ImageImageImage

2020 NBA Draft Prospect Watch - Revised Poll

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Who do you prefer of the following prospects?

Desmond Bane
41%
Saddiq Bey
3%
RJ Hampton
3%
Kira Lewis Jr
14%
Tyrese Maxey
7%
Aaron Nesmith
7%
Isaac Okoro
3%
Jalen Smith
7%
Tyrell Terry
7%
Patrick Williams
7%

Total votes: 29

WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,660

Re: 2020 NBA Draft Prospect Watch 

Post#661 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:25 pm

Mr Puddles wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=09

It looks like there's some parallels between 2013 and this year's draft.

The funny thing is that even though 2013 was considered to be almost historically bad at the time, it has managed to produce really good players like Greek Freak, Rudy Gobert and Victor Oladipo along with some quality starters like Stevan Adams and Otto Porter Jr.

It probably turned out to be a better draft that following year's draft: the much hyped 2014 draft which was supposed to produce all sorts of generational talent.
The 2014 draft needs its own 30 for 30 with how starcrossed that whole group has been.

I don't love the top end of this draft but after that it seems like a decent class.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,429

Post#662 » by Ghost of Kleine » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:18 pm

Mr Puddles wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=09

The funny thing is that even though 2013 was considered to be almost historically bad at the time, it has managed to produce really good players like Greek Freak, Rudy Gobert and Victor Oladipo along with some quality starters like Stevan Adams and Otto Porter Jr.

It probably turned out to be a better draft that following year's draft: the much hyped 2014 draft which was supposed to produce all sorts of generational talent.

You're not wrong of course! :wink:

The thing with this particular draft class is that despite not having much IF ANY elite hyped prospects, The draft is actually littered pretty heavily with really solid Fringe/ rotation/ starter and even potential core level players. And many individual prospects have their own unique elite aspects to their game. This draft is actually very thick with highly underrated potential " Hidden Gems" that in the right situations, could quite possibly contribute on par with starting caliber players. And a few even actually have genuine All star level potential.

The key in this respective draft, is to properly identify those prospects whose skillsets/ unique elite attributes, would equate to a solid to high level contributor. This draft is absolutely perfect for adding real depth and mid- high level contributors. For my part, I still believe that we should address our bench depth in key critical areas, At a premium value, by adding a couple of these respective prospects that possesse those elite skills/ abilities to bolster our bench and starting 5. Then we look to add a really solid veteran in free agency, And then finally make our "Big Splash " next summer in the epically loaded 2021 free agency, AND target a potential ELITE 3rd star player in the insanely deep 2021 draft. :nod:
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,011

Post#663 » by sunsbg » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:43 pm

Ghost of Kleine wrote:

The thing with this particular draft class is that despite not having much IF ANY elite hyped prospects, The draft is actually littered pretty heavily with really solid Fringe/ rotation/ starter and even potential core level players. And many individual prospects have their own unique elite aspects to their game. This draft is actually very thick with highly underrated potential " Hidden Gems" that in the right situations, could quite possibly contribute on par with starting caliber players. And a few even actually have genuine All star level potential.

The key in this respective draft, is to properly identify those prospects whose skillsets/ unique elite attributes, would equate to a solid to high level contributor. This draft is absolutely perfect for adding real depth and mid- high level contributors. For my part, I still believe that we should address our bench depth in key critical areas, At a premium value, by adding a couple of these respective prospects that possesse those elite skills/ abilities to bolster our bench and starting 5. Then we look to add a really solid veteran in free agency, And then finally make our "Big Splash " next summer in the epically loaded 2021 free agency, AND target a potential ELITE 3rd star player in the insanely deep 2021 draft. :nod:

With Booker and Ayton already onboard the team should try to double on the chance to get another star or at least add a depth.

The top players in 2021 draft may be somewhat of a sure thing, but after that you look at the comparison of a player on one site and it's Dwayne Wade lite, on another he's a 2nd rounder - Doug Christie. Obviously a professional scout should have a better picture if it's one or the other, but it's still not easy.

In 2020 draft I would probably try to get a player with high potential like Pokusevski while obtaining another pick.
ImNotMcDiSwear
General Manager
And1: 6,087

Post#664 » by ImNotMcDiSwear » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:15 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
Mr Puddles wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=09

The 2014 draft needs its own 30 for 30 with how starcrossed that whole group has been.

