ImageImageImageImageImage

Trades and Transactions thread - To the offseason!

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,020

Re: Trades and Transactions thread - To the offseason! 

Post#961 » by moocow007 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:00 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
Read on Twitter

"I've done my part" = "Hopefully I'll get the Knicks to bite and offer me a max so I can go back to the Raptors and try to reup."
knickstape4ever
Head Coach
And1: 7,026

Post#962 » by knickstape4ever » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:11 pm

tbh, I don't want FVV especially not at the $ he's gonna get
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,607

Post#963 » by 3toheadmelo » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:14 pm

moocow007 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Wouldn’t mind going after him if we don’t get a guard in the draft

Not for anywhere near the max I wouldn't.

Of course. Wouldn't overpay for him either
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,309

Post#964 » by dakomish23 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:37 am

Read on Twitter

Shortsighted
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
knickstape4ever
Head Coach

Post#965 » by knickstape4ever » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:18 am

dakomish23 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Shortsighted

I go back and forth on this. on one hand, Knox is still just 20 and his best years are ahead of him, but on the other hand, he's shown very little; right now he doesn't even have 1 above average trait/skill. at least w/ Frank, he's a great defender

if the right deal came along (would love another lottery pick this year to land 1 of Vassell, Nesmith, Bey, or Lewis if we miss out on a top PG), I'd move Knox, but ultimately i think I'd keep him b/c my preference is to play the young players and get another top pick in 2021, deep especially at SF/PF making Knox expendable if he can't prove it next season
Thepaintismine
Sophomore
And1: 96

Post#966 » by Thepaintismine » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:23 am

knickstape4ever wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Shortsighted

I go back and forth on this. on one hand, Knox is still just 20 and his best years are ahead of him, but on the other hand, he's shown very little; right now he doesn't even have 1 above average trait/skill. at least w/ Frank, he's a great defender

if the right deal came along (would love another lottery pick this year to land 1 of Vassell, Nesmith, Bey, or Lewis if we miss out on a top PG), I'd move Knox, but ultimately i think I'd keep him b/c my preference is to play the young players and get another top pick in 2021, deep especially at SF/PF making Knox expendable if he can't prove it next season

Can't argue dat. But we shouldn't give up on such a yun cat! Don't want to make that list longa. U know.
I think after this next draft and FA period, we will know where we stand. We B kinda in between. Where goes our identity?
I would ratha have a solid all round team (Defense and Offense). I don't mind Knox as an off the bench scorer, but Dat D...
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#967 » by br7knicks » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:55 pm

knickstape4ever wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Shortsighted

I think if the right deal for him comes along, you jump on it (lottery pick, but I WON'T hold my breath on that).

the guy started off pretty hot from 3PT at the beginning of the season - but that dropped, significantly, as the season progressed (shot 45% in the first 12 games, then shot 29% after that).

if he found a way to play below-average to average defense, he might be serviceable for a team.

unfortunately i think he'll be used in some sort of salary dump, or to match salaries with another team.

while I'm not a knox fan, because he doesn't play defense, nor does he even have below average bballIQ, he's still too young to just give up on. i'm not sure how good of a learner he is, though.

his well below average bballIQ can be turned around if surrounded by smart players (the right vets). having lowIQ players/chuckers like randle, morris, trier, etc wouldn't help him.
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
Infinitimind
Senior
And1: 398

Post#968 » by Infinitimind » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:56 pm

br7knicks wrote:
knickstape4ever wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Shortsighted

I think if the right deal for him comes along, you jump on it (lottery pick, but I WON'T hold my breath on that).

the guy started off pretty hot from 3PT at the beginning of the season - but that dropped, significantly, as the season progressed (shot 45% in the first 12 games, then shot 29% after that).

if he found a way to play below-average to average defense, he might be serviceable for a team.

unfortunately i think he'll be used in some sort of salary dump, or to match salaries with another team.

while I'm not a knox fan, because he doesn't play defense, nor does he even have below average bballIQ, he's still too young to just give up on. i'm not sure how good of a learner he is, though.

his well below average bballIQ can be turned around if surrounded by smart players (the right vets). having lowIQ players/chuckers like randle, morris, trier, etc wouldn't help him.

I said in another post but I will say it again, You can tell Knox worked on his game and body over the summer. He started the season playing very well and then fizdale starting playing with his minutes and playing the vets over him. He destroyed the kid confidence and that on the team. Knox should be playing the 4, fizdale had him at the two guard at some point. This franchise is a joke and have proven time and time again they don’t know how to develop player. How can you judge Knox where he is just a boy dealing with this chaos. We as organization need to pick a direction, either we play the kids and try to develop them or we are trying to win. Because all of our young players have been hurt by this middle ground bull.
WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,478

Post#969 » by WargamesX » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:00 pm

Gentry gave a interview to the athletic and didn’t mention BI once. He did praise Lonzo for being a top tier PG and Zion for being Zion. He also talked about how if everyone on their team knows there role they will be a winning team.

