Indiana Pacers Draft Pick Watch Thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Re: Indiana Pacers Draft Pick Watch Thread 

Post#721 » by Ruzious » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:45 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:Do we have a 2nd this year? Because I want K-Mart Jr. (Mini-Mart?) on the Herd.

No, but we can buy one. Should we set up a GoFundMe page for a Bucks 2nd rounder? 8-)
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,883

Post#722 » by RiotPunch » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:04 pm

Ruzious wrote:The thing about Hali - unlke Ball and Hayes - he's shown the ability to be great as a low usage point guard. Some will take that as a weakness and call him a role player. But if used as a high usage player, will he be able to handle that and stay efficient? I think that question (Is he a role player?) keeps him from getting picked in the top 5.

Yep. His landing spot means so much. If someone drafts him to be their primary initiator, I don't think that's going to go very well. Elite linking player, not an archetype typically taken super high.

Hope one of he, Maxey or Cole fall into our trade up range. Hali next to a jumbo creator like Giannis is maybe his very best landing spot.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#723 » by Ruzious » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:07 pm

RiotPunch wrote:
Ruzious wrote:The thing about Hali - unlke Ball and Hayes - he's shown the ability to be great as a low usage point guard. Some will take that as a weakness and call him a role player. But if used as a high usage player, will he be able to handle that and stay efficient? I think that question (Is he a role player?) keeps him from getting picked in the top 5.

Yep. His landing spot means so much. If someone drafts him to be their primary initiator, I don't think that's going to go very well. Elite linking player, not an archetype typically taken super high.

Hope one of he, Maxey or Cole fall into our trade up range. Hali next to a jumbo creator like Giannis is maybe his very best landing spot.

Well said.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,634

Post#724 » by emunney » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:53 am

Wait a minute now, the point guard archetype is not a high usage player. It's the guy who starts the possessions, not the guy who finishes them. I don't think there's anything about Haliburton that makes me believe he can't be successful in that role, as a team's point guard on offense. I certainly don't think anybody else in the draft is remotely as capable right now.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,924

Post#725 » by Jez2983 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:19 pm

Ruzious wrote:
Jez2983 wrote:Why is Williams projected as Pick 14? Seriously as he seems to have huge upside.

Also those draft projections are wack.

Do you think he'll be a good offensive player and rebounder? If yes, why?

I don't know, which was why I asked the question. I got some answers in the thread, which have helped. I assume you're questioning his ability in the two areas you've mentioned?

Sorry with the super slow response. Life, and so on.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,951

Post#726 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:37 pm

Jez2983 wrote:
Ruzious wrote:
Jez2983 wrote:Why is Williams projected as Pick 14? Seriously as he seems to have huge upside.

I don't know, which was why I asked the question. I got some answers in the thread, which have helped. I assume you're questioning his ability in the two areas you've mentioned?

Look at this guy over here, having a life in the pandemic, like some kinda big shot.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#727 » by Ruzious » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:37 pm

Jez2983 wrote:
Ruzious wrote:

Oh, no problem. Someone answered for you and sounded good to me. :D But you are correct - I have strong doubts. I rate him a bit lower than most do because the stats aren't great, but he is young and the defensive stats look promising.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,976

Post#728 » by Badgerlander » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:24 pm

Williams stats aren’t great? Compared to other freshman 5th men that weren’t handed the keys to the offense? I seriously love emmuney saying that he is the forward version of DDV, he can shoot from all 3 levels and both off the dribble and C&S and he can create his own shot. Decent passer out of the PnR too. He isn’t too 10 worth but he projects as a solid player
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
Badgerlander
RealGM

Post#729 » by Badgerlander » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:21 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Spoiler:

Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#730 » by Ruzious » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:44 pm

Badgerlander wrote:Williams stats aren’t great? Compared to other freshman 5th men that weren’t handed the keys to the offense? I seriously love emmuney saying that he is the forward version of DDV, he can shoot from all 3 levels and both off the dribble and C&S and he can create his own shot. Decent passer out of the PnR too. He isn’t too 10 worth but he projects as a solid player

Which of his stats impressed you; his shooting percentages? assists/to's? Rebounding?

