ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Democratic Primary Thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Who are you voting for?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:48 pm

Joe Biden - I have no idea why, and I also forgot what year it is
28%
Bernie Sanders - I am an intelligent human being, and understand Sanders is our last hope and America needs him
58%
Tulsi Gabbard (Dropped Out) - Ringo Starr is also my favorite Beatle
14%

Total votes: 65

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,637

Re: OT: Democratic Primary Thread 

Post#1741 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:54 am

blanko wrote:Biden is up 15 points, dingle bernies shut the fuq up, do as your told. Keep biden away from interviews until the election.

Sent from my SM-N960N using Tapatalk

"Do as we're told"? Yeah, I don't think so. "You got it all wrong, see?" You shooting blanks. The tables have turned. You're mistaking Biden's lead for some kind of approval of him and his agenda. WRONG. Only 26% view Biden as "favorable." Old Uncle Joe's lead a complete a function of Trump-hate. Do you homework first, miho.

Maybe you haven't been watching the news lately. The times of the day are pulling Medicare and Social Security cutting, credit card bank-loving, Iraq War loving, hair-smelling Joe Biden and all of the other geritol-swilling establishment democrats to the left. You have no choice now. So, step in line and STFU.

Here, watch and learn. You're welcome.

Free Palestine
blanko
Starter
And1: 1,143

Post#1742 » by blanko » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:08 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
blanko wrote:Biden is up 15 points, dingle bernies shut the fuq up, do as your told. Keep biden away from interviews until the election.

"Do as we're told"? Yeah, I don't think so. "You got it all wrong, see?" You shooting blanks. The tables have turned. You're mistaking Biden's lead for some kind of approval of him and his agenda. WRONG. Only 26% view Biden as "favorable." Old Uncle Joe's lead a complete a function of Trump-hate. Do you homework first, miho.

Maybe you haven't been watching the news lately. The times of the day are pulling Medicare and Social Security cutting, credit card bank-loving, Iraq War loving, hair-smelling Joe Biden and all of the other geritol-swilling establishment democrats to the left. You have no choice now. So, step in line and STFU.

Lol if dingleberines have proved anything, its that they are laz, incompetent failures. Jesus are you trying to take credit for blm and black peoples work?

br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#1743 » by br7knicks » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:40 pm

I was bummed when Tulsi dropped. Told myself never to vote democrat again after how bad Obama did when I voted for him in '08, but Tulsi proved to be awesome enough to get me to vote in that direction again. I worry about Joe if he was to get elected - he'd need a REALLY good VP for me to vote for him.

I hope she finds a way to get back into the running. If there was one election where we DESPERATELY need a third party to vote for, or to make changes to the dumbness of how the election process works in this country, this would be the one. I don't think I can do another 4 years of this orange man.
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,675

Post#1744 » by Pointgod » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:21 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:

Well to be fair the people who chose Biden for the same reason that he’s not seen as another extreme option jso far are right. Trump’s attacks aren’t landing and he’s just making himself look like a damn fool. Trump can’t successfully paint Biden as far left, antifa or radical. And you’re seeing the success Biden’s appeal in states like Texas and Georgia. I think a lot of people owe the voters of South Carolina an apology.

That being said the Democrats shouldn’t get too comfortable here. It’s taking a global pandemic, mass protests and civil unrest, an economic catastrophe and millions of dollars spent by Republicans like the Lincoln Project and Bloomberg to get to this point. I agree with Wingo that a lot of anti Trump sentiment is driving this and if Democrats take back control of government they need to pass a bunch of campaign finance reforms and taking money out of politics. Because the next election cycle all that Republican money is going turn against the Democratic candidate.
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,929

Post#1745 » by Stannis » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:16 pm

br7knicks wrote:I was bummed when Tulsi dropped. Told myself never to vote democrat again after how bad Obama did when I voted for him in '08, but Tulsi proved to be awesome enough to get me to vote in that direction again. I worry about Joe if he was to get elected - he'd need a REALLY good VP for me to vote for him.

I hope she finds a way to get back into the running. If there was one election where we DESPERATELY need a third party to vote for, or to make changes to the dumbness of how the election process works in this country, this would be the one. I don't think I can do another 4 years of this orange man.

I'm with you. I'm a Sanders guy, but I really wish he worked with Tulsi.

Sadly I will be voting for Biden. It's amazing how this country can break you down and make you feel like you have to vote for whatever pile of chit you think smells better.

But Trump got elected in 2016. And despite the recent cooked poll numbers, there's still a big chunk of the population that love him to death. I can endure another 4 years of Trump tbh. But I can't endure a decades of Trump Jr and Ivanka presidencies. The GOP is fighting tooth and nail to make that happen. They chose the Trump family to represent them. It's happening, and must be put to a stop this election.

