One Player From Each Decade......

Moderators: infinite11285, GeorgeMarcus, BombsquadSammy, ken6199, Domejandro, KingDavid, bwgood77, Dirk, jamaalstar21, zimpy27

Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,739
And1: 2,282
Joined: May 16, 2013
     

Re: One Player From Each Decade...... 

Post#41 » by Nazrmohamed » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:11 am

Johnny Bball wrote:Everyone's answer should be the same except one....

KAJ, Jordan, ________, James, Curry. And take Barkley, Rodman or Duncan at pf.


But Barkley and Rodman same decade as Jordan. Duncan would make sense
User avatar
Johnny Bball
RealGM
Posts: 25,416
And1: 24,260
Joined: Feb 01, 2015
 

Re: One Player From Each Decade...... 

Post#42 » by Johnny Bball » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:15 am

TheSheriff wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:Everyone's answer should be the same except one....

KAJ, Jordan, ________, James, Curry. And take Barkley, Rodman or Duncan at pf.


Why would take an inferior 1990s PF when you could have 1980s Larry Bird (a PF) and 1990s Jordan?


Because that's not what I was doing and to me Larry Bird was the SF (first and foremost, like the OP asked) and Kevin McHale was the PF. And I would pick James over Bird.

Nazrmohamed wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:Everyone's answer should be the same except one....

KAJ, Jordan, ________, James, Curry. And take Barkley, Rodman or Duncan at pf.


But Barkley and Rodman same decade as Jordan. Duncan would make sense


No. What?
illuminati666
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,842
And1: 2,950
Joined: Sep 28, 2014
 

Re: One Player From Each Decade...... 

Post#43 » by illuminati666 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:33 am

This seems pretty easy...

Magic - 80s
MJ - 90s
LBJ - 10s
Duncan - 00s
KAJ - 70s
User avatar
Capn'O
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 56,077
And1: 46,119
Joined: Dec 16, 2005
Location: There were giants in those days
 

Re: One Player From Each Decade...... 

Post#44 » by Capn'O » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:06 am

dautjazz wrote:
PistolPeteJR wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
Hard to turn down the GOAT at each position option.


Basically lol. I don’t know how a ton didn’t go with this haha. Barkley? Really? He was great no disrespect but...


I thought about it, and obviously if you made a team B (where you cant use these players), you probably can't beat this team, but I feel like a lot of people will try to have a few good 3pt shooters.


The Dirk Option is justifiable.
BAF Clippers
Kyrie SGA CoJo Ferguson Lee THT
Middleton KCP DFS Juancho Green
Nurkic Holmes Meyers Vanderbilt Eubanks

RIP Mags :beer:
"Greatness wasn't worth anything if you couldn't share it."-Kobe
CIN-C-STAR
Analyst
Posts: 3,171
And1: 6,399
Joined: Dec 17, 2017

Re: One Player From Each Decade...... 

Post#45 » by CIN-C-STAR » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:15 am

Johnny Bball wrote:Everyone's answer should be the same except one....

KAJ, Jordan, ________, James, Curry. And take Barkley, Rodman or Duncan at pf.


Why on earth would anyone take Barkley or Rodman over Duncan?
Duncan will give you 15 boards and 5 blocks and set nasty screens all night and not say a word, as long as it means winning, but he can also score and facilitate the offense as needed. I don't really see a case for either of the other two tbh.
"I'd rather have Kevin Love spacing out to the three point line than anything (Karl) Malone brings"
:lol: :lol: :lol:
CIN-C-STAR
Analyst
Posts: 3,171
And1: 6,399
Joined: Dec 17, 2017

Re: One Player From Each Decade...... 

Post#46 » by CIN-C-STAR » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:17 am

illuminati666 wrote:This seems pretty easy...

Magic - 80s
MJ - 90s
LBJ - 10s
Duncan - 00s
KAJ - 70s


This man has solved the riddle.
Bestow upon him all the remunerations and comeuppance.
"I'd rather have Kevin Love spacing out to the three point line than anything (Karl) Malone brings"
:lol: :lol: :lol:
CIN-C-STAR
Analyst
Posts: 3,171
And1: 6,399
Joined: Dec 17, 2017

Re: One Player From Each Decade...... 

Post#47 » by CIN-C-STAR » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:23 am

JN61 wrote:Magic - 80
Jordan - 90
Durant - 10
Duncan -00
Kareem - 70

This I believe is the best fit out of any team you can build. There is no ball stoppers and extremely good passing without needing ball in their hand for 20s of shot clock.

Another one would be:
Curry -10
Jordan -90
Bird -80
Duncan -00
KAJ -70


see no case for Durant over the last 10 years over Lebron, but I like your B squad.
I could see Curry + Bird being equitable with Magic + Lebron because of the value of 3 pointers, but it would also be a tough guard for Curry every trip down the floor.
"I'd rather have Kevin Love spacing out to the three point line than anything (Karl) Malone brings"
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Heat4lyf
Pro Prospect
Posts: 837
And1: 699
Joined: Aug 20, 2018

Re: One Player From Each Decade...... 

