Image ImageImage Image

Woj: Bulls among non playoff teams considering a short summer league

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

sco
RealGM
And1: 7,655

Re: Woj: Bulls among non playoff teams considering a short summer league 

Post#21 » by sco » Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:08 pm

dougthonus wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:This summer league would be with our regular roster, right? Not just a bunch of people trying to compete for a roster spot?

That's how I read it.

I get that the Bulls want this (new FO chance to evaluate roster and Boylen), but if I were a player (especially a vet), I wouldn't want to risk injury for meaningless games.
:clap:
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,753

Post#22 » by dougthonus » Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:08 pm

sco wrote:I get that the Bulls want this (new FO chance to evaluate roster and Boylen), but if I were a player (especially a vet), I wouldn't want to risk injury for meaningless games.

If the season hadn't ended prematurely, how much more meaningful would those games have been? Though I agree its meaningless games that the league could decide to cancel. You'd normally be playing in meaningless games. You are getting paid to play, and I'm betting eliminated teams aren't having salary withheld that teams still in the hunt get paid.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
Hold That
RealGM
And1: 741

Post#23 » by Hold That » Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:39 pm

meekrab wrote:
Hold That wrote:If they are hosting all lottery teams then the winner of the tournament should gain the best lottery odds.

This will never happen, for obvious reasons.

It should if they are truly sending a message of not rewarding tanking. Otherwise sending these teams to go play some meaningless games, risking health and claiming it’s for player development is complete bs
MalagaBulls
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,947
Location: Malaga, Spain (Where the Sun shines 300 days a year))

Post#24 » by MalagaBulls » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:12 pm

KC says there is still a possibility of activity but nothing defined yet.

Read on Twitter
terry
Senior
And1: 268

Post#25 » by terry » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:52 pm

Here's another article about it..

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/258605/Eight-Non-Bubble-Teams-Interested-In-Playing-Games-At-Secondary-Site

Really hope this happens. Even if something short similar to summer league. A 5 game season and single elimination tournament. Or if that's not enough to justify creating the bubble, maybe an 8-12 game season and single elimination tourament.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,201

Post#26 » by HomoSapien » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:55 pm

My hope is that the possibility of this is the main reason we haven't fired Boylen yet. Still, it seems like it'd be a great opportunity for a guy like Ime/Griffin to get a head start with the team in an abbreviated 8 game season/mini-tournament + mini off-season.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,431

Post#27 » by Michael Jackson » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:17 pm

HomoSapien wrote:My hope is that the possibility of this is the main reason we haven't fired Boylen yet. Still, it seems like it'd be a great opportunity for a guy like Ime/Griffin to get a head start with the team in an abbreviated 8 game season/mini-tournament + mini off-season.

Between that and full availability of guys they may want to talk to (and not tamper) Its such an odd situation because the season is in limbo like we have never seen before.
PaKii94
RealGM
And1: 6,549

Post#28 » by PaKii94 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:24 pm

I'm ready for more games
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,923

Post#29 » by ChettheJet » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:47 pm

The teams might want it, I doubt the players want to take the added COVID19 risk of meeting up with another team but unless the league gets those games on TV and the teams collect some revenue from that, they don't give a damn about meaningless games.

Return to Chicago Bulls