I don't love the top end of this draft but after that it seems like a decent class.

#10 is an interesting spot in this draft. If things go according to expectations, we should see LaMelo, Hayes, Edwards and Wiseman in the top 5, with Okongwu, Toppin, Advija, Haliburton, and Vassell rounding out the Top 9. Leaves us in a position to grab anyone who slips or to decide who is the best of the "rest." Seems to me we'd be the first spot in the draft where things really open up. I don't know if there's really a pick we could make that would shock me.

If w'ere not in love with a particular prospect, I've warmed up to the idea of trading down to grab two or maybe even three end of the bench players to develop while we focus on using free agency to fill out our second unit. GoK talks about this - trading down for multiple picks - pretty much every day. (No, GoK, I don't need you to give us another list of the players you like! I've read your previous posts already!!) :wink:

Maybe the most interesting thing about this draft is the lack of an elite wing. If you need a 1, 2, 4 or 5, there's a prospect worth considering in your range. But if you need a 3, you're swinging for a single. That factor might elevate interest in a trade for Oubre come draft night, as wings are so critical in the modern game.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,660

Post#665 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:12 pm

ImNotMcDiSwear wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:
Mr Puddles wrote:

#10 is an interesting spot in this draft. If things go according to expectations, we should see LaMelo, Hayes, Edwards and Wiseman in the top 5, with Okongwu, Toppin, Advija, Haliburton, and Vassell rounding out the Top 9. Leaves us in a position to grab anyone who slips or to decide who is the best of the "rest." Seems to me we'd be the first spot in the draft where things really open up. I don't know if there's really a pick we could make that would shock me.

If w'ere not in love with a particular prospect, I've warmed up to the idea of trading down to grab two or maybe even three end of the bench players to develop while we focus on using free agency to fill out our second unit. GoK talks about this - trading down for multiple picks - pretty much every day. (No, GoK, I don't need you to give us another list of the players you like! I've read your previous posts already!!) :wink:

Maybe the most interesting thing about this draft is the lack of an elite wing. If you need a 1, 2, 4 or 5, there's a prospect worth considering in your range. But if you need a 3, you're swinging for a single. That factor might elevate interest in a trade for Oubre come draft night, as wings are so critical in the modern game.
If it played out like that I'd probably draft whomever of the pgs they like best Lewis, Maxey, Anthony, or Terry. I haven't spent enough time on these guys to really have a concrete ranking of them but in general I'd be happy to come out of this draft with someone to groom behind Rubio for the next 2 years.

Patrick Williams is also intriguing if they would want to go non PG.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#666 » by Ghost of Kleine » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:11 pm

sunsbg wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:

With Booker and Ayton already onboard the team should try to double on the chance to get another star or at least add a depth.

The top players in 2021 draft may be somewhat of a sure thing, but after that you look at the comparison of a player on one site and it's Dwayne Wade lite, on another he's a 2nd rounder - Doug Christie. Obviously a professional scout should have a better picture if it's one or the other, but it's still not easy.

In 2020 draft I would probably try to get a player with high potential like Pokusevski while obtaining another pick.

You're of course right, In that as with all drafts, You hope to properly identify and secure the prospects with the highest potential. But also, Hopefully that prospect will have a skillset or unique attribute that will allow that prospect to contribute right away too, And be an optimal fit for that respective team as well. Luckily for us, This particular draft, is deep outside of the lottery, And even well into the 2nd round with prospects that can very likely be solid rotation/ starter/ or even core level contributors.

With respect to that, My big board of the top prospects that should be available to us at pick 10 or later in a (trade back scenario) and with respect to potential team fit and high outcome are:

Point Guard-
1- Kira Lewis. *** Dennis Schroder/ Lou Williams?
2- Grant Riller*** Deron Williams/ Fred Van Vleet?
3- Tyrell Terry. *** Steph Curry/ Trae Young?
4- Malachi Flynn. *** Steve Nash/ Luke Ridnour?
5- Leandro Bolmero. *** Bigger Goran Dragic/ Bigger Sergio Rodriguez?