Post#48 » by Heat4lyf » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:38 am

This seems pretty obvious doesn't it?

70's Kareem
00' Duncan
10' James
90's - Jordan
80's - Magic
illuminati666
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,842
And1: 2,950
Joined: Sep 28, 2014
 

Re: One Player From Each Decade...... 

Post#49 » by illuminati666 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:27 am

2Mas wrote:00's bron & 10's Bron are very different players.

Lmao thank you!
User avatar
OdomFan
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,632
And1: 4,158
Joined: Jan 07, 2017
Location: Washington DC
       

Re: One Player From Each Decade...... 

Post#50 » by OdomFan » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:10 pm

00s Jason Kidd
80s Joe Dumars
70s Julius Erving
10s Tim Duncan
90s Hakeem Olajuwon
Image
dautjazz
RealGM
Posts: 11,507
And1: 6,629
Joined: Aug 01, 2001
Location: Miami, FL
 

Re: One Player From Each Decade...... 

Post#51 » by dautjazz » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:03 pm

OdomFan wrote:00s Jason Kidd
80s Joe Dumars
70s Julius Erving
10s Tim Duncan
90s Hakeem Olajuwon
That's such a weird team, and 2010s Duncan? He wasnt a bad player, but nowhere near as good as he was in the 2000s.
NickAnderson wrote:
How old are you, just curious.

by gomeziee on 21 Jul 2013 00:53

im 20, and i did grow up watching MJ play in the 90's.
User avatar
OdomFan
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,632
And1: 4,158
Joined: Jan 07, 2017
Location: Washington DC
       

Re: One Player From Each Decade...... 

Post#52 » by OdomFan » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:17 pm

dautjazz wrote:
OdomFan wrote:00s Jason Kidd
80s Joe Dumars
70s Julius Erving
10s Tim Duncan
90s Hakeem Olajuwon
That's such a weird team, and 2010s Duncan? He wasnt a bad player, but nowhere near as good as he was in the 2000s.


Weird how? Kidd and Dr J would be fun to watch. As would Hakeem, who would make things that much easier for 33 year old Duncan to be effective along with Kidd throwing him amazing passes. Oh, and to top it off they'd all be great on defense which is another reason I assembled them.
Image
User avatar
Air Apparent
Senior
Posts: 735
And1: 872
Joined: Jun 30, 2010
 

Re: One Player From Each Decade...... 

Post#53 » by Air Apparent » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:11 pm

aside from jordan in the 90s, ild probably just pick all the lakers lol
lakers2020
Senior
Posts: 521
And1: 451
Joined: Mar 16, 2018

Re: One Player From Each Decade...... 

Post#54 » by lakers2020 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:48 pm

Kobe 00
Jordan 90
Bird 80
James 10
Kareem 70
LakersLegacy
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,518
And1: 2,360
Joined: Apr 27, 2015
   

Re: One Player From Each Decade...... 

Post#55 » by LakersLegacy » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:16 pm

LeBron (2010s) point forward
Kobe (2000s)
Air Jordan (1990s)
Giannis (2020) he will have similar 2020s to what LeBron had in the 2010s
Wilt (1960s)

Bench
Magic (1980s)
Kareem (1970s)
Mikan (1950s)

What I like so much about this team is we get the wisest and toughest mentality of each player. LeBron was mentally a better player in 2010s v 2000s, same with MJ in the 90s v 80s, Kobe in the 00s v the 90s... these are championship seasons versions of the players after overcoming growing pains
60odbye Kobe
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
Posts: 24,160
And1: 10,910
Joined: Oct 25, 2006

Re: One Player From Each Decade...... 

Post#56 » by Fencer reregistered » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:35 pm

Profound23 wrote:
-You must draft a COMPLETE starting five. A pure PG, SG, SF, PF, C (meaning no using something like two shooting guards and playing one at SF)


Sorry, but that's a stupid rule. Guys without clear positions include Bird, Duncan, Lebron, Durant and Harden.

Anyhow, the players one wants to pick are probably:

70s: Kareem (C)
80s: Bird (combo forward) or Magic (PG)
90s: Jordan (SG)
00s: Duncan (PF/C) or Garnett (PF who also played some SF, C and PG) or maybe LeBron (SF)
10s: LeBron (combo F who switched to PG late in the decade)

Easiest is to go with something like Kareem/Garnett/LeBron/Jordan/Magic. Bird will be missed for his shooting, but the team has a lot of other great passers and rebounders.

Another option is to switch Garnett for Durant, but that softens the team (not just because of the switch, but because we could assume a younger LeBron).

Spacing is problematic, but otherwise that team is seriously loaded.
dautjazz
RealGM
Posts: 11,507
And1: 6,629
Joined: Aug 01, 2001
Location: Miami, FL
 

Re: One Player From Each Decade...... 

Post#57 » by dautjazz » Wed Jul 1, 2020 12:50 am

dautjazz wrote:
OdomFan wrote:00s Jason Kidd
80s Joe Dumars
70s Julius Erving
10s Tim Duncan
90s Hakeem Olajuwon
That's such a weird team, and 2010s Duncan? He wasnt a bad player, but nowhere near as good as he was in the 2000s.


