mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,080

Re: The Lebron '20 Thread (Pt. 5) 

Post#121 » by mademan » Wed Jul 1, 2020 6:04 pm

Greyhound wrote:
nzahir wrote:Lou is playing, damn

We need Dwight to play, small margins make the difference in these games

Who was taking care of Dwight's kid most of the time (yes I know he has multiple), was it just the baby mom?

Not surprised.

Everyone that matters on the contenders are playing.

Except the ones on the Lakers (that is).

Bradley is gone, Howard will probably follow, then probably another random out the blue (for good measure).

If every contender brings in all their parts, Bradley is going to start looking bad. People can claim his actions to be justified all they want, but if all the other contending players sacrifice for the game (and their teammates), he will look bad.

ya Bradley's never gonna look bad for putting his family and his children first.
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,611

Post#122 » by nzahir » Wed Jul 1, 2020 6:26 pm

mademan wrote:
Greyhound wrote:

Who was taking care of Dwight's kid most of the time (yes I know he has multiple), was it just the baby mom?

Not surprised.

Bradley is gone, Howard will probably follow, then probably another random out the blue (for good measure).

If every contender brings in all their parts, Bradley is going to start looking bad. People can claim his actions to be justified all they want, but if all the other contending players sacrifice for the game (and their teammates), he will look bad.

ya Bradley's never gonna look bad for putting his family and his children first.

I can understand Avery's decision, just sucks a bit for us

He is a neutral player for us, but he is better than Rondo is, and he can be useful at times

Dwight is a legit positive player and I really hope he makes it, and he gives great energy

If Dwight had a big role in raising the child, then he would have already sat out. But I feel like the kid was raised mostly by the mom and her family.

My question is, who is raising the kid now? Is it the mom's family? Was there another guy? Is it actually Dwight?
limbo
Veteran
And1: 2,677

Post#123 » by limbo » Wed Jul 1, 2020 8:55 pm

JR Smith aka PIPE GOD officially signed for the Los Angeles Lakers, will be wearing #21.

Time to dust off the pipe for one last hoorah, lol. Dude was beating up some bums in the street for theft just a couple of weeks ago, now he's back to salvage LeBron's season and erase that 2018 legendary mishap from the memory back. Can't wait for his game-winning three... it will be glorious, the narratives write themselves.
Greyhound
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,722

The Lebron '20 Thread (Pt. 5) 

Post#124 » by Greyhound » Wed Jul 1, 2020 9:06 pm

mademan wrote:
Greyhound wrote:

Not surprised.

Maybe not to you or I, but our opinions are not the ones that matter.

Bradley was in a good spot a couple weeks ago. Several players were voicing concerns about everything (from infectious concerns, bubble restrictions, and even social unrest). Several players involved in the infamous conference call were all threatening sitting out (in a show of solidarity), while others talked of sitting for health concerns.

Fast forward to today.

Coalition boys have bailed and it appears that all players on contending teams are reporting for duty.

Everyone except, Avery Bradley.

When he was just one voice in a wave of voices, he had safety in those numbers. As the numbers have evaporated he is beginning to look more like an outlier then one of many concerned.

This could lead to resentment from teammates, team officials, other team officials, league people.

Here is how it looks in terms of optics:

- You have Coaches that are facing the prospect of being forced to stay out of the bubble threatening legal action if they are not let in. These are guys (65 plus) who could literally die if infected.
They want it.

- After voicing their individual concerns initially, it appears that everyone in position to win something is putting team and teammates first. They want it as well.

Everyone (wants it) except, Avery Bradley.

He, along with Kyrie, inspired a coup amongst the players. They attempted to stir support for a player sit out (for social justice reasons), then once that fell through, he took leave sighting his sons asthma.

This, while the most prominent asthma hindered player plays on his team (McGee) and appears to be suiting up.

Can this be viewed as an individual who dabbled in rabble rousing, resorting to unpaid sick leave once his efforts did not garner support?

I think it can.

Athletes are an odd bunch. Michael Jordan still holds resentment towards Scottie Pippin for sitting out a playoff game with a migraine. I can see players resenting Bradley if sit out rates are less then previously anticipated.

Everyone reports for duty, except one guy (who tried to inspire others to do the same, previously). Any way you slice it, that’s not going to look good.
Don't believe the hype...
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,080

Post#125 » by mademan » Wed Jul 1, 2020 9:17 pm

Greyhound wrote:
mademan wrote:
Greyhound wrote:Not surprised.

Bradley was in a good spot a couple weeks ago. Several players were voicing concerns about everything (from infectious concerns, bubble restrictions, and even social unrest). Several players involved in the infamous conference call were all threatening sitting out (in a show of solidarity), while others talked of sitting for health concerns.

Fast forward to today.

Coalition boys have bailed and it appears that all players on contending teams are reporting for duty.

When he was just one voice in a wave of voices, he had safety in those numbers. As the numbers have evaporated he is beginning to look more like an outlier then one of many concerned.

This could lead to resentment from teammates, team officials, other team officials, league people.