It’s nothing, but still a bit noticeable.
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
spree2kawhi
General Manager
And1: 3,758

Post#970 » by spree2kawhi » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:16 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
moocow007 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:Wouldn’t mind going after him if we don’t get a guard in the draft

Should have been Siakam instead. Too bad.

FVV is obviously good, but obviously not a max player at all.
spree2kawhi
General Manager

Post#971 » by spree2kawhi » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:19 pm

Let's go after Lonnie Walker with one of the Mavs picks. He'll take the next step soon and they have a logjam. Buy low while you still can.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,168

Post#972 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:53 pm

spree2kawhi wrote:Let's go after Lonnie Walker with one of the Mavs picks. He'll take the next step soon and they have a logjam. Buy low while you still can.

I like Walker.
POSTING POLICIES:
1. Posts are dictated but not proofread most of the time. It depends.
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#973 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:57 pm

Here’s a new scouting report on Christian Wood by Coach David who does an excellent job of analyzing Wood’s strengths and weaknesses on both sides of the court.

POSTING POLICIES:
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,545

Post#974 » by newyorker4ever » Wed Jul 1, 2020 12:33 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
moocow007 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:Wouldn’t mind going after him if we don’t get a guard in the draft

https://clutchpoints.com/knicks-rumors-fred-vanvleet-a-potential-target-for-new-york/

In a conversation on The Athletic, former league executive and stats wizard John Hollinger says that he’s heard VanVleet’s name connected to the Knicks, and Hollinger likes his value.

“I have him projected at a $20.7 million valuation next season, and the Knicks would be buying his age 26 through 29 seasons on a four-year deal — presumably his prime years…at something around $20 million a year, he’s a solid value who still lets the Knicks have max room in 2021.”

In a May 11 discussion on The Athletic Danny Leroux projected VanVleet:

“will get about $15 million to $18 million per season, but contract length will be key. That is a totally reasonable price for him over the next few years, but a four-year deal could get thorny at the end if the Knicks are at another stage in their process.”
knickstape4ever
Head Coach

Post#975 » by knickstape4ever » Wed Jul 1, 2020 12:46 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:Here’s a new scouting report on Christian Wood by Coach David who does an excellent job of analyzing Wood’s strengths and weaknesses on both sides of the court.

I like his fit better than Julius, but I still think we need more of a floor spacer at the 4. Wood, while improved from 3, did so on just 2.3 attempts per game; not sure if his 38% is sustainable w/ more volume

despite age, Mook was the perfect fit at the 4 IMO
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,309

Post#976 » by dakomish23 » Wed Jul 1, 2020 1:44 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:Here’s a new scouting report on Christian Wood by Coach David who does an excellent job of analyzing Wood’s strengths and weaknesses on both sides of the court.

We’ve been on the same page about him.

Guys who can even remotely protect the rim and hit 3’s are a rare commodity.

Been a fan since college days.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
Esq-4
Veteran
And1: 318

Post#977 » by Esq-4 » Wed Jul 1, 2020 2:05 am

dakomish23 wrote:

We’ve been on the same page about him.

Guys who can even remotely protect the rim and hit 3’s are a rare commodity.

Been a fan since college days.

I remember reading threads/posts advocating for this guy years ago. Sad thing is, had we got him, would he have developed?
Esq-4
Veteran
And1: 318

Post#978 » by Esq-4 » Wed Jul 1, 2020 2:07 am

newyorker4ever wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
moocow007 wrote:

https://clutchpoints.com/knicks-rumors-fred-vanvleet-a-potential-target-for-new-york/

In a conversation on The Athletic, former league executive and stats wizard John Hollinger says that he’s heard VanVleet’s name connected to the Knicks, and Hollinger likes his value.

“I have him projected at a $20.7 million valuation next season, and the Knicks would be buying his age 26 through 29 seasons on a four-year deal — presumably his prime years…at something around $20 million a year, he’s a solid value who still lets the Knicks have max room in 2021.”

“will get about $15 million to $18 million per season, but contract length will be key. That is a totally reasonable price for him over the next few years, but a four-year deal could get thorny at the end if the Knicks are at another stage in their process.”

To me, it's not the player or person, it's the projected salary. But who knows...
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#979 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Jul 1, 2020 3:33 am

Esq-4 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:Of course. Wouldn't overpay for him either

To me, it's not the player or person, it's the projected salary. But who knows...

I'd still take him over Randle.
POSTING POLICIES:
spree2kawhi
General Manager

Post#980 » by spree2kawhi » Wed Jul 1, 2020 10:27 am

Frank, Walker, RJ, Wood, Mitch plus all the rookies you prefer. That's such an awesome look. Alternatively I'd roll with Jerami Grant, who I still consider to be even better than Wood.

Return to New York Knicks