I mean if you tell me this is a favorite players or just a group you'd love to watch together fine, and I have no doubt they would great and fun to watch. I just find it weird that you only picked 2 top 10 players, and you got Kidd who is probably in the 30s or 40s, and Dumars is not even a top 50 player. Erving is the one pick I'd probably give you the gripe on, since after Kareem he's the second best choice for the 70s, but there is a pretty significant gap between the two. Honestly none of your choices make sense to me.
NickAnderson wrote:
How old are you, just curious.

by gomeziee on 21 Jul 2013 00:53

im 20, and i did grow up watching MJ play in the 90's.
User avatar
PMONSTER
Head Coach
Posts: 6,186
And1: 1,047
Joined: Nov 28, 2009
     

Re: One Player From Each Decade...... 

Post#58 » by PMONSTER » Wed Jul 1, 2020 12:52 am

LeBron 2010s
Jordan 1990s
Kobe 2000s
Bird 1980s
Kareem 1970s
NBA Playoffs.... I can never wait!
Profound23
RealGM
Posts: 12,582
And1: 1,894
Joined: Jun 29, 2005
     

Re: One Player From Each Decade...... 

Post#59 » by Profound23 » Wed Jul 1, 2020 2:42 am

Fencer reregistered wrote:
Profound23 wrote:
-You must draft a COMPLETE starting five. A pure PG, SG, SF, PF, C (meaning no using something like two shooting guards and playing one at SF)


Sorry, but that's a stupid rule. Guys without clear positions include Bird, Duncan, Lebron, Durant and Harden.

Anyhow, the players one wants to pick are probably:

70s: Kareem (C)
80s: Bird (combo forward) or Magic (PG)
90s: Jordan (SG)
00s: Duncan (PF/C) or Garnett (PF who also played some SF, C and PG) or maybe LeBron (SF)
10s: LeBron (combo F who switched to PG late in the decade)

Easiest is to go with something like Kareem/Garnett/LeBron/Jordan/Magic. Bird will be missed for his shooting, but the team has a lot of other great passers and rebounders.

Another option is to switch Garnett for Durant, but that softens the team (not just because of the switch, but because we could assume a younger LeBron).

Spacing is problematic, but otherwise that team is seriously loaded.


The rule was because I knew without I would see stuff like this:

lakers2020 wrote:Kobe 00
Jordan 90
Bird 80
James 10
Kareem 70


PMONSTER wrote:LeBron 2010s
Jordan 1990s
Kobe 2000s
Bird 1980s
Kareem 1970s


Pretty sure 90% pick something like this without that rule. Two shooting guards, two small fowards.
dautjazz
RealGM
Posts: 11,507
And1: 6,629
Joined: Aug 01, 2001
Location: Miami, FL
 

Re: One Player From Each Decade...... 

Post#60 » by dautjazz » Wed Jul 1, 2020 2:53 am

Profound23 wrote:
Fencer reregistered wrote:
Profound23 wrote:
-You must draft a COMPLETE starting five. A pure PG, SG, SF, PF, C (meaning no using something like two shooting guards and playing one at SF)


Sorry, but that's a stupid rule. Guys without clear positions include Bird, Duncan, Lebron, Durant and Harden.

Anyhow, the players one wants to pick are probably:

70s: Kareem (C)
80s: Bird (combo forward) or Magic (PG)
90s: Jordan (SG)
00s: Duncan (PF/C) or Garnett (PF who also played some SF, C and PG) or maybe LeBron (SF)
10s: LeBron (combo F who switched to PG late in the decade)

Easiest is to go with something like Kareem/Garnett/LeBron/Jordan/Magic. Bird will be missed for his shooting, but the team has a lot of other great passers and rebounders.

Another option is to switch Garnett for Durant, but that softens the team (not just because of the switch, but because we could assume a younger LeBron).

Spacing is problematic, but otherwise that team is seriously loaded.


The rule was because I knew without I would see stuff like this:

lakers2020 wrote:Kobe 00
Jordan 90
Bird 80
James 10
Kareem 70


PMONSTER wrote:LeBron 2010s
Jordan 1990s
Kobe 2000s
Bird 1980s
Kareem 1970s


Pretty sure 90% pick something like this without that rule. Two shooting guards, two small fowards.


Well Lebron would be point forward, and Bird can also play point in the half court, also Kobe and MJ weren't bad playmakers by any stretch of the imagination. It's unconventional, but it's like this team would ever lose a game. Think about this, the Lakers currently user Avery Bradley and Danny Green in their backcourt, but Lebron plays point forward to the point where people swear left and right that he's the team's PG, I mean he essentially is on offense, well that's probably what would happen on a team like this. Kobe and MJ are quite redundant though as Kobe just ends up being a less efficient version of MJ. I personally also chose Lebron to straight up play PG alongside MJ, and Bird/Durant/Kareem so I can have more three point threats/stretch the floor.
NickAnderson wrote:
How old are you, just curious.

by gomeziee on 21 Jul 2013 00:53

im 20, and i did grow up watching MJ play in the 90's.

Return to The General Board