Wings-
1- Deni Avdija. *** Gordon Hayward/ Danny Granger?
2- Devin Vassell. *** Robert Covington/ Mikhail Bridges?
3- Aaron Nesmith. *** Michael Redd/ Ray Allen?
4- Tyler Bey. *** Shawn Marion/ Matisse Thybulle?
5- Isaac Okoro. *** Andre Iguodala/ Jimmy Butler.

Power Forward-
1- Obi Toppin. *** Amare Stoudamire/ Kenyon Martin?
2- Jalen Smith. *** Serge Ibaka/ Thomas Bryant?
3- Aleksev Pokusevski. *** Bigger Andrei Kirilenko / Skinnier Porzingis?
4- Paul Reed. *** Poor man's Paschall Siakim/ Better defensive Stromile Swift?
5- Reggie Perry. *** Bam Adebayo 2.0/ Poor man's Chris Webber?

Center-
1- Daniel Oturu. *** Al Jefferson ( offense/ Joel Embiids' (defense).
2- Vernon Carey. *** A rich man's Kennedy Meeks/ Thicker and stronger better offensive Derrick Coleman?
3- Xavier Tillman. *** Al Horford/ Bigger Draymond Green?
4- Zeke Nnaji. *** Channing Frye/ Meyers Leonard?
5- Nik Richard's. *** Javale McGee/ Jarrett Allen?

So all in all, I think we can quite possibly add tremendous positional depth and strengthen our bench at a very low cost, IF we add another pick or trade back in the draft. This is how we optimize draft value, Whilst maintaining critical cap flexibility. :wink:
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,780

Post#667 » by Saberestar » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:43 pm

sunsbg wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:

Pokusevski is another Dragan Bender IMO. Probably even worse because his total lack of production in Europe. He has not played for Olympiacos, he is just playing on their B team.

Why do you think that he has a high ceiling?
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#668 » by Ghost of Kleine » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:48 pm

ImNotMcDiSwear wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:
Mr Puddles wrote:

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using [url=http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75835]RealGM mobile

You're right on all counts! :lol:

I guess, As for my preferential lists, I'm just hoping to speak it into existence! :cheesygrin:

Honestly though, I really do like the idea of possibly trading back for multiple picks. Not only to add much needed depth to our thin bench, But to also to replenish our depleted cache of low cost tradable assets ( Which could really benefit us in 2021 perhaps)?? And to address critical positional needs at various positions, At the lowest cost possible to us ( being rookie scale contracts) with respect to their ( prospects) respective ELITE attributes. As far as a draft night trade combining our pick and Oubre goes, Anything can happen. And IF the front office harbors concerns over available cap space for the core extensions of Ayton and Bridges, Then I wouldn't at all be surprised to see some sort of trade inclusive to Oubre and our pick happen? :dontknow:
Stark
Junior
And1: 671

Post#669 » by Stark » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:37 pm

There is not a lot of players that i love in this draft. Not a huge fan of top prospects like Lamelo,Edwards and Wiseman. Only player i would love to see in Suns uniform next year would be Tyrese Haliburton. I haven't seen a prospect as efficient as him for a long time. We have a lot of point guards to juggle in our roster but we desperately need a pg that can take the starting position from Rubio in the future. He can play with either Rubio or Booker. Very poised for his age, rarely turns the ball over, has decent size and solid shooter with deep range and a quick release probably not going to be an all-star but perfect fit for the team James Jones is building. I hope we can somehow get him.

Other than Haliburton, Hayes seems good at least i liked what i saw from the videos. However he is probably a prospect that needs time to grow.

Oh i actually forget about the dude but i'm a huge fan of Tyler Bey too. My second favourite player after Haliburton he has amazing potential as a defender, best defender from the draft. He can literally defend from 1 to 5. Shooting is a bit of a problem but if he improves in that department he can develop into a player like between PJ Tucker and Marion. Perfect PF for today's league.

Finally i also searched for some bigs that can stretch the floor and probably best options are Jalen Smith and Killian Tillie. Smith as GOK mentioned a lot of time, plays a lot like Ibaka. Decent shotblocker that can shoot. Tillie probably is the best floorspacer big in the draft and i also like his basketball iq and court vision. Unfortunately Injury problems of him are kinda scary.

