List: Covid19-Bois

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Ryoga Hibiki
RealGM
And1: 6,539

Re: List: Covid19-Bois 

Post#221 » by Ryoga Hibiki » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:29 am

bondom34 wrote:https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/29/sports/coronavirus-survivors-athletes.html

Ben O’Donnell, a triathlete who lives in Anoka County, Minn., lost 45 pounds during a four-week hospital stay during which he was placed on a ventilator and a short-term life support machine.

And others. People won't stop downplaying this and its insanity.

The first (reported) case we had in Italy, that started all the madness in Lombardy leading to the first town being quarantined (Codogno), was a marathon runner. He ended up being in ICU for several weeks. If a guy like that can take it and risk his life, anyone can.
Слава Украине!
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#222 » by bondom34 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:57 pm

Ryoga Hibiki wrote:
bondom34 wrote:https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/29/sports/coronavirus-survivors-athletes.html

Ben O’Donnell, a triathlete who lives in Anoka County, Minn., lost 45 pounds during a four-week hospital stay during which he was placed on a ventilator and a short-term life support machine.

And others. People won't stop downplaying this and its insanity.

The first (reported) case we had in Italy, that started all the madness in Lombardy leading to the first town being quarantined (Codogno), was a marathon runner. He ended up being in ICU for several weeks. If a guy like that can take it and risk his life, anyone can.

That's the exact opposite of the point. Nobody should be risking their life for basketball.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Ryoga Hibiki
RealGM
And1: 6,539

Post#223 » by Ryoga Hibiki » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:33 pm

Profound23 wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

That's not science

Actually, saying "we don't understand" is, getting to conclusion wouldn't be.
Слава Украине!
ATRAIN53
Head Coach
And1: 2,560

Post#224 » by ATRAIN53 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:29 pm

players not dying yet.

I don;t want any to - but no one will take this seriously until one does. That's just human nature.

Gobert is Patient Zero and the latest update from him wasn't really that scary. He's not talking about being unable to breathe or wondering if his NBA career is in jeopardy. He's just complaining he can't smell but he''s planning to be in ORL.

No vids of Donovan Mitchell suffering either.

Jabari Parker out playing tennis right after he's diagnosed....
https://www.tmz.com/2020/06/27/jabari-parker-sacramento-kings-tennis-no-mask-coronavirus/

We're talking millions of dollars here.
I don't want to admit some risks I'd take for a million dollar payday.

Not all these guys see this as a life/death decision.....
jk31
Rookie
And1: 666

Post#225 » by jk31 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:32 pm

gipper08 wrote:Once we get to 50-75 nba players who had the virus and none of them even are admitted to the hospital then will you guys finally admit this virus' lethality is overblown?

Maybe because NBA players are some of the best athletes in the world? Of course their body is able to deal with Covid-19 much easier than the average human being. Not speaking of people with some other already existing illnesses, that are most endangered by this.
celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,277

Post#226 » by celticfan42487 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:06 pm

jk31 wrote:
gipper08 wrote:Once we get to 50-75 nba players who had the virus and none of them even are admitted to the hospital then will you guys finally admit this virus' lethality is overblown?

Maybe because NBA players are some of the best athletes in the world? Of course their body is able to deal with Covid-19 much easier than the average human being. Not speaking of people with some other already existing illnesses, that are most endangered by this.

They also are backed by a huge industry that lives off them being healthy to play as well as being individually healthy. They have access to the best healthcare possible.

The same that allowed that actor to get a positive test for COVID months before the American public was able to even have a single test available.

That said this is really sad having to debate if a global pandemic is real or not. Like what even is the opposing stance? All these industries are voluntarily losing money and all these deaths are just magically happening for no reason.
zshawn10
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,354

Post#227 » by zshawn10 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:07 pm

Read on Twitter
SirCharles3434
Junior
And1: 340

Post#228 » by SirCharles3434 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:23 pm

zshawn10 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Damn, not good.
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 19,472

Post#229 » by Mamba Mentality » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:34 pm

Read on Twitter

Not sure if this is part of the 16 that was reported yesterday.
sfernald
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,247

Post#230 » by sfernald » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:58 pm

Mamba Mentality wrote:
Read on Twitter

Sure they are not saying cause Zion is one of em..
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 56,211

Post#231 » by bisme37 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:01 pm

Assuming the NBA still has confidence in their bubble plan, perhaps they need to get teams into it sooner than originally planned. The Raps are already in the bubble and I read comments from Nick Nurse saying they feel very safe and comfortable.
Wilber85
Veteran
And1: 2,421