Here is how it looks I terms of optics:

- You have Coaches that are facing the prospect of being forced to stay out of the bubble threatening legal action if they are not let in to help their teams. These are guys (65 plus) who could literally die if infected.
They want it.

- After voicing their individual concerns initially, it appears that everyone in position to win something is putting team and teammates first. They want it as well.

He, along with Kyrie, inspired a coup amongst the players. They attempted to stir support for a player sit out (for social justice reasons), then once that fell through, he took leave sighting his sons asthma.

This, while the most prominent asthma hindered player plays on his team (McGee) and appears to be suiting up.

Can this be viewed as an individual who dabbled in rabble rousing, resorting to unpaid sick leave once his efforts did not garner support?

I think it can.

Athletes are an odd bunch. Michael Jordan still holds resentment towards Scottie Pippin for sitting out a playoff game with a migraine. I can see players resenting Bradley if sit out rates are less then previously anticipated.

Everyone reports for duty, except one guy (who tried to inspire others to do the same, previously). Any way you slice it, that’s not going to look good.

Any player that has a problem with Avery not wanting to risk harm befalling his particularly vulnerable son is a POS. There are things bigger than basketball
Run DLC
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,757

Post#126 » by Run DLC » Thu Jul 2, 2020 12:13 am

LeBuff is back!
Thanks for all the great memories, LeBron! The show must go on! #Heatnation
Greyhound
Lead Assistant

Post#127 » by Greyhound » Thu Jul 2, 2020 12:44 am

mademan wrote:
Greyhound wrote:
mademan wrote:

Fast forward to today.

- You have Coaches that are facing the prospect of being forced to stay out of the bubble threatening legal action if they are not let in to help their teams. These are guys (65 plus) who could literally die if infected.
They want it.

I think it can.

Any player that has a problem with Avery not wanting to risk harm befalling his particularly vulnerable son is a POS. There are things bigger than basketball

Your assessment of their character is irrelevant. Depending if, how and with whom it takes hold, it could have career consequences.
SideshowBob
General Manager
And1: 6,253

Post#128 » by SideshowBob » Thu Jul 2, 2020 2:40 am

Last 18 months is easily the least amount of basketball he's played since being drafted. Hope the rest plays in his favor.
But in his home dwelling...the hi-top faded warrior is revered. *Smack!* The sound of his palm blocking the basketball... the sound of thousands rising, roaring... the sound of "get that sugar honey iced tea outta here!"
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,677

Post#129 » by Dupp » Thu Jul 2, 2020 3:27 am

SideshowBob wrote:Last 18 months is easily the least amount of basketball he's played since being drafted. Hope the rest plays in his favor.

Only issue with this lockdown is he was kinda starting to hit his stride and he usually takes a while into the season to get back to his best. Hopefully he can get that for playoffs.
KTM_2813
Pro Prospect
And1: 725

Post#130 » by KTM_2813 » Thu Jul 2, 2020 5:19 pm

Greyhound wrote:
mademan wrote:
Greyhound wrote:Maybe not to you or I, but our opinions are not the ones that matter.

Fast forward to today.

They want it.

I think it can.

Your assessment of their character is irrelevant. Depending if, how and with whom it takes hold, it could have career consequences.

On the flip side, he could also end up looking like a genius if the league has to shut down again, and then a story breaks that one of the players took the virus home to their family. With this virus, there are countless possibilities, and countless ways that people will look back upon it.

Honestly, I haven't heard of much anger towards Bradley thus far. If there are people so mad at him that they want to actually do harm to his career, either consciously or subconsciously, then something will probably come out. I dunno... It kind of seems like you're just mad at Bradley, but are framing it in terms of the players. :lol:
sansterre wrote:The success of a star's season is:

Individual performance + Teammate performance - Opposition +/- Luck
Greyhound
Lead Assistant

The Lebron '20 Thread (Pt. 5) 

Post#131 » by Greyhound » Fri Jul 3, 2020 7:06 pm

KTM_2813 wrote:
Greyhound wrote:
mademan wrote:

On the flip side, he could also end up looking like a genius if the league has to shut down again, and then a story breaks that one of the players took the virus home to their family. With this virus, there are countless possibilities, and countless ways that people will look back upon it.

Honestly, I haven't heard of much anger towards Bradley thus far. If there are people so mad at him that they want to actually do harm to his career, either consciously or subconsciously, then something will probably come out. I dunno... It kind of seems like you're just mad at Bradley, but are framing it in terms of the players. :lol:

Nobody is going to say a negative thing about Bradley or his decision. Use some common sense, guy. Just because you cannot see it does not mean it cannot exist.

Here is some free wisdom for you.

The type of resentment that should worry you is the kind that you cannot see. Visible resentment is typically the go to of angry individuals with no real power or influence. Nobody that matters is going to broadcast their feelings on a gray subject that’s well supported publicly. They will simply act on them (pulling one small thread at a time).

Welcome to the real world.