Wait a sec; you're ending that post saying he projects as just a solid player? I agree with that, but that doesn't sound like the rest of your posts.
Badgerlander
RealGM

Post#731 » by Badgerlander » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:23 pm

Ruzious wrote:
Badgerlander wrote:Williams stats aren’t great? Compared to other freshman 5th men that weren’t handed the keys to the offense? I seriously love emmuney saying that he is the forward version of DDV, he can shoot from all 3 levels and both off the dribble and C&S and he can create his own shot. Decent passer out of the PnR too. He isn’t too 10 worth but he projects as a solid player

Which of his stats impressed you; his shooting percentages? assists/to's? Rebounding?

Wait a sec; you're ending that post saying he projects as just a solid player? I agree with that, but that doesn't sound like the rest of your posts.

Yes his shooting % are really good. Which of his stats are unimpressive? Which previous freshman are you comparing him to? Marcus Morris? Otto Porter? Jayson Tatum?

Spoiler:

Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#732 » by Ruzious » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:07 pm

Badgerlander wrote:
Ruzious wrote:

Yes his shooting % are really good. Which of his stats are unimpressive? Which previous freshman are you comparing him to? Marcus Morris? Otto Porter? Jayson Tatum?

Most 1st rounders are 1 and dones, so it's not like we have to go back in time to make comparisons. He hasn't shown he's a particularly shooter yet - I think that's obvious. Could it change - sure. He's a young player. I'm not sure what there is to argue about, since you said he's just a solid player, and I agreed with you.
Badgerlander
RealGM

Post#733 » by Badgerlander » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:25 pm

Ruzious wrote:
Badgerlander wrote:
Ruzious wrote:Which of his stats impressed you; his shooting percentages? assists/to's? Rebounding?

Most 1st rounders are 1 and dones, so it's not like we have to go back in time to make comparisons. He hasn't shown he's a particularly shooter yet - I think that's obvious. Could it change - sure. He's a young player. I'm not sure what there is to argue about, since you said he's just a solid player, and I agreed with you.

He is a good shooter, shot 72% from the elbow

Spoiler:

M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,365

Post#734 » by M-C-G » Wed Jul 1, 2020 8:13 pm

Does Kispert have athleticism to play in the NBA? Watched like a two minute video and he looks like he moves like a 34 year old Korver. But could see him adding wins
engelmartin
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,871

Post#735 » by engelmartin » Wed Jul 1, 2020 8:34 pm

Ruzious wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:Do we have a 2nd this year? Because I want K-Mart Jr. (Mini-Mart?) on the Herd.

No, but we can buy one. Should we set up a GoFundMe page for a Bucks 2nd rounder? 8-)

Honestly, someone do it. Worst case scenario it'll just get taken down. Not sure about the legalities but why the hell not?
KnicksGod wrote:Middleton probably the most underrated player in NBA History
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,555

Post#736 » by Ron Swanson » Wed Jul 1, 2020 9:08 pm

If Pat Williams is the forward version of DDV then dude should probably be going Top-5. Really hard to project those kind of intangibles though.
Badgerlander
RealGM

Post#737 » by Badgerlander » Wed Jul 1, 2020 10:24 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:If Pat Williams is the forward version of DDV then dude should probably be going Top-5. Really hard to project those kind of intangibles though.

Top 5? I love DDV but not top 5. Williams is like Jayson Tatum without the pretty only legged leaner jumper. Williams doesn’t have the handles for it and can only dribble into a stop and pop. Also it looks like Williams has knee valgus which isn’t the end of the world since DJ Wilson had it before they fixed it at Michigan but probably pushes his development time out

Spoiler:

Badgerlander
RealGM

Post#738 » by Badgerlander » Wed Jul 1, 2020 10:47 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Spoiler:

LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,686

Post#739 » by LuessiT » Wed Jul 1, 2020 11:30 pm

Badgerlander wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:If Pat Williams is the forward version of DDV then dude should probably be going Top-5. Really hard to project those kind of intangibles though.

Top 5? I love DDV but not top 5. Williams is like Jayson Tatum without the pretty only legged leaner jumper. Williams doesn’t have the handles for it and can only dribble into a stop and pop. Also it looks like Williams has knee valgus which isn’t the end of the world since DJ Wilson had it before they fixed it at Michigan but probably pushes his development time out

I don't think Williams is that comparable to Tatum though I do agree that he could break into the top 5.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,634

Post#740 » by emunney » Thu Jul 2, 2020 2:31 am

Bane might not be my pick but he will be a good pick. His release isn't super fast but it's sudden, kind of like Curry he can just flick it, feet always ready. Economical.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts

Return to Milwaukee Bucks