ImageImageImageImageImage

Build a Franchise Season 4 Offseason- Rule changes vote on page one

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,984

Re: Build a Franchise Season 4 Offseason- Rule changes (page one)/Exempt List Deadline midnight tonight- 6 teams left 

Post#221 » by Capn'O » Wed Jul 1, 2020 1:42 am

Another suitor will emerge.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Context
RealGM
And1: 12,251

Re: Build a Franchise Season 4 Offseason- Rule changes (page one)/Exempt List Deadline midnight tonight- 6 teams left 

Post#222 » by Context » Wed Jul 1, 2020 1:55 am

bringbackhoffa wrote:
Context wrote:
bringbackhoffa wrote:Anyone want to send me any first round pick for Siakam and Melli?

sure...

I turned down an offer of 4 FRPs for siakam fyi

almost any four firsts is a good gamble for a 1 year Siakam contract- in context...
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
bringbackhoffa
RealGM
And1: 5,041

Post#223 » by bringbackhoffa » Wed Jul 1, 2020 12:27 pm

@ bish

Given this is the first year bird rights will be in play, how many players will be released to be bid on at any given time? Could a team that holds bird rights to multiple players see its players come out at the same time to be bid on? Reason I ask this could cause complications for cap reasons for the incumbent team not knowing what the bidding wars could get to?

Sent from my SM-G960W using RealGM mobile app
Charlotte Hornets 2024-25

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

On the block: Huerter 36/2 years, Rubio- $6/3 years, Mills- $3/3 years, Duncan Robinson- $16/1 year, Okeke- $1/3 years
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,325

Post#224 » by Mecca » Wed Jul 1, 2020 1:54 pm

Yo, next year, can we please do something about these ratings? I asked the developers how come Mike Scott and Kenny Faried has a better jumper rating than James Harden and Klay Thompson, and these bozos start pointing to FG%

I asked why Jokic was a 70ish passer and Beverley was a 60 defender. They have no clue what they're doing and I really believe we need a better way to adjust these ratings more accurately
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
Mecca
RealGM

Post#225 » by Mecca » Wed Jul 1, 2020 1:55 pm

This is what the wack ass developer emailed me back. Screw these dudes.

"well Scott was a 40% three point shooter last year compared to Harden's 37%"
Brooklyn Nets
Mecca
RealGM

Post#226 » by Mecca » Wed Jul 1, 2020 1:58 pm

These guys are bozos. FYI Faried will prob get the 99 overall jumper rating again, so who wants him? I need a top 18 pick or straight asset.
Brooklyn Nets
Mecca
RealGM

Post#227 » by Mecca » Wed Jul 1, 2020 2:03 pm

Melton is going to be **** in the Sim next year because they don't understand analytics at all.
Brooklyn Nets
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,557

Post#228 » by mpharris36 » Wed Jul 1, 2020 2:04 pm

Mecca wrote:Yo, next year, can we please do something about these ratings? I asked the developers how come Mike Scott and Kenny Faried has a better jumper rating than James Harden and Klay Thompson, and these bozos start pointing to FG%

I asked why Jokic was a 70ish passer and Beverley was a 60 defender. They have no clue what they're doing and I really believe we need a better way to adjust these ratings more accurately

I'm sure if Bish found a more reliable SIM I don't think the league would have any issues going to the more realistic one. I think everyone would love to get as close to real life as possible,
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
bringbackhoffa
RealGM

Post#229 » by bringbackhoffa » Wed Jul 1, 2020 2:57 pm

Nothing wrong with the SIM the deserving team won the championship every year so far

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

On the block: Huerter 36/2 years, Rubio- $6/3 years, Mills- $3/3 years, Duncan Robinson- $16/1 year, Okeke- $1/3 years
bringbackhoffa
RealGM

Post#230 » by bringbackhoffa » Wed Jul 1, 2020 3:01 pm

You know you are desperate when you complain to the creators of a GAME about freaking Melton hahahhahahhah