I disagree about the third party this election though. That will only re-elect Trump. The GOP's base is very stubborn. They will ride or die on Trump. A third party this election will only split the democratic vote.

Anyways, with all the protests and the pandemic, Trump's foreign policy is really going under the radar. Aside from uniting the country, good foreign policy is the most important thing for a president, imo. It's why I think Obama was god awful.
Free Palestine
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#1746 » by br7knicks » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:18 pm

Stannis wrote:
br7knicks wrote:I was bummed when Tulsi dropped. Told myself never to vote democrat again after how bad Obama did when I voted for him in '08, but Tulsi proved to be awesome enough to get me to vote in that direction again. I worry about Joe if he was to get elected - he'd need a REALLY good VP for me to vote for him.

Sadly I will be voting for Biden. It's amazing how this country can break you down and make you feel like you have to vote for whatever pile of chit you think smells better.

But Trump got elected in 2016. And despite the recent cooked poll numbers, there's still a big chunk of the population that love him to death. I can endure another 4 years of Trump tbh. But I can't endure a decades of Trump Jr and Ivanka presidencies. The GOP is fighting tooth and nail to make that happen. They chose the Trump family to represent them. It's happening, and must be put to a stop this election.

I disagree about the third party this election though. That will only re-elect Trump. The GOP's base is very stubborn. They will ride or die on Trump. A third party this election will only split the democratic vote.

Anyways, with all the protests and the pandemic, Trump's foreign policy is really going under the radar. Aside from uniting the country, good foreign policy is the most important thing for a president, imo. It's why I think Obama was god awful.

Ah, you're right about that getting him re elected. While I didn't, and won't vote for him, Trump did start to turn the economy around. But I didn't realize how bad it was with the GOP that they would look forward to MANY years of the Trump family.

I would've loved it if Tulsi got the nomination, and even someone like Yang (who I disagree with on things like UBI), but feel he is smart and reasonable enough to work with both parties and pull them together,
- something we haven't seen in decades.

Hell, even Cuban would be a better candidate.

For me, it's not so much about where you stand on certain things, it's more about their ability to work with everyone and find middle ground. I feel Tulsi and Yang would've been able to pull that off.
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
Fury
RealGM
And1: 14,977

Post#1747 » by Fury » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:06 pm

br7knicks wrote:
Stannis wrote:

Ah, you're right about that getting him re elected. While I didn't, and won't vote for him, Trump did start to turn the economy around. But I didn't realize how bad it was with the GOP that they would look forward to MANY years of the Trump family.

I would've loved it if Tulsi got the nomination, and even someone like Yang (who I disagree with on things like UBI), but feel he is smart and reasonable enough to work with both parties and pull them together,
- something we haven't seen in decades.

Hell, even Cuban would be a better candidate.

For me, it's not so much about where you stand on certain things, it's more about their ability to work with everyone and find middle ground. I feel Tulsi and Yang would've been able to pull that off.

The Democrats should not be looking to work with republicans or find “middle ground.” That’s done with. Over with. When McConnell and Newt Gingrich decided that the best policy is to block everything and make everything divisive politics, that’s when they decided working together would never work. Democrats are on the verge of taking over the Senate as well as the Presidency. Can’t stop now.
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,667

Post#1748 » by machu46 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:16 pm

In senate-race news, it looks like Booker has almost certainly lost to McGrath in KY.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,260

Post#1749 » by Clyde_Style » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:27 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:

only 26% view Trump as favorable too. That's a wash, so the enthusiasm factor has essentially zero weight in this election even if Trump's favorables come from hard core fan boys.

It is strictly about hatred of Trump. Most Republicans don't hate Biden even those who wouldn't vote for him, but most Democrats and some Republicans vigorously hate Trump.

So whatever pisses you or anyone else about the "establishment" can only be addressed by reforming it. And the only way to do that is to destroy the GOP when you've got your one best shot to put them out of business. There is enough momentum of new blood coming into the Democratic party to shift its direction over successive elections.

Biden is old. He'll serve one term. Pelosi is old. She'll retire soon. Change is happening within so letting conventional placeholders be the figureheads for defeating the GOP is actually a good thing since they're not going to hold the reins for that long anyway.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#1750 » by Clyde_Style » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:30 pm

machu46 wrote:In senate-race news, it looks like Booker has almost certainly lost to McGrath in KY.

Booker is more progressive, but if McGrath has a better shot in Kentucky of unseating McConnell then that is what matters most.

McConnell is an evil mastermind. We need to cut the head off the snake and recapture the Senate.
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,929

Post#1751 » by Stannis » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:16 pm

I didn't see either defeating McConnell. His voters had an amazing turnout for a almost meaningless GOP primary.
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1752 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:26 pm

Pointgod wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Well to be fair the people who chose Biden for the same reason that he’s not seen as another extreme option jso far are right. Trump’s attacks aren’t landing and he’s just making himself look like a damn fool. Trump can’t successfully paint Biden as far left, antifa or radical. And you’re seeing the success Biden’s appeal in states like Texas and Georgia. I think a lot of people owe the voters of South Carolina an apology.

