaka.
- Raptors team similar to ours with a defensive minded squad and team oriented offense.
- Already played with Siakam who Bam shares similarities with.
- Ibaka has a lot of playoff and finals experience in his time with OKC and TOR.
- Poaching him from Toronto would make a conference rival that is also targeting Giannis weaker next season.
- He's a serviceable to good 3pt shooter with a career 36% and 39% this past season.
- He's not the same shot blocker he was earlier in his career he is still a very capable shot blocker/interior presence.

He and Bam would in my opinion have a really good balance of covering both the paint and the perimeter in a lot of different situations. While Serge isn't the quickest most versatile perimeter defender he still wont get scorched near as much as Leonard or Olynyk would.

I'd trade youthful and athletic players for more experienced proven players any day of the week when trying to compete.

One could counter by saying we have a good amount of veteran presence as well. Butler, Dragic, Olynyk, Iggie, Crowder, Leonard. With that list, as in the youth prospect one, a few guys won't be here long term.

By adding another young guy, the 23rd pick for example. You invest in a guy on a cheap contract, develop the hell out of him, and hope he gets it quick enough to where you have a solid contributor on a team friendly contract.

You can always add vets who want to ring chase. You can't always get a young guy, locked up for a few years.
twozeroMM
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,715

Post#1369 » by twozeroMM » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:31 pm

Wiltside wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:
Wiltside wrote:

Honestly, Nunn and an FRP is an overpay based on production to date. Bamba will have extension and option decisions coming too. It’s realistically possible ORL declines his option, although perhaps unlikely.

There's no way Orlando would settle for just the #23 pick. With Bamba's potential, there's teams that would offer so much more for him. I would definitely attach Nunn to that trade to make it happen.
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,118

Post#1370 » by twix2500 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:35 pm

Players I'm am feeling so far are
Nico Minnion - I think he is way out of range for the Heat but I see many on here talk about him.
Jaden McDaniel - same as Nico.
Kira Lewis - i think he is also out of range but wouldnt be shocked if he is available.

Immanuel Quickley - I think he will be available and I think Riley will have the urge. Good size and skills, just need to prove can he run the point.

Leandro Bolmaro - size and skill. I'm intrigue on what he tries to do, he just needs to learn how to apply it successfully.
CJ Elleby - good size, good touch and effects the game in a lot of categories. Knows how to play period. I think he may have more abilities than he has shown. Can contribute early.
Grant Riller - Baller! I think he will be productive out the door.
Payton Prichard - Gamer. Stroke looks elite. Mature experienced, decent size.
Udoka Azubuike - too much physical talent to not be intrigued. Deandre Jordan
RJ Hampton - is a player I think will fall and be available to the Heat as a long term project.
Jay Scrubbs - another talented project
Nick Richards - a running big with Kentucky connections
Jordan Nwora - Nwora!!!!!!!

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk
eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 24,891

Post#1371 » by eddieheatfan » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:58 am

twix2500 wrote:Players I'm am feeling so far are
Nico Minnion - I think he is way out of range for the Heat but I see many on here talk about him.
Jaden McDaniel - same as Nico.
Kira Lewis - i think he is also out of range but wouldnt be shocked if he is available.

Immanuel Quickley - I think he will be available and I think Riley will have the urge. Good size and skills, just need to prove can he run the point.

Leandro Bolmaro - size and skill. I'm intrigue on what he tries to do, he just needs to learn how to apply it successfully.
CJ Elleby - good size, good touch and effects the game in a lot of categories. Knows how to play period. I think he may have more abilities than he has shown. Can contribute early.
Grant Riller - Baller! I think he will be productive out the door.
Payton Prichard - Gamer. Stroke looks elite. Mature experienced, decent size.
Udoka Azubuike - too much physical talent to not be intrigued. Deandre Jordan
RJ Hampton - is a player I think will fall and be available to the Heat as a long term project.
Jay Scrubbs - another talented project
Nick Richards - a running big with Kentucky connections
Jordan Nwora - Nwora!!!!!!!