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

Mecca
RealGM

Post#231 » by Mecca » Wed Jul 1, 2020 3:04 pm

bringbackhoffa wrote:You know you are desperate when you complain to the creators of a GAME about freaking Melton hahahhahahhah

Your BBIQ just got exposed again because I was clearly talking about De'Anthony Melton.
Brooklyn Nets
NewEra
RealGM
And1: 13,323

Post#232 » by NewEra » Wed Jul 1, 2020 3:38 pm

It’s JULY folks!!!
BAF- 2020 Champs | 2021 2k Champs
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,965

Post#233 » by Manhattan Project » Wed Jul 1, 2020 3:58 pm

Role players on the block.
Patty Mills- $47/3 years
Maurice Harkless- $40/3 years
Mason Plumlee- $30/3 years
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
bishnykfan
Knicks Forum Game Commish
And1: 13,600

Post#234 » by bishnykfan » Wed Jul 1, 2020 4:04 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
Mecca wrote:Yo, next year, can we please do something about these ratings? I asked the developers how come Mike Scott and Kenny Faried has a better jumper rating than James Harden and Klay Thompson, and these bozos start pointing to FG%

I'm sure if Bish found a more reliable SIM I don't think the league would have any issues going to the more realistic one. I think everyone would love to get as close to real life as possible,

I honestly don’t look at the ratings at all myself. I really don’t care what they are because they’re completely subjective. I look at the results and so far through three seasons the results have been solid. For the most part, the teams that I feel should be in the playoffs have been and the teams that I think are lotto bound, almost always have been. There are always exceptions to this but then again, there are exceptions like that IRL also. Injuries and the fact that the sim always lags a year behind is a big part of that.

Individual players numbers have also been pretty accurate IMO. The league leader lists have always had the names you’d expect on them. Of course there are up years and down years for players like there are in the actual league. But overall, I think it’s been fairly accurate.

As far as the players Mecca mentioned, Faried was obviously an anomaly this season. He’s a career 54.6% shooter, up to 58.9% in 2018-19 the year the sim is based on. He shot 66.3% from the floor this year which is obviously way high. His three point numbers in the sim were basically right at his career numbers though and below his 18-19.

Mike Scott averaged 4ppg for Chicago so I don’t think he’s an issue at all. But for whatever his ratings say, he shot well below his actual career numbers from the field and from three in the sim this past season.

Harden shot 45.6% from the floor up about 1.5% from his career and last years numbers. His free throw percentage was also way up. His three point percentage dropped but that can happen depending on system and who he plays with also.

Klay also shot way above his career number from the floor and line. Again, his three point percentage dropped but who knows what that reason may have been. His overall numbers were better then his career numbers.

So, long story short, of course I’d like the ratings to more accurately reflect how we all envision all 500 or so players but that just won’t be all the time. I’d take those ratings with a grain of salt until the results become much more questionable then they have been up to this point. We will always find a player here or there that is off but IMO, that balances out across the league.
All-Time Draft

PG- Oscar Robertson/Bob Cousy
SG- Earl Monroe/James Harden/Dana Barros
SF- Billy Cunningham/Michael Finley/Chet Walker
PF- Elvin Hayes/Dolph Schayes/Tom Chambers/Danny Manning
C- Walt Bellamy/Neil Johnston/Darryl Dawkins
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#235 » by mpharris36 » Wed Jul 1, 2020 4:27 pm

NewEra wrote:It’s JULY folks!!!

new BAF season

ROSTER

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#236 » by mpharris36 » Wed Jul 1, 2020 4:32 pm

bishnykfan wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

I honestly don’t look at the ratings at all myself. I really don’t care what they are because they’re completely subjective. I look at the results and so far through three seasons the results have been solid. For the most part, the teams that I feel should be in the playoffs have been and the teams that I think are lotto bound, almost always have been. There are always exceptions to this but then again, there are exceptions like that IRL also. Injuries and the fact that the sim always lags a year behind is a big part of that.