I also like Saddiq Bey but he is a very meh choice pretty much the Cam Johnson of this draft but i've become a huge fan of Cam this season. You can never have too many shooters so i'm also ok with Saddiq Bey.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,780

Post#670 » by Saberestar » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:08 am

Read on Twitter
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#671 » by Ghost of Kleine » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:57 am

What's everyone's thoughts on this kid who plays for Boise State? Derrick Alston Jr. He's currently projected to go late 2nd to undrafted! But he's around 6'9- 6'10 now, AND he's got really solid ballhandling skills and plays the point guard position primarily. But he can actually play 1-5. He desperately will need to add weight and strength, But he's got some really unique skills for his size.
https://basketball.realgm.com/player/Derrick-Alston/Summary/109463

https://broncosports.com/news/2020/3/30/mens-basketball-alston-to-enter-2020-nba-draft.aspxquote]49. Derrick Alston Jr. (Boise State, SF/PF, Junior)
https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2864194-2020-nba-draft-big-board-lamelo-ball-isnt-the-only-guard-vying-for-top-spot.amp.html

Shooting 39.5 percent inside the arc and 39.4 percent from three, Alston has been more effective away from the basket. That still makes him intriguing as a 6'9" forward making 2.6 triples per game.

Alston, who's averaging 21.4 points, can also handle and slash through defenses, though he does lack strength and athleticism for converting in tighters spaces or after contact.[/quote]

Again, He's really long at nearly 6'10 now with a 7 ft + wingspan. And he's so versatile, That he can play any position from 1-5. And is hitting on 39% from three also. I would really love to draft him with a late 2nd or a two way contract if he goes undrafted. And then we can groom him to become Oubres' replacement, Or an ultra versatile switchable player that can create limitless mismatches. :D
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#672 » by Ghost of Kleine » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:17 pm

sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,011

Post#673 » by sunsbg » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:03 pm

Saberestar wrote:
sunsbg wrote:

Pokusevski is another Dragan Bender IMO. Probably even worse because his total lack of production in Europe. He has not played for Olympiacos, he is just playing on their B team.

Why do you think that he has a high ceiling?

High potential is probably too strong, but I like his skillset next to Ayton and he looks less mechanical than Bender. See play @1:10.

Youngest player in the draft and obviously much will depend on him getting stronger. Nowhere near the same potential as Giannis because of athleticism, but as far as production goes, from Wikipedia :

Giannis :
During the 2012–13 Greek A2 League season, Antetokounmpo shot 46.4% from the field (62.1% on two-point field goals), 31.3% from three-point range, and 72.0% from the free throw line, while averaging 22.5 minutes per game. Over 26 games, he averaged 9.5 points, 5.0 rebounds, 1.4 assists, and 1.0 blocks per game.

Pokusevski :
For the 2019–20 season, Pokuševski was assigned to play in the Greek A2 League, the country's second-tier league, with Olympiacos' reserve team, Olympiacos B. He initially played for the senior EuroLeague club's practice squad. Pokuševski started in eight of his 11 appearances in the Greek A2, averaging 10.8 points, 7.9 rebounds, 3.1 assists, 1.3 steals, and 1.8 blocks in 23.1 minutes per game. He shot 40.4 percent from the field, 32.1 percent from 3-point range, and 78.3 percent from the free-throw line.

Point being in a weak draft you take a chance to get two nice players with some star potential, but later depends on good scouting, not watching 10 mins of youtube videos. :)
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#674 » by Ghost of Kleine » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:47 pm

ImNotMcDiSwear
General Manager

Post#675 » by ImNotMcDiSwear » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:44 pm

Ghost of Kleine wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=09

https://www.thestepien.com/2020/06/30/potential-draft-values-2nd-round-udfa/

Thanks for keeping us in the know, GoK! :D

It'll take me a minute to get through all the materials you posted... hopefully I have some time soon so I can get myself up to date!
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#676 » by Ghost of Kleine » Wed Jul 1, 2020 12:22 am

ImNotMcDiSwear wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=09

It'll take me a minute to get through all the materials you posted... hopefully I have some time soon so I can get myself up to date!

