And1: 15,277

Re: Deandre Jordan has tested positive for Covid-19 and will not play 

Post#41 » by celticfan42487 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:22 pm

Jazz9 wrote:
Brooklyn91 wrote:Or option C:

Read on Twitter
?s=21

That sounds pretty scary no?
Isn't COVID-19 especially dangerous to people with asthma/pneumonia?

We known it stays in the lungs on initial infection, but we don't know where else it spreads and what kind of horrible ramifications it can have for the rest of the body.

But it's a good bet that anyone with lung issues will have potentially serious complications if they are positive with COVID. Maybe not right away but just imagine what an untreated (we don't know how to treat it) condition can do to your long term health for your lungs after 6 months, 1 year, longer, ect.

It's something that we could see pop up 10 years down the road much like post polio syndrome.
G35
RealGM
And1: 7,753

Post#42 » by G35 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:24 pm

I think a lot of players do not want to play because they have gotten lazy since the lockdowns. I see it in regular society with all the telework being done...people want to stay at home and lay in the bed all day and get paid...I'm sure there are NBA players feeling the same way......
I'm so tired of the typical......
Scalabrine
RealGM
And1: 7,335

Post#43 » by Scalabrine » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:07 pm

meekrab wrote:
Scalabrine wrote:I had Covid in March and I was 100% in 2 weeks. Not saying everyone is the same, but this guy is in way better physical shape than me and has way better health care/supervision than I do. I was working out at my house and riding my bike maybe 5 days after I first felt symptoms. If he really wants to play he can make it happen. Notice how Dinwiddie hasnt ruled himself out yet?

The severity of Covid is highly variable and not really dependent on how physically fit you are. :noway:

Don't put words in my mouth. Read my second sentence.

I'm not claiming to be an expert or anything and I also didn't realize that Jordan has asthma till another poster brought it up but I think the evidence is pretty clear that the people at highest risk are those that are older, not in shape, or have pre existing conditions. The majority of NBA athletes don't fit that bill, would you agree?
Go Knicks!
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,948

Post#44 » by Trader_Joe » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:42 pm

Scalabrine wrote:
meekrab wrote:
Scalabrine wrote:I had Covid in March and I was 100% in 2 weeks. Not saying everyone is the same, but this guy is in way better physical shape than me and has way better health care/supervision than I do. I was working out at my house and riding my bike maybe 5 days after I first felt symptoms. If he really wants to play he can make it happen. Notice how Dinwiddie hasnt ruled himself out yet?

The severity of Covid is highly variable and not really dependent on how physically fit you are. :noway:

I'm not claiming to be an expert or anything and I also didn't realize that Jordan has asthma till another poster brought it up but I think the evidence is pretty clear that the people at highest risk are those that are older, not in shape, or have pre existing conditions. The majority of NBA athletes don't fit that bill, would you agree?

Except every person is different and this was a choice given to each player.
Don't know why you think you can question his decision, period.
I'm glad your bought with covid was short-lived and mild, though.
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
Scalabrine
RealGM
And1: 7,335

Post#45 » by Scalabrine » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:17 pm

Trader_Joe wrote:
Scalabrine wrote:
meekrab wrote:The severity of Covid is highly variable and not really dependent on how physically fit you are. :noway:

Except every person is different and this was a choice given to each player.
Don't know why you think you can question his decision, period.
I'm glad your bought with covid was short-lived and mild, though.

Uh, where did I question his decision? I fully agree that he is allowed to make his own decision here and never gave an opinion on weather he should or shouldnt play.

All I said was that there is still time for him to recover and play. If he doesn't feel comfortable with that then he doesn't feel comfortable, absolutely nothing wrong with that. I feel like a whole lot of people are putting words in my mouth in this post.
Go Knicks!
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 19,782

Post#46 » by Zeno » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:40 pm

TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
Zeno wrote:Both Dinwiddie and Jordan seem to emphasize how they were brought back to New York and then were infected so it makes me think they are displeased that the training camp was held in New York. They were considering moving it. I wonder where they were staying before returning and the amount of covid in the community where they were vs. New York now. This could cause future tension between Nets players and their organization. Hope they both make a full recovery and no one else on the Nets get infected.

Dinwiddie was in Texas so the smart money is he got it before or during his flight back to NYC.

Perhaps. Texas does have a higher rate right now. I’m not sure it matters. I was purely speculating. Got no idea if these guys are actually upset they were brought back to market or not, it’s just that they both seem to have gone out of their way to mention that fact.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
lakerz12
Head Coach
And1: 8,899

Post#47 » by lakerz12 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:53 pm

The Nets are 4 games below .500 and have no chance of winning anything, so I don't blame him for preferring to skip the entire ordeal.

He can enjoy a nice long vacation and watch from a distance.

Return to The General Board