Post#232 » by Wilber85 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:02 pm

sfernald wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:
Read on Twitter

I heard COVID-19 tested postive for ZION
infinite11285
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,538

Post#233 » by infinite11285 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:28 pm

"But did you die, though" is the worst bro-science defense of transmission and infection of a virus, which can result in long term organ damage (lungs, kidneys, liver, pancreas, brain, and heart) and stroke for its survivors. There are too many unknowns about the lasting impacts of the virus to brush infection aside. Many survivors report, "not being right" even after the disease runs its course. Marginalizing the deaths of 128k+ Americans is also just as bad.
sfernald
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,247

Post#234 » by sfernald » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:33 pm

Wilber85 wrote:
sfernald wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:
Read on Twitter

I heard COVID-19 tested postive for ZION

If that’s the case then COVID-19 is fu***d, better luck COVID-20.
niQ
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 29,213

Post#235 » by niQ » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:39 pm

bisme37 wrote:Assuming the NBA still has confidence in their bubble plan, perhaps they need to get teams into it sooner than originally planned. The Raps are already in the bubble and I read comments from Nick Nurse saying they feel very safe and comfortable.

I think this is the article you're talking about:
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29376652/how-toronto-raptors-turning-fort-myers-test-nba-walt-disney-world-bubble

Though, they're currently in Fort Myers.

While the Toronto Raptors are not yet at the NBA's campus at Walt Disney World, their experience leaving their families behind and beginning basketball activities in Florida is essentially a test run for the environment the NBA will attempt to execute in Orlando.

But the rising number of positive cases is something Nurse is paying attention to, especially as he and his team try to keep their mini-bubble intact.

"I think for sure we think about [the virus]," he said. "But for me, in general, I'm not doing anything. I'm staying in my hotel. Every second I leave, I'm wearing my mask, I'm staying away from people. I'm going to the gym and doing that, and then coming back. I don't even want to stop anywhere."
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,588

Post#236 » by HiRez » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:15 pm

It'll be useful to have a Nurse on the team...
cavsfanatic
Sophomore
And1: 74

Post#237 » by cavsfanatic » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:42 pm

bisme37 wrote:Assuming the NBA still has confidence in their bubble plan, perhaps they need to get teams into it sooner than originally planned. The Raps are already in the bubble and I read comments from Nick Nurse saying they feel very safe and comfortable.

Thank god for the bubble.
Pythagoras
Analyst
And1: 3,282

Post#238 » by Pythagoras » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:43 pm

infinite11285 wrote:

"But did you die, though" is the worst bro-science defense of transmission and infection of a virus, which can result in long term organ damage (lungs, kidneys, liver, pancreas, brain, and heart) and stroke for its survivors. There are too many unknowns about the lasting impacts of the virus to brush infection aside. Many survivors report, "not being right" even after the disease runs its course. Marginalizing the deaths of 128k+ Americans is also just as bad.

Not only that, this is also a PUBLIC HEALTH ISSUE.

A young, healthy person may not be at great risk from dying or having severe complications from the virus... But they are now a threat to eventually passing it on to someone who WILL be at risk, if they're not quarantining.
Numbers rule the universe.
Triples333
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,671

Post#239 » by Triples333 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:02 pm

Pythagoras wrote:
infinite11285 wrote:

Not only that, this is also a PUBLIC HEALTH ISSUE.

A young, healthy person may not be at great risk from dying or having severe complications from the virus... But they are now a threat to eventually passing it on to someone who WILL be at risk, if they're not quarantining.

Thank God they're all maintaining social distance and clear of Covid. Plan is working great.

Rest assure, the NBA +Covid tests are a microcosm of society at large (and like society at large, the positive numbers are still laughably understated). These guys are not even part of the work force and dozens upon dozens of them have it (Zach Lowe had a laugh at the number of players he knew of that were not reported on a recent pod). The actual workforce have all been exposed. Despite positive tests flying through the roof (hint to those paying literally zero attention... testing is finally through the roof), the average age of death of a Covid patient is still around 80 years old.

But hey, who am I to step in front of the freight train of fear.
Sofia
GOTB: Mean Girls
And1: 30,835

Post#240 » by Sofia » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:12 pm

Shut up and dribble gang on full defensive mode
Founder - Wembanyama GOAT club - waitlist registrations being accepted

President of the Pharmcat Fanclub
President of the GreatWhiteStiff Fanclub

Return to The General Board