For the record, I am not mad at Bradley. I understand the reasoning given, though I do suspect it to be a tad disingenuous. Bradley sat out for social justice reasons, but took this out because he feared the backlash that would accompany the other.

How I feel is irrelevant anyway. This is just an observation of mine, and as unpopular as it may be, I stand by it.
Kingdibs19
Starter
And1: 3,577

Post#132 » by Kingdibs19 » Fri Jul 3, 2020 9:33 pm

Pretty sure Montrez Harrel has Covid
KTM_2813
Pro Prospect
And1: 725

Post#133 » by KTM_2813 » Sat Jul 4, 2020 4:08 pm

Greyhound wrote:
KTM_2813 wrote:
Greyhound wrote:

Nobody is going to say a negative thing about Bradley or his decision. Use some common sense, guy. Just because you cannot see it does not mean it cannot exist.

The type of resentment that should worry you is the kind that you cannot see. Visible resentment is typically the go to of angry individuals with no real power or influence. Nobody that matters is going to broadcast their feelings on a gray subject that’s well supported publicly. They will simply act on them (pulling one small thread at a time).

For the record, I am not mad at Bradley. I understand the reasoning given, though I do suspect it to be a tad disingenuous. Bradley sat out for social justice reasons, but took this out because he feared the backlash that would accompany the other.

How I feel is irrelevant anyway. This is just an observation of mine, and as unpopular as it may be, I stand by it.

The only points I'm trying to make are: One, that the ramifications of Bradley's decision could go many different ways (including a scenario where he actually comes off looking good), and two, that if people become so resentful towards him that they want to harm his career, something will probably come out (even if it's from Bradley's agent). I never denied that beneath-the-surface anger exists; on the contrary, I'm sure that some players are feeling it. I dunno... Your last few posts just come across as a bit "doom and gloom" for me. It could be because I need wisdom and don't understand the real world... Or it could be because I just want to wait and see. Only time will tell.
sansterre wrote:The success of a star's season is:

Individual performance + Teammate performance - Opposition +/- Luck
PistolPeteJR
RealGM
And1: 9,169

Post#134 » by PistolPeteJR » Sat Jul 4, 2020 7:07 pm

Kingdibs19 wrote:Pretty sure Montrez Harrel has Covid

Shamet does.
Greyhound
Lead Assistant

Post#135 » by Greyhound » Sat Jul 4, 2020 7:24 pm

KTM_2813 wrote:
Greyhound wrote:
KTM_2813 wrote:

The only points I'm trying to make are: One, that the ramifications of Bradley's decision could go many different ways (including a scenario where he actually comes off looking good), and two, that if people become so resentful towards him that they want to harm his career, something will probably come out (even if it's from Bradley's agent). I never denied that beneath-the-surface anger exists; on the contrary, I'm sure that some players are feeling it. I dunno... Your last few posts just come across as a bit "doom and gloom" for me. It could be because I need wisdom and don't understand the real world... Or it could be because I just want to wait and see. Only time will tell.

The doom and gloom is the pessimist in me. I tend to operate from the standpoint of what is the worst that can happen, then work backwards.

Your stance is a perfectly reasonable one.
Wait and see, let’s wait and see...
JordansBulls
RealGM
And1: 5,313

Post#136 » by JordansBulls » Sun Jul 5, 2020 1:29 am

Run DLC wrote:LeBuff is back!

He looked skinny in those pictures though.
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
- Michael Jordan
toodles23
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,440

Post#137 » by toodles23 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:23 am

Finally some good news for the Lakers?

Read on Twitter
thebigbird
Head Coach
And1: 19,897

Post#138 » by thebigbird » Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:44 am

toodles23 wrote:Finally some good news for the Lakers?

Read on Twitter

I feel MUCH better about the Lakers' chances now. Now Vogel can play the best guards without worrying about locker room politics. Huge for the Lakers.
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,611

Post#139 » by nzahir » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:15 am

thebigbird wrote:

Read on Twitter

I feel MUCH better about the Lakers' chances now. Now Vogel can play the best guards without worrying about locker room politics. Huge for the Lakers.

The stars are aligning

We may have been saved

If Dion or JR can be good, I feel like we’re going to take this all

KCP, DG, Lebron, AD, McGee
Caruso, Dion/Jr, Kuzma, Kieff, Dwight

If Kuzma and Kieff can’t hit shots, more Dion and JR
coastalmarker99
Starter
And1: 2,172

Post#140 » by coastalmarker99 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:26 am

nzahir wrote:
thebigbird wrote:

Read on Twitter

The stars are aligning

We may have been saved

If Dion or JR can be good, I feel like we’re going to take this all

KCP, DG, Lebron, AD, McGee
Caruso, Dion/Jr, Kuzma, Kieff, Dwight

If Kuzma and Kieff can’t hit shots, more Dion and JR

:crazy: This is terrible news for the Lakers as we need all the ball handlers we can get who the hell runs the offence if LeBron rests on the bench in the playoffs.
Reggie Jackson is amazing and a killer in the clutch that's all.

Return to Player Comparisons