That being said the Democrats shouldn’t get too comfortable here. It’s taking a global pandemic, mass protests and civil unrest, an economic catastrophe and millions of dollars spent by Republicans like the Lincoln Project and Bloomberg to get to this point. I agree with Wingo that a lot of anti Trump sentiment is driving this and if Democrats take back control of government they need to pass a bunch of campaign finance reforms and taking money out of politics. Because the next election cycle all that Republican money is going turn against the Democratic candidate.

So, we social democrats need to be quiet and remain on the sidelines like blanko says? Lmfao

The reason why Trump’s attacks aren’t landing is because the country is going down in flames and Joe is watching from the stands. Bernie could’ve done the same very easily but I don’t want to derail this train. The fact is that social democratic policies are what’s going to save this country. They are what the people want according to the polls and they are what we need in order to survive.

1. Medicare for all
2. Green New Deal
3. Massive criminal justice reform
4. Elimination of student and establishing free in-state college tuition.
5. Re-Redistribution of wealth back to the middle class.
6. Et

Why are establishment Democrats so afraid of these very benign and common sense policies? But if Bernie says it, then they become some kind of Stalin-esque takeover if American values being enforced by that horribly violent ANTIFA group.
Free Palestine
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#1753 » by Clyde_Style » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:28 pm

Stannis wrote:I didn't see either defeating McConnell. His voters had an amazing turnout for a almost meaningless GOP primary.

McConnell had a 37% favorability rating last time he ran and he won handily, but this election is different, so if If it's going to happen, it happens this year probably.

I would personally rather have someone like Booker being the Senator, but I see little chance he would pick off much in terms of swing votes in a state like Kentucky. It is typically going to be a very party-bound electorate as it is, so any cracks in party allegiance is what you need and that is what 2020 can offer as an opportunity.

McGrath is more likely to get any of those wavering votes since she is probably conservative enough to appeal to some Republicans. How close the Dem primary was will only translate to winning the election if Booker voters stay home and don't support McGrath. That is possible since he may have energized some voters to register, but as a whole I'd say anyone who had the desire to participate in the Democratic primary comprehends the existential threat 4 more years of Trump and the GOP represents, so I think the amount of Booker supporters who stay home would probably be small.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1754 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:32 pm

Stannis wrote:

Free Palestine
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,046

Post#1755 » by GONYK » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:58 pm

Some very interesting numbers coming out of the Pew Research panel

ImageImageImage
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1756 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:28 pm

GONYK wrote:Some very interesting numbers coming out of the Pew Research panel

ImageImageImage

Every day we get closer to November gives most people reason for optimism. :lol:
Free Palestine
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#1757 » by Clyde_Style » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:56 pm

Russian bounty scandal keeps producing new leaks. Now there are indications the IC had already matched up wire transfers between Russia and the Taliban that correspond with the bounty amounts gotten from their field reports.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/30/us/politics/russian-bounties-afghanistan-intelligence.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage

This is going to keep rolling. The knives are really coming out for Trump now with additional exposes on his phone calls with world leaders being considered a threat to national security by his own staff. He is both uninformed and out of control when dealing with leaders of other countries. Not surprising, just that the leaks are turning from a trickle into a stream.
Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 5,065

Post#1758 » by Jeffrey » Wed Jul 1, 2020 1:44 am

Clyde_Style wrote:Russian bounty scandal keeps producing new leaks. Now there are indications the IC had already matched up wire transfers between Russia and the Taliban that correspond with the bounty amounts gotten from their field reports.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/30/us/politics/russian-bounties-afghanistan-intelligence.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage

This is going to keep rolling. The knives are really coming out for Trump now with additional exposes on his phone calls with world leaders being considered a threat to national security by his own staff. He is both uninformed and out of control when dealing with leaders of other countries. Not surprising, just that the leaks are turning from a trickle into a stream.

Man I hope he doesn't drop out. I want to see that face of defeat again
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1759 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Jul 1, 2020 1:55 am

Jeffrey wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:Russian bounty scandal keeps producing new leaks. Now there are indications the IC had already matched up wire transfers between Russia and the Taliban that correspond with the bounty amounts gotten from their field reports.

Man I hope he doesn't drop out. I want to see that face of defeat again

I want to see the look on his face as the U.S. Marshals drag him and Melania out of the White House.
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1760 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Jul 1, 2020 2:04 am

So ... Medicare For All? Redistribution of wealth tax policies? UBIs? Free in-state college tuition? :dontknow:

Can someone please tell me what his actually means?

Read on Twitter
Free Palestine

Return to New York Knicks