No problem man! When you get some time though, Let me know what you think of this Derrick Alston Jr kid k? I find him very intriguing for sure! :nod: And he's got a solid pedigree, As his father Derrick Alston senior played many years in the NBA for The 76ers, Hawks, and the rockets as a 4/5. But this kid is now close to 6'10, and has point guard skills. Very unique.
ImNotMcDiSwear
General Manager

Post#677 » by ImNotMcDiSwear » Wed Jul 1, 2020 2:34 am

Ghost of Kleine wrote:
ImNotMcDiSwear wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=09

No problem man! When you get some time though, Let me know what you think of this Derrick Alston Jr kid k? I find him very intriguing for sure! :nod: And he's got a solid pedigree, As his father Derrick Alston senior played many years in the NBA for The 76ers, Hawks, and the rockets as a 4/5. But this kid is now close to 6'10, and has point guard skills. Very unique.

Yeah, he's interesting. I haven't watched any film obviously, but he looks like a 6'9" shooting guard. Like the range on his shot, and his height really helps him get it off clean (though his percentage from deep last year was only 33.5%; it was 38.4% the year before on lower volume). But then, he doesn't get steals or blocks, despite his length, which is a red flag for me. His 3 assists and sub-1 A/TO ratio is another negative and it tells me for sure he's not a point guard.

Ultimately he's just not productive enough to pique my interest. I think he's probably ranked appropriately - fringe second rounder. My bet is he'll end up overseas or in the G League, where he'll either learn to make plays on defense or shoot the lights out, or he won't. But THANK YOU for making me watch the video because it's fun to know.

.... Recently I've been having second thoughts on my hate for Cole Anthony and Josh Green. You know who Josh Green kinda reminds me of? Dan Majerle. Been awhile since anyone reminded me of Thunder Dan. Big, strong guard, with only ok quickness, but very kinetic, gets steals and blocks, with a simple offensive game built around nailing catch-and-shoot threes and diving to the rack despite the fact that he's not a natural shooter or finisher.

Colangelo's gone and Cotton is past his prime (so to speak) so I doubt we'll take him... but then again, he is a UA kid, and Sarver loves his Wildcats. Hmm...

... And Cole Anthony, that's funny too. See I was watching some old 96-97 Suns footage and, well, Cole Anthony looks to me just a little bit like old KJ. Like, KJ when he was old. KJ when he was old was still pretty good, admittedly...
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#678 » by Ghost of Kleine » Wed Jul 1, 2020 3:53 am

ImNotMcDiSwear wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:
ImNotMcDiSwear wrote:

Yeah, he's interesting. I haven't watched any film obviously, but he looks like a 6'9" shooting guard. Like the range on his shot, and his height really helps him get it off clean (though his percentage from deep last year was only 33.5%; it was 38.4% the year before on lower volume). But then, he doesn't get steals or blocks, despite his length, which is a red flag for me. His 3 assists and sub-1 A/TO ratio is another negative and it tells me for sure he's not a point guard.

Ultimately he's just not productive enough to pique my interest. I think he's probably ranked appropriately - fringe second rounder. My bet is he'll end up overseas or in the G League, where he'll either learn to make plays on defense or shoot the lights out, or he won't. But THANK YOU for making me watch the video because it's fun to know.

.... Recently I've been having second thoughts on my hate for Cole Anthony and Josh Green. You know who Josh Green kinda reminds me of? Dan Majerle. Been awhile since anyone reminded me of Thunder Dan. Big, strong guard, with only ok quickness, but very kinetic, gets steals and blocks, with a simple offensive game built around nailing catch-and-shoot threes and diving to the rack despite the fact that he's not a natural shooter or finisher.

Colangelo's gone and Cotton is past his prime (so to speak) so I doubt we'll take him... but then again, he is a UA kid, and Sarver loves his Wildcats. Hmm...

... And Cole Anthony, that's funny too. See I was watching some old 96-97 Suns footage and, well, Cole Anthony looks to me just a little bit like old KJ. Like, KJ when he was old. KJ when he was old was still pretty good, admittedly...

