DraftTwitter Mock Draft — June 28th

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,309

DraftTwitter Mock Draft — June 28th 

Post#1 » by getrichordie » Wed Jul 1, 2020 4:27 am

@MavsDraft hosted a Draft-Twitter Mock that started on June 28th. I, @MavsDraft and 28 others participated in this mock. We allowed trades for picks 46-60 to keep trading from getting out of control.

Here are the results:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18M5W9DeoSS9lEgeUvkyI7g_ldw0CgvDa9IkxeF29w1g/edit?usp=sharing

five notes

1. The universe gifted SAS the #1 pick in the draft and took Edwards.

2. MIN drafted fairly well.

#5 - Okongwu
#16 - Maxey
#33 - Bey (Tyler)
#55 - Scrubb

3. PHI ended up with an... interesting haul.

#22 - Hampton
#34 - Winston
#36 - Butler
#49 - Quickley
#59 - Mays

4. CLE added Ball with their only pick (#2) to give them a logjam at point w/ Sexton and Garland.

5. POR decided to use the 14th pick in the draft on Leandro Bolmaro with Saddiq Bey still on the board.
— POR/SAC completed a deal with Anfernee Simons for #53 and stud DaeQuan Jeffries. Elijah Hughes was selected.
— Zeke Nnaji fell to POR at #44, which is great value.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
aguiar95
Rookie
And1: 552

Re: DraftTwitter Mock Draft — June 28th 

Post#2 » by aguiar95 » Wed Jul 1, 2020 1:11 pm

In my opinion:

Winners: MIN, NYK, DAL, SAC, BOS: Maybe it's because they have a lot of picks, but I loved every single choice.

Losers: BRO, DEN: Both players are way too high, maybe trade back if you really fell in love with the guy.

From a DAL perspective, I loved it. Bey and Reed gives you depth in both forward positions that can defend and contribute right now. I imagine Powell won't be able to recover from his injury until late in the season, so I figured KP/Maxi will play Center with DFS/Bey/Reed (goodbye JJax) filling forward minutes (KP and Maxi can be the stretch 4 in certain matchups with Boban/WCS making an appearance) great roster versatility.

Doncic/THJ/DFS/Bey/KP
Brunson/Curry/Wright/Reed/Kleber

Were you the OKC GM? If so, how do you see Maledon fitting with SGA/Paul/Schroder?
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#3 » by getrichordie » Wed Jul 1, 2020 2:39 pm

aguiar95 wrote:In my opinion:

Winners: MIN, NYK, DAL, SAC, BOS: Maybe it's because they have a lot of picks, but I loved every single choice.

Losers: BRO, DEN: Both players are way too high, maybe trade back if you really fell in love with the guy.

From a DAL perspective, I loved it. Bey and Reed gives you depth in both forward positions that can defend and contribute right now. I imagine Powell won't be able to recover from his injury until late in the season, so I figured KP/Maxi will play Center with DFS/Bey/Reed (goodbye JJax) filling forward minutes (KP and Maxi can be the stretch 4 in certain matchups with Boban/WCS making an appearance) great roster versatility.

Doncic/THJ/DFS/Bey/KP

Were you the OKC GM? If so, how do you see Maledon fitting with SGA/Paul/Schroder?

Honestly hated the NYK draft.

Yes, I was OKC GM.

I picked Maledon with the understanding that either Schroder or Paul is going to get moved either this offseason or by trade deadline. I'm an advocate of moving Paul, so we'd actually have a rotation of SGA/Schroder/Maledon.

Maledon is a combo-G who I think is a bit underrated on defense. So if needed, he can soak up minutes at the 2 and if Paul stays, Maledon fortifies three-PG lineup while Paul is there.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#4 » by getrichordie » Thu Jul 2, 2020 3:02 am

Added the UDFA wishlist.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,253

Post#5 » by Catchall » Thu Jul 2, 2020 4:03 am

getrichordie wrote:

Doncic/THJ/DFS/Bey/KP

Yes, I was OKC GM.

I picked Maledon with the understanding that either Schroder or Paul is going to get moved either this offseason or by trade deadline. I'm an advocate of moving Paul, so we'd actually have a rotation of SGA/Schroder/Maledon.

Maledon is a combo-G who I think is a bit underrated on defense. So if needed, he can soak up minutes at the 2 and if Paul stays, Maledon fortifies three-PG lineup while Paul is there.

If I were the Jazz GM, I might have taken Maledon over Josh Green. Hard to say.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#6 » by getrichordie » Thu Jul 2, 2020 2:31 pm

Catchall wrote:
getrichordie wrote:

Doncic/THJ/DFS/Bey/KP

Yes, I was OKC GM.

I'd probably take Maledon if I were the Jazz as well. Having another PDS guy who can play next to Mitchell is valuable.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs
And1: 32,640

Post#7 » by G R E Y » Thu Jul 2, 2020 3:28 pm

First, from your mouth to God's ears, GROD!

If we were to get the first pick, I think there would be some balance to our basketball destiny: seeing as how the last time we got the #1 pick it was with a prominent injured big and drafted a big, I think now finding ourselves in similar circumstances, we can only draft Wiseman.

But if we stay at 11, I hope we draft PatWill (depending on who else is available - like if Deni happened to drop to 11 I think that's great value at the spot. Doubt it, but weird things happen in drafts).
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
Thinking of you, Pop :hug:
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,253

Post#8 » by Catchall » Thu Jul 2, 2020 3:50 pm

getrichordie wrote:
Catchall wrote:
getrichordie wrote:

Yes, I was OKC GM.

I'd probably take Maledon if I were the Jazz as well. Having another PDS guy who can play next to Mitchell is valuable.

He actually has some sneaky SGA potential, imo.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh

Return to Mock Drafts