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk
i have no idea of who are you talking about
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,750

Post#1372 » by Wiltside » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:04 am

Was waiting for the Twix "NWORAAAAAAAA" shouts :laugh:
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
Trapstar3
Junior
And1: 1,457

Post#1373 » by Trapstar3 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:11 pm

Is there info on the amount of basketball courts that will be in the bubble? Like how many practice courts and how many for the games?
HeatIn5
General Manager
And1: 18,357

Post#1374 » by HeatIn5 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:45 pm

Trapstar3 wrote:Is there info on the amount of basketball courts that will be in the bubble? Like how many practice courts and how many for the games?

knowing the facility, they usually have about 12-16 courts set up for AAU tournaments.

First thing to know is they have 2 giant gyms just beyond the disney looking entrance that is about a 15-30 second walk between the 2.

Once inside each, imagine a rectangle that is one giant court with stands. They can push the bleachers up and put the tarps up to split it once long way down the middle - and then have 3-4 columns separating the different courts (so 2 rows - 3-4 courts in each .... not sure if this made sense)

I assume they will have to use NBA regulation sized courts which means they will have 2 max at a time. That makes me think it will be tough to have shootaround.

However I could see 2 options:

1 - building a practice facility ala what MJ did during space jam
2 - is there maybe a basketball court in one of the hotels?

However pre-game and on off days, you can probably have every playoff team practice at the same time (ignoring the possible ramifications of sound)

They also play an early season college tournament there, so they definitely have the framework.
Read on Twitter
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,118

Post#1375 » by twix2500 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:42 pm

Wiltside wrote:Was waiting for the Twix "NWORAAAAAAAA" shouts :laugh:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Just noticed I posted in the wrong thread :lol:
ThaFranchize84
Junior
And1: 156

Post#1376 » by ThaFranchize84 » Wed Jul 1, 2020 12:14 am

Does anyone think next season and beyond the Heat look at playing Jimmy at PF. We don’t really list positions anymore but with the amount of wing depth we have along with the interest in the 2021 free agent class centered around guards we could look at doing something similar to Boston. I know rebounding would be an issue but the idea of rolling out a lineup of Bam, Butler, Robinson, 2021 F/A (Oladipo, Holiday, Derozan, etc) and then Herro or Nunn is pretty appealing. This of course is if we don’t get Giannis which in my mind is a pipe-dream. I think playing Jimmy up front also would help alleviate his lack a long range shooting.

greg4012
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,748

Post#1377 » by greg4012 » Wed Jul 1, 2020 7:30 pm

What about Christian Wood this offseason? Hurts the 2021 plan but fits real nicely with Bam IMO
BenoUdrihFTL
RealGM
And1: 23,487

Post#1378 » by BenoUdrihFTL » Wed Jul 1, 2020 9:45 pm

greg4012 wrote:What about Christian Wood this offseason? Hurts the 2021 plan but fits real nicely with Bam IMO

I'm clueless as to his irl impact but I do know that Christian Wood was the MVP fantasy waiver pickup after Drummond got traded lol

It's an intriguing mention though, I had no idea he's set to become an UFA this offseason
greg4012
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,748

Post#1379 » by greg4012 » Wed Jul 1, 2020 9:58 pm

BenoUdrihFTL wrote:
greg4012 wrote:What about Christian Wood this offseason? Hurts the 2021 plan but fits real nicely with Bam IMO

I'm clueless as to his irl impact but I do know that Christian Wood was the MVP fantasy waiver pickup after Drummond got traded lol

It's an intriguing mention though, I had no idea he's set to become an UFA this offseason

I'm somewhat ignorant on it myself. But, dove into it a little today and it's a pretty intriguing pairing with Bam IMO

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2020/3/10/21172174/christian-wood-detroit-pistons-free-agency

BenoUdrihFTL
RealGM
And1: 23,487

Post#1380 » by BenoUdrihFTL » Wed Jul 1, 2020 10:25 pm

He seems to have an ideal offensive game but I'm just wondering why he went undrafted then bounced around 5 different teams all before his 25th birthday. I guess it only matters relative to the kind of contract he'd be looking for but if I'm the Heat I'd definitely want to find some answers to those questions before investing anything significant. Don't think Spo could handle another Whiteside situation lol

Return to Miami Heat