Yeah, I have to admit, I have also been considering Anthony a bit more in our range. Although I do still have Lewis and Riller a bit higher on my board. But putting his poor shooting stats this year aside, I think that otherwise, Both he and Riller are on pretty even ground interest wise for now. Also Tyrell Terry is really growing on me for his elite shooting potential and his slick underrated passing abilities. Despite the concerns over his being undersized and underweight, I really do see the similarities between him and Steph Curry ( crisp/ very pretty) fast release shooting mechanics. And a fair bit of Tre Young in his long range shooting and crafty passing skills. So I would also consider Terry, around the 10th pick perhaps too, as IF we got a do over on that draft, And walked away with BOTH Ayton and a Tre Young for our own team. :o

I could just imagine the gravity and spacing that he'd afford Ayton and Booker with his ELITE shooting! And as for Derrick Alston Jr. I agree that he definitely is projected correctly. And that his blocks and assist ratio should be better too. But my interest in him primarily at this stage anyways is in his size at 6'9 with Elite ballhandling skills and really good athleticism and speed. Also in his averaging 21 points a game, But more importantly, his shooting 29% from three. I did notice in a few of his videos, that he primarily spends most of his time on the perimeter and is a focal point of their offense. So perhaps that plays into his low blocks and poor assist/ turnover ratio, As maybe he's expected or trying to do too much. Also in a few of his videos, He did have some really solid blocks, So the ability ( vertical burst is there. And his dribble penetration and ball skills were really impressive for being 6'9- 6'10. I just think that he may be being used poorly overall in their scheme there perhaps??

But I still would really strongly consider him with a really late 2nd round pick or with a two way contract, Given his ELITE skillset and talents. Perhaps he could be better developed in a different/ more professional situation. And IF he could improve those areas of his game, I'd love for him to give us great mismatch potential and rangy switchability as a backup 3rd string 2/3 behind either Oubre or Bridges and Cam possibly???

I haven't seen or followed too much of Josh Green to be honest! But in the small amount that I have reviewed him to date, For my part, I see him as somewhat of a more athletic Raja Bell. But if he could be like either of those suns greats for us, Then that'd really be helpful. It's funny just how much Sarver prefers Arizona players specifically :lol: . I wonder if he's contemplating Mannion at all too? Anyways, I like that you mentioned KJ and Cotton and Colangelo. It takes me back. Ahhhhh.......The good ol' days. I still say Damn Richard Dumas for his drug issues. I actually have a signed hat from him.....lol. But we are do for another Lang/ Perry/ Hornacek trade Or a Larry Nance/ KJ trade I think :wink:
Mr Puddles
Assistant Coach
And1: 10,147

Post#679 » by Mr Puddles » Wed Jul 1, 2020 10:09 am

Ghost of Kleine wrote:https://fansided.com/2020/06/29/2020-nba-draft-big-board-summer-update/amp/

Interesting tiers!

Thanks for sharing, I've seen Killian Hayes ranked really high in some other drafts as well (and in our draft range in others). I've never watched him play but he looks very interesting from his description alone.

Going by these descriptions, there should be a couple of interesting guys in this draft that could slide to #10.

Weisman and Obi Toppin ranked at the bottom end of the lottery are shockers.
Spoiler:
ImNotMcDiSwear
General Manager

Post#680 » by ImNotMcDiSwear » Wed Jul 1, 2020 3:11 pm

Mr Puddles wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:https://fansided.com/2020/06/29/2020-nba-draft-big-board-summer-update/amp/

Interesting tiers!

Thanks for sharing, I've seen Killian Hayes ranked really high in some other drafts as well (and in our draft range in others). I've never watched him play but he looks very interesting from his description alone.

Going by these descriptions, there should be a couple of interesting guys in this draft that could slide to #10.

Weisman and Obi Toppin ranked at the bottom end of the lottery are shockers.

I don't see how Ball and Hayes don't go 1-2. If a team at the top doesn't want those players, they should trade back.

I wouldn't be shocked to see Toppin drop to 10, and I think we'd probably take him. Wiseman dropping so far would shock me, unless there's a personality thing there.

I really, really don't think we're in the market for a PG in this draft unless it's a clear BPA issue. Our best player is a starting PG, we drafted a backup PG last year, we're letting two young PGs go this summer, and we just decided to use our open Orlando contract slot on a PG. We need help literally everywhere else.

Return to Phoenix Suns