Individual players numbers have also been pretty accurate IMO. The league leader lists have always had the names you’d expect on them. Of course there are up years and down years for players like there are in the actual league. But overall, I think it’s been fairly accurate.

As far as the players Mecca mentioned, Faried was obviously an anomaly this season. He’s a career 54.6% shooter, up to 58.9% in 2018-19 the year the sim is based on. He shot 66.3% from the floor this year which is obviously way high. His three point numbers in the sim were basically right at his career numbers though and below his 18-19.

Mike Scott averaged 4ppg for Chicago so I don’t think he’s an issue at all. But for whatever his ratings say, he shot well below his actual career numbers from the field and from three in the sim this past season.

Harden shot 45.6% from the floor up about 1.5% from his career and last years numbers. His free throw percentage was also way up. His three point percentage dropped but that can happen depending on system and who he plays with also.

Klay also shot way above his career number from the floor and line. Again, his three point percentage dropped but who knows what that reason may have been. His overall numbers were better then his career numbers.

So, long story short, of course I’d like the ratings to more accurately reflect how we all envision all 500 or so players but that just won’t be all the time. I’d take those ratings with a grain of salt until the results become much more questionable then they have been up to this point. We will always find a player here or there that is off but IMO, that balances out across the league.

Correct I do agree that for the most part I do feel the SIM is fairly accurate and portrays most of what to expect. I do think defense is even more subjective and its even easier to label say Hassan Whiteside a good defensive player because he gets blocks when in real life he's actually a very poor defender.

Like how to you quantify in stats whos a good "man to man" defender. Like say Frank and Mikal bridges there isn't a stat unless the programmers are going to look far into advance analytics which is a lot to ask.

And you will have your anomalies. Probably the only team I thought got completely shafted was pelicans (and they had injuries) but AD/PG13/Trae Young probably doesn't miss the playoffs even with lack of depth.

But if we are really complaining about a couple players or 1 team out of 16 playoff teams. That isn't going to be perfect because its a SIM but like you said I never walked away from a season and thought man this team got completely shafted so all in all its been good.

Could it use some tweeks sure...but nothing is perfect.

ROSTER

Context
RealGM
And1: 12,251

Post#237 » by Context » Wed Jul 1, 2020 4:39 pm

NewEra wrote:It’s JULY folks!!!

:lol:
I always loved that character :lol:
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
NewEra
RealGM

Post#238 » by NewEra » Wed Jul 1, 2020 4:50 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
bishnykfan wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

Correct I do agree that for the most part I do feel the SIM is fairly accurate and portrays most of what to expect. I do think defense is even more subjective and its even easier to label say Hassan Whiteside a good defensive player because he gets blocks when in real life he's actually a very poor defender.

Like how to you quantify in stats whos a good "man to man" defender. Like say Frank and Mikal bridges there isn't a stat unless the programmers are going to look far into advance analytics which is a lot to ask.

And you will have your anomalies. Probably the only team I thought got completely shafted was pelicans (and they had injuries) but AD/PG13/Trae Young probably doesn't miss the playoffs even with lack of depth.

But if we are really complaining about a couple players or 1 team out of 16 playoff teams. That isn't going to be perfect because its a SIM but like you said I never walked away from a season and thought man this team got completely shafted so all in all its been good.

Could it use some tweeks sure...but nothing is perfect.

Though none of MY players have been mentioned in these rating discussions, I must say....perhaps we should leave the names out when it comes to highlighting their negative attributes. Suggesting a player is a poor defender may hurt his stock. :dontknow: just my opinion.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,984

Post#239 » by Capn'O » Wed Jul 1, 2020 4:53 pm

bringbackhoffa wrote:You know you are desperate when you complain to the creators of a GAME about freaking Melton hahahhahahhah

:lol:
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
NewEra
RealGM

Post#240 » by NewEra » Wed Jul 1, 2020 4:53 pm

The back to back Trae Young injuries were unheard of. I had NOP as a top team going in. Injuries were much better this year, but their situation was just unfortunate.

Return to New York Knicks